My Daughter (Dramione)

By wantinghemmings

It was the news that shocked the Wizarding World. Hermione Granger, the War Heroine of the Second Wizarding W... More

Prologue (Updated)
Chapter 1 (Updated)
Chapter 2 (Updated)
Chapter 3 (Updated)
Chapter 4 (Updated)
Chapter 5 (Updated)
Chapter 6 (Updated)
Chapter 7 (Updated)
Chapter 8 (Updated)
Chapter 9 (Updated)
Chapter 10 (Updated)
Chapter 11 Pt. 1 (Updated)
Chapter 11 Pt. 2 (Updated)
Chapter 12 (Updated)
Chapter 13 (Updated)
Chapter 14 (Updated)
Chapter 15 (Updated)
Chapter 16 (Updated)
Chapter 17 (Updated)
Chapter 19 (Updated)
Chapter 20 (Updated)
Chapter 21 (Updated)
Chapter 22 (Updated)
Chapter 23 (Updated)
Chapter 24 (Updated)
Chapter 25 (Updated)
Chapter 26 (Updated)
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Book 2
Chapter 44 (Book 2)
Chapter 45 (Book 2)
Chapter 46 (Book 2)
Chapter 47 (Book 2)
Chapter 48 (Book 2)
Chapter 49 (Book 2)
Chapter 50 (Book 2)
Chapter 51 (Book 2)
Chapter 52 (Book 2)
Epilogue: The Final Chapter
Bloodlines Published!

Chapter 18 (Updated)

31.8K 957 332
By wantinghemmings

*Chapter 18 (2020 Update) *

Alicia Granger woke up surprisingly early on Christmas Day. The events from last night had her feeling a bit anxious. It hadn't dawned on her that yesterday's photo shoot was for a magazine cover Astoria had been working on. It was only when they were at dinner that she was informed of the plan. There was a plan for Astoria to launch a teen fashion magazine in the coming year. The clothes Alicia had worn were from a famous brand, M&L. They were also launching a teen clothing line. It was a perfect opportunity to market the collection.

After taking a shower and putting on her favorite brown jumper that Mrs. Weasley had given her a few Christmas ago. She paired it with her warm leggings and fuzzy socks. Since it was just around six in the morning she decided to wear something more comfortable. She would later change into an appropriate outfit if need be when Jewel fetches her for Christmas morning rituals.

When she exited the bathroom she was surprised to see a pile of presents sitting on the foot of her bed and an elf slowly arranging them by size.

"Hello." She greeted the small elf.

"Ah. Miss!" The tiny elf jumped not expecting to be seen by the young guest. "Rinky is sorry for intruding. The elder has ordered Rinky to send this to Miss Alicia's room."

"It's alright." Alicia smiled. "Thank you for bringing them, Rinky."

"Rinky also bought tea and something to eat." Rinky hopped on the reading nook and pointed at the tray filled with a variety of food. It was like an all in one mini breakfast tray. Pancakes, bacon, eggs, blueberries, hot tea, and freshly squeezed orange juice.

This is more than something. Alicia thought.

"Does Miss not like?" Rinky's eyes showed panic and his ears started to droop down.

"No-ah-I mean, I like it. It's wonderful, Rinky. It seems I spaced out. I am indeed hungry." Alica immediately said not wanting to upset the little hard worker. Rinky's ears pointed back and a smile appeared.

"Rinky must leave now. Does Miss need anything else?"

"Is everyone still asleep?" She asked.

"Only elder and elves are awake," Rinky answered. "But everyone will be awake in a little while."

"Alright. Thank you, Rinky. Happy Christmas." Alicia patted his head which the little elf did not expect. His smile widened. He wasn't used to this kind of affection. He was treated well since he was born but this was so different.

"Happy Christmas Miss." With that, he left the room.

Alica took a sip from the tea enjoying the warmth. She approached the presents and crouched down to read a few cards. She had gifts from Harry, Ginny, Pansy, Blaise, Mrs. Weasley, and from a few others. She picked up a stack of letters and placed them on the reading nook near the window. She drew her curtains and opened the window letting the cold breeze enter the room. The fireplace was still lit up so the room still remained warm despite the opened window. The first letter was from Destiny.

