Black & Blue || Finnick Odair

By Cutehorse

'Do you hear the people sing? Singing a song of angry men. It is the music of the people who will not be slav... More

Summary
Epigraph
Prologue
Part I
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
Part II
13
14
15
16
17
18
Part III
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
Epilogue
BONUS CHAPTER I
BONUS CHAPTER II

20

5.7K 134 41
By Cutehorse

.=.=.=.=

.=.=.=.=

Venus laid on Finnick's chest, looking up at the roof as he played with her hair. She didn't speak, and hadn't spoken since her breakdown at the hospital which had been two days ago. Everyone was worried about her, including Katniss who had heard the whole thing after being admitted to the hospital with severe gunshot wounds. The girl hated herself for what she had done to everyone, how she had made everyone feel; especially Tommy, Finnick and Johanna.

She sighed before she sat up, running her hands through her hair. Venus stood, leaving Finnick without a word, moving to the bathroom where she sat on the edge of the bath tub. She stared out into the air, her fingers threaded through her hair as tears began to fall down her face. She was an emotional wreck. Her depression had hit back full force, causing each day to get harder and harder.

Finnick stood silently outside the doorway of the bathroom, listening to his girlfriend cry quietly; his hands bound into fists out of anger towards the Capitol. He closed his eyes as tears began to fall, wanting to be strong for Venus. The man released his hands from their fists and finally entered the small room, grabbing Venus' hands before gently pulling her up and into his chest; wrapping his arms securely around her.

'How about we go for a walk to take your mind off things?' He asked.

Venus shook her head, sniffling as she gripped his shirt in her hands.

'How about you have a sleep, then we'll think about going for a walk? Above ground?' He tried again.

The girl nodded then, tucking her head in the crook of his neck after he picked her up. She lay almost limp in his arms as he carried her, her breathing already slowing as she was lulled to sleep by his heartbeat. He placed her down on their bed, reaching down his kiss her forehead; leaving the door open a sliver. The man walked through the small apartment then, looking for the youngest Hereford who he found in his room, reading. Finnick sat down beside Tommy, the boy looking up at him curiously.

'Hey Fin,' Tommy greeted.

'Hey Tom,' He replied.

'What's up?'

'I wanted to ask you something.'

'Ok.'

.=.=.=.=

Venus' eyes looked around the vibrant green tree line in awe, it had been a long time since she had been outside. Her bare feet stood comfortably amongst the grass and dying leaves, as she slowly spun herself around to take it all in. As she stopped again, she was facing Finnick; an adoring smile on his face as he watched her. Her own smiled lit up her lips, her eyes soon began to wander the backdrop behind him.

'It's so beautiful,' She stated in awe.

'It is,' Finnick agreed.

'There's only one thing missing.'

'What's that?'

'Horses... Lots and lots of horses.'

As her eyes met Finnick's again, he expected sadness to seep into them, but it never did. They stayed bright, happy, but somewhat distant as though she was remembering something. Venus smiled again, walking further into the dense bush surrounding them; in search for more beauty. The blonde man followed behind her, not wanting to miss a moment of his beautiful girlfriend rediscovering the world.

She almost danced through the trees and over the fallen logs, her eyes never stopping moving as she took it all in. The birds chirped over head and flittered amongst the tree branches over head, she paused when she saw a deer grazing freely a few feet away from her; making her gasp lightly. She waved Finnick over in excitement as he stood a few feet behind her, watching her, before she turned back to study the gorgeous deer.

'Finnick, you have to come look at this,' The girl's voice trailed off when she turned around to find Finnick down on one knee.

Another light gasp left her mouth as tears welled up in her eyes, a hand coming to cover her mouth as her jaw dropped.

'Finnick, what are you,' She trailed off again; 'You don't want me.'

'Venus, I love you and have since the day I met you when we were thirteen. I want every piece of you, the good and the bad. You complete me, keep me strong when I feel like I'm ready to fall apart. And I don't want to be without you again,' He paused to pull out the simple gold band from his pocket; 'So, Venus Hereford, will you marry me?'

