Loving A Deformity

By PrinceDisabled

Enemies since fifth grade. Cera Johnson despises Alec Rhodes almost as much as he does her. Everyday she's to... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35

Chapter 34

271 6 0
By PrinceDisabled

Alec didn't expect that he'd be the one overwhelmingly jealous, but here he was. It was friday, at the football game. His first football game. The girl he liked so much, sat in the stands, ready to cheer him on. Only problem, she wasn't just there for him. Oh, and then there was the fact she was wearing Josh's varsity jacket. Sure, Alec didn't have one. Sure, Cera was cold. But did it have to be his jacket?

Besides that, Josh and Cera were being oddly flirty. With Josh hugging and whispering to Cera, Alec felt pushed to the side. Unknowingly, Cera felt the same.

Here she was, going with the intention to see Alec. Of course she was going to root on the other boys but Alec never did a sport before. Call it cleché, but she was curious to see how her attraction would be effected because of this new, more athletic, side. The idea itself was attractive to her. *sigh* I guess no one is immune to jocks. (Kidding XD)

But in all honesty, she just wanted Alec. She wanted to see him, talk to him, hug him. She just wanted his company. The fact Beth was hanging on him every chance she got, didn't help. If Cera had normal arms, she just might've snapped someone's neck when she saw Beth kiss the corner of his lips. It bothered her even more Alec didn't react beyond a blush and trying to look any other way than at her. As a result, Cera clung to Josh. She flirted and took his jacket (which was super warm and comfortable). It wasn't she wanted to make him jealous. It was that she was jealous and felt a overwhelming reminder of how lonely she felt and took it out on her affection to Josh. Josh followed her lead easily. The plan was already working and he knew it. They were driving each other crazy, as always.

***

After the football game, it wasn't much better.

After leaving the stadium, the whole group went out to eat at some burger place. Cera sat at one end of the row of tables, Alec being across from her. Next to Cera sat Josh. Next to Alec sat Beth. From there, in order, the people who sat next to Josh were Kiley and Vic. Next to Beth, Chris and Gabe.

Of course, despite each others jelously, they kept up their routine when they ate together. Alec helped Cera get her utensils out of the pasic packaging and open the katchup and mustard packets that he also dumped on her tray for her fries. Cera looked up at him and smiled.
"Thank you." She said.
"Of course." Alec smiled back. That's when Beth got a horrible idea.
"You know, it's kinda cute how he is always helping you." Beth grinned, getting Ceras attention cleverly.
"Uh, yeah, I guess." Cera smiled against the uneasiness she felt. Something felt wrong with what she said. It was like she was hinting at something.
"It's almost like you like each other." Beth blurted, making Alec cough and choke on the drink he was sipping. Cera blushed, embarrassed by his reaction.
"W-We're really good friends. That's all..." She said as Alec cleaned himself up. Alec was facing an inner battle of being annoyed by Beth being so blunt and the hurt he felt that Cera didn't even seem to entertain the idea. Beth felt she was in trouble with Alec by his quick glare her direction and tried to think quickly to prove a point to him.
"I just thought I'd throw that out there. You especially seem like you like him." Beth shrugged before Cera did something no one at that table expected her to do. She snorted her laugh.
"Yeah, right! I don't know where you got that idea. Alec and I are good friends. Don't worry. You've got nothing to worry about from me." Her blush was gone and a smile was apparent on her face. Everyone looked at Alec for his reaction. Alec just stared at her with a frown as she ate. His heart hurt. That was, til she made the mistake of continuing to talk. "I mean, I don't know how you'd get that when Alec and I hardly hang out anymore. Not that I don't miss him- cause I do. I mean- no- n-not in a 'I miss him more than I should' way but we used to hang out all the time..." Her voice got quieter.
"Do you want to hang out more?" Alec proposed, making her look up. "I just thought you were so busy with Josh, we didn't have a lot of time. I didn't want to take away from you two catching up." Alec said honestly. Cera blinked.
"We caught up and I wanted to hang out again but then you joined football. I figured you just wanted some space." She started to chuckle. Alec chuckled with her.
"I guess we just read each other wrong." Alec said.
"I guess." Cera agreed and started eating again. 

***

That Saterday felt better than the previous ones. They felt better and happier knowing they weren't avoiding each other all this time. It was almost like the good old days before they liked each other. It was refreshing.

In fact, it went so well, Cera was smiling about it into Sunday while she was dress shopping with the girls. Cera wasn't even focused on the beautiful yellow single strap knee length dress before her. All she could think about was the sound of Alec's laugh and his amazing smile. She loved the way he looked down, away from her look, as he laughed as if embarrassed. She loved the way he talked about everything. How he called her beautiful and how he talked about what he was passionate about. She loved how he was picky with his desserts (the guy simply refused things he didn't think he like), and how he could either be her motivation to get work done or the reason she didn't. She loved how he was there for her when she needed and wasn't afraid to tell her something that might hurt her. She loved his commitment and loyalty. She loved so much about him.

