The Cold Never Bothered Me An...

By renrose_

A car crash. Memory loss. Dead parents. Elsa Arendelle's life is full of bumps and surprises. But she and he... More

The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Author's Note
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Author's Note
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Author's Note
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Author's Note
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

Chapter 24

158 6 0
By renrose_

Elsa's POV

**********

I feel the soft, powdery blanket of snow beneath me. But not the cold. I sit up, and note that I'm on a tall mountain during a winter night. I know I'm in a flash back, because of many reasons, but one stands out the most.

I can see Jack Frost.

Now, he's not the Jack Frost from my world, even though they look exactly alike. I know that he is from this time because, well, he can't see me.

A feeling of sorrow creeps over me. I want to be with him again, I don't want to be invisible. But I guess that there are some things that you just can't change.

He soars over the mountain, and lands swiftly on the snow. Immediately he begins to walk around, waving his staff around, and he begins to mutter words I can't really make out. He looks at the moon, his face filled with sorrow. I can hear the next words that come out of his mouth,"Why me?"

His voice is so pained and his face so sorrowful that I feel everything crumble inside of me. I want to help him, I want to do something, but I can't.

I look down the mountain and see a figure walking up. She has blonde hair, and she is wearing a very familiar dress. It's the same one I had worn at my coronation that didn't go so well.

Elsa has finally arrived.

Jack looks up too, and sees her walking. At first, his face only shows signs of curiosity, but eventually, it is filled with recognition and excitement.

"Elsa?" He asks in a whisper. But when she gets closer, he says louder,"Elsa!"

He flies towards her, and she walks straight towards him. He lands right in front of her, and says,"Elsa?" Again, a smile on his face.

But then the unexpected happens.

Elsa walks right through him, and that same pain fills his face, but times ten. Then I understand something. At this point, I'm like him and he's like me. I can't be seen. Just like him.

Suddenly, I realize how Jack's old life used to be like. It's like he is in a vision all the time, and only a few people can see him. I don't know why, but I'm determined to find out.

Elsa walks on, her back turned to Jack, who still hasn't turned to watch her. And when he does, she begins to sing a song. The same one at the party.

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight, not a foot print to be seen.

A kingdom of isolation, and it looks like, I'm the Queen.

I know right away that she's singing about Arendelle. Her face looks almost sad the whole time, but it also has a more just gloomy look.

The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside.

Couldn't keep it in

Heaven knows I've tried

Don't let them in

Don't let them see

Be the good girl you always have to be

Those last few lines send a pang through my chest, but I'm not sure why. And so does the first line of the next words she sings.

Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know

Well know they know!

Let it go

Let it go! Can't hold it back any more!

Let it go

Let it go! Turn my back and slam the door

I don't care, what they're going to say

Let the storm rage on

The cold never bothered me anyway.

Then, she takes hold of the cloak she has on, billowing behind her, and let's the wind take it away.

During that whole verse, she let's beautiful snowflakes fill the air around her as she begins to use her magic. Those words, "Let it go," seem familiar, but not just because of the song. But again, I can't seem to put my finger on it.

The next verse goes similar, but her powers look stronger here. She makes a bridge out of snow, and every step she takes turns it into ice. As she takes her first step, making the snow solid, she sings,

I'm free!

Let it go, let it go!

I am one with the wind and sky!

Let it go, let it go!

You'll never see me cry!

She is off of the bridge now, and she is standing on a big, open space of snow.

Here I stand, and here I'll stay

Let the storm rage on

From where she had stomp her foot hard onto the snow, which immediately turned to ice and spread out farther to become a huge snowflake, she uses her hands to bring up a building out of it.

It takes me a few seconds to realize that it's a castle, my castle. Now, her true power is displayed even more so here.

My power flurries through the air into the ground

My soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all around!

And one though crystallizes like an icy blast!

She takes off the crown she had been wearing, and stares at it angrily,

I'm never going back

The past is in the past!

She spins and throws the crown to who knows where. What she does next is even more shocking. I look down at my dress and hair as she takes out her wrapped around braid and begins to make a dress identical to mine.

Let it go, let it go!

And I'll rise like the break of dawn

Let it go, let it go!

That perfect girl is gone!

Here I stand! In the light of day!

Let the storm rage on!

The cold never bothered me anyway.

She turns and slams the doors behind her, (without touching them) and walks back inside. Then I am met by a shock. Jack Frost stands there, waiting expectantly for Elsa to see him. But she doesn't. She just stands there in the center of the room, staring into outer space, thinking about nothing.

Or that's what I thought.

She sits done on the floor and says sadly to herself,"I wish you were real," and pulls out a little snowflake. I don't know how it's not melted yet, but the words written on it are the real shocker. "Jack Frost" is written on them.

"No," says Jack, and he runs in front of her and crouches down,"I am real! You just have to open your eyes and see me! Please remember me! Those words! Let it go, remember? I always told you to do so when you were younger, and now you finally have! Please!" He reaches to her hand to grab it, but of course his hands go right through. His eyes look about ready to fill with tears as he says,"I'm sorry Elsa. I'm sorry I ever left you."

He gets up and turns away, but then I hear a small voice,"J-Jack? Is that you?"

He turns. And sees that Elsa's eyes are trained on him,"Elsa? You can see me? You remember me?"

She nods and says,"I heard your voice."

He sighs in relief and runs to her, and she walks quickly towards him. They hug, and she holds him tightly, shaking."Please don't ever leave me again."

He nods,"I promise."

Then, I hear a voice ring through the air, and it doesn't effect Elsa and Jack, so I know that only I can hear it. "Awe. They are back together. How cute!"

I turn and see the last person I want to see.

Pitch Black.

*•^•^•*•*•*•

Sorry it took me so long to update! You know, with all the fires going on, and finals this week. I'll update soon!

Lauren

For a moment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19K 862 36
This is an original story, plz don't steal Hiding away, Elsa felt that she hurt her sister too much, she could handle the pain, but soon it was too m...
266K 7.3K 30
When Elsa Queen was little she was popular, talented, athletic, and good at everything. After their parents died she gave it all up so her sister; An...
11.8K 420 13
"This is outrageous! How dare Pitch try something like that!" North roared. Jack Frost flinched slightly at the outburst. "And with me tied up here...
340K 10.4K 25
CURRENT WIP: REWRITE/EDIT OF ENTIRE BOOK! *5/20 chapters edited* - Meet Elsa Arendelle. She's one of the most popular girls in her high school, Ever...