Happy Christmas, Alicia!

I heard you're spending the holidays with Scorpius and his family. I'm pretty sure Claudia is tearing her locks off. I just wanted to see how you were doing. I hope they're treating you well. I can't wait to see you back at Hogwarts. By the way, I received your gift last night and I may or may not have opened it in advance seeing you bought it in PARIS. I love it. It's perfect. Thank you. I hope you love my present as well. See you soon!

With love,

Destiny

Alicia had decided to give her best friend a skincare set she found in a small boutique. It wasn't anything fancy but it was perfect for her friend. She also bought the same items for her roommates but added something different for each one. For Destiny, the other item was an earring with small white flowers adorned the golden hoop. It was perfect for the fashionable Destiny.

She opened another letter and this time it was from Ginny. Attached to the letter was a photo of everyone back home smiling and waving. At some point, she felt bad not going home for the holidays but she knew Ginny and Harry supported her 100% with her decision to spend the holidays with the Malfoys. It was surprising at first but it seems that her Uncle Harry was alright with it.

I stopped Ron from sending you a howler. You do not need his displeased voice booming in the Malfoy's mansion on Christmas Day. I have kept him calm for this long but please floo him as soon as you are able.

Ginny explained in the letter. Her uncle Ron had always been overprotective with her and based on her mother's diary entries Ron wasn't silent about his displeasure towards the Malfoys especially Draco. Alicia laughed and made to ask if a floo call was available after breakfast. She wouldn't want to see her uncle storming in with a wand pointing at her Professor's throat. Come to think of it James Potter spends too much time with him.

After reading all of the letters sent to her she took a sip of her tea and realized that it had cooled to room temperature indicating she had been reading for a while and not noticed the time. She looked at the clock and it was a little past eight. Last night she was informed that they would meet in the living room at 8:45. She placed the letters inside the pocket of her case. She didn't want to lose anything. Those letters would be transferred to an Egyptian ornate box Ron had bought when he was in an assignment in Egypt. It wasn't anything fancy but he had asked the merchant if it would be possible to add a cartouche bearing Alicia's name in Hieroglyphics. Alicia loved it and used it to store small keepsakes and that includes letters.

A faint knock alerted her that Jewel had come to fetch her.

"Good Morning, Jewel." She greeted her with a warm smile. "Happy Christmas."

"Happy Christmas, Miss Alicia." Jewel smiled warmly. "Are you ready?" She asked.

"Is this appropriate?" Alicia asked, gesturing at her plain outfit. She was planning on changing but she didn't recall a dress code for the morning festivities.

"It is." Jewel approved.

"Alright. Let me get my shoes and presents." Alicia grabbed her warm boots and the pile of gifts sitting near her door.

--

"The family room is on the next left." Jewel instructed. "Also this came in." Jewel handed her an envelope with a red seal. There was no return address or a name from who it was from. Only her name was written.

"Thank you, Jewel." Alicia thanked gratefully.

Alicia had noticed that the hallway leading to the family room was decorated with photographs. She stopped at one photograph that caught her attention. She was sure this was in the Astronomy Tower back at Hogwarts. Three silhouettes were looking out to the sunset. She looked at the corner and it was dated a year after the Battle of Hogwarts. She might have thought that these photos were Astoria's. The woman was a photographer after all.

*Flashback*

"What in Merlin's beard is that?" Draco questioned pointing at the object Hermione was holding. He had just finished Quidditch and rushed to meet Hermione for their date.

"This?" She asked, lifting the silver rectangular object. "It's a muggle camera."

Draco raised an eyebrow. He was sure muggle items were forbidden in Hogwarts but then again this was the war heroine and one of the Headmistress' favorite students. Like the Time Turner she was an exception.

"It's quite small." He approached.

"It's compact and you can bring it anywhere unlike the cameras that reporters have. But like them, these have to be developed although these aren't moving photos." She reached for a brown envelop from her robes that contained some photos that were sent to her earlier that day. She handed him the envelope and he perused them.

