Karolyn Bouvier - A Girl With...

By imbkaas

Karolyn Bouvier has just transferred from Beauxbatons to Hogwarts. Now she will have to readjust at the new s... More

Bad Dreams
Strange Happenings
Abandoned
A Friend In Need
A Helping Hand
Possessed
Lost
Secrets
Love
The Plan

The New Girl

3.4K 34 5
By imbkaas

Everything belongs to J.K. Rowling. Except the characters I've created and the storyline :)

- The sorting hat's song is one I found online :)

Okay, So this is my new HP fanfiction. This takes place in the Marauders' Era. I hope you like this new story! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1 - The New Girl

It was September 1st. Remus, James, Peter and Sirius were on the Hogwarts Express on their way to Hogwarts. It was their seventh, and therefore final, year at the school and it was going to be the best year of their lives. James and Remus were discussing why James got to be Head Boy and not Remus, neither of the two understood why Professor Dumbledore chose James. He couldn’t have been more excited though; he was going to share the Head Prefects room with Lily Evans.

Peter was half asleep with his head leaned against the window. He hadn’t been sleeping well the past couple of days. He hadn’t told any of the other boys about his problems, but they had all sensed it in one way or another.

Sirius was looking through his suitcase for his robes. The other boys had changed quickly, but Sirius postponed it as long as he could. When he finally found them, he sighed in annoyance. His mother had given him the wrong robes; the green and silver Slytherin colours graced them. He took them out of the suitcase and left the compartment to find his brother.

         “Regulus!” he muttered as he entered the compartment, in which his brother sat. Regulus looked up at Sirius.

         “What are you doing Sirius?” he asked with an annoyed expression on his long face. Sirius and Regulus had never been that close. Sure they were brothers, but that didn’t mean much to the two of them. Their mother had always favoured Regulus over Sirius.

         “You have my robes.” Sirius snarled and threw the Slytherin robes at his brother. Regulus just took out his wand and mumbled a spell. Sirius’ robes came flying out of his brothers’ suitcase. Regulus caught them and threw them at Sirius.

         “Thanks.” He sulked and left. Sirius despised Regulus; they were the exact opposite of each other. Sirius was a brave Gryffindor, Regulus a sneaky Slytherin. Sirius was slowly walking back towards his friends, when he bumped into someone.

         “Sorry.” He muttered.

         “Oh my goodness. Don’t apologize! It’s my fault, I wasn’t looking.” The girl he had walked into gushed. Sirius lifted his eyes from the floor and looked at the girl. Her hair was pitch black, and fell in curls over her shoulders and back. Her almond-shaped eyes were purple, and at that moment widened in surprise. Her cheeks were flushed and her lips were slightly parted as she regarded Sirius with curiosity. She had on her robes, but there was no badge with the house colours, or any other sign of which house she was in.

         “No it’s not. I’m the one to blame.” Sirius choked out. The girl smiled at him.

         “Shouldn’t we just share the blame, and forget it happened?” she asked, her voice was like an angels’. He noticed she had a slight French accent.

         “Sure. That sounds great.” Sirius said, the girl giggled and began to walk away, “Wait!” he yelled.

The girl stopped and turned to face him, “Yes?”

         “What’s your name?” the girl looked amused for a second.

         “Karolyn.” She pronounced her name in French.

         “I’m Sirius.”

         “It’s nice to meet you, Sirius. But I have to go, I'll see you later.” She said and began walking again. Sirius noticed she went into the compartment he had just gotten out of. Damn his brother. Regulus did definitely not deserve a girl that beautiful. Sirius snorted and went back to his friends.

When Karolyn entered the compartment it became quiet. The guys all stopped talking and they all looked at her. The smiled at them and sat down next to the one named Regulus. He was the first person she talked to on this train, he had seemed bewildered, and he had stumbled on his words, as he asked her to join him and his friends in their compartment. Karolyn was used to this reaction, every time she met someone they would react like that. Back in France, at the Beauxbatons Academy, it was rarer: Her friends were, like herself, part Veela. Karolyns’ mother was a pure Veela, and her father was a muggle.

She never met her father; she had lived her whole life with her mother. But then her mother died, and she had no legal guardian. Not until she one day, shortly before the summer began, got a phone call from her father. He was now married to a witch, and they had gotten a child together. This child of theirs were born exactly four months after her. It was a boy who went to Hogwarts as well. Severus Snape was his name.

Severus and Karolyn had hit it off well; they were already close friends. He had told her about Hogwarts and about the people. She already knew who Sirius was. According to Severus, he and his friends were a flock of idiots. Severus told Karolyn to stay away from the four boys from Gryffindor. She thought Sirius was sweet though, a little clumsy and not very discreet, but sweet nonetheless. Severus wouldn’t be happy about the things Karolyn was thinking; he was the one to introduce her to Regulus, hoping she wouldn’t make friends with Sirius and his friends. But he couldn’t order her around. Karolyn was in control of her own life and decisions.

