Famous

By ellemoira

(completed) Only five people per section make it to Famous every five years... *** Famous is no longer just a... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Epilogue

18

208 32 11
By ellemoira

The next day, Vina and I are excused from work all day for practice and run throughs for our musical.

In a week, it'll be mid November and we'll have our first audience.

Before the Christmas Miracle performance, we have another musical. Wicked. It may be old, but it's a classic.

Vina and I enter the auditorium and Ray, our director, sees us.

"Vine and Belle! My talented girls. Come in and let us begin!" He shouts with a smile.

I don't know he manages to look so happy while shouting from across the room, but he pulls it off.

Vina and I head down the aisles till we reach the first row. We drop off our bags and head up on stage.

"Alright. From the top. I want emotion, magic, drama! Move me!" Ray shouts.

We all scramble into place.

The music starts and the narrator speaks.

I wonder what it's like to be a narrator. To carry the story and serve as the backbone for everyone's roles.

"Alphaba and Glinda."

The music that officially starts the story begins and we all act and dance accordingly.

In about an hour, we're done with the first run through.

"I think we've got it down." Ray says. "But, we still need some more polishing. I need more clean steps. Unity, as you dance. You must be one. Not just ten people dancing, but ten people dancing as one."

We go through the entire thing again and this time, we get a resounding applause from Ray and the others watching us.

"That should win a standing ovation." Ray announces happily.

We all take a break and I sit with Vina on a bench.

"How're you holding up?" I ask her, not looking at her but staring ahead. It's been a week or two since Carson left but I know Vina's still hurting.

We're roommates after all, and I can hear her cries and prayers.

"I'm okay, I guess." She sighs. "Actually, not really. It hurts you know? Expecting so much? Like imagine fan-girling over a guy, a celebrity, and you know that you're probably never gonna have a chance with him even if you're famous too. But then all of a sudden, a miracle happens and you do end up liking each other. It felt so magical and wonderful. I guess I should've known something so good that happened too fast wouldn't last long." She takes another deep breath. "But I'm also looking on the bright side and accepting that God is teaching me a lesson and that I'm strong enough, with Him, to get through this."

"First heartbreaks must be tough." I say quietly.

She nods and takes out a sandwich.

My phone buzzes and I receive a text.

Belle, like I said, I'm sorry. I realize now how I hurt you all and how I must've ruined our friendship. Can I make it up to you? Victoria doesn't keep her end of deals.

I take deep breaths.

Should I trust him?

Vina looks over at me and raises an eyebrow.

I show her the text.

She seems to hesitate. "I wish I could advise you on this but with my heart messed up, I can't seem to choose what should be done."

I smile and give her a hug. "Don't pressure yourself into giving me advice. But take mine. You need to relax and get some more you time."

She laughs. "Definitely."

I stand up and call Felicia.

"Belle?"

"Felicia, something's up. Carson just texted me asking if he could prove to me that he's sorry. He says that Victoria doesn't keep her end in deals and that he realizes that he must have hurt us."

The other end of the line is silent for a few moments.

"Meet him." Felicia says.

"W-what?" I ask.

"Meet him. Let him do what he wants to. But keep your eyes and ears open. Notice everything. This is no simple request. Worst case scenario is there must be something bigger behind this. Carson can't just betray us and come back like it's nothing." She explains.

I agree and end the call.

I go back to Vina and explain what Felicia said.

"That does seem right." Vina says.

Don't say must have. You did hurt us. Especially Vina. And you better not waste this second chance of yours because anyone who hurts someone I care about gets dealt with.

I put my phone on silent mode and leave it in my bag.

Since Ray is satisfied with our Wicked performance, we move on to the Christmas Miracle.

Ray called the cast and director for the show and they arrived just as we finished our break.

"Alright everyone. The Christmas Miracle is a big production and everyone must work harder." Ray says.

We fall into place on stage and allow the new director and choreographer to watch us perform Wicked one last time.

According to Ray, this is how they'll choose which dancers and performers to perform certain scenes for the Christmas Miracle.

At the end, the Christmas Miracle team claps and gives us a standing ovation.

"For a group that's only practiced in a month or so, that was spectacular!" The director says.

We all smile proudly.

"I see that our team will be having some talented new members. I am honored to be directing such a talented group." She says. "I am Polly. And I hope we all get along and get this production done with excellence."

She introduces us to the new choreographer, Gina, and they go through the script and story line.

We spend the rest of the day learning the first scene.

"I'm so glad we're doing this. Not just because it's such a big production and it'll help us, but it's a good distraction and area of growth." Vina tells me as we take our water break.

"Yeah. I know we're gonna learn and improve a lot."

After drinking from my water bottle, I take a look at my phone to check the time, but instead see a text.

See you tomorrow at the flower fields.

I suck in my breath and head back to practice.

By ten pm, we're finished and everyone is exhausted.

"I'm excited to get home." I exclaim as Vina and I take our bikes from the rack.

We've been biking recently to everywhere we need to go.

"Me too." She says.

We hurriedly bike back to our apartment.

In front of the door is a brown package. I take it and we head inside.

Vina changes and gets our late dinner ready while I open the package.

3 pm. At the rentals for boats. Wear this.

I scrunch my face. Is he serious?

The dress is floral and actually pretty. But why would he buy me a dress and make me wear it? He must know this isn't a romantic thing. So what is he doing?

I show Vina and she agrees that something's up.

We pray, eat dinner, and have a little night talk about anything and everything that comes to mind. Vina and I have become closer through these night talks.

We then pray and say goodnight.

God, help us. Help me tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.1K 2.9K 30
When Lisa Manoban, a newly qualified dance instructor, is hired to work at YG she is both delighted and determined to prove to be a success in the in...
245K 5.9K 28
Lisa lost her parents after she graduated college, all their wealth was taken by his mother's step brother and wasted all of it on gambling. Leaving...
148 0 12
Wattpad has taken over peoples lives. No one knew that if you sign up on Wattpad that you have to keep reading otherwise if you don't read and wait t...
1.9M 89.8K 138
Note : VERY FIRST BOOK OF MINE WITH LOTS OF GRAMMAR MISTAKE AND SPELLING MISTAKE. UNEDITED Nivedhitha is a fun going, lovely , chubby girl who doesn...