The Dragon Master Part I: Rew...

By Snapmite1998

Hiccup is banished from Berk for befriending a dragon, a Vikings mortal enemy, rejected for the last time, Hi... More

Chapter 1: Banished
Chapter 2: New path
Chapter 3: Growing in numbers
Chapter 4: A new home
Chapter 5: Raids
Chapter 6: Let the hunt begin
Chapter 7: Lay low
Chapter 8: Reflect
Chapter 9: Monsters
Chapter 10: Preparations
Chapter 11: Mom?
Chapter 12: A deadly alliance
Chapter 13: Hope
Chapter 14: Regret
Chapter 15: Glory to Rome
Chapter 16: Promise
Chapter 17: Three years later
Chapter 18: Treachorous plot
Chapter 19: Returning home
Chapter 20: Blast from the past
Chapter 21: Thoughts
Chapter 22: Forgiveness
Chapter 23: S.P.Q.R
Chapter 24: Plans in motion
Chapter 25: Family drama
Chapter 27: I love you
Chapter 28: Trouble on Meathead Island
Chapter 29: Making up and eliminate conspirators
Chapter 30: Jealousy
Chapter 31: Trouble on Bog Burglar Island part I
Chapter 32: Trouble on Bog Burglar Island part II
Chapter 33: Marriage
Chapter 34: Scoping out the situation
Chapter 35: Red Death
Chapter 36: Celebrations and captured
Chapter 37: Prisoners
Chapter 38: Thick tension
Chapter 39: Betrayed
Chapter 40: Darker forces

Chapter 26: Dragon training

9.5K 127 33
By Snapmite1998

(Normal pov)

A month had gone by and the relationship between the Strike Clan and the Hooligans grew more tense. Like even the tiniest spark would combust and engulf both tribes into violent action.

Stoick's lieutenants were questioning their Chiefs mind. If staying on the Isle of Night was still wise, because almost all the Vikings wanted to fight the dragons back on Berk and protect their home.

They believed Hiccup's dragon society was a festering disease that deserved to be destroyed, Hiccup was losing it though, his old tribesman were complaining, bloodthirsty and vengeful, and with them living among dragons, some were even plotting on killing the Night Furies.

Hiccup was not going to tolerate any violence. He tripled the guard patrols and if they noticed even one of the Vikings give a dragon a hateful look, they were to confronted.

But this arrangement between the Hooligans and the Strike Clan wasn't going to last long, Hiccup has spent day and night trying to calm his former tribe but to no avail. And these failures were making Hiccup very angry and frustrated.

Astrid and her group of Hooligans have respected Hiccup's leadership and were willing to come to peace with dragons, since learning they're but victims as well as they are. They even asked Hiccup if they could train dragons of their own, Hiccup was shocked at first, but decided it was a good idea because maybe if Astrids group can prove to the rest of the Hooligans that dragons aren't mindless beasts, then he'd be making progress.

(Astrids pov)

Ever since I've regained Hiccup's trust and friendship again, I need to do every thing in my power to never abuse that trust he placed in me. I've always like Hiccup, even when we were kids, he didn't pretend to be something he wasn't, we were the ones who beat him down for being different and I regret not helping him when he needed it the most.

Hiccup agreed to help me and my friends train dragons, because the rest of my people want to continue fighting a bloody and viscous war. I want to be part of the solution, not adding more pointless deaths. I was a fool, to doubt Hiccup years past, but what's done is done, I'm ready to make things right with him.

It was a cool morning and my friends and I made our way to the training arena which was larger then ours. We saw Hiccup and his dragon Toothless.

(Normal pov)

"Welcome to dragon training." Hiccup said as he opened the pens of dragons that haven't yet found riders, or were abused by hunters or trappers. There were five Night Furies; and each one of them looked mistreated, from scars running down torsos, eyes and other body parts. Wings sliced from razor netting, and other atrocities, Hiccup and his clan cared for them all and these dragons learned to forgive what humans did to them, yet they still carry deep hatred for hunters and trappers.

"Today, you five have the privilege of training these Night Furies to ultimately become one of your own." Hiccup said as one of the mistreated dragons nuzzled into his side and the young king scratched its head. Astrid approached and noticed this dragon had a scar running down its eye and instead of ocean blue, the color was a light gray on that eye. "What happened to this poor guy?" She asked.

