Try Me - ENDED

By h1psterch1ck

After 15 year old Cassie's father cheats on her mother, both Cassie and Cassie's mom abandon him for New York... More

Chapter Six - Trip to a Teacher's?
Chapter Four - the bond
Chapter 8 - A shitty personality ruins a pretty face
SPOILER ALERT!
Chapter Nine - Friends... with benifits?
Try me
Chapter Three - My first music lesson
Chapter Nine - A turn for the worst?
Chapter Seven - The feelings are returned
Chapter Two - My first day
SORRY

Chapter Five -

156 3 5
By h1psterch1ck

It was now Friday. The week pasted by and I gew closer and closer with the girls as well as Mr. Todd. I would stop casually walk by the music department hoping he was stop me to have a little chat. Oh and if he didn't, then I would go to his office after school and just chat until it was my curfew. Most nights were normal and calm, but one night in particular stood out. As if it were a flamboyant vegas show girl in a line of nuns. Maybe that was a bit too extreme, but basically, I hadn't even tried setting this conversation up. In fact, it was him who started to dialog... not me. 

"How did you do on the Spanish exam?" Milly asked us. Gracie looked at me before answering. I hinted she could go first.

"Great, I know I passed it!" she said smiling brightly.

"Well that's just 'cause your mom's spanish Gracie! I passed out of pure talent! How 'bout you, Cass?" Milly said. 

I looked up at her with my big glossy eyes. I didn't want to tell anybody, but that fucking Spanish test pretty much crashed my whole entire day. "I probably failed," I muttered.

Gracie came over to comfort me but I just shooed her away. "Y'all, I'm so damn thirsty! Are you allowed out of your room? I am gonna literally pass out inna minute!" I asked. 

"Just use the bathroom tap," Gracie said.

"Our cold water's broken, smart-ass!" Milly snapped jokingly. 

"Oh, yeah!"

"I'm just gonna go down the the nearest water fountain, where is that?" I asked sounding probably just as stupid as I thought I was.

Milly gave me the "are you serious?" look and then walked me just out the door and pointed. I laughed, thanked her, and she went back inside. I starred down the long an dark hallway. I wondered down it. Unintentionally, I could feel myself gravitating towards "M" block (which was just around the corner) to see Mr. Todd, when almost as if I had planned it, I ran into Mr. Todd. 

"What the hell are you doing out of bed?" he asked keeping his voice at a low. 

"I was just going to get some water, I.. I.." I began. My head felt as if it were being invaded from all areas. My eye lids grew heavier as well as my body and I spoke up, "Sir, I don't feel too well!" 

"Oh, Cassie, my oh my," he said seemingly jokily. We both just stood there, pressed up against the wall. "Here come in my office, I have some asprin, don't tell, I'm not allowed to give students medication." We turned down the hall and went into his office. I sat down on the red puffy chair I always sat on. While he persistently looked for the medicine, I had a quick look at his bulletin board. It was covered in news articles including things about the schools' music program, some even included articles specifically about him. One thing caught my eye in particular, and of course, it was a picture of him and a beautiful lady about his age. The two of them seemed overwhelmingly happy somewhere on a sunny beach. "Here's the! -" he paused as he saw me looking at the picture. "That's my wife and I on our honeymoon last year," he said smiling and he pulled the picture down.

"Where was it?" I asked.

"Florida/Alabama area, told you I loved them southern accents!" he laughed.

"Good choice!" I said passionately. 

"My wife chose it, I just wanted to go to the Jersey Shore, but no, it had to be fantastic!" he sighed.

"I've always wanted to go to the beaches in Jersey."

"Same, I've never been either.. It's my 26th birthday next weekend, hopefully my wife treats me to a trip there?" I laughed. He handed me the medicine. "How was orchestra by the way, I couldn't make it to the rehersals?" 

"Good, good, I don't think he likes me though."

"Mr. Eagercross? Yeah he doesn't like anyone! Don't worry, tomorrow's rehersals Saturday morning will go great!" 

"Hope so, thanks Mr. Todd, I'll be heading off to bed now."

"Good night, Cassie!"

"'Night!"

********* Saturday morning

By the time Gracie and Milly were just waking up, I was already showered, dressed and ready. Unlike usual I caked a bunch of make up on my face. Since it was a Saturday, uniform code didn't apply, therefor, me wearing a low cut top, a short tight skirt and tights would be absolutely fine. 