Cera sighed to herself. She knew she didn't have some infatuation with Alec like in the fifth grade. She really, sincerely, liked him. It was both comforting and concerning to know that. On one hand, she liked that she wasn't just think about him in an artificial sense- just looking at his good qualities. Cera already knew she accepted all his bad ones as well and still felt strongly for him.
"You like that one?" Kiley randomly showed up next to Cera, making her jump a little as she abruptly escaped her thoughts. "Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you." Kiley laughed. Cera grinned.
"It's okay. Uh, yeah. I think I'll try this on." Cera grabbed the hanger and tried to go but Kiley stepped in her way.
"Hey, wait." Kiley said. "Can I ask you something?" The question was already personal and made Cera uncomfortable. However, she complied.
"Uh, sure." Cera said, relaxing her posture. Kiley looked around to see the other two girls on the opposite end of the store. Quickly, Kiley whispered to Cera,
"You like Alec again, don't you?" The question made Cera go wide eyed.
"Am I that obvious?" She blushed.
"You've both been acting a little weird, hon. I haven't seen you two this distant from each other since last year- before you started being friends." Kiley said. Cera blinked and looked away. What could she say to that? It hurt her heart people saw them as growing distant. Luckily, that wouldn't last long since things were better now. Still, Kiley noticed Cera liked Alec again. That wasn't good at all.
"I'll get over him." Cera said with a nod. "It's just a crush. I'll be fine." Kiley pressed her eyebrows together in confusion and crossed her arms.
"Why the hell would you want to get over him? It's obvious he likes you back- just ask him out."
"What?" Cera narrowed her eyes. "No. Never. Alec doesn't like me and I'm not asking him out. We are good friends and that's all we will ever be, okay?" Cera raised her voice slightly at her.
"Why not?!" Kiley asked.
"I told you! He doesn't like me like that and never will! It's not your business anyway so just leave me alone!" Cera grabbed her dress and walked off to the dressing room. Kiley sighed. She had that coming, but it still hurt her. After giving Cera a minute, Kiley walked back to the dressing room to see her pouting in an unzipped dress. Kiley walked up behind her and smiled.
"Mind if I help you?" She offered. Cera didn't look at her but nodded. Kiley zipped it up and looked at Cera through the full mirror. They both stood in front of it. "Wow, Cer." Kiley smiled and chuckled. "If Alec saw you right now, he'd probably confess immediately how he likes you."
"He doesn't like me, Kiley." Cera spat. "Thank you for helping me, but get out. I'll get someone else to help me unzip it. Then I'm leaving." Kiley looked at Cera.
"Cer-"
"No, just... STOP! OKAY?!" Cera turned to face Kiley and glared intensely. "I don't know why your trying to wiggle your way back in my life but stop! Stop telling me Alec likes me and stop trying to involve yourself in my business!" Cera suddenly had tears in her eyes. "I trusted you! You hurt me and somehow expect me to just forget everything because you're trying to hook me up with your ex? I gave up on love because of what Ben did to me and you went behind my back and screwed him! You betrayed me! Don't you understand that felt so much worse than anything Alec has ever done to me? I never expected anything out of him after he started tormenting me. That was normal and when I had an opportunity to end it, I did. Everyday, Alec makes up for what he did by being the very thing you weren't. He is my friend. Do you even know what that word means?!" At this point, both girls were crying their eyes out. Cera stopped her words for a second to breathe and think about what she was going to say next. "I missed you so much!" Cera cried, shocking Kiley a bit. "I missed you everyday and wanted to forgive you but I just didn't want to hurt again! DO YOU KNOW HOW THAT FEELS TO WANT TO FORGIVE BUT BE TERRIFIED TOO?! DO YOU EVEN KNOW?!" Cera almost yelled.
"Cera!" Kiley didn't waste a second. She grabbed Cera and pulled her in a hug. Cera gripped her back. "I'm so sorry, Cera! I'm so sorry!" Kiley said as they cried on each others shoulders.

*** Night of Homecoming***

Cera was oddly excited. She had been thinking about Alec in a Tux all week. It was wrong, but the idea was there. It felt especially wrong due to Beth bring in her house with Kiley, Vic, and herself. But it was okay since no one could look inside her head. Her thoughts were safe inside her head.

