The Dragon Master Part I: Rew...

By Snapmite1998

Hiccup is banished from Berk for befriending a dragon, a Vikings mortal enemy, rejected for the last time, Hi... More

Chapter 1: Banished
Chapter 2: New path
Chapter 3: Growing in numbers
Chapter 4: A new home
Chapter 5: Raids
Chapter 6: Let the hunt begin
Chapter 7: Lay low
Chapter 8: Reflect
Chapter 9: Monsters
Chapter 10: Preparations
Chapter 11: Mom?
Chapter 12: A deadly alliance
Chapter 13: Hope
Chapter 14: Regret
Chapter 15: Glory to Rome
Chapter 16: Promise
Chapter 17: Three years later
Chapter 18: Treachorous plot
Chapter 19: Returning home
Chapter 20: Blast from the past
Chapter 21: Thoughts
Chapter 22: Forgiveness
Chapter 23: S.P.Q.R
Chapter 24: Plans in motion
Chapter 26: Dragon training
Chapter 27: I love you
Chapter 28: Trouble on Meathead Island
Chapter 29: Making up and eliminate conspirators
Chapter 30: Jealousy
Chapter 31: Trouble on Bog Burglar Island part I
Chapter 32: Trouble on Bog Burglar Island part II
Chapter 33: Marriage
Chapter 34: Scoping out the situation
Chapter 35: Red Death
Chapter 36: Celebrations and captured
Chapter 37: Prisoners
Chapter 38: Thick tension
Chapter 39: Betrayed
Chapter 40: Darker forces

Chapter 25: Family drama

9.8K 129 69
By Snapmite1998

(Normal pov)

After a successful attack on the Roman fleet, Hiccup and his dragon riders safely returned back home with no casualties. A flawless attack run. Hiccup dismounted Toothless and scratched his chin, the Night Fury purred in delight. Heather punched Hiccup in arm and smirked. "That was without a doubt our best run yet." The king smiled and wrapped his arm around his friends shoulder and nodded.

"Well that's because I was accompanied by my best riders." Heather chuckled and wrapped her arm around Hiccups waist as they walked back to the village.

Once rejoining the other Heather saw the man that she'd grown affections for. Fishlegs Ingerman. Though he was still a Viking, she respected the man for his knowledge of dragons and his intelligence over his tribesman. "Why don't you talk to him?" Hiccup asked, Heather removed herself from her friends grasp and looked down nervously.

"I would, it's just that...well, I don't know if he'd like me, considering my past..." Hiccup walked in front of his friend and gripped her shoulders. "Heather. You are a survivor, Fishlegs will take a liking to you immediately." He reassured, Heather looked at Hiccup and then back at Fishlegs, she then walked over to him and the two began talking.

Hiccup then heard a soft chuckle and turned around. "Mala." Hiccup said with smiled and pulled her in for a hug, when they pulled apart, she looked to see Heather speaking to Fishlegs.

"Heather and Ingerman are finally talking it seems." She chuckled softly and crossed her arms across her chest. "She truly is one strong woman." Hiccup hummed in agreement, when he rescued Heather, she took time trusting men, because men overpowered her and almost robbed her of her virginity.

She didn't want to feel hopeless ever again, Hiccup completely understood her. He revealed to her he used to be beaten down, scorned and rejected by his tribesman many years ago and that he still holds no feelings for his people but he doesn't let his dark side define who he is.

"Hiccup."

The young man turned around and curled his lip in annoyance as Stoick and a handful of others that despised him approached. "Why haven't you gotten to the bottom of these raids boy?!! I've grown tired of living here with you and your... vile pets." Mildew spat out, while holding his sheep Fungus.