         “I just met your brother, Regulus.” She told the boy next to her. Regulus rolled his eyes.

         “Well, I’m sorry then. That couldn’t have been much fun.” He laughed.

         “It was fine. He was actually nice.” Karolyn was lost in thought, recalling her meet with Sirius. He was tall, a lot taller than her, his grey eyes had watched her every movement while they talked, and he was smiling goofily the whole time.

         “My brother? Nice? How is that even possible?”

         “Don’t be so mean, Reg. Everyone can be nice if they want to.”

         “Not my brother.” Karolyn laughed and shook her head. She was glad she had made some friends already. Now she wouldn’t be completely alone when she started school.

................

The train finally arrived to Hogsmeade, and Karolyn went with Regulus and his friends to the carriages, which lead them to the castle. This was the first time Karolyn saw a different wizarding school than Beauxbatons. It was a lot different than the Palace. Beauxbatons was a beautiful palace, as opposed to Hogwarts that was a giant castle. When they arrived at the castle, Professor McGonagall greeted them. She made Karolyn wait with her as the others went into the Great Hall. Tons of people passed the professor and Karolyn, and finally a group of very young, scared kids arrived.

         “Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments you will pass through these doors and join your classmates, but before you take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup.” Said the professor, “You will all wait here until they are ready for you inside.” She continued and turned to face Karolyn.

         “You will have to be sorted as well. The only way to do this is with the first years. You will enter with the students and I, they will be sorted first and then it will be your turn. Is that okay with you, miss Bouvier?” McGonagall asked. Karolyn nodded slowly. She had no clue how this was going to go. “Good. I have to make sure they’re ready for us. I'll be back soon.” The professor continued and left. Karolyn looked at the group of first years, most of them looked absolutely terrified, but there were a few in between with eager and excited looks on their faces. One of the scared looking kids poked Karolyn and she looked down at the kid. It was a little girl; her hair was bright pink and her eyes golden.

         “Excuse me ma’am.” She peeped; Karolyn smiled and crouched down in front of her.

         “Hey sweetie.”

         “What’s going to happen? How will the sorting take place?”

         “I actually don’t know. I just got here too. I have to be sorted as well.”

         “But you’re old!”

Karolyn chuckled, “I came from another school. We don’t have the same houses, so I have to be re-sorted.” She said.

         “Oh… okay.” The girl muttered.

         “What’s your name?” Karolyn questioned.

         “Adira Malfoy.”

         “Adira is a very unique name. It suits you well. You’re a metamorphmagus, right?” the girl nodded, and to prove the point she turned her hair pitch black. “Don’t do that. The pink suits you!” Karolyn added. Adira giggled and turned it back.

         “What’s your name?”

         “Karolyn.”

         “Karolyn is a beautiful name, it suits you too. You’re beautiful.” Adira peeped, and then quietly added, “I wish I was beautiful.”

         “You are beautiful. Don’t ever believe anything else.” Karolyn said and ruffled Adiras’ hair. This was when McGonagall returned.

         “They’re ready for you. Miss Bouvier, come with me. First years, follow us!” she said and the huge wooden doors opened up in front of them to reveal the Great Hall. All the first years marvelled over the looks of the hall. Karolyn just looked straight ahead; she had noticed all the looks from the students who sat at the four tables, she hated being the centre of attention. It had been like this ever since she hit puberty. She had often wishes she wasn’t her mothers’ daughter. She wished she wasn’t part Veela.

They finally stopped right in front of a stool with an old wizards hat. McGonagall stepped aside so everyone could see the hat. After a while it began singing.

Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,

But don't judge on what you see,

I'll eat myself if you can find

A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,

Your tops hats sleek and tall,

For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat

And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head

The Sorting Hat can't see,

So try me on and I will tell you

Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,

Where dwell brave of heart,

Their daring, nerve, and chivalry

Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,

Where they are just and loyal,

Those patient Hufflepuffs are true

And unafraid of toil;

Or yet wise old Ravenclaw,

If you've a ready mind,

Where those of wit and learning,

Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin

You'll make your real friends,

Those cunning folk use any means

To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!

And you won't get in a flap!

You're safe in my hands

- Though I have none -

For I'm a Thinking Cap!!

The whole student body broke into applause, when the hat had finished the song. Sirius and his friends clapped with everyone else. During the song, Sirius hadn’t been able to look away from Karolyn.

         “Padfoot!” hissed Remus and pulled Sirius out of his trance.

         “What?”

         “What are you staring at?” asked James quietly.

         “That girl up there, the one next to McGonagall. She’s the one I told you about on the train. The beautiful one.” Said Sirius and gazed at Karolyn.

         “Who is she?”

