Zodiac (Final Fantasy XV)

By CelestialShadowWolf

Zodia Xylia Caelum is the younger sister of Noctis. Unlike him, she has suffered from an illness since birth... More

|•I•|
|•II•|
|•III•|
|•IV•|
|•V•|
|•VI•|
|•VII•|
|•VIII•|
|•IX•|
|•X•|
|•XI•|
|•XII•|
|•XIII•|
|•XIV•|
|•XV•|
|•XVII•|
|•XVIII•|
|•XIX•|
|•XX•|
|•XXI•|
|•XXII•|
|•XXIII•|
|•XXIV•|
|•XXV•|
|•XXVI•|
|•XXVII•|
|•XXVIII•|
|•XXIX•|
|•XXX•|
|•XXXI•|
|•XXXII•|
|•XXXIII•|
|•XXXIV•|
|•XXXV•|
|•XXXVI•|
|•XXXVII•|
|•XXXVIII•|
|•XXXIX•|
|•XL•|
|•XLI•|
|•XLII•|
|•XLIII•|
|•XLIV•|
|•XLV•|
|•XLVI•|
|•XLVII•|
|•XLVIII•|
|•XLIX•|
|•L•|
|•LI•|
|•LII•|
|•LIII•|
|•LIV•|
|•LV•|

|•XVI•|

3.2K 78 15
By CelestialShadowWolf

~3rd Person POV~

Three days have passed since all that unfolded at the Disc. Along with their princess, the Regalia was missing as well. Noctis had called upon Cindy to help search for the vehicle while they tried to think of any places to search for Zodia. With no luck, the four sat around a table at Wiz's Chocobo Post. Their heads hung low when they couldn't do anything at the moment.

Out of the blue, Umbra emerged from the tree line and grabbed Noctis' attention. He stood from his chair and chased after the dog, but the others remained glued to their seats. Prompto gazed up to swallow in fear at what was currently standing behind Ignis. With a shaky finger, he pointed to the man who towered over them.

"What's got you in a—" Gladio hushed once he saw what Prompto was staring at. Now Ignis was the only one confused. Slowly, he turned around in his seat to spot a figure cladded in golden armor and a sword with the symbol for judgement engraved on the blade. The tactician showed no sign of fear for he knew who stood before them.

"You're one of the zodiac," he said to the armored figure. With a small clank of his helmet, the zodiac nodded with its red eyes piercing through the three of them.

"Tell me, wise one. Are you the man who holds the Daughter of the Zodiac's heart?" The deep voice from the zodiac rumbled. Ignis simply nods and gets to his feet. "Honesty in a man shines brighter than the sun and stars combined. From the moment I sensed you, I knew of your strong heart and mind. All aside, I am Libra—the sixth zodiac. I beseech you for our daughter does not have much more time. Her life force is slowly dwindling."

"Do you know where she is?" Ignis asked with urgency. Libra raises his sword and stabs it in the soft soil below. A map of Lucis appears with a red dot prominent in the Cleigne region. Prompto and Gladio stood up as they both realized where the dot was located.

"Wait, that's an imperial base that was abandoned years ago. How could she be there?" Prompto questioned Libra.

"A scientist known as Veniol captured and took her to his lab. A man who has lost his mind to power and knows no benevolence. He unwillingly severed his ties with the empire and wishes to use the zodiac blood within our daughter to obtain powers unimaginable."

"What the hell are we waiting for? Let's get our asses moving," Gladio said.

"Once she is safe, give her this in my stead," Libra said, handing over a charm.

Ignis gladly accepted the charm and placed it safely in his pocket. Before the zodiac vanished, he bowed to the three. Prompto ran over to where Noctis went to inform him of Libra's sudden appearance and the whereabouts of his sister.

The two ran back to Ignis and Gladio in a rush and out of breath. Noctis spilt what Gentiana had said before catching his breath completely.

"Let's split up into two groups. Someone will come with me to Ramuh's trial. The others will head to the base and rescue my sister," Noctis said.

"Isn't it dangerous to split up?" Prompto chimed in.

"It certainly is, but..." Ignis sighs.

