The Heirs (Unedited)

By smilingsky

I'll be writing this book based on the popular Korean Drama, 'The Heirs'. *Update* This book was originally... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 19

1.5K 49 4
By smilingsky

*Author's POV*

It all seems too familiar, all in a bad way. The same rush to the hospital, the same hectic scene in the emergency room, the same anxious feeling he had felt before.

Young Do pushes his way through the nurses and patients who were in his way, running towards to operation room where Kim Tan, Kim Won and Hyo Shin who had been waiting for outside for awhile now. Hyo Shin being the first person Kim Tan contacted, the only person he could think of. Chan Young and Bo-na were on their honeymoon.

"How is she?" Young Do asked Hyo Shin who was leaning against the wall. He was the one that called Young Do.

Hyo Shin shook his head, "We're not sure yet."

On cue, a surgeon exits the operation room with a nurse following behind him with a clipboard, turning all attention towards him.

Kim Tan rushes to him, "How is my wife?" His eyes held a pleading look, hoping Eun Sang would be fine though deep in his mind, there was a voice saying quietly that something has already gone wrong. Nothing will be fine.

The surgeon shook his head, "The car impact had caused quite a bit of damage, she had lost a lot of blood. Unfortunately," He paused, a solemn look on his wrinkled face, "Due to the blood loss, it would be dangerous if we were to operate with the fetus in her body." His last few words echoed in Kim Tan's head. Every single repeat of those words, he felt something shatter within him.

"What do you mean, Doctor?" Kim Won frowned.

"Chances of the fetus surviving during the surgery is very slim. We need permission from the guardian to allow the surgery to carry on." He informs gravely. He takes the clipboard from the nurse and hands it to them, "The guardian of the patient will need to sign the consent form for us to begin, the sooner the better."

"Is there no way to keep them both?" Kim Won voiced the question that was in Kim Tan's mind.

The doctor shook his head. Young Do faced the wall, slamming his hand against the concrete with force. Kim Tan reaches for the pen, his eyes cold as ice as he signed it.

"Please save my Wife."

Those were the only words he could say. He sat on the chair, rubbing his hands over his face again and again. He didn't know what to think. What to say. All he could do, was to make sure his Wife was being saved.

Footsteps could be heard pattering towards the group of man, Mrs Kim's eyes were teary from worrying while Eun Sang's mother was moving ahead of her. She sees Kim Tan, shaking him vigorously as if to ask what happened.

Kim Tan kept his head down, squeezing his eyes tightly, unsure of how he would break the news.

Where's Eun Sang? She signed furiously, wanting answers right away. What happened?

"Eun Sang's inside," Kim Won answers hesitantly upon understanding what she was trying to convey. "Her car was hit by an oncoming truck at the cross junction." He explained, leaving out certain details of the accident. An oncoming truck had hit Eun Sang's car when she ran the red light upon speeding down the road. The car had flipped over on its back, glass windows shattered into bits and pieces, smoke was rising from the engine. The only good part about it was that the car hadn't exploded which made the situation just a tinge less hectic. But that didn't calm anyone down.

It was chaos. The sirens. The constant shouts from Kim Tan as he tried to get Eun Sang out, her face scrunched in pain when she regained slight consciousness. The scene was bloody.

Eun Sang's Mother's legs gave out slightly, hoping to know that her Daughter would be fine. Kim Won assisted her to the chair. "How is she? Is she okay? Is the baby okay?" Mrs Kim questioned frantically.

Everyone who heard the doctor's words earlier tensed at her question. How were they to answer that? How were they to tell her that the baby's gone?

Kim Tan avoided looking at her while Kim Won was the next one she targetted for answers. The latter only shook his head, hanging his head low.

A confused look flashed across Mrs Kim face before she falls to her feet, Hyo Shin and Kim Won rushed to help her up.

"How did this happen? What did you do, Kim Tan? Why did she run out of the house like that?" She cried, hitting her Son who was at her side with her weak fists.

Young Do turned around to Kim Tan, all the frustration and anger in him rolling off in waves. "You bastard!" He grabbed him roughly by the collar, about to swing his fist but was stopped before it made contact with Kim Tan by Hyo Shin.

