Pokemon Champion: The Burden...

By GhostOfTheUchiha

This Story Is Told From The Perspective Of Kaiso, The Pokemon League Champion Of The Sinnoh Region. A Month A... More

The Champion
The League
The Champions Mind
The Champions Weakness
The Champions Lesson
The Champions Heart
The Champions Wrath
Champion Kaiso
The Aftermath
The Sprints
The Champions Past And Future
The Strength Beyond A Champion
The Champions Legacy Part 1
The Champions Legacy Part 2
The Champions Legacy Part 3
The Champions Legacy Part 4
The Champions Legacy Part 5/ The Turning Point
Motivation

The Champions Presence

601 8 3
By GhostOfTheUchiha

I Dream The Same Dream Almost Every Night. Two Faceless People Run Out Of A Door As I Lay On The Ground Being Dragged Away Deep Into A Corridor. I Don't Feel Fear Or Anxiety, Just Anger And Resentment As The Light From Outside World Grows Dimmer And Dimmer.

What Sounds Like A Door Being Banged In My Dream Turns Out To Be The Door To My Room Being Banged As I Wake Up. A Voice That Isn't Cynthias' Calls My Name, My Stomach Drops At This Realization For Some Reason.

"Champion Kaiso, It's Jennifer Walters From Jubilife TV. We Were Instructed By Cynthia To Come Get You For Our Trip To Hearthome City. Your Escort Is Outside Waiting For You."

She Knocks On The Door Again And My Infernape Opens The Door Telling Her To Back Away.

"Yes Ms. Walters, I'll Be Out Shortly." I Get Out Of Bed And I Put On My White Championship Cape With Gold Outlines, I Put On Some Jeans, Take A Quick Chug Of My Apple Juice And Return All Of My Pokemon To Their Poke'balls.

I Open The Door And A Flurry Of Camera Flashes And Microphones In My Face. That Combined With The Cold Air Hitting My Face Doesn't Make For A Good Morning.

"Kaiso I Will Be Shadowing You Everywhere You Go, What You Say, What You Do, Even What You Eat Will All Be Recorded By Me" Jennifer Says As She Pulls Out Her Notebook.

I Put On My Best Smile And I Wave To The Cameras And Reporters. What Appears To Be A Limousine Pulls Up In Front Of Me, The Door Opens Up And Cynthia Is Already In The Back Seat, She Motions For Me To Sit Next To Her. I Get In The Car And The Door Is Closed.

"So First I Would Like To Congratulate You On Actually Waking Up On Time. The Fact That I Didn't Need To Have The SWAT Team Come Get You Is A Good Sign" Cynthia Says.

"Yeah But Now I Have A Damn Poodle Following Me Around Analyzing My Every Action" Cynthia Snickers And I Turn Around And See Jennifer Biting Down On Her Pen.

"Oh By All Means Don't Mind Me, It's Not Like I'm So Thrilled To Be Around You All Day Either" Jennifer Says As She Fixes Her Red Hair. She Pours Herself A Drink Of What Looks Like Vodka And Downs It In One Go.

"Slow Down It's Not Going Anywhere. Matter Of Fact Just Keep The Whole Bottle, You Look Like Someone Who's Gonna Need It"I Say.

Cynthia Punches Me In My Arm And Jennifer Writes Something Down In Her Notebook.

"Look, The Only Reason I Agreed To Do This Is Because Cynthia Put Me In The Position I'm In Now. I'm Not Tied To You, Your Public Image Could Be Atrocious For All I Care. How You Battle Today Will Be The First Official Showing Of Your Skills. Honestly To Make My Job A Lot Easier Just Focus On Doing Your Job"

Cynthia Grabs The Bottle Of Vodka And Takes A Huge Swig Of It. She Hands Me The Bottle And I Chug Down A Lot Of It. The Rest Of The Car Ride We Sit In Silence. Only The Occasional Cough And Phone Notification Fill The Car With Any Noise.

I Drift Off To Sleep And I Have The Same Dream Again. Me Being Dragged Down A Long Corridor After Two People Leave Out Of The Front Door. This Time I Turn Around And I Manage To Make Out The Letter G On Their Shirt. Once Again I'm Woken Up By The Sound Of Banging On The Car Window.

