Divided We Stand, United We F...

By VanillaOwl

In a parallel, dystopian world to our own.The humans are at war with each other. The United States are again... More

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5*
Chapter 6
Chapter 7*
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12*
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20*
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34*
Chapter 35

Chapter 1

13 1 0
By VanillaOwl

One month ago...

"Remember Lauren, don't go near the boys' side. They are all disgusting creatures." Lauren's guardian reminded her. She nodded her head. Of course she would never go into that area. Today was the day she would have to get pregnant. She was really worried. She heard her roommate had a baby and she had to be taken to hospital. She looked like she was in a lot of pain. Lauren sighed and nodded.

"Of course."she said. Lauren walked about a mile before she reached the hospital. Everything was too clean and white, for her liking. The floor was polished to such an extent it gleamed in the white glow of the lights above her. She was almost at the pregnancy centre. She was going to have to be a mum. How could she have that responsibility? She wasn't even in her twenties. She then wished she was infertile. She knew what they were going to do in order for her to become pregnant because she had seen the demonstration of what the nurses would do since she was twelve. She would be laid down on a bed and the doctors would push a white, thick rod up, between her legs. They explained that there would be muscle tissue that they needed to penetrate in order to allow her to be pregnant. They explained to her that it would be painful. Lauren let out a shaky breath, worried about how much it would hurt. Later on in the video, it told you how a fetus was formed. She kept on thinking to myself how she wasn't ready for this. Lauren sat down in the waiting room after signing myself in. She fiddled with her thumbs to try to ease the tension. Lauren jumped as a large boom was heard from behind her. She almost had a heart attack.

She turned round to see some obnoxious lady her age eating crisps. She was fat, her skin was oily and her mouth full of potato mush.

"Sorry!"she apologized whilst spitting a load of potato chip and saliva on Lauren's face. Lovely, Lauren thought as she wiped it off of her cheek. The fat woman hadn't seemed to notice as she was too busy guzzling her crisps. She was making repulsive chewing noises and was crushing the crisps in her fat, sausage-like fingers. It took all of Lauren's self-control not to snap at the woman.

The anxiety was killing Lauren as she waited. Just as the fat woman was finishing her last bag, a shrill scream was heard. A woman was being carried out of a room by a large group of nurses.

"NOO!"she wailed. "They've taken my baby! They've taken my baby." The distraught woman cried. Lauren felt more and more unwilling to get that pregnancy thing taken. They took her baby away from her.

"Lauren Ryuga." A nurse announced. She couldn't take it anymore. She had to leave. She pushed passed a group of nurses and ran. She ran blindly down a hall. Her main objective was to get away from that place. But she had no idea where she was going.

Lauren entered many rooms and random areas until...she was out! The way Lauren did it was by accidentally going into the staff room and running out through the fire exit door.

Lauren was swarmed by cold air and darkness. What was this place? Instead of there being a normal white floor and ceiling, there was a sort of crumbled rock on the floor and green shoots spurting out of it. This couldn't be a greenhouse, could it? She then looked up and saw darkness only illuminated by shining, white lights and one larger one that appeared to be broken and have many craters in it.

A cool wind penetrated her thin clothing but she couldn't see an air conditioning unit anywhere. It didn't seem to be a room at all, which confused her. But you couldn't blame Lauren.

She had never been outside before.

She looked forward. There was another building a few metres ahead. Summoning all of her courage, she rammed the window, smashing it.

She fell on something soft and the something made an eek noise. She opened her eyes. She was laid on top of a female with very short, blonde hair. She fell off of her and onto the floor. The woman turned around and Lauren couldn't help but look at her face.

She appeared a bit strange for a woman. A large bump on her neck, a very square jaw; stubble around the jawline. She looked at the strange woman and she looked back at her.

"Who are you and what are you doing in my room?"she asked, her voice surprisingly deep. She raised one eyebrow at Lauren.

"I-I'm Lauren. I was running away from nurses." Lauren introduced, rolling off of her.

"Lauren is a very peculiar name for a guy. What are nurses?"she asked.

"What are you talking about? I'm female." Lauren said, getting rather offended. Never once was she called a 'guy' in all of her nineteen years. It was a terrible insult to be called masculine.

