The Cliche Gone Wrong

Da youdontevennomi

THIS STORY IS NOT YET FINISHED! ****** This is almost a typical love story. Girl meets boy. They fall in lo... Altro

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Character Introduction
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Character Introduction
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-one
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-three
Chapter Forty-four
Chapter Forty-five
Chapter Forty-six
Chapter Forty-seven
Chapter Forty-eight
Chapter Forty-nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-one
Chapter Fifty-two
Chapter Fifty-three
Chapter Fifty-four
Chapter Fifty-five
Chapter Fifty-six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty-two
Chapter Sixty-Three

Chapter Thirty-three

1.8K 104 12
Da youdontevennomi

"Order up!" Rob yell's through the small window, despite the fact that I leaning against the counter right behind him.

"Rob, I'm right here," I tell him, reaching behind me to grab one of the large trays off of the counter.

"Of course you are," He huffs as walks over to the oversized refrigerator to refill some of the contained on the prep line that are running.

I load up the tray with food and slowly walk out through the swinging doors to my waiting table. I chat idly with them as I place down all of the plates in front of the correct people. I leave them with a smile as I go to check in with my only other table, before going behind the front counter to chill with Allison as we wait for someone to need us.

"Slow day huh?" She says, rewiping the main counter she has already run a rag over nine times.

"Tell me about it." I groan, leaning against the back wall by cut out window. "How am I supposed to make any tips when no one comes in to eat?"

"That's what I'm saying," Allison huffs as she throws the rag on the clean counter. "How am I supposed to buy these textbooks for my classes when I can barely afford to put gas in my car to get to my damn classes?"

My heart pangs at her whines, knowing that I'm going to be facing the same struggle in college next year. "How are your classes going?"

"They're hard, girl." She pushes a lock of her dyed blonde hair behind her ear as she shakes her round. "And I'm still only taking my general education classes. Once my core classes come into play my GPA is going to be fu—"

"Is one of you 'Killer Hayes'?" A kid interrupts.

We both look up, startled from our conversation to see that someone else came into the restaurant while we were talking. A boy stands on the other side of the counter. He looks younger than me, but maybe a couple years older than my little brother. I wonder if he goes to Alpine High School with me. Maybe he's a freshman like Jazzy.

"I'm sorry what'd you say?" Allison says, genuine confusion in her voice as she looks at him and then me.

"Is one of you Killer Hay—" He repeats, shifting back and forth as he holds something awkwardly behind his back.

"Don't call me that," I interrupt with a hiss. "Did someone send you here? Is that why you're calling me that?"

His eyes open wide as he stares at me in surprise, struggling to hold the thing behind his back.. "No. Uh, um, I—uh—was told to give this to you."

He steps backward before he pulls an actual puppy out  from behind his back. Like, a whole dog has been hiding behind his back for the last three minutes. I gasp in shock as I reach over the counter and scoop the puppy from his hands. She barks excitedly, her little tongue poking out as she laps at my hand that is wrapped gently around her little midsection.

Oh my God she's too cute! Her black, white and grey fur is softer than it looks, but it's her blue eyes that make me hold her close to me, kissing the top of her head gently as she barks again. Those eyes almost remind me of—

"What the hell is going on?" Allison asks, but I can't even give her a seconds' thought as I fawn over the most adorable creation I have ever seen in my entire goddamn life.

"Oh my gosh!" I squeal, holding the puppy above my head. "She's so cute what's her name where did you get her how old is s—"

"I don't know lady I'm just here to deliver the dog." He shrugs, still shifting from foot to foot. "But there is this letter I was supposed to give you along with the dog."

"Wait, no I can't accept this puppy." I make no move to give the puppy back though. "I'm kind of at work right now and I don't think we can even have pets in the restaurant. Plus I can't have a dog at home! There is no way my parents will let me get a pet. Even if you are the cutest widdle ting I've eva seeeeen! Yes you are! Who's a good girl? You are, huh baby?"

I bring her back to my chest as I kiss her forehead again, smiling as she barks happily in my arms. But as I look back up the boy is gone, only an envelope left on the counter to show he was here. I shift the dog to one side as I grab the envelope and tear it open, pulling out a handwritten letter from inside.

"What's it say?" Allison asks, leaning over to try and get a peek.

I turn slightly so that can read over my shoulder as I read the careful handwriting on the paper.