Hiccup knelt before the dragon and gave it a huge Icelandic cod and the dragon tore into the fish with ease. "It's a girl. Her name is Shade." Shade looked at Astrid and she inspected the dragon, she had ocean blue eyes and her pupils turned into slits as she sniffed Astrid, growling at her.

Hiccup looked at Astrid with a worried face. "She's being cautious because she senses that you've harmed dragons." Astrid looked away in shame, she's killed plenty of dragons, and now it's coming back to haunt her. When she killed that Gronckle, she noticed it was in a trance like state, know she understood, those dragons were under the Red Death's control.

Astrid breathed hard and extended her hands out to Shade, the dragon bared her teeth, Astrid advanced very slowly. "It's okay girl. I'm not going to hurt you alright?" The Night Fury moved closer but still didn't lower her guard. The two look into each other's eyes.

Astrid saw an innocent creature who was wounded and a survivor of hunters and trappers seeking to gain wealth and reputation. And Shade saw a human who reeked of death and her hands smelled of blood. Dragon blood. Her pupils reduced to normal orbs but still her teeth were bared. Shade's nose twitched as sniffed Astrids hand and she finally pressed her snout into her hand.

Astrid exhaled shakily and laughed in disbelief, she'd received Shade's trust and bond, she wasn't going to abuse that bond they've just committed.

Not now.

Not ever.

"Wow. Congratulations Astrid, you've bonded with Shade, I'm sure with training and treating her right her wounds will heal and hopefully put her past behind her." Astrid smiled warmly at Hiccup and placed her forehead on Shade's, the dragon closed her eyes and pressed her head against her new rider's forehead.

Asbjorn bonded with Blaze, a Night Fury whose eyes are the color of fire and it's scales and fins glow of fire as well. Blaze is a Titan Wing and was caught in razor netting, scars and punctures are all over his body, but he's been tended to by Hiccup personally over the years and the dragon trusts Hiccup, however since Asbjorn was a Viking and has killed dragons, it took the massive male time to bond with, but Asbjorn was patient and eventually bonded with Blaze.

Fishlegs bonded with Nimbus, another female and actually is Shade's younger sister. The two managed to escape from trappers, although Nimbus doesn't have scars, she's harbored hatred for humans that hurt her sister. Nimbus's eyes and scales glowed turquoise and she was one of the most dominant female Night Furies on the island and she had a good relationship with Toothless, seeing the alpha as a brother. Since Fishlegs hasn't killed dragons, nor holds any desire to, Nimbus bonded with Fishlegs easily and Fishlegs was extremely giddy.

Ruffnut and Tuffnut who took longer to bond with their dragons, due to them being...well, the twins. The Night Furies they were attempting to bond had escaped from hunters many years ago and were twins too. The two dragons eyes glowed of mossy green and were both extremely protective of each other. The two dragons names were Wrath and Scorn.

Once everyone bonded with their dragons, Hiccup and Toothless stepped forward. "You all have taken a big step. The bonds you've made with each of these Night Furies is one to cherished and respected, they've all suffered and you must show them that you're worthy of their bond. Do this and I'll make you part of the Black Guard." Hiccup said and each of the young Berkians who whispered to each other, clearly surprised they be granted this position.

"Now, you must swear an oath." Hiccup said as he stepped toward the group. "Do you all vow to defend dragons everywhere? Do swear you'll never inflict any more death upon these magnificent creatures? And do you swear to protect your dragons with your life?" The Berkians nod and say in perfect unison.

"We swear."

Hiccup nods and steps forward. "Go. Take your dragons outflying, get to know them better and show your people that you stand for peace and not for further bloodshed." They nodded climbed on their dragons and shot toward the sky while whooping in excitement and in thrill.

Hiccup and Astrid stared at each other and gave each other warm smiles before the Berkians flew toward their side of the island. Hiccup climbs on Toothless and follows their guests, Hiccup knew the rest of the Hooligans would be furious at this, but right now Hiccup could care less, he needed to open these peoples eyes and show them the truth about dragons. Whether they like it or not.

Once landing the other Hooligans saw their own riding their dragons and they summoned Stoick, they were enraged by this and were shouting insults.

"Traitors!!"
"How could you side with them?!"
"Have you all gone mad?!!"

