Difference

Por garicksons

A story of teenager Adonis, living with post traumatic stress disorder, as well as a world of other issues in... Mais

Disclaimer
2. Teen Connection Club
3. Skylar & Braheim
4. Guitar Playing
5. American Oven
6. The R Word
7. Facetime
8. Christmas Eve
9. Merry Chrithmath
10. Bad, but Fun.
11. CN Tower
12. Dread Head
13. Email
14. Bitch
15. Creative Writing
16. Keith
17. Party
18. Pineapples
19. Pills
20. Six Years Ago
21. I like you
22. Abstinence
23. Breathe
24. Micheal
PSA: dont do this
25. Ice Cubes *TW*
26. Cookies
27. Frozen
backstory
28. Her
29. Ali-bi
30. Freaky
31. Sneak
32. Bruise
33. Loud
34. Swishers
35. Argument.
36. Back Home
37. Comfortable
38. Sidechick
39. Fight
40. Grow
41. Dinnertime
42. Advice
43. Drinks
44. Emotions
45. Sick
46. Abrasive
47. Meeting.
48. Family
49. ♡ Valentine ♡
50. ♡ Valentine pt 2 ♡
51. NYC (Final)
Epilogue: 5 years later
New Books
Q&A
Happy Fall ;)

1. I like your shoes

65K 2.7K 5K
Por garicksons

Adonis »

I sat in the back of the class, listening to the couple in front of me flirt with each other. I don't understand Forest and Ayanna, they used to pretend to be mean to each other, now they're all in each others face. Why would you want do date someone who called you "big head" almost everyday? He'd even argued with his best friend Trey over who could date her.

I don't know, but now they're obsessed with each other. To me it didn't make sense.

A lot of shit don't make sense.

"Psst Adonis!" The girl behind me, Farrah whispered. Her friends laughed, which I think means she was going to make fun of me.

I ignored her and pulled my hood down. I placed my hands in the front pocket and felt around, both of the pills I'd promised my mother I took were still sitting in there. It was rare I'd skip out on taking them..but I was in a big rush to leave the house this morning and I guess I just forgot.

"Adonis!" Farrah whispered again. Her friends began chuckling, but this time she shushed them.

I reluctantly turned around to face her.

"I like your shoes." She said smiling.

I couldn't see through it, did she really like my shoes? Or was she being sarcastic like people tend to do? Ive learned the hard way that you have to be able to tell the difference. When I was in middle school a kid told me that he "liked my haircut" but when I said thank you everyone laughed.

I looked down at my dirty white adidas, then back at her.

I didn't know what to say, so I turned back around and pushed my hood even further down on my head.

"Damn you coulda said thank you." One of her friends said.

She meant it. Now I look like a jerk.

Farrah»

Class was as boring as ever. It was the last week before winter break and I'm so ready to leave. Melanie and Skylar were keeping me entertained, but even their antics couldn't save me from this never ending class.

I couldn't help but notice Adonis, in front of me, watching the power couple Forest and Ayanna talk to each other. He was extremely quiet, and honestly a little on the weird side but I didn't mind talking to him. That is, when he'd respond. Mel and Sky insist that he's "a lil off".

I noticed he was wearing a pair of white adidas, similar to ones that my brother had..cute.

"Psst Adonis!" I whisper yelled to him. Melanie and Skylar began laughing, assuming I was about to play some type of joke.

Adonis ignored me and shifted in his seat.

No worries, I'll just try again.

"Adonis!" I said a little louder this time. Melanie and Skylar began snickering once again.

"Y'all hush, damn." I told them.

Adonis turned around slowly. Usually he had on some type of hat hiding his face, but some days he'd go without it. I enjoyed those days. Not even gonna lie, he's not a bad looking guy, then again maybe I'm saying that because of how much he resembles his brother...Eden.

"I like your shoes." I told him. He looked down at his shoes, then at me.

So cute.

He shyly turned back around and pulled down his hood on the black hoodie he was wearing. Adonis is so different from Eden. Adonis was quiet and shy, Eden wasn't. Adonis had one friend he hung out with, Eden probably had ten times the friends I did. I didn't think two brothers so close in age could be so different, with Adonis and I being juniors, and Eden being a senior.

"Damn you coulda said thank you." Melanie blurted out, making Skylar laugh.

I playfully punched her arm, but before she could retaliate the bell rung. Adonis darted out of class as always, and I rushed out as well. I had to work after school and I can't be late again.

"Girl why you speed walking like that? Acting like you got somewhere to be." Skylar said, struggling to keep up with me.

"I have work Sky."

"I don't understand why you work. Your family got they little restaurant popping, whatchu need extra cash for?" Melanie added, as we all left the building and headed to the parking lot where my car was.

