Famous

By ellemoira

(completed) Only five people per section make it to Famous every five years... *** Famous is no longer just a... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Epilogue

16

211 28 8
By ellemoira

Today is the day of the fashion show.

"God, you've been there for me. Even when I forget about you. Please help me through this. I wouldn't be here without you. This is all for you." I pray.

I sigh. I haven't been praying or spending much time with God lately. I have been reading my Bible and doing my daily journaling. But it's not enough.

I look at myself in the mirror, checking this dress I designed myself. It's a navy blue and black fitting gown.

I take deep breaths. I can do this. I have to.

"Belle?"

I turn around and see Trevor smiling at me. "You look beautiful." He says.

I smile at him and thank him. Trevor's become my third brother.

Speaking of brothers, "Where's Mark and Axle?" I ask.

The door opens just in time to reveal my two brothers in tuxedos.

"I'm glad you finally notice us." Axle says, shaking his head. "You haven't been noticing us this past week. We've literally been ignored body guards."

I rush to hug them both. "I'm sorry."

Mark tries to ruffle my hair but then thinks better of it since it took a while for me to fix my hair.

"You'll do great." Trevor says, noticing my long and worried stare at the door.

Mark puts his arm around me. "It's already given. Belle's the best at what she loves doing."

Axle nods along happily.

The three escort me backstage where one of the stage crew hands me a microphone.

I take more deep breaths.

"Good luck, Belle. You'll do great."
I turn around to see Carson smiling at me. "I left a note on your table."

I smile.

I look at Mark and Axle who stand on both sides of the curtain to watch me, as I walk out.

They both give me a thumbs up and encouraging smiles.

The crowd applauds and cheers as I make my way down the runway and stand at the center.

"As most of you know, this is my first fashion show showcasing my designs from my very first fashion line, Miracles." I say. The crowd applauds louder. "And just as Ralph Lauren once said, 'fashion is about something that comes from within you.' I do hope you get a taste of who my team and I are as you witness this show. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show."

The crowd gets louder as cameras flash and I walk back.

The walk seems to take forever. One foot in front of the other. I tell myself. I've done runways before. I can do it now.

Once I'm backstage, I exhale a deep breath I hadn't noticed I was holding.

Trevor claps me on the back and Mark and Axle give me hugs.

"So far, so good." I say.

We watch the event go by through a screen located near my dressing room.

Vina walks out first as the music starts. Raised the way we were, Vina and I shouldn't have a hard time slaying a runway. Especially her.

She knows just how fast or slow she should walk to capture everyone's attention. Her poses are stunning and the pictures taken must have captured a true angel.

The other models follow suit. My two friends opened the show since they wanted to, plus they have more experience. Like I already said.

"How long do these things usually take?" Axle asks.

I give him a look. "Axle, haven't you been to a fashion show? You're a bodyguard of my parents. You must've at least been to one."

He shrugs then tenses up. "I haven't been to any of our parents' fashion shows or those they were invited to."

My eyes widen and my mouth shuts. We look around and Mark casually rubs my back.

"Be glad no one heard that." He whispers.

I nod, realizing too late how anyone could've asked what I meant by Axle being a bodyguard of my parents when we're supposed to be siblings.

I internally slap myself.

Another thirty minutes go by as the next section of outfits are showcased.

Just as the last model walks back in, the music and lights goes off. After a few flickers, the lights come back on, but everyone is silent.

Then someone's mocking applause rings throughout the room.

Everyone backstage shares confused looks. Then everyone looks at me.

I recompose myself and put on a calm expression. I must not be rattled or nervous.

I walk out on stage with Mark and Axle on both side of me. Though they're a few feet away.

The crowd is casting looks everywhere till all eyes land on me.

I look over at the dj and see that he's struggling with the music.

I look around casually and smile warmly.

Before I can address the crowd that there must be some minor malfunction, a lady's voice starts speaking, catching everyone's attention.

"Miss Belle, your fashion show is quite admirable. But I must say, I can take this no longer."

The voice sends chills down my spine.

The woman stands up and those of high stature gasp at the sight of such a well known lady.

The crowd whispers, wondering what in the world could she mean. I admit that I'm wondering the same thing.

"Though you could've pulled this off, I must address those here and watching that this fashion show, is a copy. A fraud." She announces proudly, the evil gleam in our eyes challenging anyone to oppose.

The crowd gasps and looks between me and her.

My expression remains calm though my inner self wants to burst. How dare she declare my original designs a copy.

God, please help me. Give me wisdom. I pray.

