You [On-going]

By pancakesandtoast

Halla's life crumples as the ark disbands, and her own family throws her out. Until she met jungkook. The tw... More

Author's Note
Prologue
1. The Ark
2. Han River
3. A Miracle
4. Home
5. Bangtan
6. The Two of Us
7. Almost Caught
8. Unexpected Call
9. Musick
10. Ghost?
11. Everland
12. New Family
13. Yuna Kim
14. Quality Time
15. Your Voice
16. Unsteady
17. Far Away
Author's Note
18. An Early Chistmas gift
19. Butterfly
20. Bang PD
21. This Moment with you
22. The Last Farewell
23. Hongdae
24. Love is not over
Author's Note

25. Memories

263 10 13
By pancakesandtoast

>>>>>TIMESKIP

May 2017- Late Evening

Author's POV:

A full year had already passed...and to Jungkook, it seemed like forever.

He just got home a few days ago after touring from one country to another. It was indeed exhausting, yet fulfilling at the same time.

The whole year, the name of BTS had been rising around the world non-stop. As each day passed, more and more fans had come to get to know them and support their music. It was indeed a dream come true.

It was fun to be known... it was more fun to stand and perform on stage...

But to Jungkook, it was more overwhelming to be back home again together with his hyungs.

His room isn't any different from how he left it. Sure, gifts and new stuff would be delivered every now and then, but it's still his room. It's still him...

And there, in his gaming chair, he sat quietly... 

And in his hand....

Holds a picture...

A picture of a beautiful girl, with long black hair, playing in the snow....

His eyes remained glued on the picture that he kept in a span of more than a year.

How long has it been? He thought.

Jungkook let his mind wander as he continued to stare at her pictures, and after a brief moment, a deep sigh escaped his lips.

*SLAM!*

Jungkook quickly jolted his body up from his seat at the sound of paper being slammed on the table in front of him.

He looked in front at his desk, and there lays a hand holding a rolled up poster, Jungkook looked up, and found Jimin staring at him.

"Jimin-ah, what's that?" Jungkook asked, referring to the mysterious poster.

Jimin raised an eyebrow at the maknae, somewhat noticing the pictures in his hand before teasing him with another question

"Jungkook-ah, What's that?" Jimin's mouth suddenly formed a kind smirk as soon as he noticed Jungkook jump a bit from his seat, trying to hide the pictures he was holding a second ago inside his pocket.

"arghh, you caught me...haha" Jungkook said with a soft giggle, sighing a bit before looking back at Jimin. However, Jungkook's half-smile changed into a frown when he noticed Jimin giving him a worried look. 

"Jim----"

"I came across this while walking outside. Just thought it might come in handy for you." Jimin immediately cut-off Jungkook as he was about to call his name, which earned him a strange look coming from the maknae.

Jimin quickly caught Kookie's odd stare, he just gave his friend the faintest smile his could give. 

Although.... he couldn't help but feel worried. 

"Just....open the poster and see for yourself." Jimin followed.

There was a short pause before Jungkook shifted his gaze back to the poster in front of him. Slowly, he reached out to the mysterious poster, and unrolled it.

And everything around him suddenly vanished.

In the poster which says "IDOLMASTER.KR", presents the faces of 10 girls.

8 of them whose identities are completely foreign to him....

While 2 of them are strangely familiar....

Especially the other one.

At first, Jungkook didn't want to believe that what he's seeing is real. He wanted to deny the fact that he was able to stare at her beautiful face again after one year.

'Everything is just a dream......right?'  he said to himself

Jungkook took a long deep breath, he stared once again at the poster, much longer this time. Until he came to realize......

No...

This is not a dream....

This is real.

"Kookie-ah, you okay?" Jimin's voice echoed from the side, but Jungkook ignored him. 

Without wasting a second, Jungkook put down the poster to the side and started scrolling through the web about this so called drama.

As soon as the pages loaded, his hand decided to click on the very first music file he saw which is named "Memories".

There was a short intro at the beginning, Jungkook could already tell that this will be a slow and sentimental song.

When the first voice started singing, a tear unexpectedly came trailing down from Jungkook's eye.

It was her voice.

He never thought he'd be able to hear it again after a long time.....

What's making it worse for him are the lyrics, which tells about precious memories of two people who had a strong bond before....

"When I'm on this street with the cold wind blowing

I especially miss you

Your warm face, touch and our story

Do you think of me too?

When things were hard, we held each other

I'm standing here, waiting, until always~"

Those lyrics that she sang.... Why does it feel like it's telling the story of the both of them?

Jungkook listened intently on the song, tears followed through when the memories of the two of them started flashing back in his mind.

Then the bridge came.

And Jungkook thought he had prepared himself for the worse.

"Times that were painful and tearful
Because of you, I endured through it all~"

As soon as he heard that, everything came breaking down all at once.

