Scream and be Free (Zac Hanso...

By oddsnendsfanfics

Brielle Simmons-Hanson loves her life. She loves her husband, his children, and she loves that they've become... More

Scream and be Free (Zac Hanson)
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four

Chapter Twenty Nine

280 2 2
By oddsnendsfanfics

I am usure of how I feel about this chapter.

-----------------

"Your house is awfully quiet today." Nikki commented taking a glance around the empty house.

It was odd to enter Zac and Brielle's home and not have all the commotion that usually came with it. Brielle lead the way to the living room, taking a seat in her favourite arm chair. Sitting down she sighed. "I assume my husband is with Taylor, his children are with Zoe for the day, and Jenna..." Brielle paused. "She's at work."

"Actually, I think she's helping Isaac move." Nikki replied with a small smile. "He picked up Everett and Monroe to help. Something about Luke being out of town and as a present, Isaac will be moved out when he comes back."

"I didn't know Ike had found a place, good for him." Brielle forced a smile. "Luke is in Bangor visiting family. He's there for a couple of weeks. Not a bad idea really." she wrinkled her nose.

"Why don't you go visit your mom? Zac has three weeks away coming up, take off and say fuck it. I'm sure your mom would love to have you for three weeks." Nikki encouraged. "Go to New York this week, when they come home, go north."

Pulling her feet up under her, Brielle rested her side against the arm of the plush chair. It was a tempting idea, she loved New York and hadn't been home to visit in quite a while. Sadly, it would never work. Zac had a little over a month until he left for tour and he wouldn't agree to his wife taking off and leaving, after he was on tour there wasn't much he could do if Brielle decided to take a small vacation.

"I doubt Zac wants me in New York." Brielle answered, admiring the colour of her nail polish. If she was in New York with him, it wouldn't give him any more chances to lie about things. "But maybe a trip to see my mom while he's on tour will be nice."

"Who cares, your his wife. You should be able to go where you want, when you want. If he doesn't like it, too bad for him. You know Tay and Isaac won't say anything against it." Nikki replied firmly. "Nat is going to New York, go."

"Don't be so sure, if Taylor or Isaac thought I as compromising Zac and work they'd tell me." Brielle retorted, a slight snort followed her comment. "If I go to New York it'll only cause problems. Besides, now that Willa is sick there is no guarantee Nat will go."

Natalie had phone Brielle early in the day, cancelling on her part of their day out. Willa had come down with something and since Taylor had to finalize plans for their press trip to New York, it wasn't feasible to ask him to stay home.

"I happen to know they're staying at the Ace." Nikki beamed. If talking Brielle into going to New York was going to work, surely informing her that they would be staying in the exact place she and Zac first met would do the trick.

Brielle loved the hotel, it was one of her favourite places, a reason she had agreed to even go with Caleb to that stupid New Year's Eve party. Biting her bottom lip, she tried to sort out her feelings as quickly as possible. Going to New York sounded like a fun idea, in theory, if Natalie was going then they could find their own fun. On the other hand, Zac would have to agree before Brielle could even seriously think about going.

There was a time when Zac would randomly call, demanding Brielle go along with him, it never mattered whether it was tour or press as long as she agreed to go. He used to enjoy taking her places, showing her what it was like to do what he did for a living, now she got lucky if Zac asked her to go anywhere with him when it came to his career. Brielle loved the travel, she loved watching him, and she loved the happiness it seemed to bring him as well as the fans. Zac Hanson truly loved what he did, his wife admired that about him. This trip wouldn't have many fans, except for maybe a handful that would some how know when and where the band would be. This trip would be mostly business, but Zac would still plaster his goofy grin on his face, hamming it up for anybody and everybody.

If Brielle went and Zac didn't want her to, it compromised a lot of things for a lot of people. Nkki would already know this, just as Brielle was about to voice it anyway, she stopped when the front door shut and a heavy set of feet rushed toward the center of the house. Standing, Brielle popped into the hall way to see Jenna racing down the hall.

"Hey, where's the fire?" Brielle teased, moving her hair out of her eyes and walking back to the living room.

"I'm just here to get a few things, before I head back to Is..."Jenna stopped short, walking into the living room to see Nikki sitting there. "Nikki, hey!"

"Jenna, hey." Nikki greeted her with a warm smile. "I haven't seen you around."

Stealing at glance at Jenna then at Nikki, Brielle couldn't help but smirk. Jenna had paled almost three shades seeing Nikki sitting there and Nikki just continued to smile. Clearly Jenna hadn't been paying attention to the vehicles in the yard, when she came in. Brielle wondered, had Jenna noted the suv in the yard would she have even came in?

"How is the move going?" Nikki asked casually, flipping her hair over her shoulder her eyes were fixed on Jenna. She wasn't intending to make Jenna feel uncomfortable or weird, why should she? Jenna had landed with her husband, now ex husband, not because of anything Jenna had done and Nikki felt she had no right to hate Jenna.

"We've got almost all of his stuff to the new place, it's a bit smaller than Isaac would like, but I think he'll enjoy having his own space." Jenna answered with a small smile. "Luke is a great guy, but I think they were ready for their bromance to flourish without sharing a bathroom."

When the divorce had gone through, Isaac had given half of everything he'd made during his marriage to Nikki, hence his move in with Luke. Finding a house was important and finding one in Isaac's price range had taken some time. A condo would have worked fine but Isaac wanted his own yard, his own space, and something for Everett and Monroe to enjoy when he had them.

"He said it was nice, I guess I'll see it when I pick the boys up." Nikki noted.

"I think he's going to take the boys for dinner once they're finished." Jenna added. "They're really hard workers, they helped us get a lot done today." a compliment about ones children was always a great way to break any tension.

