The Disappearance of Jessica...

By WritingAvengerA113

BOOK 3 OF THE JESSI STARK SERIES. Jessica Stark has found herself on the run with the government at her heel... More

:)
1. The Disappearence
2. Maddox Lee Barton
3. The Farm
4. Ames Justice
5. New York
6. Coffee
7. Morgan
8. The Flare
9. The Bleachers
10. Lights
11. Pity
12. Justice
13. Bird Man
14. Better
15. Hallway
16. Jessi Stark
17. Anchors
18. Spider-man
19. Tonight
20. The Tower
21. New York City
22. Battle of the Skies
23. How it Ends
24. Feels like War
25. Home
26. Heartbreak and Celebration
27. Armistice
28. The Stare of a Thousand Eyes
29. Be With You
31. 177A Bleecker St.
32. Loki
33. I Promise
34. Benedict
35. End Credit Scene

30. Red Capes

7.4K 273 156
By WritingAvengerA113

      A/N : Yo my dudes, the Infinity War Trailer... I can't even process things rn. This is what we've been waiting for everyone, everything leads up to the War. Can't wait! Love you all!

      After school, I stood in the hallway outside of the schools library. MJ and Ned along with a few other Academic club members were already inside and preparing for the meeting.

      Not many kids were left in the building, they had all vacated the area once the final bell rang. I stood with my cellphone pressed against my ear. My other hand was shoved in my black cargo jacket pocket. Peter was getting water at the fountain down the hallway. We were waiting for my Father to answer the phone.

"Hey kid" his voice finally answered after the fifth ring.

"Hey"

"How was school?"

"Eh"

"What'd you learn?"

      "I learned that my Physics teacher is an idiot" I replied, looking around the hallway to make sure that Mrs. Boseman wasn't anywhere in earshot. Peter quietly chuckled at that, coming to stand beside me so he could listen to our conversation. I crossed my arm over my chest, letting my other arm lean against his.

"Well that sounds like a good day of school, Jes"

      "Oh, I guess it was" I shrugged my shoulders "Anyway, there's an Academic club that is meeting after school like right now. They would like me to officially join, can I stay after? It'll be over at four"

      "Umm... not today hun. Sorry, I know you've mentioned it before. I just need you here at the compound, there are still some things that need to be sorted out"

"Right" I nodded, understanding his reasoning.

"I'm sorry, kid"

      "No no, it's fine, seriously. I'll see you in a bit" I hung up the phone and blew a long breath out from my lips, slipping my phone into my back jean pocket. Peter pressed his lips together, already knowing the answer "I can't today, hopefully next week. My Dad's still in his protective mode"

"I get it, no worries" Peter raised his arms "I'll tell them that you had to go home"

      "Thank you" I bent down and scooped up my book bag that was resting on the floor against the lockers "See you tomorrow" I stepped forward, placing a kiss on his right cheek. Even though we've been doing this dating thing for awhile now, he still tensed up slightly. I humorously rolled my eyes and turned away, heading towards be main doors of the school.

"Hey, Jessi" he called my name as my hand gripped the handle of the door.

"Hm?" I asked over my shoulder, the door was already partly open.

      His hands opened and closed at his sides as his lips started to form words but hardly anything came out "I uh, I'll... I. See you tomorrow" he said the last part quickly, almost as if he was about to say something else but in the heat of the moment decided to change his mind.

      I felt a smile tug up on my lips that transformed into a grin "I love you too" then I left the building and walked to the parking lot where my car was. My Dad had so graciously given me a car to drive so he wouldn't have to make the hour long drive to school just so he could drop me off. Of course, there were dozens of tracking devices installed into the car that tell him exactly where I am and how fast I'm going. That isn't a big deal though, I appreciate that he's looking out for me.

      Outside in the parking lot, there were still some students hanging around. They talked with each other by their cars, some of them smoked towards the back of the parking lot. My maroon colored sports car sat waiting for me in the assigned parking space. It was the nicest car in the lot, perks of being rich. I usually don't like to brag about being wealthy, but I really did like this car. The stereo system is to die for.

      From the school parking lot, you could see Manhattan in the distance. Everyday I see this view. Avengers Tower is always front and center. The Tower was one of the tallest buildings in the city. My old home. Now sold and belongs to someone else. Even the 'A' symbol was still built into the side, but now it means nothing. I sighed and pulled out my car keys from the side pocket of my book bag.

      In front of my car was a tree planted in the grass. A black bird was cawing loudly on one of the branches, making its presence noticed. Something about it seemed familiar. Of course it's just a bird, maybe I'm just going crazy. Its beak shined surprisingly bright in the cloudy sky. I chose to ignore it. Just as I slipped the key into the door, something Strange occurred. The whole world around me seemed to pause.

      I could feel that something was different. Below my feet, an orange ring portal appeared in the asphalt of the parking lot. It almost looked like someone was drawing a circle around me. My eyes widened. It grew to the size of a hoola-hoop.

