Souls for Satan

By SianaghGallagher

COMPLETED (BOOK 6) *Also a stand alone book, but reading the other books is suggested!* An arrogant demon wit... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56

Chapter 26

35.1K 1.9K 1.2K
By SianaghGallagher

Milokan glanced around the corner, looking down the busy street. He could barely see anything between the humans who rushed around, going in and out of shops or storming down the pavement. Kaiden stood closely behind him, towering over the small angel. The demon had to make sure he would not wander away. Milokan's eyes revealed how intrigued he was by everything surrounding him.

Meloras had forced Kaiden to take his soulmate to London. She thought the angel would learn a substantial amount in a capital city. It was cultural, loud, vibrant and full of exciting things to keep him happy.

"Try to stay as normal as you can," the demon whispered. Milokan turned when his breath brushed his ear. His face was close, close enough for the demon to see faint freckles across his nose. Kaiden instantly stood up straight before he had the chance to blush. Jeronah and his mother stood behind them, waiting to move from the dull alleyway.

"Okay, I will follow you," Milokan beamed, delighted to do something new. He always blushed enough for them both and never tried to hide it.

Kaiden boldly stepped into the street, immediately growing irritated by humans as they edged around him, not caring whether they bumped him or not.

"Oh, what is this?" asked the angel. He turned to hurry over to a shop window, but Kaiden grabbed his hand and pulled him into him. He bent down so he wouldn't yell and draw attention to them.

"Don't run off, don't speak, don't breathe, just act like you belong here." His stare was serious, and Milokan found himself subconsciously nodding. He gripped the demon's hand a little tighter, determined to keep down Kaiden's anger.

"I apologise. I am just excited. The earth is a very new experience for me."

The demon didn't let go of his hand, worried that Milokan's excitement would get the better of him. Of course, he ignored the stares from humans and pulled him down the street.

"Where do you suppose they are going?" Milokan questioned and dodged a woman running towards him with coffee in a plastic container. He decided to stick himself to his soulmates side. He was big and could easily push through everyone.

"Work," Kaiden sighed. "They have imprisoned themselves for a boring life."

"What do they work for?"

"To survive."

Meloras and Jeronah followed, occasionally brushing their fingers or shoulders to settle their bond. Jeronah's heart ached every time Kaiden looked at him. He desperately wanted to re-connect with him and build that father and son relationship, which they had before his world came crashing down around him. He wanted to hug him and to cherish him. He wanted to know what would make him smile and what made him upset. He wanted inside jokes and a bond like no other, but in the harsh reality of his life, he didn't know his son at all. When the time comes for Kaiden to know, Jeronah is prepared to get very emotional.

"You're attracting all the dogs," the demon muttered.

They passed two golden Labradors who almost pulled their owner over to get to him.

"Hello," Milokan chuckled but was instantly pulled away. He frowned and didn't like the demon's authority. "Will you please be a little less controlling."

Kaiden grumbled a response but kept walking until they reached the end of the street.

"I am stern because you can not get comfortable with ordering me around. Yes, you know more about this earth than me, but you have no right to stop me from doing anything that will make me happy. You do not own me, Kaiden." His voice was in a hushed tone. He wanted to yell his frustration even if it wasn't wise.

Kaiden watched him and bit his lip to keep back his demon traits.

"I don't realise that I'm doing it. I'm sorry."

Meloras raised her eyebrows, shocked by his honesty. She stayed quiet, letting the moment sit between her son and his soulmate.

"Well, I shall tell you from now on, and hopefully you will learn from it."

"I don't want to be commanding; It's what I'm familiar with, that's all." Kaiden wanted to be told by the angel if he was doing something wrong. He knew controlling relationships are not healthy. The sooner he understood how to stop himself, the better.

"I will whip you into shape," Milokan chuckled, but Kaiden cringed. The reminder of the devil's whip surged through his memory, and the angel noticed, so did Meloras. "Oh my goodness! Kaiden, I am such a terrible person. I am so sorry; I did not mean it like that! I am so insensitive-"

Kaiden silenced him by gently pulling him into another alley.

