Why ~Zach Herron~

By WhyDontWe_Dolan

*Sequel to I Depend On You* "Iris there's nothing that'll make him feel better. He needs to know the truth ab... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48(Part 1)
48(Part 2)
New Fanfics
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3
Bonus Chapter 4
Bonus Chapter 5

34

9.3K 227 122
By WhyDontWe_Dolan

Iris's P. O. V.

"Sorry Daniel, I have to take Kayla from you," I said pulling her up from their cuddle session on the couch.

"What? Why?" He whined.

"We have to go get our Halloween makeup," Kayla told him.

"What are you guys doing?" Zach asked, joining in on the conversation.

"We're just doing special effects. Hey Jack, is Nicole coming to the Halloween party?" I asked.

"Yeah, she hasn't been around in a while," Corbyn mentioned.

"Something always happens when she comes over so we just hang at her place. I invited her, but she has a modeling party or something." He sighed.

"Awe, sorry bro." Jonah patted him on the back.

"It's fine."

"Let's go, I wanna have time to get food," Kayla said.

"Food?" The guys asked.

"We'll bring you guys food on the way back," I said before grabbing my purse, kissing Wes and Zach, then leaving with Kayla behind me.

"Are you sure you can do this?" Kayla asked.

"I watched like ten videos, and Zach let me practice on him last night. Is his face ruined? No. Did it look amazing? Yes."

"Alright, I'm trusting you with my valuable face."

We drove to the Halloween store and went through the aisles grabbing a ton of stuff. When we finally found all the makeup, we couldn't help but stop in the candy aisle. We got a huge bag of sour patch kids and gummy worms.

"Ready to go?"

"Yeah, I'm starving," Kayla said stuffing her mouth full of candy.

We went to the check out lanes and paid for all of our stuff. We walked out, stopping for an autograph and picture, then made it to our car.

"Let's go somewhere," I blurted.

"What do you mean?"

"I feel like we never actually get time to just be best friends. We're always busy or with our boyfriends. Let's hang out as friends again."

"Okay, where to?"

"Remember when we used to go to the bowling alley almost everyday after school?"

"Yeah, we became like best friends with the workers. They eventually let us bowl for free. And we'd get free food."

"Those were the days."

"I remember Jesse was obsessed with one of the arcade games. He'd spend all his money on that one game, but he only ever won once."

"And the one time he did win, he used his tickets to buy me a stuffed bear."

"He told me that was the reason he played everyday. I told him that he should win you a bear, and when he did he asked you to be his girlfriend."

"I remember," I sighed.

"Then let's go bowling," Kayla laughed.

I nodded before turning on the radio and heading towards a bowling alley.

"How are classes going?" I asked.

"They're amazing. My professors all love me and the people in my theater class are so inspiring."

"That's great."

"Yeah, I thought it'd be kind scary since I was technically still a senior. I mean I got all of the credits over the summer, but I was younger. But al of the people welcomed me and thought it was so cool how the school offered me the opportunity."

"There isn't even any jealousy?" I asked.

"I thought that too, since no one has ever had the chance at this school before, but no one was like that. College is nothing like high school." She laughed.

"I need to finish my classes online. With Wes and everything, I just never had the time. I still have a semester left as a junior. And then my whole senior year."

"You can catch up. You can even like watch Wes while doing the classes."

"Yeah, I guess I've just forgotten. I'm trying to write more songs, but I guess high school should be first."

"Unfortunately," she joked.

We arrived at the bowling alley, and the fun started. We ordered root beer floats, just like old times, and bowled until the alley closed.

"And Iris goes for her last ball. She throws it directly down the middle, wait for it...wait for it...it's a strike!" Kayla said like a sports announcer. We jumped up in the air and celebrated my strike.

"I win! Haha you lost bitch!" I shouted, sticking my tongue out at Kayla. "Now you have to buy me dinner."

"Ugh fine."

"Excuse me ladies, but we're closing," a young worker said.

