III: The Redemption (Complete...

writtenbytee

MUST READ KEEPING SECRETS & THE REVELATION FIRST!! Nothing lasts forever, while somethings never change. Ho... Еще

Disclaimer
Copyright
Visuals Are Back
1. First Day of School
2. The New Boy In Town
3. Mine
4. Major Changes
5. Friend or Foe?
6. Baby Fever
7. Literally, Lit
8. Fashion Industry
9. Family over Everything
11. You Aint Seen Crazy Yet
12. One Less Thing To Worry About
13. Return to Sender
14: Then & Now
14 & A Half: Revenge
15: Personal
16: Anything For You
17: Beyond What You See
18: Puzzle Pieces
19: Promise to Protect
20: man to Man
21: Should've Been Me
22: A Loss
23: Another Side of You
24: For The Last Time
25: Dove
Epilogue : Lesson & Blessings

10. Movin' On Up

10.5K 461 312
writtenbytee

Alonzo Flemington

Around me sat a bunch of my best, strongest and most loyal men to my crew, they sat quietly as I reviewed the footage that had been placed in front of me. The office space was tense as my jaw clenched, and blood boiled at the sight. "How the hell is this supposed to help me?!" I yelled, slamming the laptop shut. "This is all you guys have for me?!" I looked up into the eyes of a couple of my tech guys that had brought the little bit of footage they were able to scrap up before the fire.

"Yes boss, that's all that was left." I sighed out of frustration and ran my fingers through my hair. I replayed the video about 10 times; there were two individuals, masked up with a clear motive. They broke into the safe, one pointed at the camera, threw up a middle finger then set the place on fire. Those quick seven minutes were the only thing that was left from my condo. Not one face to search for, just two individuals that were obviously smarter than me at this point.

"Nothing from the living room or front door camera?"

"Nothing boss, those were turned off even before the party began."

"So, it's obvious that it had to have been someone on the inside?"

"Or Nya turned them off so she wouldn't get caught."

"Fuck!" I slammed my fist against the desk in front of me and sat back. Now that I knew this was in fact arson as opposed to the accident others were ruling it as; it was confirmation that someone was trying to mess with me. Not to mention the fact that Nya's punishment had just went up a notch. "So none of you have a clue who this might've been?!" I asked raising my brow, "How about you Jerome? You weren't at the party last night?"

"I stopped by... only to try and tell Nya that I thought the party was a bad idea, I got there a couple minutes before the fire."

"And none of you idiots were on duty to confirm or deny that?" I asked, looking around the room at the apologetic and worrisome men that sat across from me. "Idiots..." I hissed out. "Have you tried getting surveillance from the building?" I spoke toward Cody who stood by my side.

"We did, they said the police have already taken a look; with the volume of teenagers at the party it could've been anyone."

"I don't know man..." I said, shaking my head. "I really don't know. It's like you guys don't respect me. I put food in your mouth, clothes on your back and here you are... slacking off on my time?" my brow raised as I leaned forward, "Do you understand that every breath you take is on my time? Without me you dumbasses are nothing but idiots without one damn credential to your name. I give you guys and inch of greatness and you decided to take a mile at the wrong damn time!" I could feel the heat coming from my face as I spoke.

"Babe!" I looked towards the door to see London's head popping into my office. "I know you're busy and all but the real estate agent is on the phone, she wants to know when we'll be coming."

"In a moment."

"Alright, because people are making offers and she wants to hear from us before she does anything."

"I understand. Give me a moment please."

"Alright." She closed the door behind her and I returned my attention back to the group. "What's the next move Cody?"

"Well one thing I do know; you need to move your money." He said, placing a map of the city on the desk in front of me; with circles around the areas where I had trap houses. "This person knows where you live so they must've been watching you. You moving is good but it isn't enough, it's clear that it's your money that they're after."

"How are you so sure?"

"If they wanted to hurt you, they would've went after Nya, knowing she's your pride and joy but they didn't because that's not what they want."