"Calm down. It's fine-"

"It is not fine!" Milokan gripped his jacket, wishing the world would swallow him whole. "I have seen your scars, I know what pain you have gone through, but still, I did not think about what I was saying. I am deeply apologetic, and I am so very sorry!"

Jeronah was not sure what was happening, but Kaiden could feel his guilt, and he had to put an end to it. He rested his hands on his shoulders, and his thumbs very gently moved over his collar-bones, trying to make him relax.

"Don't work yourself up about it. I know it wasn't what you meant, and I'll get over it."

"You should not have to get over anything." Milokan lifted his arms and wanted the demon to crouch. "Allow me to make you feel better."

Kaiden felt terrible that the angel was remorseful, and he couldn't stop himself from leaning down so Milokan could wrap his arms around his shoulders to embrace him. His forehead rested in the crook of his neck, and he took in his sweet scent of flowers.

"I hope one day you will enjoy hugs from me. I find them very comforting," Milokan muffled against the black denim of his jacket.

Meloras was pursing her lips and trying her hardest not to stare. Her son is starting to treat Milokan with the respect that he deserves and she felt very proud of him.

Kaiden closed his eyes, allowing the affection to soak his insides. He cherished this embrace and knew only the angel's hugs would be truly enjoyable. He usually finds them somewhat awkward, uncomfortable and forced. Milokan knew how to make a hug feel meaningful, and the demon liked it.

After a moment, he lifted his head and took a breath of composure.

"How about I follow you now. Where do you want to go and what do you want to see?"

The angel's eyes sparkled with a passion for adventure.

"I want to see everything!" Milokan stepped back into the busy street and smiled when a scent of fresh bread filled his nose. The distant noises of buskers singing and playing music echoed through the people. Every shop intrigued him. What did they sell? Why did they sell it?

"While we are in the city," Meloras spoke and walked level with her son, leaving Jeronah to walk with Milokan who pointed at everything with wonder. "We should get things to keep our bodies clean and fresh."

Kaiden nodded. His eyes darted around fully aware that he smelt like a demon to any supernatural being who happened to be close. He couldn't see any and Milokan would not be able to sense other demons, due to the metal in their arms.

"We'll go soon after Milokan is sick of people walking into him." Kaiden gritted his teeth, not wanting to get mad and overprotective. The angel is capable of looking after himself. He had to resist.

"Kaiden," Meloras linked arms with him and locked it harder when he tried to pull away. She ignored his scowl and watched Jeronah with a gentle look in her eye. "How are we going to make earth our home? After we figure out how to stop Lucifer, what comes after that?"

The young demon tried not to smirk when Milokan tripped over a kerb and almost fell flat on his face. The angel asked Jeronah what their purpose was and he shrugged, equally as clueless.

"I don't know. Travel? Make a home? I don't think we'll ever be safe in this world."

They glanced at each other, sharing the same thought.

"This is not the only world anymore," Meloras whispered, not wanting people to hear. "Maybe one day, we could find peace in another."

Her son nodded.

"Maybe." His eyes then shifted to his mother who diverted her gaze from her soulmate and blinked away the passion in her expression. "Why did you never tell me about Lucifer?"

They stopped outside a shop which had flowers in little stalls by the front window. Milokan stuck his head into a sunflower and sniffed with delight.

"Because I couldn't risk anyone overhearing. It is a secret that the angels hate to remember."

"How do you know about it?"

Meloras tensed and had to think quickly.

"Because I was his assistant. There is a lot of things he trusted me with after pretending to be loyal for sixteen years."

Kaiden frowned and crossed his arms.

"You weren't his assistant when I was born?"

"I meant eighteen years. The years pass so fast I can't keep up." Her chuckle was awkward and forced.

Kaiden narrowed his eyes until a smash, and gasps from humans distracted him. He looked up in time to watch Milokan jump out of the way of a vase that his wings knocked off a shelf.

"What the..." a group of people stopped and stared at Milokan with judging eyes, thinking his wings were fake until he pressed them against his back and blushed with embarrassment.

"They moved!" A girl squealed when Kaiden quickly took his wrist and started pulling him away. The man who owned the shop ran out after them, angry that he broke something and left.