She wore that yellow dress she bought not long ago. Not so secretly, she wanted Alec to like it. Of course, she doubted Alec would even glance her way after seeing Beth in her strapless sweetheart neck line red mermaid gown that hugged her perfect curves... well... perfectly. Her hair was pulled all over to one side and curled while Cera just put some curlers in. Noting fancy like how Beth looked. Even Beth's makeup was perfect with all the fancy stuff like "conture" or whatever it's called that Cera didn't understand. Cera just did simple make up with a layer of foundation, blush, mascara, eyeshadow, and chapstick. She thought of asking Kiley to do her make up like Beth's but figured it would look like she was trying to compare herself to Beth so she kept her mouth shut. The dance started at nine so the boys were supposed to show up about seven so they had time to go out and eat together. At about six thirty, Cera heard a knock on the front door and went down from her room to open it. When she opened it, she saw Alec, handsome as ever, smiling at her, wearing a tux.

***A few moments ago***

Alec walked up to Cera's front door, frustrated with Josh. You see, Josh was running behind and wasn't sure if he would be able to go get a last minute corsage. Which meant, here Alec was with a red one for Beth and a Yellow one for Cera. A part of him wondered if Josh did it on purpose but dismissed his thoughts to knock on the door and wait for someone to let him in. He was early but he kinda just wanted to see Cera again. He saw her the day before but he just wanted to be able to talk to her face to face. He expected she would answer the door but didn't expect what he saw. Cera opened the door and looked stunning. Her dress looked amazing on her and her makeup was simple and lovely. Her hair was curled and everything about her was just perfect. Alec felt his heart beating out of his chest when he saw just how stunning she was. She was the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen.

In Cera's eyes, he was so handsome. They were in awe of each other. Their hearts beat in sync.

"Hey." Alec spoke first. Cera blinked.
"Hey." She said back. They stared at each other for a long moment. "You look nice." Cera said finally. Alec shook his head light, snapping out of it.
"Uh, thanks. You too- I mean, you... you look amazing." He smiled. They blushed at each other. "Uh, so it's a long story but..." Alec held the yellow corsage. "Uh, Josh told me to get this to you. He might be running late." Cera took the box it was in.
"Thanks." She said and stared at the pretty box. She smiled at the fact Alec was the one to give it to her.
"Here." Alec set the red one down and took the box from Cera. He opened the box and helped put the corsage carefully around her wrist. He didn't plan it, but he ended up holding her hand softly. They both stood there, holding each others hands.
"Alec?" A voice called from the top of the stairs. Alec and Cera looked as Cera pulled her hand away. Alec felt his heart ache but pushed it down. Beth came down the stairs, smiling. Cera with held a glare as her heart clenched. "Hey, Alec! You look hot!" She giggled and pecked his cheek, only to start rubbing her lipstick off with her thumb. Cera stayed where she was, feeling frozen. Alec felt sick to his stomach.
"You look good too." He said, his mind still focused on Cera and how beautiful she was to him. Not just today but everyday. At her worst and at her best. She was beautiful. Beth giggled and wrapped her arms around Alec's neck. She glanced at Cera's wrist.
"Is Josh here?" She asked. Cera and Alec glanced at the corsage quickly.
"Uh, no. He's running a little late and asked me to pick up the corsage he needed to give her." Alec shrugged. Beth smiled up at him.
"Did you get me one?"
"Y-yeah." Alec said, uncomfortably before getting the box and holding it out to her to put on. Beth expected him to put it on her but didn't complain and put it on herself. Huh, that's funny, Cera thought, I would've figured he'd put it on her... Alec stuffed his hands in his pockets and sighed. He didn't like this set up already. Was he sure he could survive the night without telling Cera how he felt?

There was another knock on the door and Cera went and opened it to see Josh.
"Josh!" She smiled brightly.
"Hey, babe." Josh chuckled as he walked in the house. 'Babe'? He called her 'babe'? Who the hell does he think he is! Alec thought angrily. "I see you got that corsage." Josh said.
"You said you were running late." Alec spat. Josh looked at him.
"Got ready faster than expected." He grinned, mischievously. He totally planned it, Alec confirmed. Josh looked to Cera again. "Wow you look amazing. Honestly, Cera, I'm glad I'm your date so I can keep everyone else away."
"Oh, shush, you're making me blush."
"Wouldn't be the first time I did that." He winked. Cera hit his arm, playfully.
"Stop, Josh!" She giggled.
"Yeah. Stop, Josh." Alec glared. Josh and Cera looked at him, a little surprised but returned to their own conversation. After so long, everyone showed up and went out together. Each couple in their own cars.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 4.1K 39
"It's too complicated. I'm just too...fragile. I can't be with you." "Fragile, my ass. You just don't want to take the chance of letting someone in...
568K 12.3K 39
Aria Lane is your typical shy girl next door; she always completes her homework on time and almost never receives a F on her report card. But what sh...
90 15 38
Alec, the main character has never had it easy. In this story you get to see how Alec handles the challenges in his life and all the people in their...
1M 39K 44
Meet Skylar Howard, she a stubborn softy. She's struggling in school getting grades that are leading her to the path of failing. Her mother suggests...