"Boss, he does have a point." Another one of my men said with a nod of his head. "When Eazy was running things, he would move trap houses on a regular basis."

"Yeah but Eazy wasn't moving as much product as I am. To move all of this would be too much."

"But it's what you need to do, move it, invest it, work with what you got until you figure out who's behind all of this."

I nodded, and tugged on my beard as I processed the thought. "Fine, I gotta get out of here but Cody I want you to get everyone to stop what they're doing, bag it up and prepare for relocation. I'll send you a message letting you know where I want it." I stood up from my seat, took my jacket up from behind it and stuck my arm into it. "Watch your backs, work together and don't forget that to snake me would be a death wish." I reached into my pocket for my cigarette box, shook one out then stuck it between my lips. "Now get to work." I demanded, causing them all to jump up and head straight for the door.

With a sigh, I turned to Cody who held a lighter out to spark my cigarette. "Thanks fam."

"Gotcha boss, just take it easy." I nodded and took a hit, letting out a cloud of smoke. I had nothing but respect for Cody who stuck by me since our security days at Char's store, never once has he switched on me which is why I trusted him with my life. He worked as my own personal body guard, which is why instead of being here to supervise this weekend, he was trailing behind me to Cleveland for protection. I kept his hands clean because of the amount of loyalty he showed me. "When you have the time we need to talk about the new competition? Remember I was telling you about a man named Hezzy?"

"Yeah, I'm not worried about him right now. Many have tried it, and all have failed. We have the best product right now Cody. Aint nothing coming close."

"I understand but I do feel like wee need to be on the lookout."

"Soon, right now we need to handle this... figure out who these guys are that burnt down my place. Once I got that handled, I'll take care of the petty competition."

"Fine." He said, as I walked towards the door. "Should I stay here or follow you to the new house?"

"I need you here. I'll be alright, just make sure you get everything out of the trap houses, and I also want you to send a moving company by Sam's house in about an hour... Get some of the young ones to help, I want everything out of by tonight."

"Alright, and does she know that we're coming by?"

"Nah... it's a bit or a surprise. I set something up to keep her busy for the rest of the evening, so you don't have to worry about her interfering with the process."

"Got it." he dapped me up and I pulled him into somewhat of a man hug before pulling away. "Later boss." I gave him a nod then headed for the door where London stood impatiently with her hand on her hip.

"What's the rush?"

"I don't want to lose this house, hurry up!"

"Oh, now you're worried about losing a house?" I smirked, and her mouth flew open, staring at me in disbelief. "Let's go. I gotta go pick up Nya."

Samantha King

"I don't care what he says Ro, I'm not moving."

"I don't blame you, who does he think he is running up in there as if he's been around."

"Not only that but you have the audacity to bring your pet monkey with you? Nah... I'm not with it."

"It's all that weed he's been smoking, finally getting to him."

"I tell you." I rubbed Carter's back as he rested against my chest.

"Enough of him, how's chocolate cutie?"

"I don't know," I said with a bit of a giggle. He had responded to my text earlier saying he wanted to see me soon, and he really enjoyed the short time we had spent together last night. Although it wasn't the best circumstances, I too did enjoy his company.

"Please, don't you dare hold out on me. What do you think so far?"

"I think he's very nice, and I could see myself spending time with him in the near future."

"Ouuu... a potential replacement?"

"That's where the confusion comes in. I've been wanting to move on for so long and now that I actually may have a chance... I can't get that asshole of a husband out of my head."

"That's normal, but you do need to let him go. He's moved on and you need to do just the same. You deserve better Sam and you know this."

"I do..." I nodded as if she could see me. "It's just going to take some time to adjust to someone new..."

"Of course, but after making that adjustment you'll realize how better off you are."

"You're right... but how do I even go about doing so? How do I let him go? He's the father of my kids... I have to interact with him."

