Souls for Satan

By SianaghGallagher

COMPLETED (BOOK 6) *Also a stand alone book, but reading the other books is suggested!* An arrogant demon wit... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56

Chapter 22

35.6K 2.1K 1.5K
By SianaghGallagher

I know that I haven't been too speedy with my updates over this past month, so here is another chapter to say thank you for your patience and your optimism towards this story! You all mean a lot to me.

- Sian

"What else do you know that the angels have not told me?" Milokan questioned, eager to understand.

"Well," Jeronah looked around, enjoying the peaceful environment, "before we discuss this, maybe we should move to a different area. Have you been here for long?"

"Too long," Kaiden muttered with a scowl, still not warming to the idea of letting a stranger stay with them. "We're going."

Jeronah studied the demon for a moment and said, "Alright. Lead the way."

The manner in which he looked at Kaiden made Milokan wonder if he has ever met a demon before. Jeronah seemed to be highly intrigued.

"When we land again, will you teach me how to-"

"Yes!" Snapped Kaiden and gripped the angel's shoulder with too much force. Milokan winced, and the demon let him go. "Just stop asking me."

Kaiden's guilt hit the angel hard. He didn't mean to hurt his soulmate, but he should not have lost his temper over a simple question. His anger issues needed to get tamed if they were going to live peacefully together. Milokan did not want to feel on edge, knowing he could break at any moment.

When the angel lifted his arms, Kaiden bent down and gently picked him up.

"What do you say?" Milokan questioned and wrapped his legs around his waist.

"What?" The demon scowled.

"You hurt me. So, what should you say?" The angel watched him, expecting an apology.

"Nothing."

"I am learning to compromise with your anger. In return, I would like your manners."

Kaiden rolled his eyes and thought about dropping him.

"You're worse than my mother," he muttered, but the angel continued to stare with expecting eyes. When the situation started to get awkward for the demon, he ended it. "Sorry that you're annoying."

"So close," sighed Milokan, "but not close enough."

He jumped down and flashed his wings, getting ready to make rifts to anger the demon further. Kaiden reached forwards and gripped the side of his wing. It wasn't strong enough to hurt his soulmate, but he would pull out feathers if he disappeared.

"Don't do it," Kaiden warned.

"Apologise to me."

"No."

"Kaiden," Meloras groaned, "I have told you this too many times now. Treat him with respect. Do not break promises with me."

Her son glared in her direction, catching the gaze of Jeronah who watched with an odd twinkle in his eyes. He looked differently at Kaiden, and he didn't like it. The demon pinched the bridge of his nose and stared behind the angel, not daring to find himself engulfed by the beauty of his features.

"I hurt you, I didn't mean to, and I'm sorry." Kaiden's response was somewhat monotone, but one Milokan could accept.

"Thank you. I forgive you." The angel lifted his arms once more and waited for his soulmate to crouch.

"That's it?"

"Yes. It is never hard to apologise, and it should not feel difficult unless you are a demon. I know it is hard for you, but I appreciate that you try. That is what matters to me."

Kaiden connected their gaze. The angel's eyes were kind and full of compassion. He fell victim to his feelings once more and picked him up. The pain in their hearts subsided, and Milokan wrapped his arms around his shoulders, preparing to travel. Kaiden bit the inside of his lip and tried to keep down his blush when the angel flashed a captivating smile.

Looking at Meloras, the stubborn demon vanished, expecting her and the angel to follow.

* * * * *

"I will tell you more now, young Milokan," spoke Jeronah as they sat next to the edge of the cliff. The faint crashing of waves against the rocks and the constant screeching of seagulls irritated Kaiden, but he needed a big open space and landing next to the sea could promise him exactly that. He took a big breath of air, allowing the freshness to fill his lungs. "I had heard rumours for a long time about more soulmates who will one day be significant to us."

"More?" Milokan frowned.

"Yes. You are not the only famous couple out there." Jeronah looked up and into the sky. His eyes grew lost for a moment; his mind had wandered. "Connecting with each other is just the start of this wonderful journey."

"Well, what is it?" Kaiden barked. His patience was continually wearing thin when angels spoke of their ways of wisdom.

