BATGIRL Book One: New Hero of...

By indiaherring

Barbara Gordon starts out in college in Burnside, Gotham while her father is on police patrol. She meets new... More

Prologue: Just Being Myself
Chapter 1: Batman
Chapter 2: College Day!
Chapter 3: Another Night, Another Day
Chapter 4: A Very Bad Tragedy
Chapter 5: Justice
Chapter 6: Batman and Robin
Chapter 8: Catwoman
Chapter 9: Robin and Batgirl VS Catwoman
Chapter 10: Gotham Fairgrounds
Chapter 11: "Livewire"
Chapter 12: Happy Birthday, Barbara!
Chapter 13: Happy Unbirthday, Barbara.
Chapter 14: A Weird Encounter
Chapter 15: Gotham Library
Chapter 16: Top Secret
Chapter 17: Investigation
Chapter 18: Something's Wrong
Chapter 19: Learn To Play Your Role
Chapter 20: Taking Back What's Yours
Chapter 21: Help Me Find A Cure

Chapter 7: Barbara And Dick

85 4 9
By indiaherring

(The next morning, Barbara woke up and got dressed in 5 minutes. She saw Jim making her pancakes and sausage.)

Jim: "Good morning, Barbara."

Barbara: "Morning, dad."

Jim: "I made you breakfast."

Barbara: "Yay, pancakes!" (Jim chuckled and watched her eat.)

Jim: "So, did you see the news tonight?"

Barbara: "No, I was asleep at that moment. What happened?"

Jim: "Well, it turns out that Batman has a sidekick."

Barbara: "Really? I thought Batman doesn't need a sidekick and that he works by himself."

Jim: "No, he had help. An actual sidekick."

Barbara: "What's his name?"

Jim: "Robin."

Barbara: "Is he a guy or a girl?"

Jim: "He's a guy and he's with Batman."

Barbara: "That is some news. Well, I'm off to school."

Jim: "Okay, learn good things."

Barbara: "I will." (Barbara thinks as she waits for the school bus.)

Barbara: (Thoughts) "Yeah, like learn who this Robin guy is." (The school bus arrived and she got on. She listened to music as she arrived at school. She saw Dinah and she went to her.)

Dinah: "Hey, Barbara. Are you ready to hear the single, now?"

Barbara: "I got plenty of time. Do it."

Dinah: "We'll make it fast." (The band started playing and Barbara was headbanging to the music. When it was over, Barbara clapped her hands.)

Dinah: "Well?"

Barbara: "It was amazing!"

Dinah: "Nice. You know the festival is almost here, right?"

Barbara: "I think so. It's coming here, right?"

Dinah: "The fairgrounds."

Barbara: "Ah, the Gotham fairgrounds. How could I forget?"

Dinah: "Yep, it's getting closer. A few more days and it arrives."

Barbara: "I can't wait."

Dinah: "Same here."

Barbara: "Well, I better get to class."

Dinah: "See ya, Babs!"

Barbara: "Bye!" (She ran to class and Ms. Charlotte was there.)

Ms. Charlotte: "Miss Gordon. You're not late again. Keep it up."

Barbara: "Thanks." (The students was talking about Robin as a sidekick to Batman from the news they saw last night. Barbara sat next to Dick who smiled at her.)

Dick: "I told you I'll be here. You didn't believe me?"

Barbara: "I sort of had my doubts, but I knew you would still be here."

Dick: "Of course. Did you see the news last night about Batman having a sidekick?"

Barbara: "Well, I heard about it, but I haven't seen it."

Dick: "Really? You should've saw it. I did! He looked incredible!"

Barbara: "I bet."

Dick: "And here's the thing, I'm best friends with him!"

Barbara: "Oh, stop."

Dick: "No, really. I saw him. With my own two eyes."

Barbara: "You saw Robin?"

Dick: "Yes, I saw him. I mean you will not believe me if...how about this? I'll ask him if he could come over your house tonight."

Barbara: "Oh, no. I don't think that's a good idea."