"Kaiso Get Up, We've Arrived. Now Look When We Step Out There Are Gonna Be A Lot Of People Excited To See You. Sign Autographs, Shake Hands, All That Good Stuff Okay?" Jennifer Says To Me.

I Get Up And I Start To Feel The Effects Of The Vodka Start Taking Over My Body. "Okay I Understand. Autographs, Handshakes I Get It"

The Car Door Is Opened And The Crowd Erupts At The Sight Of Me. I Wave My Hand To The Crowd At No One In Particular. I Sign Autographs And Shake Peoples Hands. A Flurry Of Starly Fly Over My Head And I Walk Along A Red Carpet. A Group Of Security Guards Separates Me From The Crowd And They Lead Cynthia, Jennifer, And I To An Elevator That Takes Us To The Top Of  The Hearthome City Gym. There Are 2 Seats Waiting For Cynthia And I On A Balcony Above The Regular Stands, But Not Far Enough To Where We Can't See The Battle Field.

The Hearthome City Gym Leader Fantina Walks Onto The Battlefield As The Trainers Participating Walk Out Of The Tunnel As Well.

"Welcome One And Welcome All To The Hearthome City Tournament, It Is My Great Pleasure To Be Hosting This Years Season Ending Tournament. All 16 Trainers Gathered Before You Have Gone Through The Sinnoh League And Defeated All 8 Gym Leaders, And Now Under The Eyes Of Our Current Champion Kaiso, You Trainers Will Showcase Your Strength And The Strongest Of You All Will Have The Opportunity To Challenge Our Current Champion To A 3 on 3 Battle"

The Crowd Erupts In Cheers And Applause And I Stand And Wave My Hand To The Crowd. I Can Feel A Pair Of Eyes Gazing At Me. I Know That It's Coming From The Crowd Of Trainers On The Battlefield. I Sit Back Down And Cynthia Leans Over To Me.

"You Won't Have To Get Up Anymore Until The Winner Is Decided. That's Good For You And Everyone Around You." Cynthia Says As She Laughs.

I Mock Her Laugh And Jennifer Pokes Me With Her Pen. I Shoot Daggers At Her With My Eyes But She Seems Unfazed.

"What Do You Want Jennifer?" I Ask.

"Do You Have Anything You Want To Say To The Trainers?" Jennifer Says Leaning Her Head Towards The Field. I Turn Around Confused And I See Myself On The Camera. I Quickly Get Up And Clear My Throat.

"Do Your Best Out There, The World Is Watching" I Say As I Sit Down. The Crowd Applauses And The Battles Commence.

As The Early Battles Get Out Of The Way, You Can Easily Tell The Strong From The Weak. One Girl With A Tyranitor With Mind Numbing Speed Quickly Blitzes Through The First Round With Seemingly No Effort At All. Another Trainer With A Bronzong Seemingly Predicts His Opponents Every Move And Wins His First Match Without A Problem. Another Trainer Who Seems To Specialize In Dark Types Frustrates Her Opponents With Status Conditions Such As Sleep, Paralysis And Poison.

"You're Taking Notes?" Cynthia Asks. "This Group Of Trainers Looks A Lot Better Then The One You Were A Part Of"

"What Are You Implying Cynthia?" My Poke'balls Start Shaking With Excitement. Especially Regigigas. I Have To Place My Hand On The Master Ball I Caught Him In To Stop The Shaking.

"Nothing, Just Checking To See Where Your Mind Is At, Champion" Cynthia Says As She Pets Her Garchomp. Jennifer Pats My Shoulder. I Turn Around And She Hands Me A Piece Of Paper. It Reads; "You Will Be Meeting The Two Finalists Of The Tournament"

I Ball Up The Paper And Throw It On The Ground. "Really? You Could've Told Me That Yourself You Know?" She Puts Up A Finger Signifying Me To Stop Talking.

"Talking To You Brings Me More Pain Than Anything" Jennifer Says. Cynthia Starts Laughing.

"Looks Like She Has You Figured Out Kaiso."

As I'm About To Respond A Huge Explsion Shakes The Entire Arena. When The Smoke Clears A Steelix Is Lying On The Ground Knocked Out Cold. A Magmortar Stands On Top Of It Pumping It's Hands Up. The Trainer Looks Up At Me And The Same Glare I Felt Before I Feel Again. This Trainer With A Scarf Covering His Mouth Calls Back His Magmortar And Points Up At Me. The Crowd Goes Silent And The Camera Finds It's Way To My Yawning Face. The Crowd Erupts In Laughter As The Trainer Walks Into The Tunnel.