"Ha! Very funny. Girls don't look like that. They're supposed to walk on all fours and have udders. They're not meant to look like us."

"Are you telling me that you are not female?" Lauren asked, fear creeping up inside of her. Was she a man? If she was...no, men didn't look this similar to women. They should look like nightmare fuel.

"No, I'm a man, thank you very much, mate." Just then Lauren screamed. She ran and hid in the corner of the room, fumbling at the sides of the wall, desperate to find a the window in her panic. The boy looked at her, questioningly. "What are you doing over there?"he asked. He stretched his limbs and smirked, obviously humoured by her hysterics.

"Please don't touch me! Please don't kill me! I don't want to die; I'm only nineteen. You have to understand. I'm too young, please!" Lauren cried.

"What are you talking about?"the boy asked. He rubbed his neck five times.

"Then you are a rapist then! Men are disgusting creatures. They could kill you or impregnate you, unsafely. Please God help me." Lauren whimpered, tears rolling down her face. He lifted his eyebrows and looked at the poor girl in front of him.

"Look, I won't hurt you, I swear."he promised.

"How do I know you won't kill me right here, right now?" Lauren asked.

"Do I look like I could kill you? Look me in the eyes and tell that I have guts to kill another man...or woman."he reasoned. Lauren looked at him, really looked at him. He was tall and his arms were toned and large but his face was not ghastly in the slightest. He looked almost childlike.

"No, you don't. But you could be putting on a façade." Lauren admitted carefully. The boy offered her his hand and she took it. Marveling at the difference in size. He pulled her up and led her to his bed. He lightly sat her down.

"Glad you think that, Lauren. Oh, I'm Noah by the way." He awkwardly scratched an area on the back of his neck.

"Now-ah" Lauren repeated. "That's a nice name."

"Well, it's alright. So, may I ask why you were running from the 'nurses'?" Noah asked, casually.

"Why should I tell you?"Lauren crossed her arms. "You're a man."

"And you're a woman. Does it really matter?"he sighed.

"Fine, I'll tell you. They were trying to...impregnate me and I became scared and ran."

"You ran because you didn't want to have children?"he asked.

"No...I ran because I was scared that when I do have a baby; the baby would be taken away from me." Lauren explained. Noah looked at her, wide-eyed and shocked.

"But isn't that the only reason why women are kept alive anyway? To make babies."

SLAP!

_____

First chapter of a new story. Yay! And for once it isn't a fanfiction.

Lauren's first encounter with a boy was so awkward

I'm awkward, that's why.

Hnng! 60050¥

See what I mean.

____

Oh well. There is no goal or whatever but please leave suggestions, opinions and constructive criticism in the comments below so I can improve.

Constructive does not mean:

i h8 ur work it sux dikole even like i cud do better

It means:

In order to become a better writer, you must remember that if you want to say you are, it is you're not your.

Or:

I'm sorry, I've lost the plot could you be more clear?

Oh, and another thing. Don't try to force me into writing things I'm not comfortable with for example detailed sex scenes, rape, horrific violence and self-harm. I've had to delete a couple of my stories because people kept on pressuring me to put R rated stuff in my work and then getting really angry when I didn't. I'm just not .comfortable with it. The furthest I've ever gone is cheek-kissing, holding hands and hugging. I'm not even 14 yet so, yeah.

The chapters marked with '*' are 'off the pill' as Ryan Higa would say and I will not take any responsibility in how weird they are. They will have anything that comes to mind in them so be prepared >_<

Now that that's over and done with.

Hoot!

Toot!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.9K 1K 58
{EDITING PROCESS} *BOOK ONE OF TWO* When a high school student named Davina Smith faces her senior year after a tragedy in her family, suddenly finds...
1.9K 78 33
( COMPLETED) Yo is not your average 17 year old guy, he was raised in a secret facility called H.M.E ( Human Mutant Essentials ) where people are giv...
1.1K 240 33
AMERICAN HORROR STORY meets THE HANDMAID'S TALE with a bit of WESTWORLD weaved in Four women, fresh out of a super secret governmental experiment, ar...
8 0 3
Noel and Violet Oberllyn spent their adult careers working special ops for the U.S. government. After forty years of it, all they wanted was a peacef...