The girl didn't say anything for a while, causing slight panic to settle in his stomach before it was quickly diminished as she nodded furiously. She ran forward and wrapped her arms around him, laughing as they fell backwards into the foliage below. She pulled her head up to look at him, drinking in his features, before she placed her lips on his; kissing him passionately.

Slowly, Finnick sat them up; allowing Venus to lean back and watch as she slid the gold band onto her finger. She let out a breathy chuckle, resting her forehead against Finnick's lips as he kissed her skin; letting his lips linger there. He looked down in confusion when he felt her shoulders shaking, tears slowly beginning to hit his hands.

'Ve, what is it?' He asked.

'I'm engaged, Fin. I'm engaged to the love of my life,' She smiled as she looked up at him with tears rolling down her cheeks.

'As am I.'

'How are we gonna tell Tommy?'

'About that.'

'What?'

'Well, because I'm such a gentlemen,' Finnick chuckled when she hit his shoulder lightly; 'I asked Tommy for his blessing to marry you.'

Venus gasped before laughing, 'You're too cute, Finnick Odair.'

'Only for you.'

She hugged him again quickly, before scrambling to get off him. She offered to pull him up, holding her hand down toward him which he took. She pulled him up, grinning when he kissed her lips again, before he spun around and crouched down low. Venus wrapped her arms loosely around his neck as his hands clamped down on her thighs, a squeal leaving her mouth as he stood and began walking them back to District 13. She was the happiest she had felt in a long time.

.=.=.=.=

'You're what?' Johanna squealed.

'I'm getting married,' Venus squealed in reply.

The Hereford girl had been incredibly wary about coming to the hospital to see Johanna after what had happened, but Finnick had encouraged her to tell her best friend. So, there she stood in Johanna's hospital room, hugging her after telling her the news. Johanna had been supportive to her relationship the entire time, and she had wanted nothing more then for the pair to spend the rest of their lives together.

'Have you set a date?' The bald girl asked.

'As soon as possible,' Venus replied with a shrug.

'I'll help you organise it.'

'Thank you.'

'How many people?'

'I only want it small. He won't admit it, but I think Finnick wants a big one.'

'We'll have to talk to Coin,' Johanna scoffed; 'And probably invite Katniss. But overall, it will be perfect either way. Because you and Finnick are getting married.'

Venus slowly began to relax as her and Johanna discussed wedding details, both of them sitting on the bed talking as though they weren't in the middle of a boiling war. The smile never left her face, she was so elated, but it was a bitter sweet happiness. For, her mother, father, brothers and sisters would never see her in her wedding gown, or her father wouldn't walk her down the aisle. There was only Tommy.

'I have an idea,' She interrupted Johanna's gown designing.

'Shoot,' The girl nodded.

'I want Tommy to be the one to walk me down the aisle.'

Johanna smiled, 'That sounds perfect.'

'And you'll be my maid of honour.'

'Of course.'

'And Prim can be my flower girl.'

'You want Katniss' little sister to be apart of your wedding?'

'She means a lot to Tommy. It might stop him from being too nervous. And Kael could design my dress, and Angel could to my hair and makeup.'

'Alright. I think we're set. If we talk to Coin, we could have it in the next couple of days, since nothing ever interesting happens in this dull place.'

Venus smiled, 'I'm getting married.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 5.6K 37
𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐀𝐫𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐲𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐮𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐧 𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐩 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬, 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭�...
172 1 15
I begin with the protagonist Finnick Odair, a charming and confident man who has everything going for him- except for love, considering he is the Cap...
92.9K 2.6K 68
❛ 𝒊 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒆, 𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒊 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓, 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 ❜ ...
12.9K 911 5
"The show's not over until the Mockingjay sings." ( THE HUNGER GAMES - MOCKINGJAY ) ( katniss everdeen x male oc )