Mad Love

By babybre123

Lauren moves to a new town, which means a new school. She's not sure what to expect but during the first wee... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 19

1.4K 73 19
By babybre123

Lauren's POV

I hang out in my room with Tyler as we post goofy shit on Snapchat.

He puts on a wig and shades, draping his arm over my shoulder. "Ayo, record this."

I glance at him and laugh as I hold the record button. He slowly bops us back and forth while swinging his free arm.

"Every day, every day, every day, every day. And we Pray and we Pray and we Pray and we Pray."

Oh, hold on. We love a HIT!

I join in on the singing and move more freely, now that I know what's happening. "See you at the crossroads, so you won't be lonely. See you at the crossroads, crossroads, crossroads."

"And I'm gonna miss everybody and I'm gonna miss everybody, when I'm gone." We both sing while swaying around.

My phone vibrates and I smile at the text.

Mani 🌌💙👅: I wanna take you out tonight

Me: I'm down, where and when?

Mani 🌌💙👅: This Italian restaurant in Astoria, I'll pick you up at 6:30

Me: I'll be ready

I put my phone down and go to my closet, looking through it.

Tyler comes behind me and starts looking through it too, "So, what are we looking for?"

"Mani wants to take me out, help me?"

He nods and takes a long look at me, he goes back through the closet and pulls out a dress, jacket, and heels.

I tell him to place it on the bed and grab a pair of underwear and a bra then jump in the shower. When I get out I lotion up my body and put the materials on. I blow dry my hair and curl it.

I go back into my room and point to the door, "Alright Tyler, go in the living room."

"Gotta let a bad bitch present herself," He says while playfully snapping.

"Get out," I laugh.

He laughs and walks out the room. I get dressed and put the heels on, I go out into the living room and grab his attention.

"Do a little twirl," He says.

I twirl and he smiles while nodding his brows, "I did that. Go head, witcha bad self."

I laugh and pull him up and into my room, "Makeup colors!"

He sits on my bed and kicks his feet up, "Everything nude."

I apply the makeup and start looking for accessories.

"The gold hoops," He says.

I put the earrings on and the necklace Normani gave me from our first date.

"My friend, you are ready to go out then get your back blown out by that BBC."

"I do look good, huh? Thanks T."

Tyler leaves a few minutes before she's supposed to be here and I wait in my room, scrolling through my phone. I take a picture of myself and post it to Instagram.

Knocks hit the door and I open it to Normani, who is looking oh so good. I let my eyes trail down her body and tuck my lips in, it's unfair to the world how beautiful she is.

She has on a grey dress shirt with a black sweater over it, black skinny jeans, black and white converse, diamond stud earrings, her 'L' necklace, with light makeup and her hair straightened and pulled behind her ears.

She lightly smirks and pulls me into her, pecking my lips.

"That baby kiss," I grab her jaw and kiss her harder.

"Let's go," She laughs and takes my hand.

__

I giggle as she takes yet another picture of me on her phone.

"I wanna eat in peace!"

She smiles and takes another picture before putting her phone down, "You're too photogenic and perfect for me not to capture it."

I blush and motion for her to lean in, she does so and I follow, giving her a long and soft kiss.

"You're so cute," She chuckles.

I smile and pull back, seeing so much adoration twinkle through her eyes. I reach across the table and hold her hand, she lightly rubs her thumb on my knuckles and continues eating.

I sit back and sigh in content, "I'm glad we have a booth, it's something about them."

"They're more comfortable and they're just better overall," She shrugs.

I nod in agreement and pick my fork back up," This restaurant is amazing, especially the food."

Her face lights up and she covers her mouth, "I came here last night with my aunt and uncle! It was too good, I had to come back and I know you like places like this, so..."

"You treat me too good," I smile.

My phone starts vibrating and I look down to see my mom calling, I answer and bring the phone to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Lauren, where are you?"

"Out with Normani."

"Hmm, funny. You went on a date but is supposed to be tutoring somebody?"

"Oh my gosh! Mami I forg-"

"Lauren Michelle Jauregui Morgado tienes quince minutos para volver al apartamento y estar en la puerta de los vecinos o voy a gritar su culo hasta que se parece a la Kool-Aid hombre!"

(You have fifteen minutes to get back to the apartment and be at the neighbors door or I will whoop your ass till it looks like the Kool-aid man. {I hope that's right.})

She hangs up and I look to Normani, who was looking at me confused.

"I have to leave, I'm sorry," I apologetically say.

"Why?" She asks.

She looks so sad now and it makes my heart hurt.

"My neighbor, I'm supposed to be tutoring him for some math test he has in the morning."

She furrows her brows, "He can't wait?"

"I'm already almost an hour late," I say.

She blinks and shrugs, "Someone else from school can't tutor him?"

"He's homeschooled babe."

She sighs and leans back, glancing around.

"It's only for two or three hours, after that I'll call you and we can finish up the history project," I say.

She stares at me blankly and taps her fingers on the table.

"I'm sorry Mani, I really am. Can you please take me back home?"

Her eyes slowly get glossy and she clenches her jaw while looking away from me and pulling her wallet out.

"Are you mad at me?"

She ignores me and I sigh before getting up and sliding in next to her, "Don't be mad at me, please."

She pulls out one hundred and fifty dollars and shakes her head, "I'm not mad at you, I just...really wanted to do this with you. I don't know when...I'm gonna see you again."

I look at her like she has five heads and furrow my brows, "What are you talking about?"

She dismisses it and places the money on the table, kissing me, "Nothing."

She holds my waist and guides us out the booth and restaurant. I try to stop our tracks.

"What did you mean?"

"Forget it, it's nothing. You don't need to be worry about it."

"Why do you keep doing this?"

"What am I doing?" She asks.

"You say shit then when I question you, you tell me how I don't need to worry about it. I'm gonna fucking worry Mani cause I care about you!" I semi yell.

"Well, you don't need to. Now, get in the fucking car so we can leave!"

__

After a silent and awkward ride to my apartment, Normani follows me up to my door, trailing close behind me.

Before I can unlock the door she turns me around and locks her arms around my waist, pulling me into her and hugging me tightly.

"I'm sorry."

I let out a breath and move my arms over her shoulders, I slowly rub the back of her neck and place a small kiss on her cheek.

She pulls back and brings one of her hands up, cupping my face. "I want to tell you but I can't right now. Soon, I promise."

I nod and she leans her forehead on mine. She looks at me softly and takes her time as she kisses me with such emotion, tender, and care. Like it'll be the last few kisses we share.

A/N: Who's ready for drama?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.6K 1.5K 38
Dinah jane is a girl nobody really knows, except her two best friends. She knows everyone at her school but the one girl she dislikes the most is the...
238K 7.6K 23
Lauren's parents were murdered when she was just fifteen years old. At school she is the badass who stays by herself, till one day of her senior year...
1.7M 54.9K 44
A small girl catches my attention one day during lunch and I can't seemed to get her off my mind. My new friends and others advise me to stay away fr...
87.7K 3.4K 20
Normani meets a strange girl named Lauren who crashes herself into her life. How will Normani deal with this invader who is out on a mission to chang...