You [On-going]

By pancakesandtoast

Halla's life crumples as the ark disbands, and her own family throws her out. Until she met jungkook. The tw... More

Author's Note
Prologue
1. The Ark
2. Han River
3. A Miracle
4. Home
5. Bangtan
6. The Two of Us
7. Almost Caught
8. Unexpected Call
9. Musick
10. Ghost?
11. Everland
12. New Family
13. Yuna Kim
14. Quality Time
15. Your Voice
16. Unsteady
17. Far Away
Author's Note
18. An Early Chistmas gift
19. Butterfly
20. Bang PD
21. This Moment with you
22. The Last Farewell
23. Hongdae
25. Memories
Author's Note

24. Love is not over

185 7 6
By pancakesandtoast

Somewhere around April 2016.....

Author's POV:

*TING!*

Euna hurriedly took out the bowl of soup from the microwave and gently placed it on a small tray. She took a deep breath, and soon, silence filled up the small kitchen as she began stirring.

"Unnie" a voice called out.

Euna looked up, and found Jane staring at her, already wearing her pajamas. "What is it, Jane?" the elder asked.

Jane furrowed her eyebrows as she watched Euna prepare the food "It's already 11pm, why are you making dinner now?"

Euna suddenly stopped stirring and gave her dongsaeng a warm smile, "It's not for me, Jane."

Jane quickly bit her lip, "It's for her, isn't it?" She said, seemingly not surprised. Euna nodded and looked down, a sigh escaping her lips

"...she hasn't gone out of her room, Jane.... It's been two days.... her homeroom teacher's getting worried too..."

Jane frowned, unsure of what to say. "Let's just give her some space for the time being..." said Euna. With one last nod, Jane then proceeded to her room, giving one last glance at the door beside hers, before disappearing.

Euna, on the other hand, watched the younger enter her room. She let out one final exhale before placing down a spoon beside the bowl of soup.

Euna's POV:

4 months.

4 months had already passed, and the memory from that night still remains fresh in my mind.

December 25th.....

My vision darkens just looking upon that horrible night. It was very.....gloomy.

I remember, the moment I was thrown out of the car in front of my apartment, another car had followed right after.

My eyes automatically shut tight just remembering it.

That night....I couldn't believe my eyes. Another person was thrown out of the second car, followed by large bags.

Long hair, tall figure....

I almost refused to believe that it was really her...

My chest begins to ache as I remembered the loudest cry I had heard my entire life at that night.....the tears that filled the most sorrow dropping on the ground like pouring rain.

A tear subconsciously rolled down from my eye as I recalled the times when me and Jane had to see her in a lifeless state, staring at nothing, and then tears would suddenly come out from her eyes....

Seeing her like that, it crushes me everytime....

Right now, it's already been months. The best that we could do is give her all our support and love no matter what. With my part-time job, and Jane's parents providing us support for a living, the three of us have no one else to hold on to but ourselves.

I let out one last sigh, wiping out my tears, before grabbing the tray of soup all the way to her room.

This is it....

I straightened my back and held up a strong face, hoping for the best before slowly opening the door.

"Suji-ya? I made your favori----"

Oh my god...

I quickly dropped the tray to the side as soon as I witnessed Suji curled up against the bed, crying.

"SUJI???" I rushed my way beside her.

No response.... just sobs.

I'd be lying if I said that I'm not panicking. Because I am. These four months of seeing her like this, I still can't get used to it. That's because I shouldn't get used it.

Suji sat on the floor, with her back against the bed, and her arms caging her entire body. Her head was bowed to prevent me from seeing her tears.

"Suji.... what's wrong?" I asked, caressing her back.
.
.
.
.

Still sobs...

I genuinely gave Suji a warm hug, because I knew she needed it. "There there Suji-ya....." I whispered along with her quiet sobs. Right now, comfort is all I could give after all that had happened.

We stayed like this for a moment, until I hear a voice speaking from behind me. Slowly, I broke free from Suji and tilted my head at the source of the sound.

And now I finally know the answer, to why Suji is crying like this.

The faces on the TV screen are no other than 7 familiar ones. It was a live show, and right now, the interviewer is the one who's speaking.

Interviewer: So I see we're headed now to the last track which is the "outro", am I right? Can you tell us some things about this song? I'm sure the fans are dying to know.

Namjoon: Ahh, the title of our outro is "Love is not over". The song is actually produced by Jungkook, himself. (Laughs)

The camera then pans to Jungkook. Who is now turning red from the embarrassment.

