Always Him

By hanlovestowrite26

Murad and Hanna have always been best friends since their childhood. Murad was always the number one to Hanna... More

1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28

4

1.9K 185 29
By hanlovestowrite26

"Murad!" I ripped my arm away from his grip. "Why did you do that!"

"He was creepy Hanna." He snarled. "Did you seriously like that werido looking at you the whole time?" 

I rolled my eyes. "Murad, I'm sure he wasn't going to snatch me from my seat." 

"Whatever, I'm going home." He started to walk away.

I didn't follow him. I was too angry with him and just thought to take the bus home instead. 

Murad must have thought I was following him because he stopped and looked back at me. "Well?" 

"What?" I groaned and sulked my shoulders. 

He shook his head and walked all the way back. He grabbed my hand and pulled me toward him. "I'll take you home." 

I stood in my place and shook my head. "No."

"Hanna." I could tell his impatient personality was taking charge. 

I looked up at him. "Murad."

He walked closer to me. "I will haul you up and carry you home." He gritted. "Do you want me to do that?"

"You wouldn't dare." I glared at him but before I knew it, he had me in his arms and started striding to his house, which was a couple minutes from here. 

I wrapped my arms around his neck for the fear of falling. "Murad put me down!" I shook my body hoping he'd let go but his grip was firm. "Murad!" 

Being this close to him made me a little nervous which was a little alarming. His subtle cologne was invading my nostrils and it caused my heart to beat quicker so I stopped breathing immediately. 

"You look like you're going to faint." Murad chuckled. "Here I'll put you down." 

As soon as my feet landed on the floor, I glared at him before striding away from him. "You're so annoying!" 

****

MURAD:

As soon as I walked into the house I noticed my mom sitting down in my dad's office. She had so much paperwork laid over the glass table. 

I peered over and she took off her glasses and smiled. "Yes?" 

I shook my head. "Nothing." I began walking up stairs. "I'm going to my room let me know if you need me." I said over my shoulder. 

"Actually," My mom began. "there is."

I turned around. "What do you mean?" 

My mom put her paperwork down. "I saw you two today."

I frowned. "Me and Hanna?" She probably saw when I carried Hanna. 

"Yes." Her smile disappeared. "Do you have any feelings for her?" Her tone slightly turned sharper.

I felt personally attacked. "God no." I quickly said. 

My mom frowned. "Are you sure?"

I sighed. "Yes why?"

"Because," My mom focused on me again. "She might get married one day-"

Suddenly I felt a fire starting in my chest. "She won't get married." I accidentally bit back. I didn't know why I was so defensive. 

My mom abruptly stood up. "You two don't belong together Murad! Many parents are asking about you for their daughters."

My eyes widened. Was she serious? "Are you saying that my marriage is going to be business related?"

My mom suddenly looked away and I felt betrayed. "Your dad won't accept anything less and, " She trailed off which left me curious.

"What?" I felt helpless and all around angry. Just pure anger.

"Well her dad is coming and i heard he found a lot of suiters." My mom said with eyebrows raised.  She knows Hanna's father personally. He has worked for her before and now works alongside her but in a different company. They both have work based in New York hence why Hanna's dad has been absent for most of her life. 

I clenched my jaw as my heart felt slightly heavy. However I calmed myself down and decided to put on a mask. "Whatever. Me and Hanna aren't like that."

My mom suddenly seemed relaxed not knowing this information was eating me inside out.  She began saying something else but I didn't care to stay and hear it.

*****

HANNA

"So he's asked me out but I have no idea what to say." Mona said as I listened through the phone on Sunday morning. 

"You could say yes." I suggested as I walked over to sit on my bed. "You know Uriel really likes you."

I heard Mona sigh. "Yeah but then I see other girls flirt with him and then I back away." 

I bit my lip. "Well Mona you have to consider that he's one of the school's popular guys so it's evident." 

Mona groaned. "I hate when you're so logical." 

I laughed. "I mean if I wasn't who would?"

"You're right." Mona admitted. "Okay I'll text him back. Thanks Hanna!" 

"You're welcome." As soon as I hung up Murad burst through the door. 

"Finally! Can you please come join us?" He said as Karan stood behind him. 

"Were you guys listening in?" I was baffled. 

"Yes, we've been waiting a long time. Your mom said we can't breakfast unless everyone is on the table." Murad answered and I sighed. 

