Blood Shades

By DeathxDemon

Leera wasn't one to be messed with. She's feisty, sarcastic, holds a short temper and has a 'take no prisoner... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 - Epilogue

Chapter 3

43.4K 1K 84
By DeathxDemon

Chapter 3

Leera’s POV

Rolling over, I snuggled into the sheets further. My bed was never as comfy as this- then I remembered I wasn’t in my room; I was at the House of Wolves.

Great

Pushing the warm, fluffy sheets off my body, I stretched like a cat, and walked into the en-suit. The cool tiles of the room, contrasted with the warm woolly carpet I had previously walked on. Striping out of my clothes, I tuned the shower on full, and stepped in, hissing when the boiling hot water ran over my bare skin.

Wrapping a towel around me, I shakily stepped into ‘my’ room, I chose random clothes and put them on, not bothering to look at my appearance, I headed downstairs looking intently at my map of the building.

“Ooff!” I gasped when I bumped into a body, straightening up; I looked down to see a small, fragile looking girl- with a disgust scowl on her face.

Well that just ruins her whole appearance.

“Watch where you’re going, commoner!” she snarled, and stomped away, tripping slightly when she lost balance on her 5 inch stilettoes. Coughing, I tried to hold my laugh in, when she huffed, and continued down the corridor. Poor girl thought that because she had a high status, that she was better than me.

She probably was just an airhead inside, I felt sorry for her mate- he’ll have to chain her down, or drug her. Still smirking, I made my way down the stairs, and into a large room that smelt like some sort of posh buffet. Sniffing the air, I smelt waffles, fruit, hot chocolate, and muffins. The room was set out like a restaurant, there were people chatting on elegantly styled tables and chairs.

“Hey, what are you doing sniffing the air? I know for sure that you haven’t shifted- otherwise you wouldn’t be here” a loud, curious voice, broke me out of my daydreaming.

“Well…ahhh…I sort of have very heightened senses?” I said stupidly, looking at the girl next to me- she was gorgeous, she had baby blue eyes, and straight red hair that went to her mid-back. She was small, and petite- but in a natural way. Not like the girl I had bumped into before, she looked like she starved herself.

“Whoa…that’s so cool! What’s it like? I’ve only got the average senses of a human- it sucks” she moaned, glaring at the ground slightly.

“I guess it’s like you’ve already shifted- without the shifted a part, if that makes sense” I explained, squinting my eyes to think of a better way of explaining it- it’s an old habit.

“Wish I had that” she muttered “That would have saved me from going through all my brothers stuff, to find out if he stole my diary or not- would’ve caught him in a minute” she huffed, crossing her arms over her chest, stomping her foot childishly.

“It’s not all what it cracks out to be” I mused “there are times when…you really wished you didn’t have them- especially the smelling part” I said disgusted, remembering things I really wished I didn’t.

“Oh…ouch, that’s must have been harsh” she shuddered, widening her eyes comically “come on, let’s go and get something to eat!” she chirped happily- god she was bipolar!

“Sure” I said, following her. “How long have you been here?” I asked, interested.

“Since the 20th, my parents forced me to come early- they’re all about me finding my mate. I just think they want to get rid of me” she said lightly, as if she had said this way too many times.

“Who are your parents?” I asked, catching up to her.

“The Beta’s of the Blue Diamond pack” she grumbled, I chocked, most people knew who the Blue Diamond pack were- they were one of the biggest packs- under the Full moon pack, the biggest, and most powerful pack in the world.

“Wow…” I swallowed “Must be hard, huh?” I smiled sadly; I could tell from her facial expression that she didn’t like the spotlight.

“You know…” she started “you’re that first person I know who hasn’t gushed, and tried to befriend me to get closer to a more powerful position- I like you” she decided, beaming at me. I grinned back at her, taking one of the clean plates, and pilling on waffles and muffins.

She stared at my plate, a weird expression on her face.

“How do you eat so much, and not get fat?” she asked, looking at my plate in wonder. I laughed, my shoulders shacking from amusement.

“I just have very high metabolism” I stated, with a chuckle, dragging her over to a free table.

“I just don’t get it” she said in a small voice, jealousy in her eyes “I have to watch my diet closely, or I’ll put on more pounds then I can take off” she grumbled, picking up a strawberry, and popping it in her mouth.

“It’s not fair” she muttered, stabbing her fork into a pear. I laughed, clearly enjoying her suffering. She pouted at me; a small whine came out of her mouth.

“Stop using my sadness to your advantage” she whined, poking me with her fork.

“Okay, okay, okay” I laughed, holding my hand up in surrender “No need to kill me now”. Laughing, we spent the rest of breakfast eating and chatting as if we were long lost friends, joking about the most random subjects- until there was an announcement that all females were to report to the auditorium.

“What do you thinks it’s about?” Avery asked worriedly- that was her name-. She looked like she desperately wanted to hightail out of the building.

So did I.

“I have no idea… I don’t even know where the auditorium is” I said, furring my eyebrows in confusion. They could have at least given us a warning or something!

“I do, but I want to skip. You?” she replied, running her hands through her fiery hair.

“Yes, I do. But I’m pretty sure they’re going to have a roll, or a check list” I sighed, slumping against the wall. Times like these I wished I had run away.

“Attention! All women must report to the auditorium in five minutes! All women!” the intercom speaker stressed loudly.

“We don’t get a choice, do we?” Avery grumbled, rubbing her forehead, I shook my head, trudging behind her. She turned into hallways, through corridors, and around bends till we stopped at a large door. Pushing it open, we stepped into a large room, filled with hundreds of chairs- and a large stage at the front.