         “I don’t know Moony. I barely talked to her for 30 seconds. I only got her name.” Sirius said her name like it was the most precious thing he had, “Karolyn.”

         “Padfoot, you don’t even know her, and yet you sound like a love-struck fool.” Sniggered James. The sorting had begun and Sirius ignored his friends’ snarky comments about him, and concentrated on the sorting instead. Clapping when a new student was sent to Gryffindor. One after one, the little kids were sorted, but not Karolyn. She stood impatiently next to McGonagall. She kept her eyes fixated on the dwindling group of first years. Only once did she move. When a little pink-haired girl was sorted into Slytherin she clapped and smiled at the girl. Sirius heart leaped when he saw that smile. When was it her turn? He crossed his fingers, and wished she would get sorted in Gryffindor. Finally the last kid was sorted, he ended in Hufflepuff. McGonagall looked at Karolyn and then turned to the crowd.

         “Students! As you may have noticed, I have a special person up here with me. This is Karolyn Bouvier. She is transferring from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, and will therefore need to be sorted. I ask you all, especially the seventh years, to make her feel welcome. Miss Bouvier, please take a seat.” Said McGonagall and gestured towards the stool. Everyone in the Great Hall was now quiet; all watched Karolyn in expectation. She sat down on the stool and McGonagall placed the sorting hat on her head.

         “SLYTHERIN!” it yelled. Sirius heart sank when he saw her walk down to the Slytherin table where she sat down next to Snivellus and Regulus. How could they already know her? Snivellus put his arm around her and gave her a side-hug. Anger rose inside of Sirius. He couldn’t already have lost his shot at this girl. No matter what it took, he would get this girl from Regulus and Snivellus. Those two didn’t deserve her.

Karolyn smiled happily at her half-brother and friend, as she joined them at their table.

         “Welcome to Slytherin, sister.” Said Severus, and put his arm around her, pulling her in for a side-hug.

         “Thanks, Severus.” She said and leaned her head on his shoulder. Yes sure, Severus thought she was beautiful; the hair, the body and her eyes, she was perfect in every way possible. Regulus had even asked him if he liked her, it was a perfectly valid question, considering they had lived together during the summer. But no, he didn’t. Severus’ love was only for Lily Evans, the red-haired beauty from Gryffindor. He was going to protect Karolyn though, he knew about her being part Veela, and he had noticed the reactions of the other guys when they saw her. She was his sister, and he made it his mission to protect her against other blokes. No one was going to hurt this girl. Not on his watch. The tables were suddenly filled with food, to the surprise and amusement of the first year. They were all ooh-ing over all the food. Severus began taking some of the food onto his plate. 

         “How was the train ride?” he asked.

         “It was fine. I met that boy you told me about. Regulus’ brother.” Karolyn smirked and began eating.

         “Sirius?” asked Severus and looked at the Gryffindor table and the four marauders. He noticed both Sirius and Remus were staring at the girl next to him.

         “Yes, that’s the one.” Said Karolyn and waved quickly at the Gryffindor boys. Sirius’ eyes widened and he immediately looked down at his plate. “I know you told me he was a jerk, but he seemed pretty nice when I met him.” She continued.

         “It’s all an act. Don’t trust him.” Regulus muttered.

         “Why do you all hate him so much?” Karolyn was getting curious. No one deserved to be hated, not in her mind at least. She had never hated anyone, and no one had ever hated her. She didn’t know how it was possible to conjure such feelings, and she didn’t want to be able to hate. It was a disgusting feeling.

         “He hates us, we hate him. It’s a mutual feeling.” Shrugged Severus.

Regulus chuckled, “Our mother always favoured me. Sirius left our family as soon as possible. He moved out this summer, after he inherited some money from our late uncle, causing our mother to disown him. He made his choice to leave the family, he’s not a part of it anymore.”

         “That’s so sad.” Karolyn said, as a knot was formed in her stomach whilst Regulus spoke.

         “Hey… don’t worry about it. He’s doing great on his own. Better than when he lived at home. It’s his own decision.” He said and patted her comfortingly on her back. Karolyn smiled and went back to eating. She already knew she was in for an interesting last year of school here at Hogwarts. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

342K 9.7K 59
Jasmine Paine is just a regular girl, or so she thought. One day se gets this letter from a school she has never heard of that said she is a witch. S...
116 0 1
The year is 1972. Regulus Black is entering into his first year at Hogwarts at the dawn of the first Wizarding War. This story is the first of a sev...
9K 332 29
Severus Snape Fanfiction First book in the Arlyn Quinn series Arlyn Quinn was special; since the day she was born, she was magically inclined to a...
592 10 20
Rhiannon Elizabeth Snape is the daughter of the infamous Sirius Black. Rhiannon just finished her sixth/seventh year at Hogwarts and now Severus and...