Insecure [rochan]

By katzmotelrm

"I'm too old for a babysitter." "I can be more than your babysitter." More

Prologue
Did
You
Change
Or
You're
Acting
A
Bit
Awkward
It's
Obvious
It's
A
Fact
I'm
A
Bit
Strange
You're
So
Dazzling
I
Can't
Look
At
You
So
I'm
Closing
My
Eyes
My

Not?

2.7K 201 97
By katzmotelrm

Chanhee heard the faint noise of talking downstairs. He listened carefully for the front door to open and close, that was his cue to go down.

He quietly made his way down the stairs, seeing his mother in the kitchen. He let out a sigh and walked up to her.

"Mom? Can I ask you something?" Chanhee said a bit uneasy.

"Sure, what is it?" his mother questioned.

"What's wrong with Rowoon's mom?" Chanhee asked with a head tilt.

His mother let out a sigh and looked down with sorrow.

"His mother has a brain tumor, she's been getting worse," his mother said. "She needs surgery or she might die. "

"Why hasn't she gotten it yet?" Chanhee asked.

"Because they don't have the money," his mother said sadly.

Chanhee just looked down with sorrow. He didn't want Rowoon to be upset.

-

"Hey Chani," Rowoon said with a smile as he saw Chanhee come towards him. It was the end of school and it was normal for Chanhee to go with Rowoon, that's just how it was every day.

"Let's go," Chanhee said unamused by Rowoon's presence, but truth was, he liked it.

"I got you something else," Rowoon said causing Chanhee to suddenly show interest.

"What?" Chanhee questioned.

"It's a" Rowoon started with a smile. "Book!"

Chanhee just rolled his eyes and started walking faster away from Rowoon.

"Hey, wait," Rowoon said, catching up fairly quickly. "Please, will you just try to read it."

Chanhee glanced up at Rowoon and let out a sigh.

"Maybe," he answered, not really wanting to say no to the tall boy, he really liked him.

Rowoon smiled and grabbed Chanhee's hand in his own. Chanhee's face flushed and his heart stopped, he couldn't help but feel warmth in his heart but it was soon gone once Chanhee let go.

-

Chanhee let out a sigh as he came upstairs, entered his room and collapsed on his bed. His heart was pounding and his face felt hot. He didn't understand why he always felt this way around Rowoon. It didn't make sense to him. Chanhee slowly got back up and kneeled down on the ground, reaching under his bed to grab a small wooden box. He opened it, revealing all the money he's saved up.

'I want to give this to Rowoon so badly so that maybe then he won't have to worry about his mom and then he can spend more time with me,' Chanhee thought to himself. 'Then he'll know I actually do care.'

Chanhee let out a deep breath and went to the door of his room. He opened it slowly and went towards the stairs, making his way down to see Rowoon laying on the couch with his eyes closed.

"Hyung," Chanhee said rather softly.

Rowoon opened his eyes and locked them with Chanhee's.

"Oh, I thought you were doing homework," Rowoon said as he sat up.

"Here," Chanhee said as he held out the box.

Rowoon looked at Chanhee with confusion and took the box.

"I-it's for your mother," Chanhee said nervously.

Rowoon looked up at Chanhee with furrowed eyebrows. He looked back at the box and opened it, shocked by its content.

"Chanhee I-"

"Don't say anything, I want to help," Chanhee said with a small smile.

"I can't take this money from you," Rowoon told the boy.

"Please take it," Chanhee begged.

Rowoon let out a sigh and stood up. He pulled Chanhee into a tight hug.

"Thank you," Rowoon said.

Chanhee just closed his eyes and embraced it, sometimes he just wanted Rowoon to hold him forever.

"Will you go to the hospital with me?" Rowoon questioned still holding onto Chanhee.

"Yes," Chanhee answered softly. "I'll do anything with you hyung."

-

Chanhee followed behind Rowoon with his hands buried deep in his pockets. They walked down the hospital hallway until they got to the room.

"Rowoon, I was just going to call you," his older brother, Youngbin, as he stood up.

"Why?" Rowoon questioned with worry.

Youngbin saw Chanhee behind Rowoon and sent a small glare towards Rowoon.