"Hey!" He grabbed the angels shoulder, but Kaiden was fed up. The demon turned, clenched his fists and punched him in the face. The man fell on his back when more humans stopped to watch in horror.

"Oh dear," Jeronah breathed and rested a hand on Kaiden's shoulder, but he turned and glared with blacked out eyes, making him step back. "We need to leave, right now."

The boys had exposed themselves and were running out of time. Milokan tried to aid the man who Kaiden had punched until heavy footsteps approached.

"Go, the police!" Meloras cried.

Kaiden then gripped Milokan's elbow and started yanking him through the crowd, but people were stopping them.

"You can't do that and run away!" A man yelled in Kaiden's face but his eyes flashed black again, and he stumbled away. Milokan's wings were still out and a circle of humans formed around them, staring, judging, and expressing hate.

Meloras and Jeronah were stuck in the crowd, unable to get to them.

"Leave!" Jeronah yelled. "Go back to the river! We will wait for you there!"

Kaiden nodded, surprised by how fast things grew out of hand.

Milokan jumped into him when someone tried touching his wing. The demon picked him up, just as the officers dived through the crowd. When one officer tried to grab them, she fell to the ground, finding herself in the circle without the victims.

The humans fell quiet with open mouths. Some even rubbed their eyes in astonishment. Nobody had noticed that Meloras and Jeronah vanished too, right in front of them.

Kaiden was so desperate to get out that when he landed only moment later, he fell onto his back so he wouldn't crush the angel. He was furious and instantly pushed him away.

"What the hell Milokan!"

The angel flinched at his harsh tone.

Jeronah and Meloras hurried over to check if they were okay. The atmosphere around them was suddenly calm when the only noise to be heard was the birds and the trickling of moving water.

Milokan looked around and could finally breathe, enjoying the familiar view of the river.

"I-"

"Why did you show your wings?" Kaiden cut him off with his yelling.

"I can not help it sometimes!" he exclaimed. "I was just happy, and it was an accident."

"Kaiden, why did you punch that human?" Meloras hissed.

"He grabbed my soulmate," he growled back.

"You can't go around punching people because-"

"Milokan can't go around breaking things."

They glared at each other until a low chuckle escaped Jeronah's lips. Milokan twiddled his thumbs, trying not to look like a child who had been caught doing something he shouldn't.

"I am humoured by that," Jeronah beamed. "I would have loved to see the look on their faces when you boys disappeared right in front of them."

Meloras sighed, and let go of her anger, chuckling at the thought. Milokan then chuckled, ignoring Kaiden's intense scowl.

"Humans are very materialistic. I would not have learnt that if I did not break a possession."

"As I said earlier, they imprisoned themselves by working for things," Kaiden muttered. He had softened by the sound of the angel's laugh. "You need to control your wings."

"And you need to control your anger." Milokan climbed to his feet. "Thank you for protecting me, though. And thank you for admitting that I am your soulmate. I can imagine that feels rather refreshing."

Kaiden rolled his eyes and laid on his back. His scars were getting itchy. He stared at the sky and shook his head.

"You are so problematic."

Milokan knew by the tone of his voice that he didn't see it as an issue. It gave him entertainment, at least. There are not many angels who have imperfections and Kaiden liked that he was not perfect. However, this raised questions about the young angel. Is there a reason as to why he is different? Why did other angels abandon him? Why could he not remember the reason for being left all alone? Kaiden may soon find himself asking who Milokan really is.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

434K 13.5K 39
"Where I'm from, the fires are hot." He grasped my ass tightly. His mouth was close to my ear. "Nothing but endless screams of tortured souls for hou...
75.5K 2.3K 33
I feel his lips on mine like the were ment for each other.it feels like the whole world has been waiting for this moment and it's just us in this wor...
454 46 32
COMPLETED (First book in my unnamed Trilogy) You thought your problems were bad? Imagine having supernatural abilities. Nothing wrong with being gay...
2.3K 57 21
Have you ever wanted to be an angel? How about a demon? I really do hope you guys chose angel instead of the devil To be honest, I've always thought...