The Tales of Black I (Origina...

By pr3ttykittycat

I never thought my life would be difficult because of my parents. I mean, I already lived with my aunt and un... More

Chapter One: The First Meetings
Chapter Two: The Sorting
Chapter Three: First Day
Chapter Four: The Twins
Chapter Five: the Mirror of Erised
Chapter Six: Pup
Chapter Seven: Crazy Bum
Chapter Eight: Quidditch
Chapter Nine: December
Chapter Eleven: Brains vs. Brawn
Chapter Twelve: End of the Year
Re-writing Tales of Black!

Chapter Ten: Christmas

249 11 1
By pr3ttykittycat

[Chapter Ten]

Fred, George, and I stood in the entrance hall to see Terry off. Lee was standing with us, he was leaving for the holidays too and he had agreed to make sure that none of the Slytherins would mess with Terry on the train.

“Where is that boy?” I asked. “The train will be leaving soon.”

“There he is!” George said, pointing to the top of the staircase, where Terry was dragging his trunk along.

“Hurry up, Boot!” I called.

“Oh, shove it,” he said as he made it to us.

I laughed and hugged him.

“Have a good Christmas,” I said. He hugged me back.

“I will, don’t worry,” he said before he pulled away. He tried shaking hands with Fred, but instead, Fred pulled him into a bone-crushing hug.

“Don’t you dare forget about us, Terry!” Fred cried dramatically.

“Er, it’s just two week,” Terry choked out, his face turning red. “I can’t breath!”

“Sorry,” said Fred, putting him back on the floor.

I giggled. Terry picked up his trunk and started toward the door.

“Bye!” I said.

“Bye!” he called back.

Lee said goodbye to us and then picked up his trunk and went after Terry.

When he was gone, Fred and George each grabbed one of my arms and started dragging me somewhere.

“You guys, where are we going?” I protested, trying to gather my own strength, but it was no use. As an eleven year old that barely reached four feet, I stood no chance against two thirteen-year-old almost-six-foot monsters.

“It won’t be much of a surprise,” George said.

“Yeah, so just hush up,” said Fred.

“And here we are!” George said as we stopped in front of the Ravenclaw common room.

“Erm, what are we doing here?” I asked.

“No questions. Get some clothes and a toothbrush and then come back down,” Fred requested.

I raised an eyebrow, didn’t question them as he said. I went up to my empty dorm and emptied my knapsack of my school stuff and filled it with a few pairs of jeans, some t-shirts, underwear, my toothbrush, hairbrush, and (just because I had a bit of a hunch) a set of pajamas. Before I left, I got out of my school uniform and changed into navy sweat pants and one of Tonk’s old t-shirts before pulling on Fred’s jumper and leaving the room.

“Got everything?” Fred asked as he and George met me back outside.

I nodded.

“Come on then!” George exclaimed, grabbing my arm.

“So what are we doing?” I asked.

“We’re going to sneak you into our dorms for the holidays,” said Fred with a wink.

Oh, how did I know it? I thought.

They led me to a part of the castle in which I had never been too and walked straight up to a portrait of a fat lady. I’d heard about her, but never actually had seen her, so I pretty much gawked at her.

“She’s not a Gryffindor,” the Fat Lady said simply.

“Oh, come on,” said Fred. “She’s the only Ravenclaw staying and we don’t want her to be alone.”

“Yeah, come one,” said George. “How can you possibly say no to that face?”

Fred nudged me forward and I stared at the Fat Lady as she stared back at me.

“Oh, all right,” she said. “Password?”

“Pig snout,” George said.

The Fat Lady’s portrait swung forward and I was shoved inside a room completely decked with red and gold. It wasn’t like the Ravenclaw common room at all.

They had squashy armchairs, couches, and a few tables in one small area. The Ravenclaw common room had more tables, a single couch in front of the fireplace, and there were bookshelves lining all the way around the room, under a wooden platform that led to the separate stairwells that led to the dorms. Personally, I preferred my own common room to Fred and George’s.

Fred and George yanked me along to a spiral staircase and pushed open door under a plaque that read “Third Years.”

The dorm looked just like mine, but in scarlet and gold.

“You’ll be in our dorm, since we’re the only ones in our year that stayed,” George explained.