"Miss Victoria, may I ask why you would declare such a thing?" I ask politely.

I know the power and influence she holds over the audience. And she does too.

"My dear, please don't tell me you forgot everything we talked about? You work for me and that I shared everything I could with you." She says, feigning hurt. She points at the curtain behind me. "Those designs. I did those designs. I shared them with you that day you visited me. And what do I et for sharing? A fashion show with you getting all the credit!"

Most of the crowd shares disapproving looks while some are confused and uncertain.

"Miss Victoria, I assure you that these are all my originals. How could I ever have copied your designs if I never visited your office or shared a nice conversation with you?" I ask as innocently as possible.

The crowd looks back and forth, not sure who to believe.

"Miss Victoria, if you need proof, I'm sure the cctv cameras of my office can show all the nights I've stayed up late, some not even getting any sleep, just to balance all the tasks I have to do as well as arranging this show. If you disapprove of my designs, feel free  simply tell me or leave the room. I don't plan to offend anyone with what I do, for this is what I love doing." I say, all sincerity and pleading evident in my voice. I clear my throat and address the crowd. Many cameras are still rolling and I have to save this show. If not for me, for all the people who've hard for this. "As for the audience, it is up to you on what you want to believe. The truth will come out eventually. So no matter what you say, I know what is true. My team and I have worked hard for this to be pulled off. I do hope you find it in your hearts to admire and appreciate what we've done. Thank you."

The room goes quiet as I walk back to where Mark and Axle stand at the center of the runway. The floor length silver curtain is parted, and I see Mandy and Honey smiling at me. Vina and Trevor, Felicia and Mallorie as well. I take a deep breath and smile back at them.

My little family. All here for me.

"I sure hope you know what you're doing, Belle. Anyone who crosses me, regrets it."

I turn on my heel and raise my chin, daring anyone else to look me in the eyes. Thankfully, only she does.

"I do know what I'm doing. I'm doing what I love. And if you can't understand what it means to be passionate about what you love, then I suggest you find another fashion show to spoil because it seems like what you love doing is not accomplishing your dreams, but spoiling other people's."

I turn around and walk back the runway.

Mark puts a hand on my back as the curtain closes behind us.

Felicia gives me a tight hug. "I'm sorry, Belle. You should not have been there alone." She sighs. "But you had to do it alone all the same."

I nod. "It's okay."

Everyone hugs me, and I thank them for their support.

"Miss Belle? Will we still do the final run?" Lily, a young model asks.

I give her a smile. "The show must go on, musn't it?"

She nods and smiles happily, leading the other models away.

The show goes on and to my relief, no one has left the show. Except for Victoria.

Once the show finishes, the audience claps and gives a standing ovation. A standing ovation! Who would've thought I'd get a standing ovation?

***
An hour after the last guests leave, I sit on the couch in my dressing room, relaxing under the soothing massage Trevor's giving me.

Vina and Honey sit across from me, talking and laughing like old friends. I smile at the two. I'm glad they get along.

Mark and Axle are standing on either side of the doorway talking to Felicia and Mandy.

Mallorie's sitting in front of my table, trying to take some selfies. I don't blame her. The lighting, her makeup, and dress are all on point.

A knock comes from the door and Mark opens.

I notice Mallorie jump up from her chair while Felicia's face just explodes with pure joy.

Daniel Flynn walks in and we watch the little family reunion.

After picking up our fallen jaws at the sight of the Daniel Flynn, Vina, Trevor, Honey, and I greet the celebrity.

He grips my hand firmly with both of his. "Miss Belle, you did great out there. Not only were those designs exquisite, but the way you answered Victoria was like a true professional."

I smile gratefully at his comment and thank him.

"Well, if you all don't mind, I'd like to take you all out for dinner." He says, smiling as he studies every one of us in the room. "And since you're all in fancy clothing, let's eat somewhere fancy, eh?"

We all agree excitedly.

And then all of a sudden, I realize why I kept glancing around as if I missed something.

"Where's Carson?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.6K 1K 27
what happens when you get an opportunity to live your dreams but you dont want to be tied up to anything or anyone and harry decides that his career...
535K 13.2K 44
"So Miss Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, will you marry me? I look at her intensely." -LM A JENLISA FF :) -bossT
28.6K 677 29
Lisa, Jennie, Two people, With two different lives Together. What will happen?
243K 11.1K 53
It is said "The Karma never looses an address!" Same happened with our main protagonist Abhimanyu Roy Kapoor, the young 26 years old dashing politic...