Royal Pain (Book One)***Compl...

By romolavinia91

Dark, riveting, passionate, love, betrayal, revenge, evil Warning!!!! This is a first draft. If you want the... More

1. The Beginning
2. The New World
3. Tackle Time
4. Date With Darius
5. Ice Cream With a Vampire
6. History Lesson
7. Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
8. Innocent Culprits
9. Predator vs. Prey
10. Guilty Mind
11. First Elimination
12. Butterflies and Shock Waves...
13. Never Beg for Mercy
14. An Unwanted Surprise
15. Nothing's Ever Fair
16. To Defy a Vampire
17. Hidden Little Secret
18. Rebels With A Cause
19. Beach Bums
20. Mask of Many Faces
21. Comforting Times
22. Sleepless Night
24. Promiscuous Ways
25. Birthday Wishes
26. Confessions
27. Waking To A Dream
28. Broken Dreams
29. Distractions
30. Chosen Queen
THE END
BONUS

23. Struggles of the Heart

283K 3.9K 715
By romolavinia91

Deva felt completely drained yet stress-free the next morning. She didn't care about the talent show or worrying herself over it. Did any of it really matter at this point? She promised herself she would go out there and just play what she liked and knew best. Impressing the princes just didn't appeal to her. Either they liked her, or they didn't. They should know by now if they did or not. She was sure a little talent show wouldn't alter their feelings for her, especially since they were intending on keeping her there for a long time.

Deva rummaged through her closet trying to find an outfit to wear and spotted something shiny and silky towards the back. She pulled on it and a beautiful royal blue dress with a low back cut was in her hands. She was never the type to dress up, but the dress was really tempting. If people were going to stare at her, they might as well have something worth staring at.

So she stood carefree facing her mirror taking in her attire of enchanting silk. The dress fit her like a perfect glove and the lower back was definitely more risky than she was used to.

Deva heard her door open and saw Julia walking in wearing a beautiful flowing green dress.

"You look stunning Juls."

"Thanks." Julia bit her lip.

Deva immediately noticed her anxiety. "Don't stress Juls. You'll do great. So what are you going to do to impress the princes?" She smirked and added, "Flash them?"

Julia rolled her eyes. "I'm sure I'd win then, but I want to keep my dignity intact."

"Aw that never stopped you before."

Julia threw her a pillow from the couch which only made Deva laugh. "I was just kidding, but no really what are you doing?"

"I'm going to be dancing."

Julia used to dance ballet as a little girl, and it flourished into a more modern twist as she grew older and added new styles of dance to her resume.

"Ahhh I love when you dance." Deva went forward and grabbed her hands. "What were those salsa moves again?"

Deva was always a little jealous of Julia's dance moves but then again what girl wouldn't be. No guy or audience could resist Julia when she was dancing. Her swift elegant movements had a way of capturing the people who were lucky enough to witness it.

They were swaying side to side and twirling each other for the fun of it. It was a good way of distracting themselves from the real performance. Soon they forgot all about the talent show and their laughter echoed throughout the room.

"You're getting better," Julia commented.

Deva took the lead and ended their dance by dipping Julia carefully. "Am I?" She lowered her voice to try imitating the princes.

Julia nodded and giggled at the same time.

Deva replicated the famous princes' smirk. "Maybe it's because I have the most amazing dance partner I could ever ask for." Her British accent was not half bad either. "Julia I just want you to know you're the queen of my dream."

Julia decided to play along. "Oh prince you flatter me so. You know you're the only one I think about."

"I'm only gone a few days and already you've found another," Marcus burst in through the doors.

Julia dramatically covered her mouth as if she was caught in some act of true betrayal. Deva stepped in front of her, guarding her from Marcus.

"You have lost her forever. She is mine," Deva did her best not to laugh. "Stand back you feign."

"Never," Marcus wept. He was just as theatrical as they were. "I will never give up on her."

Deva took a step forward. "Then prepare to die."

Marcus shook his head, not able to hold his composer any longer. "Deva that is an awful accent. We do not sound like that."

"Awful," she acted offended. "You wish you had that kind of an accent."

He shook his head. There was no winning with her. "I've come to wish you both good luck but I know you don't need it." Secretly he was dying to see Julia again.

"Why thank you my good man but I must be off. " Deva had to check the strings on her cello before the show started.

As soon as Deva was out of the room the nerves began to kick in again. Julia couldn't find a way to keep her heartbeats steady. Marcus could hear her fast pace heartbeats and went to stand in front of her.

"Julia, are you alright?"

She nodded. "It's been so long since I've danced in front of an audience." She typically didn't get this nervous. Julia knew it had to have been because of him. Marcus was going to be there; he was going to see her dance. She could practically puke just thinking about it.