Jeronah turned to him, inspecting his scar when the wind rustled his black hair, revealing it.

"Please, compose yourself. You are surrounded by new people who do not appreciate your short-temper. I understand it is hard for you to control, but I would like you to try," the stranger spoke rather boldly.

Kaiden glanced at his mother who watched Jeronah without an ounce of emotion. He glanced at Milokan who was staring at him with such serenity; anyone would think he was looking at a faultless being. Feeling a little lost for words, he grumbled a response that nobody heard and laid down, removing his gaze from any eyes so he could watch the clouds. Jeronah spoke to him with authority and confidence. He didn't appreciate it, but for Milokan's sake, he didn't argue.

"Now," Jeronah pressed on, "I will continue. So, there have been two major wars in my lifetime, and both outcomes have been successful. Milokan, do you remember a few months ago when the elder angels stopped replying and gathered together for an entire fortnight?"

The young angel nodded.

"That was due to war?" he asked.

"Yes. Not many angels were informed. I was told only because they worried that demons would try to break into heaven. Kaiden, was there any changes in hell?"

"No," he muttered, even though he was listening rather intently, "not that I remember."

"Well, there was a war between this world and another. The demons from this world were causing rifts in the fabrics of the atmosphere where heaven sat. They caused many tears and threatened to bring heaven crashing down. We knew this war would happen and allowed two couples to experience the wonderful gift of having children. The children, in return, connected a bond that no world has ever seen. It was powerful enough to stop the demons and save heaven." Jeronah paused and tilted his head. "I see you are looking at me rather strangely Milokan. Do you have a question?"

"Yes..." he furrowed his eyebrows. "You mentioned another world. I was not aware that more existed."

"There are, in fact, three more worlds than the one we are on now. I do not know much about them, but I do not doubt that you will receive the opportunity to visit them all one day."

"Really?" A mesmerised sparkle glossed his eyes. Kaiden watched him, noticing how he expresses his emotions so openly.

"Of course. Now that brings us nicely onto the topic of why yourself and Kaiden are connecting. Another war is predicted to break out in the future. It will be in a different world. No elder angel knows which one, but every couple designed to hold back previous wars are needed. The elder angels do not know why either. The only thing they do know is that it will change everything. Humanity will fall, and it is up to you to save it."

"Humanity?" Kaiden scoffed. His mind was a little blown, and he pretended not to show it. "Why should we care about humanity?"

"Humans are here for a reason, just like the rest of us. Our lives live in a perfect harmony. Everything is linked, everyone and everything has a purpose. Whether that is to die, live, love or feel, it is never really discovered unless you have the ability to see your purpose. That is fate, young Kaiden. Maybe we do need answers but is it not easier to imagine and to dream?" said Jeronah.

Milokan nodded. He felt incredibly inspired by Jeronah's outlook on life. So did Meloras, judging by her raised eyebrows and lost eyes.

The demon sat up, wanting to challenge his ideas.

"I am a mistake. Are you telling me that demons are here for a reason? We are horrible creatures, and there is no purpose for us at all. Yeah, corrupt souls exist, but it doesn't mean that people like me had to be created to torture them."

"Not every demon is a demon from birth," the gatekeeper murmered.

Meloras looked out and towards the horizon. Her mind had been sucked through so many open doors, screaming new and exciting opportunities from the mention of other worlds.

"Do you know who your leader is?" Jeronah asked and watched the demon shake his head with a growing frown. The angel glanced at Meloras, a little surprised. "You have not told him?"

She blinked her mind into focus. Her heart immediately spiked in her chest.

"Told him what?"

"Who Lucifer is."

"Oh," she breathed a small sigh of relief, thinking he was talking about something else. She turned to her son who made the same face as Milokan. They both looked a little overwhelmed. "It might not be that surprising. I know you had suspicions about him when you studied his eyes. He is different too."

"What are you trying to say?" Kaiden growled. Meloras took a breath and ran her fingers through the soft grass.

"Lucifer used to be an angel."

The silence rang in the demon's ears. Kaiden's stare was so attentive; she thought he could see right through her.