"I wish I could have delivered this puppy in person, because I would love to see the smile on your face right now, but I couldn't miss practice today. I haven't named her yet. I knew that anything I could come up with wouldn't be as good as a name you could give her, so I figure I should leave that up to you.

I know you weren't expecting this, and maybe even you don't want any gifts from me, but I couldn't just sit by and watch you forget about me...

I know I've done a lot of selfish things in my life, but I'm trying to change that now. I hope it's not too late.

Some one close to me told me that I should start putting others before myself. So that's what I'm going to do with you. I'm putting you before me. Your needs before mine. Your wants before mine. And your happiness before mine.

So if this puppy brings even a small smile to your face, then I've done my job. I hope that maybe one day you can see yourself changing your mind about me. Until then, you know where to find me.

Love,

Jude"

I put the letter down, the puppy wriggling actively in my arms as I try to digest what I just read.

"Girl," Allison says, her voice matching the shocked, yet slightly impressed, expression on my face. "If you don't want this boy, I'll take him. Is he 18 yet? You know what, doesn't matter. I can wait."

I laugh off her joke as I open the letter and read it again. My eyes stick on each of the precisely spaced words. What the hell has gotten into this kid? I've practically ignored him for the past week and he comes back at me stronger than ever? I put down the letter again, giggling as the puppy licks my face.

"Are you ladies going to get to work or—" Rob's voice screeches to a halt as he sticks his head completely through the cut out window. "Oh hell no is that a dog? What the hell is a dog doing in my restaurant?"

I smile at him as I scratch the puppy's head, eliciting another bark. "Oh Rob I—"

"Ah ah girl, you and that dog better get the hell up out of here!" Rob starts waving a dirty rag toward me, flicking tiny bits of lettuce at me. "I can't afford to have the health inspector come back in and change my health rating! Out, out, out!"

"But Rob, I still have an hour left of my shif—"

"Out!" He says firmly, pointing to the door. "Allison will take your tables. Goodbye!"

I look to Allison for help, but she just shrugs. I say goodbye to her as I grab my keys and leave the restaurant. I walk slowly across the parking lot with the puppy in one arm and the letter in my other hand.

How the hell am I going to tell my parents I got a dog? Oh my god they're going to kill me. Maybe they won't be home and I'll just be able to sneak the dog up into my room and keep her there for the rest of night and then take her to school tomorrow in my back pack and oh my god I need to get her food and a bed and—

I stutter to a stop in front of my van, spotting a bunch of things resting on the hood of the car. A plush looking dog bed sits in the middle of the hood, with a bag of dog food, some toys, and a combination water/food bowl inside of it.

I cover my mouth with the letter as I slowly walk up to the stuff; half expecting Shills to pop up out of nowhere and surprise me. But the parking lot remains empty as I stand in front of the van.

Wow, he really thought of everything. I unlock the van and place the puppy on the driver's seat before I grab the things from the hood of the van and place them on the passenger seat. I move her to the ground as I get inside the car and slam the door behind me.

I can't help but open up the letter and read it again. The person who wrote this letter isn't at all like the person I see around school everyday. But now that I think about it, the Shills I've seen around school over the past week isn't the same Shills I remember from a couple months ago, or even a couple weeks ago.

I wonder what changed him.

I start the car, which causes my puppy to back again, as she tries to jump into my lap. I smile as I start to back out of the the parking spot, and then I drive forward to pull out of the parking lot and head home.

Maybe...maybe I should give Jude another chance.

A/N Two chapters in one day???? Well technically this is two days, because I'm posting after midnight, but this is me making up for not posting yesterday! But what do y'all think? Who the hell gave Shills the idea to give Killer a dog?

Do you think this was a good first step for Shills to get back into Killer's good graces? Or does he still have a long way to go? How would you react if someone bought you a puppy?

You'll just have to wait and see what happens next!!!

Much Love,

Naomi

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

2.6K 164 33
Just another typical love story. Maybe with a twist?
574 255 25
Meet Ailly Hopes, a seemingly ordinary orphan on the brink of graduation from Willowbrook's most prestigious academy. However, her world takes a dras...
232K 7K 34
A Girl. Not just any ordinary good girl. Meets a not so ordinary badboy. Where two world's meet and crossover to both Sides, where love is found, W...
37.9K 1.8K 33
Girl meets boy. Girl falls for boy. Girl finds out boy is last in line to a mafia legacy. All hell breaks loose.