BATGIRL Book One: New Hero of...

By indiaherring

Barbara Gordon starts out in college in Burnside, Gotham while her father is on police patrol. She meets new... More

Prologue: Just Being Myself
Chapter 2: College Day!
Chapter 3: Another Night, Another Day
Chapter 4: A Very Bad Tragedy
Chapter 5: Justice
Chapter 6: Batman and Robin
Chapter 7: Barbara And Dick
Chapter 8: Catwoman
Chapter 9: Robin and Batgirl VS Catwoman
Chapter 10: Gotham Fairgrounds
Chapter 11: "Livewire"
Chapter 12: Happy Birthday, Barbara!
Chapter 13: Happy Unbirthday, Barbara.
Chapter 14: A Weird Encounter
Chapter 15: Gotham Library
Chapter 16: Top Secret
Chapter 17: Investigation
Chapter 18: Something's Wrong
Chapter 19: Learn To Play Your Role
Chapter 20: Taking Back What's Yours
Chapter 21: Help Me Find A Cure

Chapter 1: Batman

148 12 12
By indiaherring

(Batman glides towards the GCPD building and saw Jim standing next to the bat signal smoking.)

Batman: "Commissioner. Montoya."

Jim: "Batman." (He took one more smoke and he threw it on the ground.)

Batman: "What's the status?"

Jim: "We got a bank robbery in downtown. Loads of cash taken from big giant vaults." (Jim turned his back on Batman and Batman slightly tilts his head.)

Batman: "What is it, Commissioner?" (Jim closed his eyes and sighed. He turned around to look at him.)

Jim: "Harvey Dent escaped from prison." (Batman's eyes were in shock.)

Batman: "What?"

Jim: "Yeah, slipped from right under our noses! Seems like someone was smart enough to sneak in and grab him, but who? I have no earthly idea who could it be. Probably your friend Catwoman. Maybe she did it?" (Batman walked up towards him.)

Batman: "No, it can't be her. She's not that shady to let out a criminal like him." (Jim was pacing and thinking.)

Jim: "I don't know. Maybe he let himself out and fooled the guard somehow."

Batman: "No matter what he did, he has to be stopped."

Jim: "Agreed. He's out loose, grabbing cash and the only person I'm relying on is..."

Batman: "Me."

Jim: "That's right. So, get on with it and lock that criminal up in a super prison." (Batman took out his grapple gun.)

Batman: "Don't have to tell me twice, Commissioner. I'll let you know when I got him." (He launched it to a nearby vantage point and took off.)

Renee: "We'll be listening." (Batman landed in front of the bank and saw a blockade.)

Batman: "Not going in that way. Need to find a better way inside." (He looked up and a good way in.)

Batman: "There we go." (He launched himself on the roof and quietly got inside. He saw a lot of masked robbers getting cash.)

Robber #1: (Whistles) "Man, we hit the mother load!"

Robber #4: (Whispers) "Shut up! Do you want somebody to hear you? We're robbing the place with no alarm. So, keep your damn mouth shut or I'll shut it for you!"

Robber #1: (Whispers) "Okay, god!"

Robber #5: "Let's hurry up before the boss gets here and we're all dead." (Batman looked around for the alarm, but he couldn't see a thing. He activated his detective mode in his eyes and saw the alarm.)

Batman: (Whispers) "You think you guys are safe in here, you're wrong."

Alfred: (COM and Whispers) "Batman, what do you think they're planning to do after they get the money?"

Batman: (Whispers) "That's what I want to find out." (He looked everywhere to see what else they have inside the bank. He saw red glowing lights and he squinted to see what it actually was. He found out in a second and his eyes got wide.)

Batman: (Whispers) "They're planning to blow it up."

Alfred: (COM and Whispers) "What?!"

Batman: (Whispers) "After they get the money and leave, they'll blow it up bank to bank and building to building."

Alfred: (COM and Whispers) "You got to stop them at once. Don't hesitate."

Batman: (Whispers) "Right."

Alfred: (COM and Whispers) "Good luck." (Batman turns off his detective mode.)