“You can sleep there,” said Fred, pointing to the bed next to the one with a trunk initialed “F.W.”

I sat my knapsack on the bed and we headed back down to the common room just as Ron and Harry entered, melted snow glittering in their hair.

“Lucy, what’re you doing in here?” Ron asked, staring wide-eyed at me.

“It was their idea,” I said, jerking my thumb at Fred and George, who both wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

“We can’t have our little Lucy all alone in the Ravenclaw common room, now can we?” Fred cooed.

They sat me down on a couch between them and I sat there listening to their plans for pranking.

“What do you think, Lu?” George asked.

“Should we send Snape a box on Dungbombs for Christmas?” Fred asked.

I snorted.

“Sure, why not?” I said as the Percy Weasley climbed through the portrait hole and caught sight of me at once.

“What is she doing in here?” he demanded. “She’s a Ravenclaw, she’s not supposed to be in here.”

“She’s staying in Gryffindor tower for Christmas,” George said.

“You can complain to any of the professors you want, but we already arranged it with Flitwick, McGonagall, and Dumbledore,” Fred said firmly.

“And you didn’t bother to tell me this?” I asked.

“Nope.”

~x~

That night, instead of going to Azkaban, my dreams took me to a large mansion. Someone was dragging me by my arm, but whenever I looked up to see his or her face, all I could see was darkness. I glanced around and in the dim moonlight all I could see were my midnight blue robes billowing in the wind.

We entered the mansion and three people greeted us. The Malfoys.

Lucius smirked at me, and it was an unpleasant sight. He looked as if he hadn’t been clean-shaven in weeks. Narcissa gave me a cold stare as I glared back. Draco scoffed at the sight of me and stalked out of the room.

There was a maniacal cackle from beside me and I slowly turned to see my mother pulling down the hood of her robes.

“Let me go,” I said in a harsh whisper. “Let me go back to Andromeda and Ted.”

“I will not allow my daughter to live with those…blood-traitors,” she said coldly.

“I’d rather live with the blood-traitors than you,” I retorted.

Bellatrix raised her hand and struck me across the face.

I gasped in surprise, holding my cheek. It stung and it raised a bitter hatred in my chest.

“And you wonder why I hate you so much,” I snarled.

Bellatrix gave another cackle as she pulled out her wand.

“Perhaps this ought to teach you to respect your mother,” she said. She pointed her wand at me. “Crucio!

It was like an electric shock, being stabbed to death, and being tossed at the surface of the sun all rolled into one.

A high-pitched, piercing scream filled the air, and I soon realized it was my own.

When it died down to nothing, I was left on the floor, sobbing. I couldn’t move, the essence of the curse still lingered in my veins.

After a moment, I regain a bit feeling, particularly in my jaw.

“You will never break me,” I whispered, my voice hoarse.

Crucio!

I rolled over the side of my bed, right into the floor. I sat up, not knowing where I was.

As the hot tears stung my cool cheeks, I remembered the day before where Fred and George had brought me up to the Gryffindor tower.

I hiccup, seeing Fred stir in his bed.

“Lu, why are you on the floor?” he murmured sleepily. “Are you crying?”

“I had a bad dream,” I said rubbing my eyes.

“Come here,” he whispered, he held his blanket up so I could slide in.

I obeyed without any protests, climbing into his bed next to him.

“Gosh, you’re freezing,” he said, wrapping his arms around me.

I didn’t answer. I pressed my cold cheek against his warm neck.

“Don’t worry, I won’t let anyone hurt you,” he mumbled, his hot breath caressing my scalp.

I sniffed and snuggled closer to the warm ginger.

In the morning I awoke to lights on my eyes. I cracked my eyes open to see the window bright with light from the snow.

In front of me was Fred, who still had his arms wrapped around me. He was fast asleep, his face looking rather peaceful. As I inspected his freckled face, I realized he was, in fact, kind of cute.

Oh, gosh, I couldn’t believe I was thinking that.

It’s funny how when I was younger, I would always tell Tonks that boys were icky and here I am, sleeping in the same bed as one.

Oh, God, I’m sleeping in the same bed as one.

I tried to wiggle out of Fred’s grasp, but his arms only tightened.

“Dammit, woman, stop it,” he growled.

I froze, looking into his brown eyes.

“Please let me go,” I groaned.