Nikki smiled. "They were excited to spend the day with him, I think they miss him but I'm sure they'll adjust."

During their divorce proceedings, Isaac and Nikki agreed it was best they maintained shared custody of the two boys. It was important to Isaac that they lived in the house they had been in, he felt it would be more beneficial to them if they remained with Nikki and visited with him. Nikki agreed that Isaac could have their two children whenever he pleased, providing he gave her at least a 12 hour warning. This wasn't their first visit with Isaac since he had left, but it was their first visit where Jenna was involved.

Everett was slightly colder toward the woman he had once considered one of the coolest adults on the planet, not that Jenna expected him to take this without some discontent. Monroe on the other hand was a little warmer, Jenna was one of his favourite people, he had made it very clear he missed his dad being at home but he didn't mind all the extra time he got to spend hanging with Jenna.

"Are you okay with this? I mean really okay with Isaac and I? If you're not..." the question had been lingering and Jenna needed to let it out. Jenna noticed that Brielle had disappeared, catching a glimpse of her in the kitchen. Staying close for moral support for both parties, but not invading their space.

"Don't." Nikki stopped her, holding a hand up. "Don't do that. If you're the one who is going to make him happy, then he deserves to be happy."

"Why are you so okay with this? If you want to yell, scream, rip my hair out then go for it." Jenna urged. She hated that Nikki never got angry with her, it was killing her knowing that when she saw Nikki, the other woman smiled and wished her well. "Aren't ex wives supposed to hate the new woman?" Jenna asked timidly.

"I've never been an ex wife, I'm not sure. I mean we could ask Kate, but I think she is a horrible representative." Nikki shrugged and laughed. Jenna smiled at Nikki's attempt to ease the situation. "If it makes you feel better, I do feel hurt. What woman wouldn't? Her husband decides to leave her for a younger, better looking woman. It doesn't help your confidence levels."

"I'm sorry, I don't want to hurt anybody." Jenna shook her head frantically. "I really didn't want him to divorce you, honestly. Then things kind of shifted and I won't lie, I like Isaac a lot and there is just something about him," she paused. "maybe it is the attention? Maybe it's something real, but I like it and I'm not sorry for that part."

Swallowing the lump in her throat, Jenna lifted her gaze from the floor to Nikki. "I know people talk, I don't know what you may have heard or will hear about me." she continued. "I didn't ask him for this, when he told me I was shocked. Never could I take somebody's husband with full knowledge and intent of doing so."

Staying silent, Nikki pursed her lips, she and Jenna had gone over this a million times when Isaac first announced he wanted the divorce. A clattering sound and Brielle cussing caused both women to turn their attention toward the kitchen, holding a tea spoon in her hand, Brielle blushed and poked her head around the corner.

"I'm sorry. I'm just tearing my house down. You two don't mind me." she apologized retreating back into the kitchen, out of ear shot.

"Isaac doesn't do anything without fully thinking it through. It doesn't always make sense to others, but he always knows what he wants and how to get it." Jenna added to her little speech. "I really am sorry for this happening the way it did, I don't want to replace you in any way, I'm not sure I ever could." she smiled gently. "If Isaac wants this, then I want to be there with him for the next however many days, weeks, months, or years he wants to keep me."

Acknowledging Jenna's words, Nikki offered a slight grimace as she spoke. "The truth is, I had lost Isaac before he even met you." she had never made this confession, saying it out loud confirmed her fear. "He just wasn't in it anymore, I guess it took you for him to realize that. I denied it, until reality hit me in the face."

It had been so easy to live in denial, knowing that she was living in denial had made it somehow easier for Nikki when Isaac asked for the divorce. Jenna sat straight in the chair across from the couch where Nikki sat, allowing Nikki's admissions to sink in. It was hard to believe that Isaac had so easily mentally checked out of his marriage, and managed to stay for as long as he had. Jenna was dubious if this would ever get serious, if it did then she'd take it as it came and if not then she'd deal with that when the time came as well. As silly as it seemed, she admired Nikki for being able to deal with this in the manner she had.

"Isaac didn't just wake up one day and decide he wanted you, over me. If I know him, he out a lot of thought in to how he'd go through with all of this." Nikki added with a slight sniff. "I can't say that I don't miss him." Jenna silently begged her not to cry. "Don't break his heart, he's too good for that." she finished before standing up.

Jenna opened her mouth to try and speak, when nothing came Nikki gave her a teary eyed smile and turned to leave the room. Sitting in the living room, Jenna listened as Brielle softly spoke to her friend, as their footsteps grew closer to the door, and she listened as the door eventually shut and Brielle's footsteps were the only ones left. Pinching the bridge of her nose, Jenna sniffed and wiped her hands over her eyes. The side of the chair shifted under Brielle's weight, as she perched on the arm, her hand on Jenna's shoulder.

Not saying anything, she leaned in hugging her younger cousin tightly. Thankful for the gesture, Jenna held onto Brielle's arms for a minute or two, before trying to regain her composure. The tears weren't for herself, but Nikki.

"I should get my things and go." Jenna croaked, blinking back some more tears.

"Okay." Brielle let go of Jenna. "Oh, by the way, I'm going to New York too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.9K 268 31
Abigail is a long time Hanson fan, with a fresh lease on life as she leaves her home town and re-locates to Tulsa on a whim. After a chance encounter...
950 20 19
There's a lot of Hanson fanfiction and a lot of it revolves around the same topic but I am someone who believes in writing stories beyond what others...
186K 3.1K 47
☁︎Just a series of Magcon Imagines and Preferences.☁︎
10.9K 87 31
Abused and alone, Amelia Lincoln runs away from her home looking for a way out. When she winds up in Tulsa, Oklahoma, she meets someone who would do...