"His Name Is Zukon, He Reminds Me A Lot Of You. He Seems To Have The Same Intensity You Had When You Were Younger" Cynthia Says.

"Oh Is That So? Maybe If He Makes His Way Through The Elite Four He'll Take Your Spot As My Number 2" I Say. Cynthia Blows Cigarette Smoke In My Face And I Knock The Cigarette Out Of Her Hand And Step On It.

"This Is The Final Match Of The Semifinals, We Should Make Our Way To The Arena Tunnel, You Have To Meet The Two Finalists And Get Ready To Battle The Winner" Jennifer Says. I Get Up And Get On The Elevator To The Arena Level. The Trainer Named Zukon And A Pink Haired Girl Walk Over To Me. The Pink Haired Girl Runs Up To Me And Gives Me A Hug. She Smells Like Burned Hair And Sweat But You Can See The Energy Radiating From Her Blue Eyes.

"Hello, My Name Is Stephanie, But You Can Call Me Steph, Or Nie, Or Anything In Between. It's Such An Honor To Meet You" She Says Bouncing Up And Down. Her Umbreon Pops Out Of It's Poke'ball And Bows Its Head To Me.

"Okay, First, Turn The Energy Way Down." I Say. Stephanie Quickly Bows Her Head And Stops Bouncing Around.

"Oooooh You're Strict I Like That" Stephanie Says Running Her Nails On My Arm. My Eye Twitches And I Turn To Zukon.

"What Are You Expecting Me To Do? I'm Not A Fan Girl Like Her, I Have No Intention Of Being Your Friend. I Just Want To Take Your Crown As Champion, And This Is The First Step In Doing So." Zukon Walk Out Onto The Battlefield And Waits For The Batttle To Start.

"Don't Worry Kaiso, I'll Beat Him So You Can Have Me All To Yourself" Stephanie Says As She Skips To The Battlefield.

"They're Both Characters Aren't They?" Jennifer Asks. I Take Off My Cape And I Hand It To Her.

"Yeah, I Don't Like Any Of Them"

I Head To A Locker Room Under The Battlefield And I Let Out All Of My Pokemon Except For Regigigas For Obvious Reasons.

"Okay Guys Ima Need Three Of You. I Know It's Been A While, And You Guys Have Been Incredibly Lazy Sleeping All Day. So, Dragonite, Electivire And Lucario. You're Battling Today." All 3 Of Them Give Me A Hug And I Fall To The Floor.

Infernape, Feraligatr, And Regigigas. You're Gonna Hang Back And Chill A Little Bit. I Return Them Both And Regigigas Moves In His Pokeball Seemingly Upset.

"Yes I Know You Want To Battle Regi, Just Hold Tight For Me. A Series Of Explosions Causes The Locker Room To Shake And A Loud Cheer Breaks Out Amongst The Crowd.
Jennifer Knocks On The Door And Walks In.

"Well It Looks Like Stephanie Won, It Was A Good Battle. You May Have A Difficult Time With Her" Jennifer Says. I Hand Her Infernape, Feraligatr, And Regigigas.

"Look, You Just Worry About Writing, I'll Worry About Battling." I Stretch My Arms And Legs And I Return Dragonite, Electivire, And Lucario to Their Pokeballs. I Walk Out Into The Tunnel And Cynthia Is Waving At Me.

"Smile On, Chest Out, This Is Your First Battle, You Ready?"

"Do You Even Need To Ask? Sit Back And Enjoy The Show" I Walk Out After Hearing My Name Called To An Almost Deafening Roar Of Cheers And My Name Being Chanted. Fantina Points At Stephanie And I Asking Us Are We Ready. We Both Nod Our Heads.

"This Will Be A 3 on 3 Championship Style Battle Between Stephanie The Challenger And Kaiso The Champion. This Battle Will Be Decided Once Either Sides Pokemon Is Unable To Battle, Both Trainers May Substitute Pokemon At Will, Now Begin!!"

I Take A Pokeball Without Looking And I Automatically Know Who It Is.