“No, you’re warm,” he mumbled, burying his face into my hair.

“I need to pee,” I said.

“So hold it,” he retorted.

“I may be a girl, but I am not afraid to pee on your leg, Fred Weasley,” I hissed.

Fred let go of me, and I got up, grabbing my bag and running to the bathroom. I changed out of my pajamas (a congratulations gift from Tonks with the Ravenclaw crest embroidered on the chest pocket) and into some jeans and one of my school blouses and pulled Fred’s jumper over it.

I walked back into the dorm and sat down on my borrowed bed. George was up by now and while I was gone, he and Fred had changed as well.

“So what are we doing today?” I asked.

“I dunno yet,” Fred said, shrugged.

“We’ll try to figure something out at breakfast,” said George.

We went down to the Great Hall to find instead of the five usual tables, there was just one. Harry and Ron were already there, chowing down on everything they could see. At the end of the table were the teachers, talking and eating. At the other end, there were two Hufflepuff students (brothers, most likely), one probably a second year the other in Fred and George’s year or higher. Fred, George, and I sat in front of Harry and Ron.

I immediately loaded my plate with pancakes, bacon, eggs, and sausage, and then poured syrup over the pancakes.

After my third helping of pancakes, Fred chuckled.

“Hungry?”

“Yes, very!” I said.

“Bout time you get some meat on those bones,” George said, prodding me in the ribs. “You have the boniest elbows I’ve ever seen. They’re kind of sharp, too.”

“Shut up,” I said.

“No, really, he’s right,” said Fred, lifting up my arm and moving the joint. “I’m surprised you didn’t gouge my stomach out in your sleep last night.”

“What?” George exclaimed.

“Er…” Fred turned red. “Well, we sort of slept together.”

I turned pink myself, gnawing on a piece of bacon.

“You two…” George look from me to Fred.

“It’s not like we did anything!” Fred protested at the accusing look on his brother’s face. “She just had a bad dream she looked like she needed comfort!”

“Yeah, comforts it,” George said, smirking as he turned back to his plate.

I jabbed him in the side with my elbow.

“Ow, your elbows are sharp!” he complained.

~x~

On Christmas morning, Fred and I were woken up by George jumping up and down on the bed. The past week, my slumber (and visits to Azkaban) had been interrupted by the same image of mummy dearest torturing me.

“Come on you, two!” he shouted. “It’s Christmas, wake up!”

I sat up and shoved him off the bed.

“Quit it, you bugger!” I shouted.

Fred chuckled as I got up and went to the other bed, where my knapsack sat. I watched as George poked the top of his head up from the other side of Fred’s bed, glaring intently at me.

Before I could react, George leapt off the floor, over Fred’s bed, and onto mine, tackling me and knocking me onto the floor. Fred jumped up and joined him as they started tickling me.

High-pitched giggles erupted from my lips as they attacked.

“No!” I shouted in between giggles. “Stop it – you guys! – stop!”

They drew back, laughing hysterically at my flushed face. I sat up and Fred helped me to my feet and I climbed back onto my bed.

“Present time!” George cried, diving into his bed.

I leaned over the side and picked up a random box from the pile at the foot of my bed. “From Fred and George” was written in a sloppy scrawl.

I tore back the wrapping paper back and pulled out a box of Berty Bott’s Every Flavor Beans.

“Neat,” I said. “I haven’t had these in ages.” I opened the box and popped one in my mouth. “Eh, parchment, I think.”

I picked up the next one, reading the note taped to the top first.

Lu,

I found this is one of those Muggle stores. It’s supposed to be a best friend necklace thing that comes in pairs, so I have the other half. I chose this one because all of the other ones were little hearts and girly things, and I refuse to wear a heart thing.

Happy Christmas,

Terry

I opened the box to find one of those Yin and Yang circle things, mine being white with the black dot.

I put it on and reached for the big box from Uncle Teddy and Aunt Andromeda.

“Cool,” I said, pulling out a small stack of CDs. I went though them and was pleased to find one of the Ramones. Also in the box was a small case of Chocolate Frogs.

I picked up the note.

We know you won’t be able to listen to these until you’re back home, but we couldn’t wait six months just to give them to you.

Hope you’re having a wonderful holiday,

Teddy and Dromeda

“Hey, looks like you got a Weasley sweater from mum,” George said as I picked up a lumpy package.

