A Mob Boss's Territory (Book...

By royal888

Please don't read this book unless you have read A Mob Boss's Heirs. There are spoilers in this Book from the... More

Author's Note
1. December 1979 (Viggo)
2. December 1979 (Vincenzo)
3. Terza's Touch
4. Terza's Heart
5. His Choices
6. A Jasmin's Call
7. Terza's Fears
8. A Father's Love
9. Born To Be A Don
10. Future Battles
11. Teenage Perceptions
12. Tension At Harlem
13. His Beloved's Battles
14. His Honour
15. Watching Snow
16. Scent of Roses
17. The Church In Harlem
18. His Destiny
19. His Oath
20. Unforgettable Love
21. Battle of Scorpious
22. Invader
23. Icy Times
24. The Love Of A Woman
25. Two Heirs & Their Duties
26. Christmas Eve 1979 (Part 1)
27. Christmas Eve 1979 (Part 2)
28. Christmas Eve 1979 (Part 3)
29. Christmas Eve 1979 (Part 4)
30. Christmas Eve 1979 (Part 5)
31. The Young Don (Part 1)
32. The Young Don (Part 2)
33. The Young Don (Part 3)
34. The Young Don (Part 4)
35. The Young Don (Part 5)
36. Flying Back To New York
37. The Welcome
38. Nolan At The Mansion
39. Irish Nemesis
40. Show Down
41. 4 Minutes
42. The Past (Part 1)
43. Keys
44. Traitor
46. Her Knight
47. Battles Inside
48. Truth
49. Mistakes & Regrets
50. Chambers
51. Allies Always
52. True Meanings
53. Self Discovery
54. One Question
55. True Power
56. New Dawn of Threats
57. His Mother's Words
58. A Hurtful Truth
59. In The City
60. View Of Future
61. Fathers Minds
62. Sweet Dreams
63. Happy Times With Her
64. Early Visit
65. Talking Points
66. Negotiations
67. Cold Wind of Change
68. His Decisions & Choices

45. Adele's Embrace & River of No Return

4.1K 280 66
By royal888

Tristan kissed Vienna on the cheek "Wait in the car. Ok? Wait for my father's instructions. I need to have a word with him before anything else. Is that ok?" He could see the change in Vienna. She knew how serious this was. Her grandfather was inside sand so was her father. Being banned to see his grandfather while she was allowed to do a lot of other things in her life had been part of her life from an early age. She knew there was going to be a potential serious family confrontation.

Vienna hugged her body with her hands and whispered "It's ok. I understand. I was not planning on leaving the car unless asked by my father."

Tristan kissed her on the other cheek "I will be back." He then got out of his car and walked to his father who was outside his car watching Vincenzo from far. Tristan reached his father "Do you really think it's a good idea? I don't understand why you made a decision but it's not too late to reverse it. Let's drive Mrs Rosario to their mansion as asked."

O'Neil smiled sadly as his stare wasn't leaving Vincenzo who was sitting on the edge of marble water fountain engraved with Italian architecture. He sighed "Son. I told you this is for your own good to have a practical education. It's good for you to witness how a real man deals with his family affairs. I could leave you to drink soda with your uncle Jackson in his club tonight but I decided this is more beneficial to witness action here. It's important for my family to be there for Francesco's. This is the main reason we are here but I can't lie. I am an opportunist. I wanted you to get an education. I could leave you behind to go about your business but I didn't. This is more important."

Tristan put his hand on his hips shaking his head "Father. You can't play around with Francesco Rosario. He asked you to take his wife to his house. You didn't comply and brought her to his work place..."

O'Neil still wasn't meeting his sons eyes as his attention was on the calm figure of Vincenzo who was drinking soda patiently while sitting on the fountain marble steps. "Son. You said it yourself. I refused to do as Francesco asked. Then why are you restless. I give you education, watch and learn. Is spending time with your precious uncle so important you are all worked up?" He then glanced at his son "Is that it? I didn't raise you to follow your uncle. I raised you to be a unique independent individual. You can rise above him without having to be like him. You either are my son or you are not."

Tristan sighed "Father. Where is this conversation leading? I am not liking this. This is madness. I will always take your side. My first loyalty is to you..."

O'Neil put a hand on his shoulder "Then keep quiet and do as I say... I need you to learn from Francesco, not your uncle Jackson. What I want you to learn tonight is not something you will learn from your uncle Jackson..."

Tristan was curious "What is it that he can't teach me?"

