Brooklyn's Break In #1 | ✔

By starsatmidnight_

Highest #294 in ChickLit before rated MATURE 🔞 S E X U A L C O N T E N T 🔞 Read at your own risk Br... More

ᵒᶰᵉ
ᵗʷᵒ
ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ
ᶠᵒᵘʳ💦
ᶠᶤᵛᵉ💦
ˢᶤˣ
ˢᵉᵛᵉᶰ
ᶰᶤᶰᵉ
ᵗᵉᶰ💦
ᵉˡᵉᵛᵉᶰ
ᵗʷᵉˡᵛᵉ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗᵉᵉᶰ
ᶠᵒᵘʳᵗᵉᵉᶰ
ᶠᶤᶠᵗᵉᵉᶰ💦
ˢᶤˣᵗᵉᵉᶰ
ˢᵉᵛᵉᶰᵗᵉᵉᶰ
ᵉᶤᵍʰᵗᵉᵉᶰ
ᶰᶤᶰᵉᵗᵉᵉᶰ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᵒᶰᵉ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᵗʷᵒ💦
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᶠᵒᵘʳ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᶠᶤᵛᵉ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ˢᶤˣ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ˢᵉᵛᵉᶰ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᵉᶤᵍʰᵗ
ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᶰᶤᶰᵉ💦
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᵒᶰᵉ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᵗʷᵒ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᶠᵒᵘʳ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᶠᶤᵛᵉ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ˢᶤˣ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ˢᵉᵛᵉᶰ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᵉᶤᵍʰᵗ
ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᶰᶤᶰᵉ
ᶠᵒᵘʳᵗʸ
epilogue
trivia
New Story Idea: checklist

ᵉᶤᵍʰᵗ

2.2K 83 1
By starsatmidnight_

"Ms Reid, what are you doing down here," a deep voice came from behind her, "your office is upstairs."

Brooklyn turned around and gave him a lazy smile. "Oh, Mr Woods, it's you. Gimme a minute," she huffed, stretching her legs that were placed on the table before dropping it back on the floor. She stood up, and thankfully she wasn't woozy anymore.

"What are you doing," he repeated.

Instead of relating the question to her situation, Brooklyn thought back to her first day at work where he had said that when they were in the restrooms, doing inappropriate things. "Cleaning up?"

"Be serious, Ms Reid."

She could sense that he was frustrated with her answer, but then there was that smirk that says otherwise. "Do you really want me to?"

"No."

"That's what I thought, Sir."

"I want to recreate that scene instead," he said huskily, grabbing her wrist and pulling her along with him into his private elevator.

The metal doors closed behind them and he pushed her against the wall aggressively. The air knocked out of her lungs and she felt the cool of the metal hit her bare back. She was wearing one of her new purchases that he had bought for her.

"Do you know what you do to me, Ms Reid," his rough voice asked, tracing the side of her face. One finger wandered to the bottom of her chin and he tilted it up.

Brooklyn wanted to give in to his intentions, but she way still tired for that kind of action. "Nuh-uh. Not today, mister," she pulled his hand off.

"What did you just say to me?" he leaned his face closer to hers.

Oh, déjà vu. Why does it feel like he says that every time they are close to doing the dirty. Or...suggesting, but whatever.

She pushed at his chest to get some distance between them."I said, no. And this time I mean it." 

Better be exhausted than be screwed.

He scoffed. "And why is that."

Her attempt to get him further seemed to be futile as he was still approaching. Mr Woods was not a man that takes 'no' lightly as an answer. If he wanted her under him, then that's what he would get.

"I had a long day," she replied nonchalantly.

"The day barely started."

"Say that again when you walked approximately 2.8 kilometers to get to work."

For a moment there, his act changed. He looked at her funny, like he doesn't quite believe her words. "Don't lie to me, Ms Reid."

"Why would I lie to you."

"Manners."

"Sir. Why would I lie to you, Sir," she sassed. 

Mr Woods was still eyeing her. There was absolutely no way she could've walked such a long distance. She wouldn't. "That's a good point. Why would you lie to me," he had a thoughtful look. "So you really walked?"

"Yes, Sir."

Whatever game she was playing, it wasn't ending anytime soon. She was certain with her answer, she stood her ground. Her eyes showed perseverance, strength that showed that she would not back down.

"And why's that. Don't you have a car? Or you couldn't have called a cab?"

