Distract Me [Kehlani×XXXTenta...

By JhoniiBlxze

"Don't touch my shit, don't even look at my shit. Don't even breathe around me because don't nobody wanna sme... More

[[Distract Me]]
Chapter×1
Chapter×2
Chapter×3
Chapter×4
Chapter×5
Chapter×7
Chapter×8
Chapter×9
Chapter×10
Chapter×11
Chapter×12
Chapter×13
Chapter×14
R.I.P.
what now
Chapter×15
Chapter×16
Chapter×17
Chapter×18
Chapter×19
Chapter×20
Chapter×21
Chapter×22
Chapter×23
ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter×24
Chapter×25
Chapter×26
Chapter×27
Chapter×28
Chapter×29
Chapter×30
Chapter×31(pt.2)
Chapter×32

Chapter×6

3.7K 167 274
By JhoniiBlxze

"It's okay to not be okay."

-Kehlani

××××××××××××××××××××××

Kehlani

I waited for Jahseh in his car like he said, and all I could wonder about was what happened between him and Smokey, and if it was about me. It had to be about me, unless they just so happened to get in a fight after Sonya claimed herself to technically be "exposing" me in front of the whole school.

I'm thinking too much.

About 20 minutes passed, and finally Jahseh came out of the school with his stuff. He opened his door and tossed his backpack in the backseat before starting the car, not glancing at me once. We drove for 6 minutes and he pulled up to the grocery store. I looked at him with a confused look and he finally looked back at me before speaking.

"I don't know about you, but I could use a bunch of junk food right now." He said before getting out and closing the door. At first I hesitated, but then I thought about it, and realized I needed some snacks too. I got out of the car and followed Jahseh into the store. We got a bunch of snacks and paid for them before getting back in the car and going back on our drive.

We ended up back at the hill we were at last night, but this time he parked at the top of it. Once the car was turned off, there was an awkward silence, and I hated it. It made me feel so awkward, and I'm not an awkward person.

"Why did you fight him?" I asked, not looking at him.

I heard him sigh. "I knew it was him who told Sonya that lie, but he lied about telling her that. I pressed him about it, and he got mad."

"So...you fought Smokey to defend me?" I looked over at him.

"I fought Smokey because he's a bitch." He protested.

"But you didn't deny fighting him for me." I sassed.

"I didn't confirm it either, Kehlani." He raised his voice defensively.

I rolled my eyes at his attitude. "Why do you love holding onto yo' pride so tightly? It won't kill you to at least let yo' guard down for once. You said that my problem is that I'm stuck up, but it's really you who's stuck up. You never open up to your feelings."

"I'm not gonna do that shit." He said.

"Then at least tell me whether or not if you fought Smokey for me."

"Look, this shit just not gonna happen. I can't do this wit' you."

I just sat back and rolled my eyes as I propped my head up with my arm and the window.

I didn't even want to talk about it anymore.

-

Omniscient

Kehlani opened her eyes, and realized that she and Jahseh were still on the hill, only now it was sunset. She checked the time on her phone, which read 5:47 in the afternoon. Realizing that they had been there for a good three hours, she just shook her head. Surprisingly, her phone held no notifications for her to check, not even from Skyler or her father.

She looked ahead and saw Jahseh leaning against the hood of the car as he smoked a cigarette. He just stood there as he analyzed the view of the city. So many thoughts ran through his mind, but the one the stood out the most was Kehlani. Ever since she first came, he had been feeling himself changing a little. Ironically, it seemed as if he had forgotten that she's only been in his life for a few days. It scared him that the fact they haven't known each other for long, he still really cared about her. He knew that she was tough-skinned, but on the inside she was broken, and so was he.

They were so much alike, yet they had their differences.

Deciding to join him after hesitating for minutes, Kehlani got out of the car and walked slowly to him before sitting on the hood of the car, next to Jahseh. He knew she was there, but he chose not to acknowledge her yet. There was a silence between the two, neither one of them knew what to say, or how to say their thoughts.

"I'm sorry." Kehlani softly said. Jahseh finished his cigarette before putting it out on the rock, then flicked it. Kehlani continued: "Can we do this?"

"Do what?" He spoke lowly.

"This whole... confession scene. Where we both express our thoughts and shit, whatnot?"

Jahseh took a moment before finally looking her way, nodding. "Alright, fine. But just this one time."

She let out a sigh before beginning her confession. "I know it's only been like a week, but I just want you to know that I'm kinda glad that we met because if it weren't for you, I probably would've been raped by that crazy ass nigga at the party. When I first met you, I really thought you were the most annoying nigga alive, I low-key still think you are, but I guess you're not all as bad as I thought."

Jahseh just chuckled before turning his attention back to the view of the city. "What was the first thing that you even thought about me when we first met?" He blurted. The question had been pondering around in his mind for a while, and he couldn't help but ask.