Batman: (Whispers) "Ten armed robbers with piercing rounds. These men came prepared. Time for an element of surprise." (He took out a smoke bomb, activates it and threw it over where the four guards were standing in a group.)

Robber #5: "Whoa!"

Robber #3: "What the hell?"

Robber #2: "What is this thing?" (He picked it up and it sprayed in his face.)

Robber #3: "Smoke!"

Robber #2: "Ahh! Ahh! I can't see a thing!" (The four guys were talking and Batman showed up silently knocking them all out and shove them in a pile where no one else can see. The others looked around for the rest of the guys.)

Robber #6: "Hey, where'd the rest go? Weren't they just here?"

Robber #1: "Uh-oh. Everyone, we got ourselves a problem among us."

Robber #4: "I don't like this."

Robber #10: "Man, shut up! You never like nothing!" (Batman saw one guy walking past him and Batman grabbed him to put him in a sleeper hold.)

Robber #9: "Francis! Francis, report!" (There was nothing, but static.)

Robber #4: "Oh, no. This is really bad!"

Robber #10: "Shut up before I will..." (Suddenly, they heard a vehicle screeching loud and one of them noticed it was coming closer.)

Robber #1: "Move!" (They all moved out of the way and a truck crashed in the bank making a huge hole through the building. The boss got out of the trunk and raised his hands up.)

Harvey: "Hello, gentlemen. Did you get the money?"

Robber #1: "We did, sir, but something caught up with us." (Harvey raised his eyebrow and walked towards the guy.)

Harvey: "I'm sorry, but may you repeat that...again?"

Robber #1: "We did get the money, boss, but something caught up with us." (Harvey laughed wheezing.)

Harvey: "Wait, so let me get this straight. You guys got the money, but something caught up with you? Am I right?" (He took out a pistol from his holster. Batman remained in the shadows while he thinks of a plan to approach him.)

Robber #1: "Yes, sir."

Two-Face: "I see. How about we...flip the situation here?" (He grinned evilly. The guy sweats with fear.)

Robber #1: "Oh, no. No, no."

Two-Face: "No? Well, that's too bad, isn't it?" (He flip the two sided coin and he caught it. The guy was really terrified of what the result is and it landed on the bad one.)

Two-Face: "Oh, dear. It would seem to me that you have faced the death penalty. Say goodbye to the family and the world because you're not seeing them pretty soon."

Robber #1: "No, no, no! Please, n-" (A gunshot went off and the other guys got a little shocked at first, but toughened up. Two-Face was mad as he puts the gun away.)

Two-Face: "Alright, here's how this is going to go! You boys are going to load up this trunk full of cash and we're getting the hell out of here! No one takes a break at all! Anyone who yawns, sleep, or even goof off, is going to die by the coin! Anyone who doesn't kill anything that stands in our way is going to die by the coin! Anyone who doesn't follow my orders is going to die by the coin! Do you understand me?!"

Robber #10: "Yes, boss!" (The other guys agreed with that and Batman took his chance and grabbed Two-Face from behind.)

Robber #4: "It's Batman!" (They all had their weapons on him.)

Batman: "Everyone drop your weapons or I'll get angry." (The robbers were pretty dumb, so they went ahead and dropped them on the floor.)

Two-Face: "Grr. Idiots!"

Batman: "Now, Two-Face. What are you going to use this money for? Spill it or I'll sound the alarm."

Two-Face: "Ooh...I'm really scared right now. You are wasting time because after we leave with this cash, we're blowing this place up with a big boom." (He laughed.)

Batman: "You may think that, but I already took care of it. Your bombs will never go off. I disabled them."

Two-Face: "What?!"

Batman: "That's right. Now tell me or I'll ring it."

Two-Face: "Never in your life, Batman!"

Batman: "I had a feeling you were going to say that." (He threw another smoke bomb and beats up the rest of the guys. Then he threw a batarang straight at the alarm bell in slow motion.)