"What's up, Iggy?" Gladio asked.

"The Trial of Ramuh must be accomplished briskly and Zodia does not have much longer. I fear our time is very limited and must resort to such a drastic measure."

"Hold on, Specs. What do you mean she doesn't have much longer?" Noctis worriedly asked.

"Libra briefed us only shortly, but... Zodia's life is dwindling due to the actions of Veniol, the scientist who seized her."

"Then, it's settled. I'm not wasting another second while my sister is dying from a crazed scientist. Prom, you go with Ignis to the base. Gladio will come with me to the trial. We'll meet up in Lestallum after all of this is taken care of. Keep in contact, especially after you've saved Zodia." Noctis pulled out the whistle and blowed. When Skye appeared, the poor bird looked around desperately for Zodia with sad chirps.

"I'll take Skye!" Prompto announces. The sapphire feathered bird peeped in confusion but let the blonde on. He sent his Chocobo back to the pen, knowing Skye would want to see Zodia was safe and didn't abandon her. The four split into their groups, their eyes trained on their destinations and goals.

The Chocobos chirped in unison as Ignis and Prompto ran through the woods. It was the quickest, but not the easiest way to the abandoned imperial base. "So, this "Veniol" guy is a crazed scientist after Zodia's blood?" Prompto was running through the information Libra had given them only hours ago.

"According to Libra, yes. A man consumed by power now seeks more. On just little of what he shared, I assume Veniol has heard about Zodia's abilities to control immense amounts of magic and the twelve zodiacs. He relishes her capabilities and craves them for himself."

"Are we gonna have to kill him?"

"Neither of us have taken a human life besides imperial troopers. But... yes, we will. In order for him to cease pursuing her."

"If it's for Zodia, then I won't hesitate. She's one of my best friends and doesn't deserve to be treated like a test subject."

"An answer I wholeheartedly agree upon."

The two grew silent as the base came into view. Infiltrating the base would be a cinch, but they would stay on their toes if Veniol had acquired any MTs before departing from Niflheim. Prompto detected a presence and Ignis peeked from their hiding spot. An old, rusty MT was prowling the perimeter of the base. Its red eyes radiated while trudging the same path. Ignis wanted to keep their presence hidden and took out the machine with a quick slice of his daggers.

Passing the single MT, they enter a door that had a strange red symbol painted on it. A few MTs were inside, but appeared to be in the same condition. One had spotted them, making its way over with creaky movements. The arms spasmed with a small spark every few seconds. Prompto raised his pistol, placing a bullet in its head. The old thing fell to the ground with a loud clank, which they hoped didn't alert Veniol.

Descending a flight of stairs, they understood why the outside appeared abandoned and tarnished. The lab was deep underground and metal panels coated the rock walls. "It seems Veniol does not wish to be found," Ignis states as he saw all the metal.

"Because his lab is underground?" Prompto asked.

"That, and the metal plating deflects any detection mechanisms. Not even the empire would be fortunate to unveil this lab with such advanced technology."

"So, we have a crazy scientist who hides underground. That's one thing I'd never thought we'd encounter on this trip," Prompto said with a slight chuckle. Ignis couldn't believe it, either. He's only seen such men in stories back in Insomnia. He's never thought of facing one in person in his entire life.

The two froze in their steps when a cackle rang throughout the facility. Prompto swallowed hard, raising his pistol to defend himself when the sound reached his ears, making a chill run down his spine. Ignis summoned a single dagger and took the lead, heading to where the evil laughter came from.

Finding themselves in a room full of test tubes and other equipment, Ignis and Prompto found the man behind the chuckles.

Looking closer, they noticed a syringe with strange yellow liquid inside the small glass chamber. The man known as Veniol took the syringe and began walking down a hallway to his left. Ignis and Prompto quickly but quietly followed him. The blonde accidentally kicked a small glass vial, which made Veniol stop in his tracks and spin around. Luckily, Ignis was able to grab Prompto and hide behind a few crates in the narrow hallway.