"Deal with this somewhere else, this is a hospital, Young Do." Hyo Shin warned him, separating the two. Young Do kept his grip on the shirt, not letting go. Just as he was about to board the plane, he received a call from Hyo Shin saying Eun Sang had been involved in a serious car accident. Without even thinking, he rushed out and hailed the first cab he could get to the hospital.

He swore to god that if anything that happened to Eun Sang because of Kim Tan, he would kill him. Using force, Young Do drags Kim Tan to the staircase exit where he could talk, or much rather, shout in anger. Kim Won who was about to go after them but was stopped by Hyo Shin, "I know it's wrong but let him. It's not the first time." Which the older male only looked at Hyo Shin in confusion.

The door slammed close loudly behind them, the sound echoing through the stairs leading towards the different floors of the hospital. Kim Tan who had his eyes on the ground, he leaned against the wall pathetically, mind blank as a paper left untouched.

Placing both hands on his hips, Young Do asked, "What are you going to do now?"

Not a word escapes from the man who remained stoic.

"Divorce? Or continue this marriage of torture for Eun Sang?"

He doesn't respond once again.

"Again. You let her get hurt. Why continue torturing her like this?" Young Do shoved Kim Tan.

"This isn't the first time you did something and caused her pain." Young Do gritted through his teeth, shoving him once more, "Do you not feel guilt?" He let out a sarcastic laugh, "She's going to end up killing herself because of you one day."

Then the words hit him.

"What do you mean? What are you talking about?"

Young Do landed a punch across Kim Tan's face, busting the side of the latter's bottom lip.

"Eun Sang knew about your plaything from a very early stage, you bastard!"

"What?"

"She knew about your affair. She saw you with that Mistress of yours on the streets on one of the nights you never went home!"

Kim Tan's eyes widened, unaware of these facts.

"She knew everything. Yet, she still pretended to be okay! Before that very damn day you flew to meet your Mistress, she tried to keep you here. She tried to talk to you but you brushed her off and left immediately! Eun Sang did everything she could to keep you next to her but you still left, what kind of husband are you?" Young Do breathes heavily, his chest heaving up and down so quickly one could see the anger and frustration present.

"That crazy girl, after keeping everything to herself, collapsed in your apartment because she wouldn't eat or drink, she already pregnant at that time! Yet, you, the one who always chased after what was in front of you and forget people who cared, left Eun Sang alone." Young Do finished, feeling his anger go down only by a little. "Maybe if you chose a family instead of business and a useless fling, maybe if you had been more loving of a husband and less selfish of a bastard, nothing would have resulted in today." He hissed, turning around to head back to where the waiting area was.

To say Kim Tan felt guilty was an understatement.

A stupid affair he had because he was blinded for that short moment. A stupid action because he was blinded for the money coming from his business. A stupid Husband he was to have led their relationship down this route without knowing.

A moron who didn't know better.

Sliding down the wall, the words replayed in his head again. Again. And again.

"What have I done?"
-------

*Author's Note*
Sorry for the slow updates, this book has been here for a year now, and I'm still not done with it. Almost but, I want to finish it soon!

The book isn't edited completely so forgive me if there's mistakes.

By the way, I'm not sure if you readers have realised but I've changed my username, so the covers of my books are slowly changing to fit the change due to the fact that the wattpad covers' ad is so terrible to use, they lost all my hard work of editing book covers. I just wanna say that don't get surprised because of the new cover. The writer didn't change. (Unfortunately she's still slowly updating.)
-Smiles: )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 688 15
A Betting Game in which Instead of Horses...it's Humans... Lives at Stake at Every Passing Round A Life Sacrificed, More Money Earned 6 GAMES - 456 P...
57.4K 617 28
After you bought another company in South Korea, you decided to settle down there. You never thought you would become one of the richest men in the c...
108K 1K 62
Basically Ateez BxB OneShots just for Atiny don't read this if you can't handle graphic things read at your own risk I'm gonna let you know now I'm...
140 8 5
✩- This the second story i wrote and please read it .My recent story is woosan's story and the main ship was them but this time i made a seongjoong o...