      "What is going on?" I whispered in uneasiness. Then, out of the blue, I fell. The ground within the orange circle seemed to fall away, allowing my body to plummet through. I tried to grab hold of the ground to hold myself up but that didn't work. The space around me was tight, and illuminated with silver lines. My body was falling at a fast pace. With every meter I grew more claustrophobic. I felt like I was inside one of those McDonalds playground tubes.

      Then, as quick as it happened, it was all over. There was an exit quickly approaching. I fell back into the light and landed hard on a wooden floor. My feet hit first, causing me to fall onto my knees. An unlady like groaned escaped from the back of my throat as I rolled onto my back "This is seriously not cool" I stared up at the dark ceiling "can't I just have one normal day?!" I yelled out loud to God knows who before hoisting myself back to my feet. It was drafty wherever I was.

      This almost looked like some type of foyer that belongs in a palace. A long wooden staircase led up to the second floor and split, one side going left and the other going right. At the top of the stairs was a large window that let in most of the outside light. I turned towards the front door of the foyer, noticing that beyond the window was the city. I'm only hoping that it's New York. It would suck if I got teleported to another city "Just one normal day" I mumbled, starting for the main door.

      "I'm afraid you won't find that here" a low voice spoke from behind. I froze, my shoulders stiffening.

      I slowly pivoted, feeling the the hairs on the back of my neck prick. He must have brought me here through that weird portal thing. When I faced whoever it was, his face was hidden in the shadows. He looked like a silhouette in front of the large circular window. Clearly draped over his shoulders was a long red cape that floated effortlessly in the air. My eyes were unblinking as I took in the unusual sight "What the hell is this" I demanded, it wasn't even a question.

      The man started down the stairs, taking them one at a time. I watched as his face became illuminated by the lights. He had a long face with interesting facial hair that grew around his lips. His eyes were sharp as well as his jaw line. Something about him was oddly familiar. The way he walked, his dark brunette hair, even his voice. I slowly walked towards him, not taking my eyes off him "Allow me to remind you Jessi" he extended his hand to me when he reached the bottom of the stairs "My name is Stephen-"

SLAP.

      His head snapped back, a surprised look filled his eyes. That caught him off guard. I dropped my stinging hand back down to my side, a proud feeling spread through my gut "The surgery you preformed on me didn't work" I grumbled.

"I'm well aware" he rubbed his cheek, his eye twitching in slight pain.

       "Stephen Strange" I said his name, remembering how 3 years ago he was the Doctor who 'removed' the extremis from my body. How could I forget that strange name "World renowned neurosurgeon, or something like that? You've never failed a surgery before, or... so I heard"

      "To be fair" he crossed his arms over his chest, the cape behind him flickering "I didn't know anything about Extremis back then, but now I do"

      "You're not cutting me open again, Doc. I had another surgery not too long ago, and the extremis is long gone"

      "On the contrary" Doctor Strange raised his finger. I narrowed my eyes "I did a lot of research Miss. Stark, and what I concluded is that once the extremis is inside your body, it will continue to regenerate no matter how many surgeries you have to remove it" I felt my shoulders drop "Think of it like this, if your arm gets cut off the extremis can regrow it. When extremis itself is cut off, it will regrow. It's magic" he waved his fingers.

      "Are you saying that..." I looked down to my hands. The extremis wasn't visible to the eye, but somewhere in my body it was regrowing and there's nothing I can do about it "I'll be like this... forever?"

"That's a bad thing?" Doctor Strange asked.

"Y-yes! I don't want to have super powers!"

      "Listen" he rubbed his hands over his face for a moment, taking a deep breath. The large house eerily was quiet as he got back on track "I didn't bring you here to talk about this, you're here for a different reason"

      "I'm going home" I turned away and reached for the door, but out of nowhere a deep red colored cape stood in my way. It swung out from around his shoulder, tugging the Doctor along with it. The cape separated me from the door as if it had a mind of its own. I stopped, not knowing how to react to a living cape.

      This is some Aladdin type shit. It levitated weightlessly in the air "You know..." I breathed, taking the whole situation in "This isn't the craziest thing I've ever seen" I pointed to the cape. It rubbed itself against my hand like a dog "Okay, well" I pulled my hand away swiftly, feeling extremely creeped out "Nice to meet you. I'm going to run away now"

      Doctor Strange appeared in front of the door, I skidded to a halt "The Stones, that's why you're here Jessi. The Stones" his voice became stern and filled with urgency. I blinked at the sudden mood change.

The stones?

The Infinity Stones?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 162 19
"I am not that little girl anymore!" Emma Stark had been a secret since the moment she took her first breath. At first it was cool to be the hidden d...
163K 2.4K 29
{FINISHED} This story is about Y/N as the daughter of the famous Tony Stark. Your powers are the same like Wandas and Steves. Your life isn't easy bu...
283K 10.2K 60
BOOK 4 OF THE JESSI STARK SERIES. "Show me where my armor ends, and show me where my skin begins" In the beginning, there was an idea. The idea to b...
26.8K 572 51
Book one of the Samantha Stark series When the one and only child of genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist Tony Stark becomes interested in on...