"Coming." I got up and followed them downstairs. I smelled my mom's arabic breakfast and realized why Murad was impatient. On Sunday's my mom cooked breakfast with her best effort. It's something she just does as a habit and Murad took notice. That's why you'll usually find him up and early at my house on Sunday's even though he has a chief at home. 

When we got to the table, I greeted my mom and then we all sat down. I sat next to Murad and across my mom. Since my dad was busy in business travels, Karan sat next to my mom. 

"So," my mom began and I looked up. "Your father is coming home for a couple of weeks." She smiled. 

I clapped my hands together. "Thats great! I miss him."

"Yeah I do too." Karan added. 

Murad looked glum so I elbowed his side. "What's wrong?" I whispered and he responded by quickly shaking his head. 

"Nothing." He responded as he took a sip of his water. 

After a little while we cleaned and Murad left. He had said he was going to meet up with some of his freinds. 

*****

Since today was Monday, school began again. I ran out to meet Murad who was waiting for me in his car. 

"Hey loser." I smiled as I  got into his dark sports car. 

He looked at me, slowly as if he hasn't seen me in forever. His eyes lingering on my lips and then my eyes. "We're late." He responded as he looked away to focus on the road. 

My smile slightly faltered. I noticed a change in his energy. I mean usually Murad was brooding with a cutthroat attitude but today he was doing it towards me which I didn't enjoy. 

"How's Doozy." I asked as we neared the school. 

Murad kept his eyes on the road. "He's chillin'."

My lips immediately formed a thin line and a frown settled on my face. I sighed and then Murad turned to look at me. When he noticed my reaction he let out a soft laugh. "We're here, your majesty." He mocked. 

He parked and we both got out of the car. I quickly noticed how many girls stopped to whisper. I didn't know why this was new to them. Everybody know's that me and Murad were best freinds and usually hung out. 

"What's wrong?" Murad asked as he came up beside me, holding my bag out. 

"Nothing." I replied despite the uncomfortable feeling I felt from the stares. I reached out for the bag but Murad shook his head. 

"I'll carry it. Let's hurry to class."

Before I could say anything he began striding towards our morning class with my bright pink backpack slung over his shoulder. 

******

"HANNA!" My P.E teacher barked. "Those aren't sit ups!"

I felt like fainting. Did I look like John Cena to him! "But-"

"No buts!" He screamed and then went over to yell at the other girls. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed Murad laughing at me and I stuck out my tongue. 

He wasn't getting screamed at, he was actually the P.E teachers favorite student. 

As soon as we were done Murad and Uriel walked over to me and Mona. They were usually partners when the teacher split us boys to girls. I stuck with Mona when he did. She was the only female I actually talked to. 

Uriel began speaking with Mona as Murad watched me. "You look like a mess." He commented and I glared at him. 

My hair stuck to the sweat on my face and my makeup smeared. "Yeah well," I began but Murad quickly reached over and pulled the elastic band out of my messy hair. He ran his hands through my hair, fixing and then tied it back up. He stepped back and joined the PE teacher after the teacher called his name. 

It was quite normal for me when Murad did these things but Mona's eyes were wider than a saucepan. "He's so romantic." She melted. 

I rolled my eyes. "Romantic my ass." I scoffed. 

*****

MURAD:

I plopped on the bed. I didn't bother turning on the light nor the window blinds. 

I haven't been thinking straight ever since i had the bitter talk with my mom. Seeing Hanna knowing her dad was planning her future made me queazy. I hated the thought of it. 

I'm sure Hanna has no idea about her father but it makes sense why he never liked me. He always made Hanna do something else like chores around the house or go get the mail or even as soon as i arrive he would take Hanna somewhere. It happened whenever I was around. I never understood why he did that.

I let out a sigh. I was such a fool. 

*******

Hey guys!

Please vote and comment your thoughts! It really means a lot. 

Thank you so much!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 2K 29
Liv Hengen was known as the popular kid with the phrase, "Keep your friends close but, your enemies closer." She had literally adopted that phrase wh...
630 1 31
{ COMPLETED } My name is Isabella Smith. I am 16 years old and a junior in High school. I am not popular nor am I a nerd. I'm just normal. I have two...
306K 8.8K 40
What happens when a desolate heiress meets a cheerful and handsome working student? Will they conquer the odds of being together or will they let the...
1.7M 59.4K 40
He needs a scholarship. She's... well, she's just being nice. To him, she's just another nerd. To her, he's just a washed up jock. But when he finds...