Kehlani looked down as she thought. In reality, she kept thinking and telling herself that she didn't really think much of Jahseh, but deep down, she knew it wasn't true. She thought of him in a way that shouldn't have sometimes, but he thought the same things of her. The real difference was that Kehlani didn't want to own up to those thoughts, but Jahseh did. He always treated her the way he did because he found her attractive, but at first, he didn't want to believe it. Now that he has the chance to get to know her, he feels that he could really get to know her true feelings. Since it was her idea to do this confession session, Kehlani decided to let some of her true thoughts spill.

"I honestly didn't know what to think. I didn't want to let myself think too much of you because I didn't want to just hop to conclusions about you. The last time I let myself think of someone so much, I ended up getting myself hurt by them. I don't want to live through that ever again, so I choose not to think of anyone that I don't get close to. But you..." She shook her head as she looked at the view in front of them. "I still thought about you in my deep thoughts. I don't know why, but there's just something about you that just makes me think about you, no matter what. Whether I'm mad at you, or if you just randomly pop up in my mind. I can't escape you. It's like... you just distract me in some way."

He looked at her, surprised at everything she'd just confessed. Never would he ever think that she always managed to think about him, even when she didn't want to. He always thought about her too, but she was never in his mind the way he's in hers. In a way, it made Jahseh feel bad. A part of him wanted to spill his thoughts like she did. Another part...

wanted to express it in an action.

In a swift move, Jahseh grabbed her chin and pulled her face closer to his. Instead of resisting, like she wanted to do, she followed along as their lips finally brushed against each other, before they finally connected. As much as they knew this was wrong, in the moment, they didn't want to be right. The two of them wanted this moment to happen, but neither of them knew what to do after.

They never thought any of it through.

-

*The next day*

Jahseh

"Where y'all niggas been at, man?" I said as I dapped Ski and WiFi up, allowing them into the house. "Shit, man, we been on tour. Shit was crazy, vro, foreal." Ski said as we all walked into the living room and sat down on the couch.

"And y'all ain't let a jit know? Damn, vro." I chuckled.

"Aye, vro, my bad. Deadass, we really was doing shit back to back. We ain't een got that much free time." WiFi sighed as he kicked his feet up on the coffee table. "Shit was hectic as fuck."

"Anyway, how things been goin' between you an' ol' girl?" Ski asked.

"Oh yeaa! That lil' honey that's yo' step-sis now. Where she at?" WiFi smirked.

I mentally rolled my eyes at the things he said. "Kehlani's upstairs asleep." I answered WiFi's question before answering Ski's. "And honestly, things been cool between us. We talk more now at least."

After we kissed yesterday, nothing really happened after that. But the best thing was that it wasn't awkward between us now because we got to know each other more on our way home. I never would have thought that she was actually a lot like me, just I had more of a twist to my personality than she did to her own.

They nodded. "Well that's good. I told you she couldn't have been all that bad, vro." Ski chuckled.

I shook my head. "Whatever vro. What happened while y'all was on tour? Any bad shorties?" I smirked as they made faces that meant yes.

"Niggggaaaa!" WiFi exclaimed as he smiled.

"Bad? Nigga, them bitches were so fine, they all was finna be wifey. A jit couldn't choose, on God." Ski said. "Matter of fact, that reminds me. This girl I'm talking to got a friend that wanna meet you. She said that she saw you in our videos and liked your music, and she think you cute."

"Nah, the question is, is she cute vro?" I said.

"Yeah, vro she cute. She got a lil body on her. Here, I took a picture wit' 'em." He said as he pulled his phone out of his pocket. He unlocked it before finding the picture and showing it to me. "She the girl on the right."

I looked, and it was a light skin girl with short curly brown hair smiling as she stood next to Ski. She was cute as hell, but I wondered what city they were in when they met.

"Damn, she cute. Did you get her name?"

He pulled his phone away as he nodded. "Yeah. I think it's... Genevieve? Or Geneva? It's one or the other, but it has 'Gen' in the front of it."

I nodded. "Damn man, what city was y'all in?"

"Here. They was at our last show last night. Why, you want the plug?" He laughed.

"Yeah, vro. I need new hoes. The ones I got are played out."

He laughed as he started to type on his phone. "I got you. I'm finna FaceTime her friend."

The call rang for a few seconds until I heard someone answer. "Hey Ski." A girl's voice said. I looked over to his screen and there was a caramel skin girl with red hair smiling at Ski. Damn, why he always gotta have the finer friend?

"Aye wassup Red? Where yo' homegirl that wanted to meet X?" He asked.

"She in the kitchen, why?"

He panned the camera over to me and I chuckled as I waved. "Wassup?" I said, and she gasped as her eyes went wide.

"Genevaaa!" She yelled, making us laugh. "What?" Another girl's voice said. "Look!" The redhead said. The girl with the brown curly hair appeared on camera, and when she saw me, her eyes got wide as hell. "Oh my God, hi!" Geneva screamed.

"Hey." I laughed.

"Aye, y'all tryna chill wit' us today?" Ski asked.

"Yeah, where at?" Red asked.

"Uh, how about the park?" Ski asked, looking at me.

"I guess, man."

"Wait which park?" Geneva asked.

"Northshore." I answered.

"Ight, that's not too far from me. When y'all tryna meet?" Red asked.

