My Billionaire Guardian Angels

By rutimabe

A six year old girl on an adventure of a lifetime with her best friend and her best friends family, suddenly... More

Rescue
Jailed
Meeting The Family
Settling In
Williams Return
Trent And Me
What Is It About You?
Dressing The Part
Making Friends
A Billionaire In MacDonald's
Entitled A_Hole
Miss Formidable
Night Out
The Kiss
My Crazy Mind
William The Conqueror
A Job
Fairy Tales
A Fond Farewell
That's Not A Plane
Less I Forget
First Move
And To Work
Betrayal
Back On The Run
Family
Reunion
To Much love
Bliss
World's Apart
Hell's Cupid
Epilogue

New York

3.2K 175 3
By rutimabe

Kara

After dismantling the seat with my bare hands whilst landing and Trent having to prising my fingers of the leather and helping me off the aircraft towards a waiting limo, I slowly found my land legs and had the desire to kiss the ground like I had seen somebody do when watching a TV through the steel mesh of a shop window.

Trent was getting on my nerves, not in the way that it sounds he was being the perfect gentleman, it was because of that my nerves were on edge, he had changed so much in a short space of time from the annoying jerk in McDonald's to the caring considerate man he portrayed now.

Hell I was beginning to think he liked me!

The trip from the airport to his penthouse was fantastic, having never ridden in such a posh car before, plus never having been to New York before, I couldn't take my eyes from the tinted back seat window.

I just stared out at the sea of people hurrying about their business and the array of impressive tall building each with their own individual character.

I don't think my mouth closed once during the ride as each turn produced new amazing wonders for me to gush over and all this time Trent gave a running commentary on what build was what, who owned it and the business conducted in there.

Unfortunately the more he talked the closer he got to me, till he was practically whispering in my ear and sending shivers down my spine, so much so I couldn't concentrate on what I was looking at or for that matter what Trent was saying.

All I felt was his breath on the side of my face and the warmth of his words caressing my ear.

Get a grip girl, he's a one hit wonder and you won't be around for a repeat performance.

Moving as gracefully as I could I slipped away from him on the pretense of studying the drinks in the bar.

"Where are my manners" he sighed leaning forward, so he was in my space again, reaching forward he snagged a can of soda and tilted it towards me.

"Um thanks" was all I could come up with, as there were to many shocks and surprises coming my way thick and fast.

The limo pulled up at the side of the road in front of a huge building that seemed to be made entirely of glass.

My eyes trailed up the side of the building trying to find the roof but even with my face plastered against the window I couldn't find it.

I heard a chuckle behind me and quickly drew back from the window, leaving a moist patch on the glass from my breath and felt my face heating up.

"Come on Alice" Trent chuckled, "let's get you inside and into wonderland."

Okay so I was over awed, but hell I had never been in a city before having always skirted around the outer suburbs, much safer that way.

Suddenly the door sprang open and the driver held out his hand to help me from my seat.

"Miss" he enquired, his hand steady in front of my face.

This was so overwhelming, A private jet, limo ride, chauffeur, glass skyscrapers, Trent.

I need some time and space so my mind could process all of this, I mean one day I'm fighting of men's undesired advances, begging for food, huddled, shivering in trees as the rain soaked me through to the skin, dreaming of what I was experiencing now, it was mind blowing and I needed a respite.

Before I knew it the chauffeur had pulled me up and Trent had a hold of my hand and I was being dragged towards the large glass doors that automatically opened as we neared them.

Inside was another world smartly dressed men and women rushing around like worker ants armed with paperwork or a laptop and most seemed to have a phone pressed between their ear and shoulder chatting away, oblivious to all around them.

I didn't have time to study them as Trent carried on pulling me across the floor.

"Hey!" I yelled causing a few curious heads to turn my way, including Trent's but his expression was one of annoyance.

"Slow down" I continued, getting annoyed myself "I don't have long legs like you"

Trent huffed and slid his gaze up and down my Jean clad legs then he looked me in the eyes and smirked.

Jerk!

"Okay, sorry just in a bit of a rush, I have a meeting in.." and he looked at his watch.

"Twenty minutes, so I wanted to show you around before I left"

He bought me here to his work and he's gonna leave me here, what the fu....

"You can't leave me here, I don't know anybody" I choked out.

"You'll be all right, I'll leave you in the penthouse and you can look around and shower and rest, while I'm gone"

"You live in your office" I gasped, to which he burst out laughing.

Bigger jerk!

"No Kara my penthouse is at the top of this building, above my offices and no-one visits my penthouse without my permission, so you will be perfectly safe"

So I was right he does live at work sort of.

"Come" he beckoned me over to a large counter just like the ones you see in hotels, where a beautiful young blonde, batted her eye lashes at Trent and gave him a sickly sweet smile, which Trent either completely missed the blatant flirting or was a good actor.

"Hello Mr Horton, how may I help you?"

"Hi Cheryl can I have my key and can you dig out a spare for Miss Seven please as she will be staying with me"

The look I got from Miss Flirty said it all, why don't you crawl back under whichever rock you crawled out from, you're not in the same class as people here.

Yep I picked all that up from the grimace on her face as she ran her eyes up and over my body.

Bitch!

Turning her attention back to Trent, the smile returned.

"Certainly Mr Horton, anything else?"

"No thank you, I can manage it from here" her hands lingering on his as she handed over the key cards.

Thrusting a card in one of my hands and then grabbing my other hand, he preceded to tow me over to an elevator in the corner.

I didn't complain this time, as it seemed he would do whatever he wanted anyway.

As we enter the elevator Trent inserted his card in the panel and the top two floor lit up allowing him to select them.

He explained the procedure to me as the doors close and the elevator, shot up towards god knows where.

Eventually the upward movement stopped with a slight jerk and the doors open to reveal another breathtaking sight.

"You live here" I exclaimed, my eyes wide as I took in the display of what money can get you.

He just shugged his shoulders "Yeah, some of the time"

He wandered further into the large open plan room and waving his arms about stated this was the main living area.

And what a living area it was equipped with top of the range bespoke furniture, a TV that was huge taking up one corner of the room by the large glass window, well glass wall actually.

Trent bought me back to the present by shouting from down a large hallway that this was to be my room, indicating it with a tilt of his head.

Making my way toward him I turned and looked through the door he had opened and gasped, it was beyond my comprehension that a mere bedroom could be so beautiful, I walking in, in a daze.

"Okay Kara, I must go to my meeting, please make yourself at home and I'll see you later for a spot of dinner, okay?"

I merely nodded to flabbergasted to speak.

I wander around the room running my finger across everything, just trying to come to terms with all this.

I heard the elevator leave and knew I was now on my own.

I headed to the bed and bounced up and down on the corner, this was even better than the one at Williams house and that was saying something.

I lay down and stretched out all my limbs with a huge sigh. Closing my eyes I smiled to myself, before drifting off into a welcome sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 122 36
Anyone who has grown up in a home filled with volatility and sinister secrets or who has seen it will agree that child abuse is wrong and repulsive...
132 12 24
A girl with a tragic back story tries to find her way in a world filled with danger. The tragic accident that happens when she is only thirteen years...
45.7K 2.6K 62
Until a year ago, Kacey's life had always been easy. But when it rains, it pours, and he loses what always seemed a given. A year and a half later, h...
455K 18.1K 39
Mia met Trevor, Liam and Sebastian in 5th grade. At the time she thought they were sore losers, but they soon turned into her bestie boys. Mia is ado...