"It's odd seeing these photos not even moving." He admitted as she was examining each photo. "When did you take these?" He asked.

"During the Christmas break. They're pretty aren't they?"

"Truly."

"Come let's take a few."

*End of Flashback*

After graduating Hogwarts, Draco held on to all of Hermione's prints when she was overseas. Each letter that she sent she would attach photos of the places she was at. Over time, she got learned from a few people from her travels and sent him better photos. She also instructed him to print the photos for her so she could hang them when she returns. What she didn't know was Draco kept some of the photos and they were now hanging in the Malfoy Chateau in France. Astoria didn't know about the story behind the photos. She had assumed that Draco had bought them when he was traveling.

When Alicia reached the family room she found Astoria sitting on the couch with her legs tucked under her while she was sipping something warm. Draco was sitting on the armchair watching Scorpius opening gifts on the floor.

"Good Morning, Alicia." Astoria greeted her with a warm smile. "Come. Some of your gifts are here."

"Happy Christmas." Greeted all of them.

Draco stood up and helped her with the gifts she was holding. She thanked him and proceeded to take a seat beside Scorpius on the floor. Draco had placed a pillow for her to sit on. Scorpius hugged her tight and whispered a good morning. Astoria watched the two teens. They were happily chatting and laughing at the events from last night. Since last night she couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. She had remembered Scorpius' childhood friends spending the holidays with them but this was different. Usually, Claudia's parents would insist their daughter get closer to Scorpius. It was obviously a strategy for both teens to get betrothed but Draco and Astoria already made a promise not to damn Scorpius to such a fate. He was free to choose whom we wished to marry.

Alicia was different. Romance was out of the topic when it came to the two teens. Friends. Yes, friends that almost looked alike. They were connected.

"You shouldn't have, Professor." Alicia awed at the box Draco was giving to her.

Draco had crotched down between the excited teens on the floor. Astoria watched from the couch and a sudden ache in her head had caused her to look away. Something in the back of her mind ached to be recognized. Astoria tried to focus but everything was blurry in her memory, a memory stored in the dark corners of her mind.

Why can't I remember? Astoria asked herself. She knew the memory was there but everything was hazy. What is this feeling? Why can't I remember? Is my head playing tricks on me? Maybe. This is an odd feeling. It hurts. Why does it hurt?

"Mum?" Scorpius' voice had snapped her out of her trance. She hadn't noticed that she had grown quiet and ignored her son's question. "Are you alright?" Scorpius stood from his place and sat next to her.

"I suddenly felt dizzy. Nothing to worry about." She smiled sweetly assuring everyone in the room but everyone's face showed concern. "Really I'm fine. Why don't you give Alicia your present, Scorpius?" She suggested easing everyone from their worries. Scorpius nodded and searched for his gift for his friend. He grabbed a maroon box from under the tree and handed Alicia the box.

"Go on, open it." Scorpius urged. Alicia removed the gold bow and lifted the lid. She gasped at the contents of the box.

"T-This is.." She couldn't muster out the words.

"Yeah. It's the jacket you saw in Hogsmeade." Scorpius said sheepishly. Every time they would go there for the weekend Alicia would tell him that she was going to look at something. He didn't ask anything at first but he followed her and she was admiring the black and white tweed jacket.

Alicia had been waiting for it to go on sale but it never happened. It was too expensive for her own budget and she didn't dare touch the money Hermione left in Gringotts for her education. It wasn't worth it.

"Scorpius, this is expensive." Alicia gasped as she ran her fingers through the buttons.

"It's nothing really. I wanted to give you something you really wanted."

Alicia couldn't contain her tears. She lunged towards Scorpius and tackled him on the floor. She was hugging him tight and kept on repeating her thanks to her best friend.

