The Mate I Never Wanted

By Saraphena69

I was a human girl looking for a safe place from the supernatural creatures that had invaded our world. I nev... More

Wolf Information
Prolouge
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 1

11.9K 276 38
By Saraphena69

Sheshira pov

The day started out as any other. I woke up from my place in a tree, I ate some leftover berries from the day before, and then I gathered all of my things and left.

The sun had not risen yet and the early morning sky was dark. I would always wake early in the morning, it was better to start moving before daylight. I would find someplace to hide out and then I would move on after a few days, staying in the same place for too long was dangerous. If I stayed in the same area, I would for sure be captured.

As I walked I came across some forest animals, they scurried across the forest floor getting away as soon as possible. The squirrels climbed up their trees, the deer jumped over fallen trees, and the birds chirped from a distance as the flew across the sky. The sun had begun to rise in the sky illuminating it with beautiful shades of reds, oranges, and blues. It was simply beautiful, waking early before the sun rose was worth it due to the beauty of the morning sky.

I had been walking for hours when I came upon a city of destroyed buildings. It had been quite some time since I had last been to a place like this, the wolves had most likely already cleared everything out. I would need more supplies soon so I decided to go search the buildings even though I might not find anything.

The buildings had long been destroyed and abandoned. Walking into the first building I saw that dust covered everything in the place. I wandered the halls in search of anything useful to me but found nothing. After I had searched through multiple buildings, I finally came across one that had been stashed full of food and other supplies. Someone had stashed all of this here but from the looks of the place it had long been forgotten, I grabbed anything that I could carry. Nightfall was coming and I needed to get back to the forest where it would be safer.  I quickly gathered everything that I had grabbed and headed back out to the forest.

The forest was dark and the sky was decorated with stars, millions of them were out tonight. I had always loved the night sky, even as a child, they were so beautiful. I had picked up all of my things and traveled further into the forest to find a place to sleep for the night. Finding a tall tree with sturdy looking branches, I begin to climb up and settle on a limb high in the tree. I bring out a thick rope from my bag and tie it around my legs and the branch. Finally set for the night I slowly fall asleep, slipping into a somewhat of a peaceful sleep.

***

I woke in the dark of the night, the wind softly blowing and the stars shining brightly. There was a rustling on the forest floor, something big was moving. The sound of the creature had woken me up from my slumber. It came closer towards the area of where I had slept in the tree. More similar looking creatures appeared not far behind the other creature. Being able to see in the dark came in handy for these types of situations, I could see that the creatures sensed that I was near. Untying the rope around me, I quietly put it in my backpack. Getting ready to climb higher in the tree, I heard bones breaking. Werewolves! Of course, they could smell me, there was no way I could outrun them. They were naturally fast creatures, their senses were the same as when they were in wolf form. I began to climb even higher in the tree hoping that none of them could climb up after me. After I had climbed up a good few feet further in the tree I looked down. None of them had moved, it was as if they were waiting for someone.

A few minutes had passed and sure enough, another group of wolves came walking in. They were a small group, they seemed to be a little bigger than the first group of wolves. I watched them silently as I sat in the tree. The forest was quiet, so quiet that if I made even the smallest sound I would be discovered. If I wasn't already.

A large wolf suddenly walked in and the second group of wolves cleared a pathway for him to walk. He was even bigger than the other wolves, he looked to be the alpha.

His bones started to break and he soon was in his human form. He had dark hair and bright eyes that seemed to shine in the dark. I refused to look even further than that, he was gorgeous.

The second group of wolves had not shifted, only the first group were in their human forms. He walked to them and started to started to say something when suddenly the branch I was on snapped. I attempted to grab onto a branch when I was falling but I didn't have a good grip on it. I hit my head on a thick branch on my way down and my vision began to blur. Before I hit the forest floor I was already knocked out.

************************************

Roman pov

When I had woken up this morning, I felt good. Today was different, I hadn't felt this good in a long time. I had worked late the night before attempting to clear my weekend up to have time to relax. Life in the pack was great, except for some of the wolves have not found their mate yet. I myself had looked for my mate but could not find her, I still hoped to find her soon. I have been looking for my mate for seven years now, I had just turned twenty-six a few months ago.