"You're up early! Oh, and where did you go to get water? Great wall of fucking China?! You were gone ages, is that my skirt?" Milly rambled on. 

"Chill out, it's just for an hour, I have orchestra!" I replied. 

"Oh orchestra, with Mr. Todd," Gracie cooed. 

"Don' think I'm off that easy, Mr. Eagercross is the conductor, Mr. Todd just helps out. Plus, I don't see why you guys get so worked up over him, he's just another guy!" I said arogantly as I applied even more blush. 

"I don't think you understand, we've been going to an all girls school since 4th grade, the only boys we see are in our dreams!" Milly explained.

"Well not totally, there's always parties for the two schools," Gracie began.

"Go on!" I pleaded.

"Okay, okay! Well basically New York High School for Boys and our school are sorta.. connected, so sometimes there are events hosting both schools!" Gracie explained.

"Once we get to know each other, swap phone numbers, facebooks..." Milly said holding me at suspense.

"We basically get together, that's all!" Gracie said, ending it all. 

"Alright guys, I'm about to go, how do I look?" I asked the two of them.

"Well since you aren't trying to impress Mr. Todd, does this little look happen to be for Mr. Eagercross?" Gracie joked. 

"Eww, as if! Alright bye guys, I'll see you later!" I rushed out the door as I heard the two of them flop back down on their beds.

I casually walked down the hall, up the stairs and into the main music room. On the beautiful stained glass doors a note read PRACTICE MOVED TO زي

I stared at the note in awe. How was I meant to read this? G something, I thought. Alright, well G block is the extension of music block/geography. Okay, I'm getting somewhere, and the music rooms lead up to 6, so it's nothing passed G6. I took my best judgement and went to G2. 

I ran up to G block my leather bag which contained my sheet music bouncing about. I checked inside of G2; unlucky. I back-tracked to G1; finally. I opened the door and my somewhat trusty bag decided to explode on me. What I thought was going to be a cunning and sly entrance turned out to be the most embarassing moment of my life in the past year. "Why are you late, Ms. Clayton? We need a piano player!" Mr. Eagercross bellowed at me as I was picking up the sheet music. 

With the whole class staring at me, I took my seat at the shiney black and glossy grand piano. I took out the page long music he gave us yesterday. I looked around the massive classroom in search of Mr. Todd. Sitting in the back of the class instructing the bass players was Mr. Todd! He looked up for a quick second and gave me a smile. My heart pounded faster. I just began to play when.. "What is that doing out?" Mr. Eagercross sneered through his yellow teeth. 

"What the piano, or the music?" I asked.

"The music, stupid girl, you were meant to learn it by heart! It's only 6 lines, that's simple enough!"

"I don't have a piano, I'm sure you know that, and frankily, right now I don't think my mother has the budget to hire the over-priced practice rooms at this school," I snapped angerly yet calmly. 

Mr. Eagercross looked appauled. "Well that's unfortunate, how are you going to practice then? You must have some plan!" 

My face grew hot as I felt every one's eyes fall upon me. I begged my deepest thoughts to come up with an answer, but I had nothing.

"Oh, Mr. Eagercross, Cassie's mother and I had a little conversation on the phone, I'm sorry I just haven't had a chance to discuss it with either you or Cassie," Mr. Todd laughed, "but Cassie will be getting private tutoring and piano access with me after practice today and every other Saturday as well, any other time you feel is appropriate that she should practice let me know, I'll scheduele it in!" 

I turned around, shocked as ever. "Ah, I see, saved by the Todd, Cassie, anyway let's continue!" 

We continued on with the lesson, and for the rest of the hour I couldn't take my eyes off him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117 0 27
It's your typical love story, except it's not. She fell in love hard and fast, he fell in love too fast. My best friend, my partner in crime, my comp...
35 0 9
"Love is like a rocket that crash lands onto your planet of hearts, causing a disruption so unanticipated & catastrophic but yet so enticing" Aww, Hi...
47.1K 2.6K 72
"They were like parallel lines... close, but never together." ❤ STARTED :13th JANUARY 2021 FINISHED: 25th APRIL 2021 #Highs...
119 14 14
When Salina gets a promotion in her teaching job and she is assigned Mark's class, the last thing on her mind is to fall for a student. But Mark is c...