"I'm not gonna rely on my family all my life." I told her.

"Girl if I was you, I would. I told you my lil boo took me down to they restaurant and the food wasn't near cheap. I know y'all living good."

I chuckled at her statement and rolled my eyes.

"Whatever Mel."

Adonis»

School finally ended. I made my way through the sea of kids to get to where I hey picked up as soon as possible. I don't know why, but I found myself in a bad mood because of what happened earlier. I got into my mom's car and put my head down. Eden would ride home with friends..so it was just me and her.

"Hey bud." She greeted me.

"Hey." I quietly responded.

"I forgot to tell you, I'm heading to a banquet tonight, would you like to come with me?"

I shook my head no.

"You alright Don?" She asked, rubbing my back as we pulled out of the car lane in front of the school.

I ignored her and fiddled with this pills in my front pocket. I rarely converse with my mother, or anyone for that matter. But she understood me, without me having to say anything.

"Rough day, huh?" She asked me.

"I was rude to a girl." I confessed to her quietly.

"Not on purpose right? What happened?"

I no longer wanted to continue discussing the matter, so I didn't respond. My mother sighed, and continued driving.

"What's in your pocket?" She questioned, probably noticing my hands messing around in my sweatshirt.

I got nervous and sat up, not replying to her.

"Don. What's in your pocket?"

She reached for my pocket and I pushed her hand away.

"No." I slightly raised my voice at her.

I didn't like being touched, she knew that.

My heart began beating fast. I didn't think about what would happen if she'd found out i hadn't take my medication today, and it began troubling me. I hadn't got many symptoms in a while, I hope skipping one day wouldn't effect me.

"I'm- I'm sorry." My mother apologized.

We didn't speak for the rest of the car ride, or the rest of the day.

Farrah »

After dropping off Melanie, dropping off Skylar, and getting dressed in my uniform, I was running 5 minutes late for work.

I'd landed a job at a Sephora not too far from my place. I worked part time as a makeup artist and a cashier, which actually paid pretty well.

I made it to the Sephora location 9 minutes after I was supposed to. Of course I would be counted late for the second time, so I tried to sneak past my manager..but she just so happened to be right by the door.

"Farrah sweetie, you know we love having you here. But this was the second time you were late, one more strike and-"

"I'm out. I know." I said walking past her and to my station.

"Welcome back." Hannah, another makeup artist greeted me.

"Glad to be here..most of the time. Slow day?" I asked her, due to the lack of customers.

"Yeah I guess so. I've only had one client today."

"Good, I guess it'll be an easy breezy shift for me."

As soon as I said that a woman came in.

Jinx.

"Good evening you two, I was hoping to get my makeup done. I have a banquet tonight." The older brown skinned woman said, sitting in my chair.

"That's awesome, any specific look you're going for?" I asked her, searching for a foundation in her skin town. I went with Mac NW45. Thank god it wasn't Hannah doing her makeup, I love her and all..but she'd have the woman looking ashy.

"Well..I'm thinking sexy, but sophisticated."

"I got you."

Adonis »

My mom left to go get her makeup done for the banquet, so as of now it was just me and my little sister. Who knows where Eden is..not like I care.

I was lying down in bed, reading some book my grandma bought me. It's supposedly about an "adventurer" but I can tell there was an underlying religious message.

All of a sudden my sister bursted in my room.

"Adonith!" Noel, yelled to me, with her little lisp.

I looked up at her and there was chocolate all over her face.

"I made a meth in the kitchen."

I chuckled at her mispronunciation of mess. That could cause some confusion with her teachers, I thought.

I didn't say anything, and followed her downstairs. When I entered the kitchen there was chocolate chips sprawled across the floor.

"What happened?" I asked her.

"Um..mama put the chocolate chips on top of the counter and I couldn't reach it. I reached on my tippy toeth and pulled it down, but they spilled."

I sighed and looked at the mess. Me and Noel aren't exactly close, but she'd sometimes come to my room and sit with me. She knew that I didn't like talking very much, so we'd just sit there. It's like she understood things better than I did.

"Will you help me clean it up?" She asked me.

I nodded, grabbed the broom and began sweeping.

a/n:
hope you enjoyed

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

3.1K 55 56
A young girl rises to stardom and finds true love amidst battling mental issues caused by a traumatic past. **DISCLAIMER** This is in no way reflecti...
659 23 18
"𝐢 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰, " 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚 𝐠𝐮𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟...
20.7K 398 34
Being new is hard anyways, but being new and already having people hate you is harder. Adeline moves from North Carolina to California and immediatel...
602 62 55
Got bored and wanted to write a story. 💕 Nerdy, quiet, and shy Niecey is dreading going to school today. She doesn't know that she will meet a perso...