Dick: "No, that's because it's a fantastic idea! Come on, Babs. Please? I'll take you to dinner tonight."

Barbara: "Wait, are you asking..."

Dick: "You to go out with me? It's up to you if you want to go, but you don't have to."

Barbara: "Yes, I want to go." (Dick raised his eyebrows up.)

Dick: "You do?"

Barbara: "Yes, I want to go out tonight."

Dick: "Okay. Be ready at 8:00?"

Barbara: "Sure." (Dick smiled and Barbara smiled back. When the lunch bell rung, the students went to lunch and Dick stopped her.)

Dick: "You know what? How about we skip lunch and go straight to dinner?"

Barbara: "Okay. Sounds good."

Dick: "Alright. See you at 8:00."

Barbara: "Okay." (Barbara went straight home and got dressed beautifully and Dick was exercising for his big night. Barbara got dressed, but Barbara had an another idea. Barbara called Frankie.)

Barbara: "Hey, Frankie. Do you have a minute?"

Frankie: (COM) "Sure, what is it?"

Barbara: "Come over really quick. I need some opinions."

Frankie: (COM) "Alright. On my way over."

Barbara: "Good." (She took a deep breath and smiled. Eight o' clock has approached and Barbara and Dick were at a fancy restaurant eating Italian food.)

Barbara: "How's the lasagna?"

Dick: "Mmm." (He puts a finger up as he swallowed.)

Dick: "It's amazing. I love it. How's your spaghetti?"

Barbara: "Incredible. So incredible, that I am indeed full." (She wiped her mouth with a napkin.)

Dick: "Yeah, me too. Check, please." (The waiter nodded and got the check. He gave it to Dick and Dick signed his name.)

Waiter: "You two have a wonderful night."

Barbara: "Thank you."

Dick: "Yeah, thanks." (The waiter went away.)

Dick: "So, how was the dinner?"

Barbara: "It was wonderful. Thank you."

Dick: "Ah, it was nothing. Hey, want to go to the roof?" (He got up from his chair.)

Barbara: "The roof?"

Dick: "Yeah, the roof just me and you."

Barbara: "But the manager said after 7:00 pm precisely, no one's allowed up there."

Dick: "That's alright because we're going to sneak." (Barbara frowned and got nervous.)

Barbara: "Sneak? Oh, no. That's way worse."

Dick: "No, it isn't. Come on. I even asked Robin to come see you."

Barbara: "Well, where is he?"

Dick: "You'll see. Come with me." (He slowly dragged her upstairs. They both got outside and they sat on the roof.)

Barbara: "Wow, what a view."

Dick: "Yeah. See this isn't so bad, right?"

Barbara: "Hate to admit, but yeah. I guess it isn't that bad." (It was silent for a minute and Barbara looked at Dick.)

Barbara: "So, when is Robin coming?"

Dick: "He'll come. You just have to be patient." (He cleared his throat.)

Barbara: "So, since you have seen Robin, what is he like?"

Dick: "Well, he's quick and agile."

Barbara: "Like you?"

Dick: "I'd say better than me. Way better. He could run on walls and do some amazing moves. He's sometimes aggressive, but that's how he does to criminals."

Barbara: "Does he know me?"

Dick: "He might know you. I mean you are the Commissioner's daughter after all."

Barbara: "Yep, that's true. What do you think he'll say about me? Like what would he say if he saw me?"

Dick: "I think he would say that you're the Commissioner's daughter and I think you're pretty cool." (He laughs and Barbara chuckled.)

Barbara: "No, seriously. What would he say from his heart if he liked me?"

Dick: "He would say, Barbara is the most beautiful girl in all of Gotham and she shines so bright than the stars above. If only she was my love, I would give her everything that she wanted, guaranteed to her heart's desire." (Barbara looked at him like she was into it because it was so deeply beautiful.)

Dick: "She would just smile to make the pain go away from me and that's what I want. Her happiness and love to make my dream a reality. She is my shining star in the night and I would do anything to make her mine and mine alone. At least I think that's what he would say." (Barbara was deeply intrigued by that.)