"Dragonite, Get Ready For Battle!" Dragonite Lands On The Battlefield Shaking The Floor, She Flaps Her Wings And The Entire Crowd Is Blown Back.

"Metagross It's Your Time To Shine!" A Giant Metagross Lets Out A Huge Roar And The Battle Begins.

"Metagross Meteor Mash Let's Go!" Metagross Fists Start Glowing With Light And It Charges At Dragonite With Blazing Speed.

"Dragonite, Meet It Head On With A Dragon Rush!"

Dragonite Covers Herself In A Red Aura And She Charges Head On With Metagross, They Meet In The Middle Of The Battlefield And The Explosion Causes The Entire Arena To Shake. Metagross Gets Blown Back And Rolls Through The Dirt, It Has Scratches All Over It's Body And It's Struggling To Get Up.

"Don't Let Up! Dragonite Hit It With A Flamethrower!!"

Dragonite Flies Into The Air, The Wind From Her Wings Causes The Entire Battlefield To Kick Up Dust, She Deeply Inhales And Fires Out A Flame That Turns The Entire Arena Red, The Temperature Causes Sweat To Roll Down My Face.

"Metagross, Light Screen Now!!"

Metagross Manifests A Green Shield Right Before The Flames Hit But It's Still Pushed Back Almost Falling Out Of The Arena. Even After The Light Screen Metagross Is Charred And It's Metal Skin Is Blazing Red Hot.

"Dragonite Let's Finish This Off, Dragon Rush Again!!"

Dragonite Charges Up Her Red Aura And She Rockets Towards Metagross At A Blazing Speed. The Impact Causes The Battlefield To Crack And Metagross Is Sent Flying Back Into The Tunnel.

The Referee Signals Metagross Is Out. The Crowd Let's Out A Wild Cheer And Stephanie Looks Absolutely Stunned. She Calls Back Her Metagross And I Call Back My Dragonite.

"Wow You're Stronger Than I Thought. I Wasn't Expecting All This Power Kaiso. You Got Me Really Excited Now!! Okay, Torterra Let's Go!!" Torterra Lands On The Ground And Stomps On The Battlefield Almost Taunting Me.

"Dragonite Return, Electivire Time For Battle!!" Electivire Lets Out A Yell That Causes All Of The Electricity In The Arena To Act Up A Little Bit.

"Ha! An Electric Type? This'll Be A Breeze! Torterra Mud Bomb!"

Torterra Shoots A Sphere Of Mud At Electivire And He Dodges It Immediately.

"Electivire! Brick Break!!"

Electivire Charges At Torterra At Full Speed And Jumps In The Air Charging His Attack.

"Torterra! Frenzy Plant! Catch Electivire In The Air!!"

Torterras' Vines Catch Electivire Mid-Air And Electivire Starts Struggling In The Air. Torterra Slams Him Into The Ground And The Entire Ground Shakes. The Debris Hits Me In My Face.

"Now Torterra Earthquake!!!!" Stephanie Yells.

Torterra Jumps Into The Air And Rockets Towards The Ground.

"Electivire, Ice Punch Right In The Gut Now!!!"

Electivires Fist Freezes Almost Instantly And He Catches Torterra Right In It's Stomach. Electivire Hits Torterra Over And Over Again With Both Hands Covered In Ice.

Now Finish It Off With Fire Punch Electivire!!!"

Electivire Jumps In The Air And With Both Fists Covered In Flames He Punches Torterra Right In It's Head Causing It To Fall Into The Already Cracked Stadium Floor. Burned Leaves From The Torterras Back Floats Around The Arena And The Crowd Erupts In Cheers Again.
Stephanie Calls Back Her Torterra And Starts Laughing.

"Wow! I've Never Had This Much Fun Before In My Life! I Knew You Were As Strong As The Rumors Said You Were! Now, Umbreon Let's Put On A Show!"

I Call Back Electivire. And The Crowd Gets Louder.

"Okay Lucario, Let's Finish This Off Perfectly!"

Lucario Lands On The Arena Floor And Squares Up Like A Boxer.

"Okay Umbreon, Quick Attack Let's Go!"

Umbreon Moves At Almost Sonic Speed And She Hits Lucario In His Chest And He Gets Pushed Back. Lucario Starts Smiling.