____________________________

Jimin's POV (aka, Jimin's thoughts while Jungkook was watching the video):

"I'm sorry....I didn't mean to.....but I had to...."

Are the words that were supposed to come out of my mouth...

But as soon as I saw the tears coming out of your eyes, I knew those words are better off kept shut.

All I could do was pat your shoulder and assure you that everything will be alright....because it will, right?

Showing you the poster... 

I knew I had to do it. 

The past year, you pretended to be okay. Like nothing had happened at the night of Christmas that year. 

Didn't you know that we're a family? We know how you cried almost every night thinking about her... how you hide her pictures at almost everywhere in your belongings, just to feel her presence everywhere you go... You even call out her name a lot when you sleep. ...

We know how much you suffered with that fake smile on your face and that goofy attitude. And now, the least I could do is to give you this poster. 

I was thankful that I found this outside. But the sight of you crying in front of that computer pains me more than how I imagined it to be.

Right now, It's the bridge part of the song you're listening to...

*BLAG!*

I was startled when you stood up from your seat, slamming your hands on the desk before turning away to your closet.

"Jungkook-ah, where are you going?" I asked as soon as I saw you put on your favorite coat and some outdoor shoes.

You didn't answer, instead, you just looked at me with those red and teary eyes before leaving outside your window into the unknown.

And now i'm alone. 

But i'm alone and thankful....

At least you found her, Kookie-ah....

____________________________

Author's POV:

Jungkook's stomping feet echoed loudly throughout the grounds beside the Han River.

This feeling of raging anger inside him always made him jump outside of his window...without even thinking of a destination to go to.

He told himself that he wouldn't sneak out in the middle of the night after all those scoldings he received from Bang PD. But he couldn't help it, it's like a necessity for him to retain his sanity...

Why?

Why did Jimin have to show him that?

Why did it have to hurt so much seeing her face again, remembering her again...

Suddenly, Jungkook's chest began aching in pain, causing him to bend down. Immediately, his hand crawled its way to his chest as he struggled to breathe.

Why did it have to hurt this much to be so far away from her?

The time came when Jungkook couldn't hold back the pain. He freely let his tears drop to the ground.

After all, he's alone right now.

Nobody will be able to witness him breaking down like this.

Jungkook's eyes longingly stared blankly on the ground as he let a few drop of tears fall.

.

.

.

.

But then something strikingly unusual made him stop as his eyes continued to lock on the ground.

'Huh...?'

Jungkook slowly stood up straight. All of a sudden, all the pain he was feeling went away completely.

He gently wiped away the tears from his eyes before looking back down again.

This was the same spot where he first saw her that night...

It didn't seem any different than it was before....

To Jungkook's surprise, the memory had caused him to smile in a faint manner.

He remembered clearly that night....

She was sitting right th---

Jungkook quickly lifted up his head to look at the spot where he first saw her...

But then his faint smile vanished as the first thing he saw is a female figure sitting at the edge of the river...

Long black hair, finely-toned figure....

Jungkook couldn't believe his eyes.

His parted lips depicting his shocked state along with his whole body that was paralyzed for a moment.

Is this reality?

Or is this just a dream?

Slowly, Jungkook took a step forward, hesitating a bit, his eyes never leaving her.....

"Halla...?"

.

.

.

.

To Be Continued....

__________________________

A/N: Holy shooot. I've been gone for a month and i'm deeply sorry about that :'( It's currently our finals and school is dropping me a shit ton of works to do, so i hope you guys would understand TT^TT

But on the other hand, SUJI GOT IN THE TOP 9 ON THE UNIT WTF I'M SO HAPPY FOR HER (still a bit salty about euna tho, but it's okay, I still support the two groups)

Going back to the story, yes, it's now 2017. And also, sorry for the cliff hanger, but yeah....not to spoil or anything but let's just say things will highly get back into place starting from here :)

I'm still going to update, although, I can't promise you guys for a sooner update because some things are just happening in my life. But please be patient with me as I said over and over back then, I'm going to finish this and we only have 3 chapters left! :D

(Btw, i'm thinking of opening an instagram account after I finish this story. Reason: I have a copy of that video of Jungkook and Halla's interactions and I wanted to show it to you guys but I just don't know how i'll do it haha)

Anyways, thanks for the 3k reads everyone! I love youuu <3 please stay tuned for the next chapter :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 164 38
BTS. they ran together, all seven of them, making memories with each other before they inevitably got caught and locked away from the cruel and unfai...
904K 40.6K 34
In which Taehyung keeps Jungkook's hoodie after they break up. Top!Kook Bottom!Tae Includes yoonminseok and namjin This is a trial st...
24.7K 1.2K 9
Your twin soul is your other half, to find your twin soul is like finding yourself - anon. Note : * English is not my mother language, expect many g...
170K 8.4K 45
JEON JUNGKOOK a story in which the heart breaker gets her heart broken. [ TWO SIDES UNIVERSE ] #85 in jk #6 in jungkookie