Marcus cupped her face and she closed her eyes. For some reason he wanted to demand she open them. He loved her dark chocolaty eyes and missed them. Instead he leaned in and brushed his lips against hers.

"You're going to be fine. Breathe, my love. Just breathe."

She did as he said. "Marcus?"

"Hmmmm."

"I got this pit and these stupid butterflies going crazy in my stomach." It was hard for to express her feelings.

Her confession was normal. It was nerves. Marcus wished there was something he could do. "Julia it's normal. It happens to everyone. Would you like me to ease your worries with my ability?"

"No," she shook her head and opened her eyes. She had to get it out and make him understand. "These butterflies and this stupid pit in my stomach is something I've had for a while now."

The deeper he searched her eyes the harder for him to comprehend where this was going.

She had to finish. "They always come when I'm around you." She dropped her gaze. "I get them because of you." It took all her courage to actually confess that to him.

Marcus crushed his lips against hers. She didn't expect that kind of reaction from him but she would take it. His sweet gentle touch ended too soon. "I like you too Julia."

She couldn't believe her ears. It had to be a dream.

"I just couldn't find a way to tell you."

Julia smirked, kissing him again. "Well this is a start."

A few minutes went by and the Queen announced it was show time. The audience consisted of only the King, Queen, Princes, and a few of the close friends which the majority Deva had met because of the ball and party. Deva was last to go and for once hated it. The wait gave her time to work up her nerves.

She watched the other girls perform on the average size stage they had in the castle. Deana sang opera in a pitch too high, Evie played the harp, and Red ended up displaying a few gymnastic moves.

She wasn't, bad but it was a little boring because there was no music and some of the moves were too long and lame. Julia on the other hand did amazingly well. She chose a classical song to dance to which with her soft moments made the audience cry and smile at the same time. She moved gracefully and Deva couldn't be more proud.

When she was done, it was Deva's turn. She seriously thought about walking out, but decided against it when Jeffrey gave her an encouraging push towards the stage. The curtain was still pulled down as she took the cello and positioned the bow in her trembling hands.

Giving her signal of ready to Jeffrey she saw the curtains move up revealing a rather intimidating audience. Her eyes immediately sought the blue ocean orbs she was too familiar with. The beats of her rapid heart were fused by their deep captivating stares. They were slowly pulling her into their spell, and she felt like she was bound in chains.

Deva dropped her cello to the side in a weak surrender. The soft whispers of the audience's shock filled her ears, but Deva turned to Jeffrey. He knew the cue and was prepared for her backup plan. Three men walked on stage seating themselves next to instruments.

Deva felt this song in her heart and prepared herself for it, but was too afraid to sing it. The cello was taken from her hands, and soon the sweet sound of the piano and violin filled her ears. Deva finally worked up the courage to face the audience just in time for the first line of the song. Her gentle voice was transformed to a melody like no other.

'Sweet love, sweet love, trapped in your love
I've opened up, unsure I can trust'

The words were spilling out of her with truth and desperation. She needed to get the feelings out, and this was the only way to do that. Her eyes shifted to Lucian.

'I found a man I can trust and boy, I believe in us
I am terrified to love for the first time'

Lucian's eyes held warmth and so much compassion. It was like the sound of her beating heart was calling out to him. Deeper into the song she went as her eyes shifted to Darius.

'I catch my breath with just one beating heart
And I embrace myself, please don't tear this apart'

Darius' cool grey eyes were searching hers to reply. A reply to let her know he would never tear her down or pull her apart. He needed her to know that, and that was exactly what she saw in his eyes. The song was so powerful and told the struggle she was going through with every aspect. She was terrified of loving for the first time. There was so much to lose.

The melody kicked up a notch, and the phrase came out of her mouth like it would if an angel sang it. Deva shut her eyes and filled the words with every emotion she had running through her veins.

'Do I risk it all? Come this far just to fall? Fall'

Her voice beautifully carried throughout the whole room, enchanting and amazing everyone in it. She filled the last stanza with everything she had left in her soul.

'I am bound to you
I am, ooh I am
I'm bound to you'

The last sound of her voice stuck in the air for a long while, and then silence filled the atmosphere. Deva was too afraid to open her eyes, but soon enough she heard clapping. A roar of applauses came from everywhere, and she opened her eyes before taking a bow. She could see the glow of pride and admiration on several faces. Deva took one final bow before walking away, the rush of adrenaline kicking in to the max.

 She pushed through all the girls backstage, not caring if they were annoyed by her sudden shove through. Deva didn't see Julia; so she hurried out of there and began running towards her room. She didn't want to deal with all the excitement and attention from all the people.