"Okay Umbreon, Keep Up The Attack, Dark Pulse!"

Umbreon Charges Up A Dark Beam And Fires It So Fast That The Shock Wave Causes Stephanies Hair To Get Blown Back. Lucario Can't React Fast Enough And The Dark Pulse Attack Catches Him In His Face. The Explosion Makes Me Cover Up My Face. I Start Laughing As Goosebumps Start Covering My Body.

"Stephanie I'm Loving This Tenacity! I'll Show You The Full Power Of The Champion Of The Sinnoh Region!!, Lucario Extreme Speed!"

Lucario Disappears And Instantaneously Appears In Front Of Umbreon And Punches It Square In Her Face, Umbreon Goes Flying Back But Lucario Keeps Up With Her.

"Lucario Catch Umbreon And Then Hit Her With An Aura Sphere Point Blank Range!!"

Lucario Catches Umbreon By Her Ears And Slams Her Into The Arena Floor Causing The Arena To Shake. He Charges Up An Aura Sphere And It Lands Directly Into Umbreons Body Causing Her To Bounce Off The Ground Into Mid Air.

"Oh No We're Not Done Yet! Umbreon! Thunder Wave!! Slow Lucario Down!"

Umbreons Eyes Turn Yellow And As She Is About To Shoot Off Her Attack Lucario Appears Right In Front Of Her.

"Lucario, Close Combat!! Hold Nothing Back!"

Lucario Hits Umbreon With A Series Of Lightning Fast Attacks. So Fast That You Can Only See Umbreons Body React To The Punches And Kicks Lucario Is Landing. Lucario Finishes Off The Attack With A Brutal Kick To Umbreons Head And She Lands On The Ground Rolled Over And Completely Knocked Out Cold.

"The Battle Is Over, Champion Kaiso Is The Winner" The Referee Announces. Jennifer Walks Up Next To Me And Hands Me My White And Gold Cape.

"That Was A Great Battle, I Guess You Have The Skills To Back Up That Disgusting Personality You Have" Jennifer Says.

I Turn To Jennifer And Start Laughing. "I Don't Need You To Accept Me Or My Skills Okay? I Just Made Both Of Our Jobs Easier, So Write Down In Your Notes What You Need To Write And Let's Go Back To The League. I'm Tired. Go Grab Cynthia. I'll Be In The Limousine"

As I Walk Out Of The Tunnel I Hear My Name Called. I Turn Around And Stephanie And Zukon Walk Up To Me.

" I Would Like To Thank You For Battling Me Today, I Saw Where I Needed To Improve" Stephanie Takes A Bow And Walks Away.
"So Anything You Want To Say?" I Ask Zukon.
He Says Nothing And Walks Off.

As I Walk Back Out To My Limo I'm Bombarded With Cameras And Reporters, I Push Them Out Of The Way And I Get In The Car. We Drive Off And I Take My Cape Off Once Hearthome City Is Out Of Sight.

"You Did Good Today Kaiso, You Reminded Me That There Is Something Good Under That Tough Guy Act You Put Up, I Gave Those Two Kids Your Number. They'll Probably Be In Contact With You Soon" Cynthia Says. "You Inspired Those Trainers Kaiso. Even Though You Didn't See It. That's What A Champion Does. And I Saw Flashes Of What You Could Be For This Region Today"

I Grab A Bottle Of Apple Juice And Chug The Entire Thing Down. I Let Out A Burp Right In Cynthias Face, She Starts Laughing And Falls Asleep On My Shoulder.

I Sit Back And Her Words Resonates With Me. Someone Like Her Thinks That Highly Of Me? Hopefully Her Words Overshadows Whatever Nightmares I Have As I Drift Off To Sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 465 58
This story is the same as the original anime. My character will be on his own journey as a Trainer and will try to win the Pokémon League. (Please k...
11.8K 235 36
Seven years after Ashs defeat in Sinnoh, the Champion Cynthia is ruthlessly crushed in a battle for the title of Pokémon Master. The new Champion ref...
70 3 2
In an alternative timeline, Ash beats Tobias and became champion of the Sinnoh League, but this brought him another problem: What to do now? Postponi...
81.5K 1.3K 24
Serena is the princess of the Kalos Kingdom. Her mother the queen is making her become Queen and wanting her to find her prince. Her mother goes and...