Once a werewolf turns nineteen they are able to find their mate. We don't always find them right away, but we usually find them after a few years after the age of nineteen.

After getting dressed I walked to my office to finish up paperwork about expanding the pack territory. More wolves were creating families and would need homes to live in. Here the pack house was used for meetings and celebrations. The pack house was currently where I lived until I meet my mate. They teenage werewolves also lived here of their choice. It was a huge house surrounded partially by forest. There is a path that leads to the homes of pack members, the houses were spaced out so that they had a bit of space and privacy for themselves. Each pack member has food and shelter no matter their rank in the pack.

The pack members were ranked according to their bloodline or strength. The strongest wolf being the Alpha male followed by the Luna. The alpha leads the pack and keeps order as well as cares for his pack members.

***

Looking at the clock on the wall, the time had gone by fast. It was already five in the afternoon, I had to go meet a group of rogues who wanted to join my pack.

Walking out of my office and into the hallway, I make my way outside. Going behind a tree, I shift into my wolf form. I had some of my pack members coming with me, they had run the border of our territory during the day. They would be there to witness and protect me.

As I ran through the forest to the border of my pack my wolf began to get more excited the further I ran. The forest floor crunched under my paws and the forest animals scurried away in fear. The wind hitting my fur felt so good after a day in the office.

It didn't take me long until I reached the border of my pack. A group of wolves stood in their human forms on the other side of the pack border. They were skinny werewolves that looked as if they had never been introduced to a shower. I shifted and put on a pair of shorts I had carried in my mouth on. My pack members that were present stepped aside to let me through.

"You want to join my pack," I stated with a low voice.

"Well, we were hoping it would be better than striving to survive on our own." The better-looking werewolf stepped up while he talked.

"How could I ever trust you and your friends, and besides; what could you contribute to my pack that we don't already have?" Before they could answer my questions, a branch from above started to snap. Before looking up, I heard the branch hit the ground with a thud. All eyes seemed to be on a tree a few feet from where we stood. Looking up I saw a girl who seemed to be in her teens. She was hanging from a branch that she grabbed hold of when she was falling, her grip on the branch seemed to be weakening. As her hands lost their grip on the branch she began to fall again. Her head hit another branch as she fell before I could react she hit the forest floor. Hurrying over to her I saw that she was unconscious, crouching down I noticed that she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen.

I was drawn to her in a way I couldn't explain. As I touched her face I felt sparks, I couldn't believe it. I had finally found my mate! She was the reason that my wolf was excited, he had sensed that she would be here. I lifted her up into my arms and stood up. Happiness filled my every being, I had finally found my mate. No longer caring about the group of rogues I began to walk back to the pack house.

"Hey, what about us?" The leader of the group of rogues called out to me.

"Find some other pack to join," I said as I kept walking away. My pack members following behind me.

I kept walking not wanting to bounce her around too much. As I reached the pack house, I had one of my pack members call the pack doctor. I walked down the hall to my bedroom and set her down softly. The pack doctor came in a few minutes after and hurried over to her. I growled at him, my wolf feeling protective over our mate. He ignored me and went to work on checking her over for other injuries.

"she'll have a headache when she wakes up, but other than that she should be fine. Give her this when she wakes up," he said handing me a pill of ibuprofen.

"Make sure she takes it with a glass of water," he said over his shoulder as he walked out of the room.

I watched her as she slept for a bit and then I decided to go to bed myself. Throwing on a different pair of shorts I then climbed into bed, wrapping my arms around her I fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 5K 54
⚠️Before you read!⚠️ I wrote this a long time ago, and I'm trying to rewrite it. But unfortunately, I'm experiencing a writer's block It will take a...
603K 15.3K 22
Werewolf / Romance / Thriller This story is not the typical reject story where the girl get rejected by her alpha mate, and she run away and get back...
Alice By Gabby

Werewolf

15.7K 909 21
This is the next story after the Alpha's Daughter and the Betas son. Its about Sebastian's and Alissa's daughter. I would recommend reading The alpha...
129K 4.3K 19
Ginger has a far from normal family. Not to mention, their werewolves. After her parents death, her brothers have become her everything. Her brothers...