"Can we talk in private," Youngbin said as he dragged Rowoon out of the room.

"What?" Rowoon questioned with a bit of annoyance.

"The doctors need to do the operation like now, or she's gonna die," Youngbin said sadly.

"Have them do it, we can afford it now," Rowoon said with a small smile.

"We can? How?" Youngbin asked with wide eyes.

"Chanhee gave me money for it," Rowoon said simply.

"I thought he hated you," Youngbin said with a bit of confusion.

"I don't think so," Rowoon said with a smirk as he looked down at his feet.

"You like him like that, don't you," Youngbin said with a small sigh.

"Yeah, and it's killing me," Rowoon said with a bit of frustration.

"Hey, I'm going to find some water," Chanhee said as he walked up to the two.

"Okay, just don't get lost," Rowoon said to him.

"I won't," Chanhee said as he rolled his eyes and walked down the hall.

Rowoon just watched as Chanhee walked away, Youngbin just shaking his head at him. Rowoon looked at Youngbin with a content look on his face.

"Have fun with that," Youngbin said as he walked back into the room.

"Don't tell me you don't have anyone you're interested in," Rowoon said with an eyebrow raise.

"Maybe, but they like someone else, I know it," Youngbin sadly.

"Tell me, now," Rowoon said, wanting to know every little detail of his brother's personal life.

"Later," Youngbin said to him.

"Uh, Youngbin," the doctor said as he came into the room. "Have you come up with a decision?"

"Yes, please proceed with the surgery," Youngbin said as he looked at his sleeping mother.

"Please save her," Rowoon said to the doctor.

"We'll do everything we can to save her," the doctor said with a reassuring smile.

Rowoon smiled back before looking down at his mother. He just hoped she'd get better.

~

Chanhee walked down the hall, an attempt to find a water fountain or something. He continued walking when he saw a boy with crutches sitting on a bench in the hall. Chanhee didn't think much of him but then he said something.

"Hey," the boy said to Chanhee.

Chanhee stopped in his tracks and looked over quickly.

"What are you in for?" he questioned with a smirk.

"Uh," Chanhee managed to say, feeling shy around this stranger.

"Sorry, I've been here for two hours with nobody to talk to and I'm getting pretty sick of it," the boy said with a sigh. "I'm Kim Youngkyun."

"Kang Chanhee," Chanhee said a bit uneasy.

"So why are you here Chanhee?" Youngkyun questioned.

Chanhee looked down the hall both ways before letting out a sigh and sitting next to Youngkyun. His mission for find water would have to be on hold

"My b-" Chanhee stopped himself quickly, not sure if he was going to call Rowoon his babysitter or boyfriend. "My friend's mother is here, I came to visit with him."

"Oh," Youngkyun said with a small head nod. "Well, I broke my leg so that's why I'm here."

"I'm sorry," Chanhee said as he looked around, he noticed a pen on the ground. He picked the pen up, turned to Youngkyun and smiled. "Can I sign your cast?"

Youngkyun looked at Chanhee and smiled.

"Sure," Youngkyun said as Chanhee leaned over to write his name.

"There," Chanhee said with a smile.

"Cool, I got one signature," Youngkyun said.

"I should probably get back to my friend, he's probably worried about me," Chanhee said as he stood up.

"Okay," Youngkyun said, looking a bit sad that he'd be alone again. "I hope I can see you again."

"Don't worry," Chanhee said as he pointed to his cast. "We'll see eachother again."

Youngkyun looked down to see a phone number next Chanhee's name. He looked back up at Chanhee who just simply smiled before walking back away. He had finally met a friend that would hopefully want to spend time with him.

Youngkyun looked back down and noticed that Chanhee's fives were backward.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167 0 21
"One day, we'll grow up and leave this place. Then you won't need me anymore." "You're wrong. I'll always need you."
2.4K 105 19
"Listen to this crazy old man, girl, everything will be better if you leave things as they are."
13.4K 408 15
Two guys that lived their lives separately finally meet because one of them needs a babysitter for his two young girls and the other one desperately...
268K 7.5K 82
✨ SF9 IMAGINES ✨ 🌙 by @fantasytinkerbell