"About the kids and that's it. Cut him out of your life, get rid of his pictures, cover up that tattoo on your side, sell that expensive ass ring girl! Do what you have to do to get rid of anything that reminds of you of the relationship you guys shared. Once you've done that you can finally ask for that damn divorce already!"

"Easier said than done."

"I've done it... so I know what I'm taking ab-. Sam, I'm going to have to call you back... he's here to get Nya."

"Alright boo, call me later. Love you."

"Love you!" I hung up and placed Carter down in his crib for his nap then turned on a movie for Elise to watch in the living room. I shot Hezekiah a message back letting him know that I wanted to see him soon as well, then made sure that I had all the locks and alarms set on the doors before headed upstairs to my room to have a bit of me time which consisted of a REAL shower where I finally got to watch my hair, and finally shave my body hair.

The moment I got out, I checked on the kids again before moisturizing and completing my hygienic routine. I threw my damp hair into a tight top-knot bun and put on an over-sized tee and a pair of black leggings. I enjoyed Saturdays for the mere fact that I could finally just relax and get some things that had nothing to do with motherhood done.

I left the door to my room open as I sat with my legs crossed in front of a big box filled with pictures, a pair of scissors sat on my lap. I took a deep sigh and I dug into the box and pulled out the camera that he had given me when we moved into our first house, it was still in good condition, but wouldn't turn on due to the battery that we hadn't charged in years. I remembered when Elise was born; there wasn't a day where Alonzo wasn't in her face with this thing!

A smile came across my face as I reminisced over the old days.

After seeing and hearing Alonzo with that girl this morning I knew it was time to let it go, not to mention that argument that we shared; being a trigger that reminded me of the worst parts of our marriage. I knew him well enough to know that he would never bring her into my home or around our kids if he wasn't serious about her, and now that I knew, I knew it was time to let go. I didn't know him anymore, but I did know that what we once had was now done.

I began to separate the family ones, and the ones that just consisted of him and I... the ones that captured our temporary happiness. I shook my head, and wiped away the single tear that dared to well up in my eyes as I continued to separate the two. Once I was done, I let out a deep sigh and reached for the scissors. I picked up the first picture from the pile, and opened the scissors around it, I closed my eyes and as before I could even make the first cut... the door bell went off.

"Ugh!" I threw my head back, and placed the picture down onto the pile.

"Mommy! The door!" Elise yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm coming baby." I picked myself up and took a look at myself in the mirror before going downstairs. I knew how inquisitive she was, and didn't want her to worry about me crying.

I got to the bottom of the stairs and just as I thought Elise stood by it, waiting to see who was behind it. I smirked, and ran my fingers through her hair before I took a look through the peephole. I saw a young man dressed in a uniform, he held a bouquet of roses in his hand as he used the other to ring the door bell another time. "Mommy, open it already!" Elise said out of frustration.

"Who is it?" I said, through the door.

"Paradise Spa delivery services." The man said, "I have a delivery here from an Alonzo Flemington."

"That's daddy!" Elise jumped up saying. I swung the door open, and was greeted by the roses that looked much more beautiful in real view than they did in the peephole. I took them into my arms and pulled out the card that read;

For my one and my only. I'm sorry about this morning, xo Your husband.

"Thank you," I said to the delivery guy. "I appreciate it."

"Oh, that's not it ma'am. Your husband has also set up an evening for you at the spa." My brows furrowed, "along with a limo ride to the facilities."

"Are you sure you got the right house?"

"You are Samantha Flemington, aren't you?"

"I mean... I am... but, this ... is odd."

"I just do as I'm told ma'am."

"And he knows I have the kids today so I don't understand why he would send this."

"Our facilities had an inclusive daycare as we know sometimes finding a sitter can be troublesome. It is run by certified early childhood educators, we promise that your children will be in perfect hands."

"Oh wow," I looked down at Elise who was distracted by the roses then over at him. I wanted to say no so badly, but Lord knows, I needed this. "Alright, just give me a couple minutes to get myself together."