Her breath was now coming out in shallow pants as she neared her door. She didn't want to stop till she was safely inside. Shutting the door quickly behind her, she slid down and rested her head between her knees. Performing in front of people was never her thing. Yes she was witty with her tongue and could silence anyone with a comeback, but being on stage and in the spot light of people waiting and anticipating was a different thing for her.

She dreaded the feeling and didn't know how she managed to get through it on this night especially with two vampire brothers that gazed at her with such intense admiration.

Deva felt her mind on overload at the same time her eyes grew heavy with sleep. She dragged her exhausted body towards the bed and instantly fell asleep when her head hit the pillow.

It was still dark when she woke up. Flashes of the talent show went through her head as she shook the sleepiness away. She sat up and noticed a huge vase of over fifty red roses sitting on her table. Walking over to them she saw a white card next to the vase.

It read, 'To the star that stole the night, you were beautiful, and you sang like an angel. Words cannot describe how talented and wonderful of a person you are sweet Deva. I wanted to give these flowers to you personally, but you were already sleeping so peaceful like an angel that none of us dared wake you. I will see you soon. Love Always and Soulfully Yours, Loosh'

Deva couldn't help the smile that formed on her face, and she leaned over to take a big whiff of the roses. They smelled divine and wonderful. She had to remember to thank him later. Turning to head to the bathroom, Deva noticed another object resting against her bed post. Placing her hand on the covered canvas, she inhaled before throwing the red sheet off it.

The picture bestowed in front of her was of the unfinished painting Darius had done of the girl by the window except now it was completed. The girl's face was no longer blank but was replaced with Deva's face. And the man by the tree was still shadowed but easily resembled the princes. He held in his hands a white rose. Deva felt a warm tear roll down her face. No one had ever painted her a picture let alone one the meant so much to her.

She turned and found a white rose and note on her bed stand. Deva quickly opened the note and read,

'To my beautiful forbidden sun, your talents never cease to amaze me. I can't image anyone else singing more beautifully than you. I hope you like the painting. When you told me the story, the only scene I saw in my head was that; you as the awaiting girl and your prince charming by the tree.
Always yours for the taking, Your Stud Muffin.'

Deva laughed at the last part through her tears. He could be so sweet sometimes, it was unreal. Then so suddenly, the beginning of the note rung in her ears 'beautiful forbidden sun'.

Why did it sound so familiar? Forbidden sun. Not many would choose that choice of wording, but she could have sworn she heard it somewhere.

Then it clicked. It all made sense. She grabbed the silk of her dress and rushed to the door, walking out with haste. Down the hall, she ran till she reached Darius' room. Not bothering to knock she walked right in. Darius was just then coming from his closet, fully clothed. He froze as he noticed her approaching figure.

"It was you," she accused and stopped a few inches away from him. "The mysterious brother from the Masquerade was you."

He didn't say anything, and she wasn't sure if he was shocked she found out, or if it wasn't him. It had to be, she convinced herself.

"Admit it." She inched closer. "It was you."

He crushed his lips against hers gently. She was taken by surprise, but the kiss was far too passionate to pull back from. "It was me," he confessed, and Deva felt relief wash over her.

"Why didn't you tell me it was you?"

He sighed. "Because I didn't know how that would make you feel. I know I'm not your favorite person. I have done so much that hurt you and I regret everything about it. I thought you'd be disappointed if you found out it was me. I will admit I did talk to the other girls to get their favor so I could be king, but that doesn't matter anymore."

She had to see his eyes; it was the only way to know if he was telling the truth. His blue-grey eyes were pure and pleading her.

"I can't stop thinking about you Deva. You are the only thing that matters to me now."

She took a few steps back and watched as his face fell and filled with sorrow. "You're a prince Darius, and one day you might be king."

"Deva I don't care about being king anymore. I don't. It all means nothing without you anyway."

She shook her head because she so badly wanted to believe him, but she wasn't sure.

"You say that now, but you might be chosen Darius. You can't refuse your future queen."

He reached for her hands and gently held them. "For you I can. Deva, I was nothing before I met you. I did nothing and gave nothing. I was just living. You came and pushed me around and showed me a different way of seeing things."

"When did you start feeling this for me?"

He leaned in to get a better view of her face. "The moment you opened your mouth, the moment you danced with me, the moment I felt I could open up to you and show you my ability."

Hot tears ran down her face, and he quickly wiped them away with his thumbs.

"I never meant to hurt you," he whispered.

"Darius..."

"Tell me you don't feel the same." His tone was soft but direct.

She slowly shook her head under his hands.

"Deva," he kissed her salty tear dropped lips. "Just give us a chance."

