Balloon Animals (Girl Power S...

By moudenes

Overwhelmed children events stylist Tania Martin needed an assistant, and only ex-adult film star Devin Cole... More

Chapter 1 - Vacancy
Chapter 2 - Barista
Chapter 3 - Interview
Chapter 4 - Rentals
Chapter 5 - Farm Birthday
Chapter 6 - Back to the 80s
Chapter 7 - Carnival
Chapter 8 - Beach
Chapter 9 - Boho
Chapter 10 - Art
Chapter 11 - Pirates
Chapter 12 - Safari
Chapter 13 - Chef
Chapter 14 - Tea Party
Chapter 15 - Arabian Nights
Chapter 16 - Roaring 20's
Chapter 17 - Science Party
Chapter 18 - Supervised Visit
Chapter 19 - Halloween
Chapter 20 - Paris
Chapter 21 - Familia
Chapter 22 - Coffee Talks
Chapter 23 - Losing You
Chapter 25 - I Spy
Chapter 26 - Christmas Tree
Chapter 27 - Uncelebrated
Chapter 28 - Cuban Passion

Chapter 24 - Change of Plans

4.2K 382 20
By moudenes

I can't remember when was the last time I slept so deeply. In the last two and a half weeks I've slept so well that I can't even remember my dreams. Usually those are plagued with memories of a hospital, court papers and since I met Tania with hot glue and sewing needles.

I feel full of energy and hope for the future. Without a doubt, it has to do with waking up besides the beautiful woman sitting next to me as I drive. Tania just makes my world a whole lot better.

The first time we slept together was eventful. We finished late after a party and she asked me to stay. That is something I love about her, no games, she says everything straight out.

After what was possibly the best sex I've had in my life, which is difficult to believe with my past, we naturally fell asleep. I woke up the next morning a bit disoriented and then remembered that I was at Tania's. She wasn't in bed and I had to use the bathroom. The clock in my phone said it was close to six in the morning.

I arrived to the bathroom to find the door not fully closed. Through it, I could see a sleepy Tania sitting on the toilet and sporting the wildest mess of curls you can imagine.

"Morning," I opened the door a bit more.

Tania let out a blood-curdling scream and threw the hairbrush she had in her hand at me. The thing hit me straight between the eyes, making me yell in pain. Her damned good aim left a purple bump. She apologized a million times while getting me an ice pack and then walked all around the room with a worried look.

"What were you up so early?" I asked her.

"I needed to... you know.... use the bathroom and deal with this," she pointed at her hair.

"Tania, everyone poops," I responded trying not to laugh. "And how long did you think you could keep the hair thing secret from me?"

"As long as possible."

It was good that Peyton wasn't in the house cause if she didn't wake up before from our screams, she would have from the laughter attack we got. When we calmed down, Tania sat on my lap and I felt closer to her than I've ever been. Since that moment, she accepted that I love her anyway she looks and that her human needs don't bother me.

"Are you sure about this?"

Tania interrupts my memories of what was the start of us as a serious couple. I give her a quick look since I'm driving; she bites her lip and looks doubtful.

"Stephen did it and no one complained," I place my hand on her thigh and give her a small squeeze for reassurance. "It will be fine."

"How did you meet him? We have never talked about that before. If you tell me, it will take my mind off of everything else."

I smile at her question. I promised her to be more open about my past and everything else, and she enjoys asking me about anything that pops in her head.

"I didn't exactly meet him. Stephen searched for me. My whole life I thought I was an orphan."

I feel Tania's stare on my face. She expects a detailed version like when she and Peyton talk. I heard an extensive discussion over some guy called Cutie whom Peyton is dating and she still doesn't know his real name. Apparently he is good in bed... that was the last I heard before I put headphones on. A guy doesn't need to know all the details.

"And? Go on," she motions with her hand for me to continue.

I laugh and try to put my thoughts in order.

"Dad had been divorced for a while and looked for my mom, whom he met after he finished college. He was hoping to at least rekindle their friendship if she was in a relationship. He found out that she passed away and that her child was brought to an orphanage. When he made the mental calculation, he realized that he could be my father. He hired a private investigator and she located me. It couldn't have been difficult as I have my mother's last name and have lived here my whole life. When Stephen appeared at my door, I was shocked to see the older version of myself."

"You guys look alike very much indeed. Mason too, even though you don't share the same mother."

"Strong genes I guess. Dad then explained the purpose of his visit and I didn't want to believe it. Tessa and I were already in bad waters and this got added into it. I remained closed and unwilling to do anything about it until Tony meddled. He contacted my father and kept him informed about me. When I woke up in the hospital, my dad was the one in the room keeping an eye on me. My father cried happy tears and told me 'I thought I would lose you too'. It moved me a bit and this time I finally listened to him."