Draco grinned as he watched the two teens. A wave of happiness came crashing down on him. It felt natural seeing the two. He felt at peace, he felt whole. He never felt this way before not that he was complaining but it's something he was welcome to feel. Astoria was also watching the scene playing in front of her. Both of them were laughing and continued on opening gifts. Alicia had given Scorpius a dark blue jumper she had knitted herself. In her years being babysat by Molly, she had learned a thing or two. She opted for a tiny letter S on the right chest instead of Molly's usual style. Scorpius took off his jumper and wore the present he just received.

Astoria felt something being placed on her lap. She looked down and it was a small lengthwise box with a silver bow. She looked up and Draco was smiling at her. She placed her mug on the table and slowly opened the box. The scent of vanillas and cherries filled her nose and a wave of nostalgia hit her.

"Peru?" She asked him. Draco nodded in acknowledgment.

"The necklace is forever laced with the scent." He informed her.

"How in the world did you do that?" Astoria asked, still in awe of the necklace.

Draco nudged his head towards Alicia and Astoria simply giggled. "Of course. The daughter of the Brightest Witch of Her Age would know that. She is truly her mother's daughter."

She is. He thought. "Shall I put it on you?" He offered.

"Please." Astoria scooted closer to Draco and handed him the necklace. Draco clasped it around her neck and smelled the calming scent. He really did love Astoria. He cared for her. He's happy with what he has now. It was more than he could even ask for. He never imagined to see himself this way with all that happened in the past. He was luckier than most.

After two hours of opening presents, the floor filled with wrappers and ribbons. All the presents in the family room were opened and elves were called to bring the presents to the owner's respective rooms. They were about to head to the dining room for breakfast when a butler entered with a huge box.

"This just came in for Miss Alicia." The butler placed the box in front of Alicia and left.

"Who's it from?" Scorpius asked, eyeing the big box.

Alicia examined the box to see if there was a name but there was none. "There's no name."

She slowly lifted the box cover and unwrapped the top wrapper. "I think it's a dress." She announced noticing the frills.

She slowly lifted the dress and was in awe of the beauty of the dress. Alicia twirled with the dress to show the frills on the skirt. It was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. The shade of the dress perfectly complemented her cool skin. Draco turned around to see what she had received but became dumbfound. It wasn't just any dress. It was Hermione's dress from the Yule Ball in their fourth year.

"It's beautiful." Alicia complimented the dress.

"I would love to take a photo of you wearing that dress." Astoria agreed.

After she had said that a maid came in informing her of a call from the London office about an important matter. Astoria left the three to address the urgent call.

"Look there's a card inside." Scorpius picked the red envelope and handed Alicia the note. Alicia placed the dress back on the box and examined the envelope. It was like the same red envelope and seal she had received earlier. She pushed her eyebrows together in confusion.

"Professor, it's for you." She handed Draco the envelope.

"Me?" He questioned. The gift was for her but part of its contents was for him? He opened the envelope and pulled out the card.

She's brave. You're cunning.

She's light. You were darkness.

Now both combined as one.

The Malfoy heir? No, the Malfoy heirs.

Heirs? Scorpius is the heir. He is sure he has only one child. It's impossible to have another heir. He had been faithful to Astoria throughout their marriage. Even though it was an arranged marriage he respected her as a woman and fell in love. Astoria is his wife and the commitment he had he took seriously. In the depths of his mind and heart, he knew he never had any dalliances with other women after his marriage.

It's impossible for him to have another heir without his knowledge.

Wait. He thought. Before his marriage to Astoria, there was Hermione.

"Impossible." He whispered to himself as his eyes slowly drifted to Alicia's smiling face as she admired the dress.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341K 7.1K 26
Hermione Granger; brightest witch of her age, muggle-born, best friends with Harry Potter, Lord Voldemorts long lost daughter? Before the start of he...
184K 4.3K 40
COMPLETE. MATURE THEMES! Not recommended for those under 18! Hermione Granger has been elected Minister of Magic, something she aspired to since scho...
27.4K 559 39
Voldemort is gone and Hermione Granger has been invited to return to Hogwarts to complete her eighth year. The world is not what it used to be and sh...
1.5K 57 31
Updates every Monday and Thursday The world is a web of decisions. What we decide today changes our tomorrow. Each one of us is interconnected in thi...