Once Hiccup and Toothless landed he headed toward Astrid and her group, the crowds spotted their former prince and gave him evil looks. "Of course! Look at what this boy is doing to our future generation... corrupting them with lies and forcing them to trust dragons over us!" Mildew seethed out, pointing his staff at the Hiccup, while causing shouts of agreement from the other Vikings. Hiccup's rage boiled not only was he being insulted, he'd teach them not to provoke his wrath.

"You withered old fuck!" Hiccup snarled, he ignited his sword and pointed it mere inches away from Mildews face, the old man looked as if he soiled himself. "You dare insult my me?! And to accuse me of filling their heads with lies?!" He pointed to Astrid and group. Stoick arrived and stood between Hiccup and Mildew. "Stoick. Get out of my way." The young king spat coldly.

Stoick looked at Mildew with murderous look making the old man back down. "Mildew. You will hold your tongue, or I'll gladly hack it out of your mouth!" Mildew looked at Hiccup then back to Stoick. "Are you really trusting this dragon lover to be convert our future generation from warriors to dragon tamers?!" Mildew asked in disbelief.

"I'm not doing anything Mildew. Hiccup is trying to help end our dragon raids by killing the Red Death and once he is done with that we'll return back to Berk." Stoick said. That's when Mildew turned his attention back on Hiccup

"Well, that may be the case, but are you going to put yer' faith in your failure of a son who is too useless when it comes to fighting?" he asked. Did he really just make the 'Hiccup the Useless' reference?

Hiccup roared in outrage and stabbed the ground and the flames on his sword extinguished and he grabbed a handful of Mildews tunic and hauled the smelly old man toward him. "You always were a snake Mildew, using your poisonous words to bring me down? That worked when I was back on Berk. But no longer." Mildew looked at the ground but I grabbed his cheeks squeezing in an iron grip making Mildew scream in pain. "I'm not forcing Astrid and her group to train dragons, they see that this war is pointless and they wish to make peace with the dragons and earn their forgiveness." Mildew scoffed.

"Pff... what I can't believe is that you've sided with the beasts that we've all sworn to kill!" He spat, and a few more agreements and nodding of heads from the other Vikings. Is he really pushing me around? "Is it because you thought you weren't good enough to become a Viking? Or that you knew you were useless that you tried to offer yourself to a dragon to kill yourself? You couldn't even lift an axe or a bola and you always caused more damage than the dragons during raids! Maybe that's why he joined them, just to cause more damage to us!" he shouted. And just as predicted some of the Vikings were agreeing with him, as they stood up and stood behind him.

Hiccup then grabbed Mildews scrawny arm and pulled down with his all his strength, and the bone snapped and stuck out of his arm. Mildew screamed in agony and Hiccup proceeded to punch the old mans throat in. He fell backward and landed hard, the young man pulled his sword out of the ground and pointed it right at Mildews heart, the old man attempted begging, but could form no words.

Everyone watched in shock at what Hiccup just did, he then proceed to place the point of his sword right where Mildews heart was beating rapidly in fear. "Still think I'm weak?" Hiccup asked as Mildew tried to defend himself. Stoick pushed Hiccup back and shook his head. "Enough. I'll deal with Mildew Hiccup. Please don't hurt anyone else." Hiccup looked at the rest of the Hooligans and they all seemed intimidated by him now.

"Your future generation chose to do this, by their own will, I didn't force them into anything. This is your last warning, if any of you speak such vulgar language toward my people or family I'll kill you and if you lay one finger on the dragons here, I'll flay the skin from your bones." Hiccup seethed out coldly, everyone nodded and bowed their heads in submission. "Toothless, come." The dragon obeyed and waited for his rider and the two flew off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

198K 3K 35
We all have monsters locked away inside us, we're fortunate to have friends and family to keep that monster we have inside us pinned down. Unfortunat...
14K 582 17
OneArtsyGamer03 here, lovelies Republishing of How to Protect Your Dragon <3 ... Ah, Berk. The perfect island where Vikings and dragons can live in p...
104K 1.2K 26
To anyone who reads this, As it pains me to say this, I ran away from Berk. There I said it. Look, its not that I don't love being on Berk. But I ca...
297K 7.3K 34
Hiccup, a boy living in the village Berk. Being a weakling yet the son of the chief. Y/n, a girl flying on her Night Fury. Loving to be free. Flying...