Looking around, there were so many girls- it was like a sea of blondes, brunettes, black and red. It was bloody freaking weird. Everyone looked like they came from a different place, but they all had the typical traits of a wolf shifter, muscly, but thin body structure, agile reflexes, and all that stuff.

Then I saw ‘her’. Typical American blonde, with the sparkly ocean blue eyes, bleach blonde wavy hair, and the scarily thin model-like body.

Jamilah- the bitch from hell

I went to high school with her; she was the ‘queen bee’ of the school. Everyone was under her spell, except me. I saw through her fake façade, she wasn’t one of those ‘sluttish whores’ or typical queen bees. She was the much, much, much worse one. The type which you should avoid at any cost, she made allies with everybody without them knowing it; she made sure everybody loved her.

If anybody got on her bad side, then that person was in for hell, because she would suck up to the student body, and make them pity her- then she’d strike, using everybody as a knock on effect. I had seen it in action. I remember one boy (Jarrod) who saw her kissing her best friend’s boyfriend, Jarrod went and told her best friend- who soon made it ex-best friend, including her boyfriend. Later that day, Jamilah told everybody that Jarod was telling a lie to try and tear her from her best friend (Melanie).

They all believed her, giving Jarrod shit for telling ‘lies’ and for trying to split up, basically sisters. I believed him, and Jamilah knew I was a potential threat, even though I wasn’t as popular as her- I still had power over some of the most influential people in the school.

The media club

I was the head of them, and controlled the radio over the school, informing them of future important school days, parties and a whole lot more. I also had to make video’s, and had cameras’ set up all around the school. She knew I caught the kiss on tape at two angles, and there was nothing she could do about it.

But I decided I wouldn’t mess with the school social system, so I supported Jarrod, and told everybody in the media club that he had mistaken Jamilah as Melanie- because they both has the bleach blonde hair. It was enough to satisfy them, and word soon got around that it was all a mistake.

Jamilah still hadn’t got over the fact that I had more power over her then, and boy could she hold a grudge!

She looked over at me with shock- then it instantly turned to jealousy, then anger. Melanie was still by her side as always, but this time, she had dyed her hair a brilliant fire-truck red. At least it was easier to tell them apart now.

“Hey, over there!” Avery pointed her finger to some seats near the corner of the stage. I nodded smiling, and swerved around people, trying not to bump into anyone. Settling down in our seats, I looked around, seeing everyone start to sit down in their seats- and the chatter finally calmed down.

Someone cleared their throat, as a man took his place at the podium.

“Good morning ladies, it is wonderful to have you all here. Now I’m sure you all know why you’re here, am I correct?” the man on the podium smiled, gazing over the crowd. The crowd applauded, some women screaming from excitement.

“Excellent! Now I’m sure you all can’t wait to meet you mates! So let’s begin!” he cheered, clapping his hands together. There was a rustle in the red curtains to the right of him, and then a small, chubby man stepped out, and handed a role to the man standing on the podium.

“Now, I’m going to read out the dates of which you will each be having you blood extracted- this is going alphabetically from your last names” he said with less enthusiasm- I’m pretty sure he didn’t want to read out all the names, heck! Even I wouldn’t! There are hundreds of us here.

“If you don’t here you name, you can report to the main office, where they have the dates and times for your Par Odor Lux” he continued, almost robotically.

“Here we go. The 23rd, 10:00 am, is… Jenna Abbey, Louise Abfort, Victoria Adonics, Sarah Agoura, Miley Amar…” I stopped listening, and waited for the ‘E’s’. it was a painfully long time before he started calling out a last name starting with an E.

“…Freya Eastwood, Julia Ensergaret, Halaria Estapol. On the 25th, 3pm is… Leera Evans, Samantha Ezaret…” I didn’t bother listening, as they had already called out my name

On the 25th, at 3pm- I would be getting my blood examined. This was it, there was no escaping now, as soon as they figure out whom my mate is, they’ll contact him. Telling him my details, giving him my boxes of items from home, they will probably add in details and pictures of me for the heck of it.

I am doomed forever.

“…Lee, are you there? Earth to Lee? Hello!” a hand slapped me lightly on the face, starling me from my thoughts.

“We aren’t gonna escape this, are we?” I asked sadly, Avery was just like me, she didn’t want to meet her mate either- but her reason was entirely different to mine, she just wanted to live the party life. I didn’t want to be controlled, and have my freedom taken away from me.

“Don’t worry” she smiled weakly, “we’ll get through this- with or without a mate by our sides” it seemed like she was trying to convince herself, instead of me. But it still felt good to know that there was a person other than me, who believed that you didn’t have to have a man by you side to get through life. Just because we were girls, doesn’t mean we can’t get through life without a mate.

It was so sexist it made me sick

“Come on, let’s go. We don’t have to be here anymore, we should savour our freedom while it lasts- anyway, I’m getting my blood taken on the 25th as well, except at 4pm”she dragged me out of the room, most of the women there were telling their friends that their mate would probably be an alpha or something powerful like that- it was very unlikely, there were only about 70 packs in America, which means 70 alphas’. Most of them probably already have their mates, so good luck with that.

Walking out of the stuffy room with Avery, it was then I realised how trapped we were. There were guards positioned at every door, and at the entrance, there were a couple dozen more.

It was like our own personal prison.

 DeathxDemon

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.6M 878K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
494K 11.8K 26
A seventeen-year-old Kathryn Emilia Montgomery, was abused, hated, and treated like an omega by her own pack. That's right, she is a she-wolf, but no...
24.8K 1K 11
Jackson Rhodes is on the run from his home pack. His Goddess-given mate assaulted him and then rejected him. He has nowhere to go. Until he comes upo...
2K 158 35
It's never a boring day in Eureka, Louisiana. Every day is like Mardi Gras (costume included). Everyone is welcome to the town who doesn't sleep. A...