"Shid, right na'." Ski said.

"Nah nigga I'm tired!" WiFi said, looking over at us.

"Oh well nigga." Ski shrugged, making the girls laugh.

"Alright, we'll see y'all in a few." Red said. After saying "okay", Ski ended the call. Just as he did that, we heard Kehlani come downstairs talking on her phone. We all turned around and saw her walk past the final stair before going in the kitchen. She came back out a minute later with a water bottle.

"Sky, I don't know...Maybe.....I don't know, it's just tha--"she looked over and saw us, and I could tell we scared her. "Uhm, lemme call you back...Okay....Love you too...Bye." She hung up before joining us in the living room. "Y'all scared the hell outta me." She chuckled as she sat down on the reclining chair.

"Scary ass." I joked, making her flip me off. "Oh, by the way, this is Ski and WiFi."

She waved at them. "Hey."

"Wassup?" They both said.

Kehlani yawned. "So what are y'all about to do? Did I interrupt sumn?"

"Actually no, we was actually finna go to the park. You can roll if you want." Ski said.

She glanced at me. "Uh, I don't know. I don't wanna fuck up y'all thing."

"Nah, it's cool, shawty. You can roll." WiFi spoke. I didn't say anything.

She shrugged. "I guess then. I need to go change, if y'all don't mind."

"Don't worry, we'll wait." Ski smiled at her. She stood up before going upstairs get ready.

During the meantime, we just decided to roll up a few blunts while we waited.

Kehlani

"I'm getting tired of this long ass hair." I mumbled. I grabbed my scissors out of my drawer and set them on the counter before turning on the sink water. I washed my hair before wrapping a towel around it. I waited a couple minutes before unwrapping it. I combed it out before picking up the scissors to cut. I let out a deep breath before grabbing all of my hair in a handful and cutting it to the length I wanted. When I was done, I was glad it came out the way I wanted it to. I loved having short hair.

I quickly went back into my room after cleaning my old hair up and looked in my closet to find something to wear. "I guess I'll go with these." I said as I pulled out a loose-fitted Adidas tank top and a pair of high waisted distressed jean shorts.

After putting on my socks and black Nikes, I grabbed my phone and earphones before exiting my room and meeting the guys downstairs. Once they saw me, all of their red, high eyes went wide. Ski nearly dropped the unlit blunt that was between his fingers.

"You cut your hair?!" Jahseh asked.

I shrugged. "Yeah. I like when my hair is short."

"I like it too." WiFi said, making me chuckle.

"Thanks. So, can we go??" I said, trying to make it clear that I was ready to go now. The three of them got up before walking out of the house to a white Cadillac truck that I assumed was Ski's car, since he was driving, and we drove off.

-

"Nah, vro, fuck that! You cheated!" WiFi yelled at Jahseh, who started laughing. Ski and I sat on the bleachers as we watched them play one-on-one basketball. I was actually having a good time; these niggas are low-key lit.

"Nigga no I didn't. Shut up." Jahseh laughed.

"Nah, I want a rematch."

Jahseh chuckled as he came and sat down next to me. I giggled at WiFi before unlocking my phone to text Skyler. "Who you textin'?" Jahseh asked over my shoulder. I leaned away from him. "Somebody." I said.

He smacked his lips before playfully pushing my head. I playfully glared at him before pushing him back. Before he could catch me, I got up and ran around the basketball court and he chased me. When he caught me, he pushed my head again before going to sit back down. I just laughed.

"Damn nigga, she got yo ass winded." Ski said, causing Jahseh to flip him off and WiFi to laugh.

"Fuck you, vro."

"Ski!" A girl's voice yelled. We looked over and saw a caramel skin girl with red hair and a light skin girl with curly short hair. They walked over to where we were before the red haired girl hugged Ski and the curly head hugged Jahseh.

As they each began to talk, WiFi came over to talk to me. "Who are they?" I asked him.

"Some girls that wanted to meet X. I think they names are Red and...Gennn....Neva? Geneva? I don't know."

I nodded my head. "Oh."

When I looked over at Jahseh, I saw Geneva glaring at me while Jahseh was wiping his face with his shirt. After I gave her a stare back, she rolled her eyes before looking away.

I don't have a good feeling about her....

××××××××××××××××××××××××××

So..Geneva hoe ass in the story 😒

She put my baby through so much shit 😭😭

But anyways.. THEY KISSED BIHH😭😍
(Jahseh and Kehlani)

I squealed when I wrote that part 😭 btw dis chapter was almost 3000 words... LOVE ME😭😂💙

Lmfao anyway more coming up babes💙

-Jay🕊👑

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

293K 11.5K 25
"As if being shoved into a locker wasn't the worst thing that's happened, I have just been shoved into the oldest, moldiest, smelliest locker in the...
442K 20.3K 119
She goes to Walmart one late night to get some snacks for her munchies and she bumps into Jahseh. Just a accident or was it the universe connecting t...
1.2K 74 9
unlovable un·lov·able Jahseh was always what most might consider unlovable; both through self-reflection and societal standards. The word 'unlovable...
24K 957 28
TW// abuse