He was well aware of her financial status, and he knew all her properties and possessions. As a CEO, he needs to know the background of all his employees, make sure that no one is suspicious and could potentially pose as a threat.

She was getting angry with him, and her self control thinned. Anyone that makes a comment about her stature was an enemy in her heart. If how he achieved success was his boiling point, then hers would be money.

The elevator dinged.

She stomped out, making a scene. "Cab didn't come, Sir."

"I could've picked you up," he suggested.

"I'm sure that's not in the contract," she fired back. Brooklyn was sick and tired of this man thinking that she was a damsel in distress. She isn't. She doesn't need him looking out for her all the time.

He glared at her. "If you want it to be, it can happen."

"No."

"Okay," he nodded to himself, "It's settled. Monica, get me the contract for Brooklyn Reid," he gave an order to his secretary. 

"Right away, Mr Woods." Monica scrambled from her desk and into the lift, probably to get to the floor that kept the contract her boss wanted.

Brooklyn watched Monica leave, and she turned back to him, "You're despicable," she spat.

"You're infuriating."

•••

From: Asher Woods
To: Brooklyn Reid

Come to my office. Now.

Bloody arrogant asshole.

Brooklyn pushed herself up from her relaxed position and entered his office without so much as a knock. "How can I be of assistance, Sir."

"Sign this," he pushed a stack of paper towards her, opened to a particular page. It was the same contract she signed the first day. The one that she should have read but didn't.

The very same one that would tell her the exact things she was hired to do. To the last detail.

She crossed her arms over her chest. "No," she said defiantly.

Brooklyn wouldn't sign those papers - not without at least reading them this time. She wanted him to know how much she was against his proposition. But despite that, she couldn't help but notice his gazed move towards her cleavage. She was wearing a low-cut.

"Ms Reid," he said in warning. "Do I need to repeat myself."

Her arms failed up in exasperation. This man was a piece of work she didn't sign up for. "By all means, please do."

He growled. "You will sign it, Miss Reid. Now."

"I said, no," she sneered. "I don't want to be your charity, Sir, and I won't be!"

"No one said you were," he said, "Ms Reid, see this as a form of a friend giving a gift to another friend. Nothing more."

"You mean a boss giving his broke fuck buddy? Sure."

He closed his eyes and breathed in through his mouth. In. Out. In. Out. "Those words did not come from my mouth."

"Fuck you," she spat.

"You already did."

Mr Woods stood up and sighed. He walked towards her, "Ms Reid, this is not charity. I want to help you," he said. "This contract only state that I will provide you a ride to work everyday. It would be like taking a bus, only with lesser passengers and a nicer ride."

"Do you do this for all your employees?"

"No," he said, telling the truth, "but I figured my PA deserves some additional benefits."

"What part of this don't you understand, Sir. I don't want additional benefits. I'm fine on my own," she said, trying to convince him. But what she doesn't know was that she was also trying to convince herself.

He stepped closer. "Say that to the...2.8 kilometers, was it? That you walked this morning. Because it's telling me a different story."

"That was a one time thing," she aggravated. "Beside, you're clearly making this up. 2.8km can't talk!"

"So what if I am! If you can't accept it then at least accept my offer," he persuaded, "no charity, no boss-employee relationship, just a friend offering help. Not to a damsel, just a friendly gesture."

Mr Woods seemed somewhat desperate for her accept. Although he wouldn't admit to that. If she at least had someone to take her to the office everyday, that's one less employee he had to worry about for their safety.

"Fine," she broke her resolve, "so what if I agree."

"If you accept my offer, I will have a driver pick you up from your house every working day," he told her. "It will ensure that you will not have to walk to this establishment again."

"And to compensate?"

"I will take whatever you offer, Ms Reid."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 40.3K 80
♤♤ MATURE CONTENT warning ♤♤ • • • He's charming. He's handsome, hot as f*ck, talented, charismatic. People hang on to his every word. A bachelor, st...
15M 705K 59
When Hailey Evans, an aspirant employee of the marketing department in one of the most wealthiest companies in the states finds herself in trouble wi...
223K 12.1K 40
An ambitious Indian-American CEO mixes business with pleasure when she finds a hot-headed investor for a new venture. However, when forces threaten t...
185K 1.9K 29
Aiden x Sophia "Secrets pulled them apart but are they strong enough to overcome them" ............... Stuck between the past and the present, both...