O'Neil stated simply "When he comes out watch how he treats his woman. Just watch. Here you will observe how a real man treats his woman. Your uncle Jackson is not capable of teaching you this lesson.

Tristan said "Is that because he has no woman?"

O'Neil stated "No."

Tristan asked "Is it because he is not honourable in your view as he gives into temptation and loves a woman who has a husband?"

O'Neil said "No. Son. Don't make me laugh. You make it sound as though any honourable man deserves a medal... Being faithful and honourable is like being able to breathe in oxygen. You are not special because you can breathe this air. It's the same notion with being faithful and honourable. It's natural. Anyone who can't manage to keep their eyes and mind focused on a woman and be moral about it is ... well... let's say they have something wrong with them... Your uncle can teach you to do business with the worst kind of people on earth, his kind. He can also introduce you to some of his contacts that I even have no access to. That's it. It's about power when you deal with your uncle and nothing else.... ." He then saw Francesco coming out of the building "Watch and learn in silence. Francesco is in business mode right now dealing with a traitor that's his cousin Antonio and dealing with his so called father who he has no relations with. Look how he treats his woman despite his own conflicts. This is the kind of man I taught you to be, not the kind your uncle wants you to be which is a terrorising power hungry Irish king wanting to extend territory and build a fortress rather than building a home. A home is not a castle. A home is a home, not your work place. Don't mix the two up. Your uncle certainly does."

As Francesco walked out he saw his wife coming out of his car. He tried to ignore his surroundings. He wanted nothing more than to jump on O'Neil and give him a taste of his wrath. He didn't need his men for that or any weapons. His hands were enough. But of course he put the fantasy of strangling O'Neil to the side for now as his wife approached him and gave him a dream like embrace like she always did. He held her tightly as tight as he could not letting her go.

Adele was scared. More than anything. She was trembling and it didn't go unnoticed. After seconds past, Francesco whispered "Sweetheart why are you shaking? Are you cold? Do you want me to get you some warm coat or a warm drink." He slightly pulled away staring into his wife's eyes with concern.

Adele bit her lip. It was the same Francesco there no matter what mood he was in. She expected a rough embrace but Francesco was as calm and gentle as he always was. She shook her head. "No I am fine. I want us to go home..."

Vincenzo watched how his father embraced his mother. It was as though there was no one else around them when his father gave his full attention to his mother.

Francesco whispered "Sweetheart. I don't know why O'Neil has brought you and the kids here but this is not what I asked him to do. You are meant to be home in bed... You can leave..."

Adele looked up into Francesco's eyes "I can't sleep without you tonight. Come home with me. O'Neil told me about what's happened..." She then started looking around nervously... "He told me that ..."

Francesco sighed "He told you what sweetheart?"

Adele bit her lip "He told me, your father is causing you problems..."

Francesco glanced past Adele for a split second giving O'Neil a look that anyone else would have shaken to the core if they were on the receiving end. That look promised he was going to have hell to pay. But of course O'Neil stood where he was leaning to his car's trunk and even had the nerve to give Francesco a wave.

Francesco glanced back at his wife "Sweetheart. You go home. I will come to you shortly. I promise sweetheart. But I can't just leave."

There was double meaning in Francesco's words that Vincenzo likes to contemplate on. He couldn't just leave. He never could. He had a business to run where leaving was not an option. His father never had the luxury. Tonight's business could be postponed to tomorrow but his father was tied to his business for life and so were his children.

Francesco carried on " I need to make arrangements if I am to cut short tonight's work. As much as I like to come with you, I can't."

O'Neil suddenly appeared next to Adele "She will wait for you right here... It's time to leave so you can make decisions  about your business out of this "no return zone."

Francesco wanted to strangle O'Neil. No return zone was his nickname for business and work place. He had other names. River of no return was what O'Neil called the mob life most frequently ... He gave his wife a smile "Sweetheart, why don't you wait in the car. Give me a few minutes. Is that ok?"

Adele nodded quick as she looked between Francesco and O'Neil "I will be in the car waiting..." She then walked away.

Adele could see that everyone had kept a safe distance from her husband. Even her son and daughter hadn't left the car. They had not been instructed to be there. They followed what their father said word for word. No one had moved from their positions except her. She saw Vincenzo from a distance where he was sat on the edge of the surroundings of a marble water fountain. He was watching intently. No one moved on Francesco's land except her and of course O'Neil who never saw rules applying to him.

O'Neil looked at Francesco and followed the direction of his vision that only followed his wife until she reached the car, got in and closed the door. Francesco then spoke without looking at him "Bringing my wife here was not a smart move." Francesco kept his stare at his wife's car.