"He has a good heart. You can see that he has as much affection for you as for your brother."

"Without a doubt. Only it took me some time to understand that. I learned that when he was 22 years old, my grandparents bought a new location to expand the food factory and he was sent away to take care of it. He didn't want to go as he had met my mom recently who was just starting college. Mom stopped answering his calls, probably didn't dare to tell him she was pregnant, and his heart broke, thinking she probably met someone else. He met his ex-wife a couple of years later but never stopped thinking about my mom and why she didn't or couldn't contact him. After learning that, we had a DNA test done that confirmed what we already suspected. Cautiously, I let him in my life and the rest you know."

"How does he feel about Roxy?"

"He's over the moon with her. She's his first grandkid. I wish the circumstances were different and he could see her as often as he wants."

Tania let out a deep breath and I look again at her.

"You okay?" I ask as I park the car. Her hands shake a bit as she puts her phone back in her purse.

"Yeah, I am," she gives me a bright smile.

I cup her sweet cheek and kiss her lightly on her lips.

"I love you. Even more for doing this." I look into her eyes.

We get out of the car and walk inside the generic building of the Social Services department. I try to relax and not think much about the idea of seeing Tessa, but weirdly enough, she isn't here. After registering at the reception, we take a seat. Not even a minute later, my usual social worker comes out. Her face shows worry. We stand up as she walks towards us.

"Mr. Cole, we've been trying to reach you, but you were not answering your phone."

I pat my pants, my jacket and the pocket of my shirt.

"Did I leave it in the car?" I look at Tania.

"Probably at the house. You were talking with Tony right before we left."

"We have an unusual situation," the social worker says. "I need you to go to the police station-"

"Is Roxy okay?"

"She isn't hurt. Ms. Wright and her partner were arrested early this morning."

"Tessa? Arrested? On what charges?" I look from the social worker to Tania, who looks a bit uncomfortable.

"Possession and dealing."

My palms find my temples as I walk around in disbelief. All this time, I've been treated as the bad guy, and now the tables turn.

"I don't want Roxy in their proximity," I say to the social worker. 

"We have lifted the custody restrictions-"

"Let's go." I say to Tania, that is all I needed to know.

We drive towards the station and I take an extra minute in the car to take a deep breath and calm my anger. Tania who is normally chatty, is calm.

I identify myself at the desk and after a few minutes, I'm brought to a small room. The police agent explains to me that they received a tip on Tessa's boyfriend. After a property search they found material and a loaded gun. Tessa denies that she has anything to do with it.

I then got asked questions about her character. The truth is that we have barely spoken in the past three years so I don't know what she's up to. Still, I doubt on whether she would have gotten involved with that man knowing of his activities. She just isn't that kind of woman. Satisfied with my answers, I'm asked to wait.

"Daddy?"

I turn around and rush to hold my baby in my arms. She's teary and looks scared.

"I'm here. I won't let anything bad happen to you," I pick her up and continue hugging her.

A female agent explains that until the situation with Tessa clears up, they have given me Roxy's custody.

"Does it mean that Roxy will stay with me for the time being?" I ask, not sure if I heard right, and she nods.

I keep my feelings in check in order not to worry my daughter. I get a letter with the decision, additional information on help lines and then we are free to leave.

As I walk outside, still carrying my daughter, I find Tania on her phone. She smiles when she sees me and hangs up.

"I got her custo... custody," the knot in my throat makes it difficult to communicate the most simple information.

"I know, your dad called me."

Her words shock me, but so many feelings run through me that I decide to discuss it later.

"Roxy... I want you to meet someone."

My daughter lifts her face a bit and looks at me. Tania comes closer to us and caresses her cheek and her hair with tenderness.

"Tania is my girlfriend and just like you, I love her very much."

Roxy stares at Tania, who watches her with so much love and longing. My daughter then opens her arms towards Tania who without hesitation carries her. I was in shock before after learning of everything that happened, but now I feel I'm about to die of love. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40K 556 15
Devin, a seventeen year old delinquent, never had the easy life most people take for granted. He didn’t have parents who cared enough to ask where h...
6.4K 70 32
A famous high school girl finds out her dad is getting married to a women in New Jersey. The girl mother passed away when she was really young. Also...
You & I By _rayy4

Fanfiction

3.2K 264 4
4 part Zatima story.
21.6K 1.2K 25
A Fatima Story