Two-Face: "NOOOO!!" (The batarang hits the alarm and it went off loud as the thunder. Police sirens went off and Two-Face rolled his eyes.)

Two-Face: "Damn it!" (He started running and Batman chased after him. Two-Face was climbing up the ladder on top of the building and Batman was already there.)

Batman: "There's nowhere else to run, Two-Face!"

Two-Face: "On the contrary, I could always shoot my way out." (He tries to shoot Batman, but he swiped it out of his hand.)

Batman: "Enough of this, Two-Face! Tell me what are you using the money for!"

Two-Face: "Alright, I'm using the money to make me a mayor of Gotham and command people to get what I want! Anyone who disobeys me, gets to decide their fate on this coin. Life or death." (He flipped the coin on each side and grinned.)

Batman: "You can't use this money just to be mayor. It isn't right and you're a criminal who needs to be in a tight cell where he can never escape!"

Two-Face: "That's the thing. I don't want to be in a jail cell. I want to be free from this pain and having that money will just about do it." (Batman walked towards him.)

Batman: "You're delusional, Two-Face. This needs to stop. You're not taking the money."

Two-Face: "You're right. This does need to stop and I'll do that for choosing my fate."

Batman: "Don't be stupid, Dent! Committing death to yourself is wrong!"

Two-Face: "You don't get to boss me around. I have the coin! I boss myself!" (He flipped the coin and Batman caught it.)

Two-Face: "No, give me my coin!"

Batman: "You won't need this, but you will get this instead." (He headbutted him and he got knocked out. He took out his wrist COM.)

Batman: "Jim, Two-Face has been knocked out and the bank has been clear. You can come get him. He's on top of the building."

Jim: (COM) "Good and the money?"

Batman: "Safe and it has never left the bank."

Jim: (COM) "Excellent work. We got the rest. Thanks, Batman."

Batman: "Anytime, Jim." (He grappled away to get more bad guys. Meanwhile, back in the Gordons Residence, Barbara was eating fries when the news popped up.)

Jack Ryder: "We are brought to you live at Gotham Channel Four Action News. There has been a robbery at Downtown inside Gotham Bank. The leader of this robbery was known as Two-Face. He and his gang were stealing cash money from the vaults and luckily the police came here just in the nick of time. And speaking of in the nick of time, Batman helped stopped Two-Face from falling to his death and he is going away in prison for a very, very long time." (Barbara turns off the television.)

Barbara: "Wow. I wonder how this 'Batman' has gotten so good at fighting crime. How I get to see him one day, at least." (Barbara yawned and looked at the time as it was getting late.)

Barbara: "Geez, it's 10:00. I better rest up if I'm going to college." (Barbara went in the room and went to sleep. Jim got home and hanged up his trenchcoat of the racket. He searched for Barbara in the house.)

Jim: "Barbara! I'm back! Babes?" (He looked in her room and noticed that she was in bed asleep. Jim smiled and went to her to kiss her forehead and moved a little strand of hair away from her face and placed it with the rest of her red hair.)

Jim: "Pleasant dreams, my angel." (He left her room and went to sleep himself.)

(End Chapter 1: Batman)

What do you guys think of this chapter? Be honest. Is it cool? Is it interesting? Is it bland and boring? Like I said, this is a little taste of what it's going to be like and Barbara in the next chapter is going to college, so I need your opinions. Anyways, vote and comment on what you thought. Thanks! I hope you liked this! 😄😁😉👍👍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 97 47
**Based off of the New 52/Rebirth Storylines as well as some Arrowverse characters** After a mysterious illness affect the men on Earth, most of the...
6.8K 182 26
Being Batman's daughter isn't all fun and games. After finally convincing him to take me with him, I became Batwoman. People often confuse me as his...
My Hero By Alex

Fanfiction

3.2K 142 10
Barbara Gordon never wished for any of this; the secrets, the lies she told to her police commissioner father. Of the ways she spent her night, prowl...
59.6K 1.5K 14
Barbara Gordon and her father, James Gordon, are ready to set off on a Winter vacation when her Dad jumps in front of her saving her from the impact...