She fought a silent battle with her heart, with what she knew was right, and what was wrong. Hurting him or herself was something she knew she couldn't do or handle.

"Please," he begged. "I've never wanted or cared for someone so much in my life."

She wanted to say yes. She wanted to forget the rules she set in the beginning for herself and say yes, but something worse was holding her back.

"I want to but I can't."

"Why, my sweet Deva? Tell me why?"

She opened her pleading eyes, and he felt he knew her answer. "Darius we can't-"

His anger cut her off. "Be together. Don't you think I know that Deva? Don't you think I know you deserve better; someone that doesn't hurt you the way I have. You deserve someone noble and perfect...like my brother. I know you care for Lucian. If you were crowned queen tomorrow I know you would pick him." His sad broken voice and beaten body pulled away from her. "If it is my brother you want, I will not stand in your way." Darius dropped his gaze to the ground. "You should go to him."

Darius turned to walk away, but Deva quickly responded. "No!"

Deva rushed over to him and when he was back facing her she jumped into his arms.

"I want you." She tightened her arms around his neck, and he responded by pulling her body closer.

His face still looked confused, but very relieved to have her in his arms again.

"No Darius you're not perfect or noble, and neither am I. We all have our faults and struggles, but I don't want you to go through them alone." Her brown eyes grew sad as they bore into his. "I'm just scared where this might lead us."

His face didn't alter or show any sign of hurt as he leaned in and kissed her cheek. "Deva I understand this is hard for you, but life is meant to have risks. Take a chance, and let yourself be with me."

She took in his words and thought of what she had told Marcus. Life was about taking chances.
With a small laugh she responded, "You should know. You are much older and wiser than I am."

"Yes, so that means you have to listen to me." He joked, but secretly wished she'd take his advice.

"When you left that one night after your melt down, I couldn't get you out of my head." She traced his face with her fingertips. "I don't know what it is, or why it is, but I can't stop caring about you."

"You just care about me?" He teased leaning in to peck her lips.

"Too much for my own good."

He chuckled placing his hand on the side of her face, and she leaned into his touch. "I'm bound to you. I am bound in chains and shackles by your kindness, beauty, and pure heart."

"Darius what if-"

He silenced her with a long kiss. "No what ifs Deva. Life is too full of what ifs. Decide your own fate sweetheart."

She smiled because she loved the idea of being his, but deep down she couldn't help regret and wonder. Would he leave her if he was chosen by his queen? She pushed those thoughts to the side and focused on the present.

"I want you Darius. I want you all to myself." She made sure the last part was heard loud and clear.

Darius could not bestow his happiness more clearly on his face. His wide smile tugged at her heart like it always did, and she felt slightly weak at the knees. Darius tenderly pulled her face closer and covered her pink lips with his warm kiss. Chills of shock and pleasure filled them both to the core.

They settled comfortably into each other's arms, and after a while Deva began squirming out from his grasp, but he held tight.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"It's late. I'm going back to my room." She said genuinely confused by his comment.

"Oh no, you're not." He lifted her feet off the ground and carried her to his big king size bed of silk blue sheets. "You're sleeping here tonight sweetheart."

"Darius I don't think that is such a good idea." What would the King and Queen think? She didn't want to get in their bad graces.

"I don't feel like letting you go just yet." His eyes smoldered into a soft pleading puppy's. "Please Deva stay with me tonight."

He lay on the bed pulling her with him. "I haven't been able to sleep lately because thoughts of you have been haunting me, keeping me up. I think having you in my arms will help me with my restlessness."

How could she say no to that? She nestled her head on his warm broad shoulder and completely dismissed all thoughts of leaving. "Fine, but no funny business."

His laughter vibrated under her.

"I'll try my best to behave, my sweet little Deva." He kissed her hair, and she was out for the rest of the night comfortably and safely in the arms of the one she truly trusted and cared for.

 _________________________________

 Check out my book "Divine Purpose". I promise its just as captivating as Royal Pain.
Actually read all my books including "Hating you Sweetly"

VOTE!!!!! And remember to tell your friends. Thank you.   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 3.5K 47
This book is rated R for violence and language and sexual content readers you are warned.. *************** The war of the century has just be...
238K 11.9K 103
"You're playing with fire Safania." "Good thing I don't burn." The last words he spoke before throwing me onto my bed sounded like a threat, but felt...
17.7M 293K 79
There are TWO separate stories under this story group! Inject Me Sweetly: Vampires. Mythical creatures. Horrifying creatures. Creatures of the night...
129K 3.1K 13
Logan, the prince of Feygon, just turned twenty-one a few months ago and is nothing but a box of seriousness and arrogance. What no one knows is, he...