"Take your time Mrs. Flemington." Was the last thing he said before he walked towards the black stretch limo that I hadn't noticed across the street. I couldn't help but smile, as I closed the door; how could I have forgotten how good Alonzo was at apologies.

"Elise. Go put on your shoes!"

Alonzo Flemington

After doing a bit of shopping with London to re-up on the amount of clothing I lost in the fire, I pulled in front of Rochelle's honking my horn for Nya to come out. It took her about fifteen minutes before I saw the front door open, and the attitude written across her face as she made her way towards the car. Nya looked into the passenger's seat and the moment she saw London she rolled her eyes and hopped into the back. "Good evening." She said, slamming the door shut.

"Good evening Nya, how was your day?" I cut my engine on, checked my blind spot then pulled off.

"It was better before... but you know when you see something and it just ruins your whole day?"

"Mhm,"

"That's how I felt when I got into this car."

"Here we go again." London spat, turning to face Nya.

"Just leave it alone," I whispered.

"Nah, I don't know what your problem is with me little girl but just get it through your thick skull that I'm going to be around for a very long time... so you better get used to this sight."

"I serve a God that can make demons go away." Nya said in return, with a smile to follow. I did nothing but shake my head, the both of them would have to eventually sort out their differences because it was true; with London carrying my child, she would be around for a very long time.

"I told you to just leave it alone." I said to London, the moment she looked at me in disbelief.

"Anyways, daddy. I was trying to shop online today and guess what happened?"

"What?"

"My card declined, I tried to check my balance on the app and it wouldn't even allow me in. Rochelle was saying that something must've been wrong with the system."

"Nah, I cancelled it."

"You WHAT?!" she yelled, nearly causing me to swerve as I got onto the highway. "Why would you do that?"

"You really thought you'd just get away with whatever happened last night? Hell no... your childish actions are proof that you aren't mature enough to have a credit card."

"But daddy," she whined, "fashionnova has a sale going on right now, and I wanted to get my new Moncler jacket before it starts getting cold."

"That's great for fashionnova, and I'm sure we can pick up a jacket at the thrift store or something. They all work the exact same."

"Please tell me you're joke."

"Nope, I'm as serious as my condo burning down." I turned up my radio, drowning out the sniffles I knew I was about to hear. I spent a majority of her life spoiling her so I knew exactly how she would get once she realized she couldn't get what she wanted. I hated to see her cry, but it's what needed to be done.

-

I had a lot of work to do back at the trap houses but first and foremost I had to get the most important things taken care of. I made sure I fed the girls before we headed up to go view the houses. I wasn't playing games when I said we were going to be moving, for the remainder of the evening Nya, London and I spent the time touring homes that had the space as well as the security I needed, although most of them were hours away from the city; all I cared about was being able to house my family as well as keeping them in a place where I knew there would be no harm.

"I like this house babe," London said, her heels clicked against the marble floor as our tour of the mansion came to an end. It was what I needed and more, 8 bed rooms, 6 bathrooms as well as a finished basement. it was secluded, the land it laid on was big and open, giving us more than enough backyard space. The patio was built exactly the way I had wanted it; with a grilling station, bar area, and a long table for parties, to the side was a gated pool, as well as a playground and trampoline that I'm sure the kids would love. It was the third house I had viewed so far, and it was by far the only one that had everything a family of my size; needed.

"I like it too..." I said, tugging on my beard. It was pricey but I knew it was going to be worth it. I turned to my Nya as she made her way down the stairs. "How do you feel about it?"

"It feels like I'm on MTV cribs, I love it!" she exclaimed, looking up at the chandeliers in awe.

"I want to make an offer." I said to the owner, as she came inside from the backyard.

"Amazing, well the asking price of the owner is 26 million dollars but I have seen the other bids and I feel like if you make an offer for 25.5 you'll be able to get it."

"Fine let's do i-."