"Aww, fine we'll leave."

"You could come back tomorrow. I'll be here," he said with a wink.

"Sorry hon, we're both taken," I patted his shoulder before walking away, laughing with Kayla.

We got back to the car and our brains took us back to the real world. We both had thousands of calls and millions of texts from all five of the guys.

"I'll call Zach," I said starting the ignition.

"Okay."

I dialed Zach and as soon as it started ringing, he picked up.

"Iris! Are you okay? Why haven't you answered my calls or texts? Did something happen?" He asked.

"You sound worse than my mother." I laughed. "We're fine. Kayla and I went to a bowling alley and just got caught up in all the fun."

"Oh. I wish you would've called me or something. We've all been freaking out."

"Sorry. We just wanted a day to be ourselves again. We've been so caught up in our lives we never get to hang out and have fun anymore."

"Yeah, you guys deserve it."

"We'll stop and get food, we're on our way home." I said goodbye then hung up the phone. Kayla had texted Daniel to make sure he wasn't still freaking out.

"Wait," Kayla started. "I don't have to pay for everyone's food do I?"

"The guys can pay you back. But my food is on you."

"Fine," she scoffed.

We stopped at Chipotle and got food for everyone. When we got back, we were attacked by five hungry boys. They took almost all of the food and ate it all before we could even sit down eat ours.

"You're welcome," Kayla scoffed with a laugh at the end.

"Thank you!" The boys shouted, their mouths full of food.

"How's Wes?" I asked.

"He's already asleep."

"I meant how was he today."

"Oh, well we took him to the park. Worked on his walking, of course. Then Jonah, Corbyn, and I showed him how to play video games-"

"Iris, he's already a pro!" Corbyn exclaimed.

"I taught him how to play the keyboard," Daniel said.

"I showed him how I get my luscious curls," Jack added.

"He's gonna be a handful with you guys teaching him new things everyday." I shook my head.

"But he'll be perfect because you'll be teaching him things, too," Zach said.

"That was smooth." I laughed.

"Do I get anything for it?" I tapped my chin like I was thinking, then leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"Really?" He asked, pouting.

"Well-"

"Okay, let me stop you right there. We're trying to eat here," Jack interrupted. We all just laughed and finished with our food.

Kayla and I cleaned up the huge mess they left, before going into the living room.

"Let's have a movie night," Daniel suggested.

"I'm in," I said.

The others all agreed. Jonah, Corbyn, and Jack all put out blankets and pillows on the floor. Zach, Daniel, Kayla, and I claimed the couch. We put on a movie and all relaxed. Zach spread out across the couch, and I cuddled up next to him.

"We haven't done this in a while," Zach whispered to me.

"I know, I've missed it."

"I've missed this." He leaned in and gently pressed his lips to mine. I put my hand on his cheek and tried pulled him closer.

"Seriously?" Someone asked. Zach and I pulled apart to see Jack staring at us in disgust.

"We've literally been watching the movie for ten minutes and you're already making out," he said.

"Sorry." We laughed. I turned my head back to the big screen. Zach kissed my cheek, then joined in on the movie, too.

                            *****

A/n

Hope you liked it! Vote and comment, it means a lot. Love you guys!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

363K 7.7K 56
"Mine. Something you should be,but instead you chose her"
104K 2.2K 31
sʜᴇ ᴛʜɪɴᴋs sʜᴇ'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢᴇᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏʏ sʜᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇs.
166K 4.2K 52
༉‧₊˚✧ 𝘫𝘦 𝘷𝘰𝘪 𝘭𝘢 𝘷𝘪𝘦 𝘦𝘯 𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘦
282K 9.9K 73
᎒ ੈ ✩ ‧₊ ᎒ ࿐ 🎱♥️ 𝘗𝘙𝘖𝘔𝘐𝘚𝘌 IN WHICH he becomes the person he doesn't want to be and realised the mistake he made, determined to...