Interviewer: aww what a shy boy we have here....

At that moment, Suji's crying became louder and louder. And my heart is breaking more and more.

I need to stop this.

I hurriedly reached out for the remote in hopes to turn off the TV.

But a hand stopped me from doing so right when as I was about to click.

I widened my eyes at Suji, whose eyes are now swollen and red.

"Unnie.... p-please..... I want to hear his voice again....."

For the first time, I heard her voice after two days of silence....

I suddenly feel my eyes getting watery. Suji's trembling hands holding onto my wrist made me drop the remote on the floor.

I stared at Suji longer than I should

"Of course, Suji-ya." And with that, I sat beside her, and together, we faced the large screen in front of us.

Interviewer: Well then, without further a do, let's hear it from BTS!

The audience applauds. Soon, the sound of the piano was heard at the beginning.

I gulped, knowing the next thing that's about to happen.

Author's POV:

As soon as Jungkook started singing, Suji's body began to break down in pain.

The tears kept coming back, and it's slowly becoming a normal habit of hers. Euna scooted closer and gave Suji a comforting hug when she lost control of her sobbings.

And just when we thought things will get better, what happened was the opposite when Suji listened to the lyrics of the song.....

"Why are you getting farther away? So far that I can't reach you?....."

"Love is so painful
Goodbyes are even more painful,
I can't go on if you're not here,

Love me, love me, Come back to my arms..."

The lyrics didn't just contain words....it contained memories.

Realizing it, Suji's crying worsened, remembering all the precious and the hurtful memories she and Jungkook shared.

Euna noticed Suji bury her head over her shoulder as she hugged her, "shhh... It'll be okay Suji-ya..." Euna whispered, caressing her back. Suji, on the other hand, let the tears fall as she listened to Jungkook singing.

That voice that she craved for so much, she was able to hear it again...

That handsome face that she missed every day, she was able to see it again....

She's glad to watch him succeed,

Although, no matter how many videos she watched of him, or how many of his songs she listened to....

Still, It won't bring him back to her.

"I....missed him so much, unnie..." Suji whimpered, her voice waivering.

Sometimes, she even wonders.... Does he miss her too?

Suji wanted to slap herself for thinking about him too much, because the more she thinks, the more painful it gets. And the more she tries to stop, the more he comes back to her mind.

"....why does life have to be this cruel?!" Suji sobbed, causing Euna to hug her tighter, with tears forming in her eyes "There there, Suji-ya....we'll be here for you... Everything will be alright..." Euna comforted, which made Suji calm down a bit, although the pain still remains.

How long has it been since she last smiled?

She told herself that she'll be strong today.

But turns out it was just another one of those lies she kept telling herself every single day....

The moment she heard his voice, she knew she wouldn't make it.

But she still chose to hear it despite the tremendous pain she's about to feel.

"Love is not over"

The song said, over and over too....

This form of hope....

Why is she suddenly feeling it....

Her eyes are beginning to get heavy. And despite all the tears flowing, a faint smile subconsciously appeared on her face, after a very long time.

Love is not over....she thought

If that phrase is true then.... She'll be waiting for the day....

The day where their eyes will meet again for the very first time...

Where she'll run back into his arms...

And nothing will be able to break them apart....ever.

Even though the chances of those happening is a bit slim,

She still ended up believing in the end.

After all, love is not over...

"Love is......not over...." Suji whispered before drifing away completely.

___________________________________

A/N: arghhh finally i finished it. So let's pretend that love is not over is released in 2016 for the sake of this story 😂

Sorry it took so long 😭, I had to revise alot of things because I wasn't satisfied, but now I am!

Sigh, I know, it's also very sad for me to imagine Jungkook and Halla suffering because of what happened. But who knows, maybe good things will happen in the future 😊 (p.s. only a few chapters are left and i'm really excited to write the next ones)

Btw, let's get our hopes high shields! Euna mentioned that she and minju had dinner together and talked about the ark, euna said they may be able to bring us good news in the future and has high hopes 😁 (i'm screaming)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 184 22
The saga continues. Jungkook learns more about himself and his family, as he, Jimin and Taehyung try to put out the fires of their issues and the dra...
904K 40.6K 34
In which Taehyung keeps Jungkook's hoodie after they break up. Top!Kook Bottom!Tae Includes yoonminseok and namjin This is a trial st...
1.5K 175 31
How a fresher falls in love with her leader and the same with the leader
2.2K 164 38
BTS. they ran together, all seven of them, making memories with each other before they inevitably got caught and locked away from the cruel and unfai...