"Not so fast! I want to make an offer as well." I heard someone say from behind me, my brows furrowed and I looked up at my realtor before, "I thought you said this was a closed tour!" I whispered, holding onto the gun that I wore in my waist band, after everything that went down last night, I couldn't trust anyone.

Finally, I turned around and the grimace I had on my face was soon replaced with a smile as I looked up to see the one and only; Ezekiel Evans. His chuckle echoed through the room as we waltzed towards me in his well tailored grey suit, Gucci loafers and gold rings on both his fingers and wrists. "Uncle E!" Nya yelled, running in his direction, he pulled her into a hug; lifting her in the process.

"What the hell are you doing here man?" I asked, dapping him up once he let her down.

"I heard about what happened and had to fly down as soon as possible." He brushed off my shoulder, and smirked. "This is really how you're living? About to buy your first mansion and all without my blessing."

"It's what I gotta do, snakes are in the grass and I gotta make sure I protect mine." I said with a shrug.

"I don't blame you," she did a quick look around then gave me a slight nod. "out of the last three that I just saw you pull up to; I think this is the one..."

"What? You've been following me?"

"Best believe it, which is a fail on your part fam. After everything that went down, you should have security surrounding any building you enter. You see how easy it was for me to get in here?"

"So, you don't believe that fire was an accident either?"

"Nah, I don't... I did my research, read the reports... it was 100% a set up." he adjusted his cufflinks, "not to mention that word on the street is you got some competition."

"So, they say, you know that nothing is competition to me. I run these streets."

"For now," he scoffed and looked over at the owner that stood behind us. "Sorry for interrupting, he'll take this house for 20 million, nothing more and nothing less."

"The highest bid we have right now is 24 million sir."

"I know how this real estate game works, you'd like me to believe that someone bid that much. If that were true it wouldn't have been on the market for that long, all your previous clients told you the same thing; too expensive. Yes, it's a beautiful house but if you really want it off your hand's you'd sell it;" he snapped his fingers, and immediately two big men came through the front door with duffle bags hanging of their shoulders "for 20 million, in cash."

"Bro, you really don't have to do this." I whispered.

"Oh, but I do, you have my God son and God daughters living out there as targets; I'm willing to put up whatever it takes to get them safe." His men dropped the four duffle bags onto the floor in front of the owner, he looked down in shock then back up at Eazy.

"... I don't know about this, guys."

"Fine. Don't take it, go another year without this house sold then. The other houses were willing to go for it." Eazy's men reached for the bags when suddenly I saw then owner shake his head. "Wait, wait, wait!" he said. "I'll make a deal with you."

"And what might that be?"

"I'll agree if you make it 21 million, my wife would kill me if I settle for less than that."

"Zo, you better get those U-Haul's ready because now you're talking business." E said.

"They've been ready!" I dapped him up and smirked. "Welcome back fam. It's great seeing you and all... but if you're here... doesn't that mean that..."

"Don't worry I left her back home with my son and husband, this is just a quick stop to handle business."

"Alright then," I fake wiped the sweat of my brow. "Let's go get these papers signed man."

c#160606=T{

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

178K 7.1K 37
Two and a half years later after the night of their wedding, and the night of the kidnapping. August is stuck struggling trying to raise four kids on...
What Love Will Make you Do. ~🌸MaRsHhAa🌸

Документальная проза

16.4K 759 48
They say blood 💁🏽‍♀️is thicker than water but I remember when water was here to clean up the mess that blood made.💯 Please check out my book vote...
Keep It On The Real diamond

Художественная проза

792K 23.5K 56
SOBxRBE- Keep It On The Real All Rights Reserved 2018 © I do not own the rights to any song added in the multimedia.
Never Expected It(Dave East) Sequel G Ria

Художественная проза

527K 20.6K 47
Dave and Goddess are back with more drama then ever. Will they stay together or be torn apart? SEQUEL TO MORE THAN EXPECTED