O'Neil said "I take risks. You and I are both risk takers. That's why you are where you are right now. You never thought you end up here. You thought that chapter in your life ended. Take my advice as your only Irish friend. Don't do anything tonight. Wait until tomorrow. Go with your wife. That's what I would do. Do it my way... the Irish way.. wait for it..."

Francesco turned around and said "Leave. I give you the chance." He then walked away.

O'Neil walked behind him "You know me better than that. Don't you?"

Francesco didn't reply and walked inside the building. O'Neil followed him and wasn't disappointed when his back hit the wall as the door closed. Francesco grabbed the collar of his shirt and pushed him to the wall hard one more time as he silently stared into his only Irish friend's eyes.

O'Neil raised his eyebrows " I expected you to run a spear through me like the knight that you are for your lady for bringing her into your business. This is such a warm welcome to this not so warm home."

Francesco said "You brought my wife here... You take her out of here. I don't wish to deal with you right now. But I will in the morning."

O'Neil said "You need your family the most , at this time. Don't push them away. This is what family is for."

Francesco said "Family? My family is Adele. I need her always. But not when it's time for business. You brought her where she is forbidden to come. This is mine to deal with..."

O'Neil said " It's mine too. I vowed to you to be your brother. I vowed to you not to leave you no matter how the strain in Irish Italian relations grew bigger and bigger. I endured so many insults for being your friend. It was good for me to know who was my true family and friend. You helped me so much when I needed you. I owe you for so much. You never left my side. I never leave yours."

Francesco stated "I don't wish for you your involvement...."

O'Neil said "No. You need it."

Francesco said "Of course. You need to take my wife to my home. That's where your involvement starts and ends. I have a traitor to deal with upstairs and I have the menace in my life downstairs...."

O'Neil said "But you must deal with me first. I am not leaving and refusing to take your wife to your home. You must leave. Come back tomorrow. Take a step back. This involves your children and your brother's godson, Alexander too. Costanzo is responsible for him but he needs to know what you do to his father and he shouldn't hear second hand accounts. Your children must hear the truth about him, about the menacing father of yours who ruined your life."

Francesco growled "Enough. My children don't need to know him. I knew him enough. You go back out there, take my wife back home. I don't mind my kids waiting outside. It's their choice. I don't want my wife involved."

O'Neil said "You shouldn't let your father win. Don't you see what he is doing? He never cared for your mother. He hurt her, he pushed her away... You are concerned Adele will betray you like your mother betrayed your father. You don't want Adele close to you at every level possible..."

Francesco defended "She is my life. She is my everything..."

O'Neil said "Yes. And you are not forcing her to enter the lair. She wants to enter it. Let her stand by you. Go to her tonight."

Francesco was losing his patience "Why are you so dead set on making me choose to involve my wife in a business that's so ugly and messy?"

O'Neil said "It's a family matter . Not truly business."

Francesco said "Still. I don't want my wife involved. Why do you insist on it?"

O'Neil said "Because this is what my father taught me. You are not the only one betrayed by family. You are hurt Francesco. You are in pain. Don't deny it. Yes you will get through it alone but your wounds won't heal if you do it alone... Family is meant to protect and not to hurt you. Adele is the reminder of a true family to you.... You know ... my father had to deal with traitors within family and those who hurt him who were blood. He taught me that my mother's brace was the cure. Adele is the cure. Her embrace is the cure. Let her embrace your pain like how she embraces your love. This river of no return is where you are standing Francesco. You must let Adele stand with you. She left behind her family at the other side of the river for you. Let her embrace your love and your pain. What's the point of a marriage if you can't share your pain as well as your triumphs and love?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

663K 16.9K 53
Book One of Mafia Ultimatums As a young child Arieon Anderson was orphaned when she lost a brother and her parents in a fire that started in their h...
1.7M 63.9K 54
Sequel of His girl Damien Russo, his name makes people scared. Almost everyone knows him either for being a successful billionaire or for being the p...
474K 8.3K 44
ใ€ ๐Œ๐š๐Ÿ๐ข๐š ๐ƒ๐จ๐ง & ๐‡๐ข๐ฌ ๐ƒ๐ž๐š๐๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐๐ฎ๐ž๐ž๐ง ใ€‘ Welcome to another mafia romance book that I hope you beautiful and handsome people love and p...
91.9K 3.2K 63
This is the Sequal of Pain Before Love. You will need to Read the first one to understand this one or you will be confused. This is Keyona Martinez...