I tore it open and pulled out a jumper like the one that Fred had given, but smaller, though it was navy with the and an L in bronze. Grinning, I pulled it on.

“That was kind of her,” I said to myself. “She doesn’t even know me.”

“I suppose Ron told her that we had a new partner in crime,” said Fred, pulling on his own, which what identical to the one he’d giving me.

“Or you wrote about her in ever letter we sent to mum,” said George. Fred turned pink.

I laughed, opening Hermione’s gift, which was a Muggle book on 18th century pirates. I’d once told her that I enjoyed reading about the pirate Blackbeard.

The next one was from the Malfoys. In the parcel there was a small, black velvet box. I opened it and a note fell out.

This was given to your mother when she started Hogwarts, as she was the oldest of us three girls, and now you’re receiving it. I doubt you’ll wear it since you’re not in Slytherin, but just in case.

Narcissa

I looked into the box to find a silver bracelet embedded with emeralds. I wrinkled my nose and closed the box. The next thing in the parcel was a midnight blue cloak with bronze stitching and fastenings. Pinned to it was another note.

It was Draco’s idea.

I frowned, but laid it aside.

“Now that we’re done with presents, let’s go say hello to Harry and Ron,” George suggested.

I stood up on my bed and when Fred walked past, I jumped on his back.

He laughed, and proceeded out of the door and down the staircase to the first year dorm.

“Merry Christmas!” we all said as we walked in (well, I was carried in, but oh well).

“Hey, look, Harry got a Weasley sweater, too!”

“Looks like Lucy got one as well,” Ron said, nodding in my general direction.

“Both of theirs are better than ours though,” said Fred, the sleeve on mine.

“She obviously makes more of an effort if you’re not family,” said George.

“Why aren’t you wearing yours, Ron?” Fred demanded.

“Come on, get it on, they’re lovely and warm,” I piped up.

“I hate maroon,” Ron complained as he pulled it over his head.

“You haven’t got a letter on yours,” George observed.

“Maybe she thinks you forget your names,” I suggested.

“Perhaps,” George said thoughtfully.

“But we’re not stupid,” said Fred. “We know we’re called Gred and Forge.”

“What’s all this noise?” Percy demanded, poking his head in the door.

George seized the jumper over his arm.

“Ah, P for prefect!” he said. “Get it on, Perce, we’re all wearing ours! Even Lucy and Harry got one!”

Percy’s protests were ignored at the twins shoved Percy’s jumper over his head.

“Oh, and you’re sitting with us today,” said Fred.

“Christmas is a time for family,” said George.

I laughed as they frog-marched Percy all the way down to the Great Hall.

Some of the teachers were there too, and none of them even cared that we were all still in our pajamas.

Breakfast was large stacks of pancakes, French toast, omelets, and several other things.

Fred, George, and I had our energy levels on high and when Harry and Ron walked in, I raced down the bench and glomped them while shouting “MERRY CHRISTMAS!” I then climbed back onto the bench and ran back to my seat, stepping on Percy and George on the way.

In mid-bite of my delicious French toast, Fred elbowed me in the ribs.

“Look, mistletoe,” he said, pointing up. He’d said it a bit loud, and we now had the attention of everyone at the table, including the two Hufflepuff boys.

Oh, bloody hell, I thought, my face burning under the stares of the teachers, the Weasleys, Harry, and the Hufflepuff brothers.

Fred leaned over quickly and kissed my cheek, and Ron and Harry stifled snickers. The teachers chuckled as well, except Snape, since he’s a very bitter person, even on Christmas. I suppose he didn't enjoy the box of Dungbombs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85 3 4
You have heard of Harry Potter, Draco Malfoy, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley however it always says Draco is an only child that is not true I am Li...
751K 21.7K 33
For the first time in his life, Remus J. Lupin can't seem to get into a good book. Why? Because everytime his eyes go down to the pages, he finds him...
3.3K 85 5
malfoy, lestrange, zabini, nott, black & scamander. It is common knowledge that people who possess same qualities, often seek for the comfort of eac...
2.2M 57.6K 136
Madison Parker, was a pretty shy girl. She never drew attention to herself, and steered clear from all of the marauders well, James Potter and Sirius...