Barbara: "That was...very sweet."

Dick: "Yeah, but I'm not Robin, so I don't know." (He looked at the stars, twinkling.)

Barbara: "I think I would be happy if he said that." (Dick looked at her deeply.)

Dick: "Really?" (She nodded and gently smiled brightly.)

Barbara: "Yeah, really. I would."

Dick: "Wow, he would be honored to hear that."

Barbara: "I bet." (Dick softly chuckled and Barbara smiled. Suddenly, he looked deep in her eyes as he slowly leaned forward towards her face and Barbara was getting closer to him as well. Closer and closer they were together as Dick held her soft arms. They connected for a minute and Barbara touched his cheek. They let go for a second to breathe and they looked at each other for four seconds. Dick smiled and Barbara blushed then gently smiled. Dick caressed her cheek and was about to kiss her again, until the sirens went off and cop cars were driving really fast down the road.)

Dick: "Uh, oh. I better get home."

Barbara: "You're right, I got to use the restroom anyway and catch the bus. I'll see you tomorrow?" (Dick got a text message from Batman.)

Dick: "Yeah. Tomorrow. Good night, Babs."

Barbara: "Good night, Dick." (Dick was about to go downstairs, but jumped off towards the back alley and Barbara went downstairs back in the restaurant and towards the bathroom.)

Batman: (COM) "Dick, do you copy?" (Dick takes off his tie and rips off his tuxedo to release the Robin suit and puts on the mask.)

Batman: (COM) "Robin, this is Batman. Do you read?" (Robin touched his earpiece.)

Robin: "This is Robin. What is it?"

Batman: (COM) "Where were you when I texted you?"

Robin: "Oh, I was with the girl of my dreams. No big deal."

Batman: (COM) "Well, the sirens just went off."

Robin: "Yeah, I noticed."

Batman: (COM) "And you're not here."

Robin: "I'm on my way now. Don't go anywhere."

Batman: (COM) "I haven't planned on leaving."

Robin: "Good. Stay there." (He took out his grapple gun and fired it along the edge of the building. He launched himself on the roof and glided his way to Batman.)

Robin: "There. I'm here. Happy?"

Batman: "You could say that. The Commissioner gave us another mission."

Robin: "Okay, which is?"

Batman: "Mr. Freeze and Catwoman."

Robin: "That's two missions?"

Batman: "Exactly. One of us has to stop Mr. Freeze while the other gets Catwoman."

Robin: "Okay, so wait. Who would get us if one of us in trouble and the other person is busy fighting say like Catwoman?"

Woman: "I got a few things in mind, like another partner perhaps?" (A shadow silhouette has appeared in the shadows and it appears to be feminine.)

Robin: "Who are you?"

Woman: "Call me...." (The feminine shadow shows herself from the darkness.)

Woman: "Batgirl."

(Robin and Batman were both surprised by the fact that there were more of people like them. Robin, Batman and Batgirl. Three birds, but more alike.)

(End of Chapter 7: Barbara And Dick)

What did you think of this chapter? Cool? Amazing? Spectacular? What was your favorite part of this chapter. Leave comments and vote what you thought. Thanks for being so awesome and amazing, guys! I appreciate you loving this a lot, but there will be more! See ya! #Batgirl and Robin Forever!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Gotham By Karli

Fanfiction

6.8K 237 21
Can you ever really 'start fresh'? I mean, you can try. You can change your name, move halfway across the country. But the things you did are still w...
745 32 15
Being the commissioner's daughter means being the target of many people. And the kids her age doesn't want to be involved with the police and crimina...
11.2K 123 18
This story is about Marcas's first day back from holiday and when he came back he meets Babra, Diana, Kara, Jessica, Zatara and Karen. Thanks to his...
1.1K 38 18
DC Series Book Two "Whoa." Tim snorted as he looked at the expression on Barbra's face. "Can you not look happy that we just got our asses handed to...