Seeing the front of Veniol caused Ignis and Prompto to widen their eyes in shock. Blood stained his white sleeves, turning them into a deep red. Convinced he was alone, the delusional scientist continued forward with an eerie grin.

"Y-you don't t-think..." Prompto couldn't even finish his thought. It'd be too painful for him or Ignis to think of such a horrid thing. The tactician remained silent and continued behind Veniol. Prompto inhaled sharply, following behind the advisor closely.

Unfortunately, they had lost sight of the Niflheim scientist in a dark corridor. "Prompto, we must—" The sound of a bloodcurdling scream silenced Ignis. Fear engulfed both men as they recognized the person behind it. All caution thrown out the window, they storm to where the fearful scream came from.

"Just one more dosage and you won't be able to fight back anymore, princess. Now, be still!" Veniol shouts.

Ignis and Prompto ran as fast as they could. A room with only one light shining down on an examination table awaited them. The sight before them brought their blood to a boil. On the metal table was Zodia, strapped down and struggling weakly against Veniol. He stuck the syringe in her neck, causing her to gasp in pain. Prompto aimed his pistol at the glass chamber and fired. The bullet shattered the glass and the yellow liquid splashed everywhere. Ignis took the chance to close the distance between them when Veniol was stunned at the sudden bullet that had missed him and the princess.

"You bastards!" Veniol shouts as Ignis aims a dagger at his neck. The tactician said nothing, his glare was enough to make the man take the needle out of Zodia's neck and back away. Prompto made his way over and undid the straps that held the princess to the examination table quickly but carefully, making sure not to hurt her. Once he freed her of the restraints, Prompto gathered the pale and frail girl in his arms. Veniol lunged for the two, but Ignis stopped him with his dagger.

"Do not move." His voice was much lower than usual. No one has ever heard Ignis with such a threatening tone before.

"You have no idea what her blood is capable of! With the blood of the zodiacs, I can heal injuries no doctor could ever mend! The magic in her blood healed her shattered spine perfectly as if it weren't broken in the first place! The empire will beg me to return and all will praise me like a god!" Veniol's eyes brimmed with envy and hunger. Ignis knew this man was too far gone and nothing could save him from the dark abyss he'd fallen in.

"Prompto, I will handle this. Take Zodia to safety," he said, not even glancing at the blonde. Prompto could hear the resolve in Ignis' voice and did as he was told. With light footsteps, he left the underground lab with Zodia in his arms. Before the door to the lab closed completely, the mad scientist yelled but it was immediately silenced.

The Chocobos dashed towards Prompto while merrily chirping and jumping, loose feathers falling from their plumage and blowing gently in the breeze. Skye spotted Zodia in Prompto's arms and seemed worried for her. The sapphire tinted bird rubbed her cheek against Zodia's pale one. Only one thought went through the cameraman's mind at the beautiful sight.

I hope you'll be alright

Suddenly, Zodia's head hit Prompto's chest. Gazing downwards at the petite girl, he realized she had fainted. "Oh, this is not good—Iggy!" He shouts just as said man emerges from the underground lab. Ignis saw the princess' state and his eyes widened in fear. He charged over to check on her, only to find her pulse was slowly fading.

"We must hurry to Lestallum." Ignis took Zodia from Prompto and got onto his Chocobo. Prompto nodded, following close behind on Skye. With one arm around Zodia, Ignis supported her weight against his chest. Using his other arm, he grabbed the reins and guided the Chocobo to Lestallum in hopes he wouldn't be too late to help the princess.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 649 11
*Book 2 of 2* (This story takes place after the ten year time-skip) After ten long years, (y/n) is finally reunited with her love, Ignis. However, he...
135 9 13
King Regis appointed four of Prince Noctis' friends, Ignis Scientia, Gladiolus Amicitia, Prompto Argentum, and Azura Leonis, to help guide and protec...
41.3K 1.4K 11
*Book 1 of 2* (Y/n) (l/n) has been a good and trusted friend of Noctis and his gang since childhood. However, even though they have told each other v...
55.7K 1.4K 25
Noctis Lucis Caelum Fanfiction!! |English is not my first language, therefore I apologize in advance for spelling errors / grammar and any other mist...