"Is that another one of your jokes?" he breathed. "Because it wasn't funny."

"I'm not joking." Meloras remained serious, as did her son.

"But," his head was spinning, "he hates-"

"Angels," Milokan whispered. equally as shocked.

"I thought you would know that, Milokan," said Jeronah.

"No," he replied, "I didn't really have an angel of a higher power to teach me about such things."

"Why not?"

"I am not worthy."

Jeronah frowned with confusion. How could the young angel ever think that about himself?

"Whoever told you that is a compulsive liar."

"Maybe," he smiled politely and still felt a little left out. He should know a lot of information, but he never got taught things like that.

"I can teach you anything you would like to learn, do not worry."

"Thank you. I am sure I will need your help."

A surge of jealousy jolted through the demon, and he shifted uncomfortably. Milokan felt it, and he didn't know if he was secretly pleased or a little worried. Would the demon be too possessive? Would he be too over-protective?

"You are more than welcome." Jeronah then turned to Meloras and asked more about what Lucifer is like as a person.

Kaiden and Milokan shared a glance. Their minds felt like they were speeding through the air at one-hundred miles per hour. A lot of information needed to get processed.

"I guess- maybe it will be a good idea to teach me how to fight with this war," the angel chuckled, trying to lighten his trampled heart.

"Yes." Kaiden exhaled and looked around. A sudden wave of pain hit his chest, and his eyes watched how it affected the angel. Milokan's lip trembled, and he gripped his chest, trying to keep himself together. If Kaiden was hurting, he couldn't imagine how sore his soulmate was. The angel has proven himself to be weak when injured, and he felt regretful for putting him through it when he didn't have to. Milokan did not complain about it; he let it pass and remained miserable.

"Have you given up?" He questioned.

"No. I am trying to get used to the pain."

The demon was not sure how he managed to realise the situation so fast. His soulmate was suffering in silence because he is too stubborn to admit that he wants him in his life; he wants him closer; he wants to feel his warm skin and to watch how his content eyes sparkled.

"Milokan, you don't have to do that."

"What option do I have?" The angel frowned in discomfort.

"You should be angry at me for doing this to you. Where's your fire? You have given up."

"I have not." Milokan looked up. He was surprised that Kaiden's eyes were soft and calm.

"Then prove it. Stop waiting for me to change and get what you want." It was Kaiden's way of telling him that he wanted the same thing, he just couldn't say it out-loud.

Milokan pushed his sorrow aside, found his confidence and said, "Okay then, I understand what you want."

His words were an eye-opener for Kaiden. Milokan saw straight through his words and knew what he was trying to hint towards. When he stood up and walked over, the demon could do nothing but accept his presence. Milokan sat down in front of him and took his hands in his. They were cold, as usual. He hoped to be closer. The thought of hugging him was what he longed for the most.

Kaiden subconsciously squeezed his hands, needing his comfort.

"I don't want to feel alone anymore," Milokan mumbled, and the demon's black heart ached with misery. He remained silent for a moment, not wanting to reveal too much of his emotions, but not wanting to show too little because the angel had to know that he cared.

"No matter what, I am stuck with you, and you're stuck with me. We will never be alone, even if we tried." Kaiden's voice was rather tender as he lifted a hand and poked Milokan's heart. "You'll feel me here, even when I'm horrible. I think... well, I know I'll learn to like you even if I don't want to."

Milokan chuckled, and the demon's heart skipped a beat.

"You are not great at explaining yourself, but I know what you are trying to say, so thank you. It means a lot, Kaiden."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.5K 2.3K 33
I feel his lips on mine like the were ment for each other.it feels like the whole world has been waiting for this moment and it's just us in this wor...
92 0 13
Akira is a young adult who's finally leaving her dad's house to go off to college. She meets a boy named Kai in her culinary class. To her very exist...
155 0 17
Bailey is a 2579-year-old human from Babylon's end, she, like Enoch was plucked up by Heaven and made into an angel. Except hers was because she was...
1M 9.2K 7
Completed..... (This book is now moved from Wattpad to Novelcat. Only sample chapters are available here.) #Won 3rd prize in Werewolf contest held by...