Hiccup shot the old man a deadly look, then turned toward his father and asked in a annoyed tone. "Is this why you're here? Hmm? To throw your complaints on my lap?" Spitelout stepped up and crossed his arms before answering Hiccup. "Yes boy, that's why we're here. So why haven't you killed the problem?" Mala scoffed and stepped up. "Have you not been listening you imbecile? We need a plan to take down the Red Death, not just go charging in." Spitelout snarled at Mala and drew his sword, but Hiccup drew his out in the blink of an eye and pressed the metal on his uncles neck.

"If you so much as touch a hair on her head Spitelout, I'll have your head on a spit in the blink of an eye." Hiccup snarled out, the elder Jorgenson scoffed and shot back. "Oh? You stand no match for a Jorgenson, you useless piece of shit!" Mala drew out her katana and pointed it right at Spitelout's face. "Hold your tongue serpent! Or I'll hack it out of your foul mouth!" She seethed out.

"ENOUGH!!" Stoick roared at his brother, Spitelout grumbled under his breath and crossed his arms, still mindful of the two swords in his face. "Hiccup, I am ordering you to come with us and end this threat." Stoick demanded, the young man scoffed and pointed the tip of his sword right at Stoick's chest. "I will not! I have a plan. Your previous attempts at the nest were all colossal failures." Stoick looked away, knowing he's lost good friends and warriors to the dragons.

"Why? Because you went in blindly and you're reckless." Stoick looked back up to see Hiccups face was etched with irritation. "Need I remind you that you and you're people came to me, not the other way around." Mildew spoke out again. "A decision that we dearly regret." Hiccup turned toward Mildew and gave him an evil look.

The other Vikings that accompanied him began protesting out.

"Dragon loving shit!!"

"End this threat so we can go home!"

"You're still useless, how'd you end up being part to these people?"

That was the last straw, Hiccup ignited his sword and twirled in his hand stabbed the Viking who insulted him lastly. That Viking screamed in pain as his organs were being burned from the inside. "Hiccup!!" Stoick breathed out in disbelief, Hiccup drew a dagger and pointed it at Stoick's face and snarled.

"You need to put muzzles on your dogs. I tire of their vile words."

Hiccup twisted the sword in the Vikings gut, making him scream in pure agony. "I'm not useless. I never was. You all didn't give me a chance to prove myself and instead you all beat me down time and time again, but no more." Hiccup pulled his sword out of the Vikings gut and the other Berkians rushed to his aid and covering his wound with bandages.

"You came to me, to my home and you have the audacity to disrespect me?!" Hiccup roared, his swords flame extinguished and he placed it back on his belt. "You come here because you want me to clean up your mess! Your mistake! Now just imagine if you had listened to me before running me out of the village... just imagine the life you could have led with dragons living at our sides, you'd all live in peace." The young man said.

"Really, the only place dragons deserve to be are their heads hanging above our fireplace." Snotlout spoke out with hate, and there was a loud agreement with him from the other Vikings. The Night Furies snarled at Snotlout and his words, Hiccups guards drew weapons, knowing trouble was rising at an alarming rate.

"And the only place you deserve to be is... oh let think, no place I know of would want you." Hiccup snapped at him. Snotlout snarled and pushed through the Berkians to get at him, but Toothless fires a warning shot and that sends Snotlout to the ground and backing away.

"Shut up Snotlout!" Astrid growled and stood next to Hiccup, she gave him a reassuring smile and interlaced her fingers with his, Hiccup nods at her. Fishlegs and the twins stand with Hiccup too, since regaining his trust, the four Berkians have increased their knowledge about dragons and have followed and respected Hiccup as a leader. Asbjorn joined them as well and stood with Hiccup.

"You're fucking joining him?!! He's a traitorous dragon loving butt elf!" Snotlout spat out, Hiccup stepped right in Snotlout's face and shot back. "You're one talk asshat! You are a pathetic, privileged fuck who will lie and cheat to get whatever you want." Hiccup pushed Snotlout hard and got in his face again. "You're not a man. You're an overgrown child, who's too chickenshit to make hard choices." Hiccup pushed him again and he fell down hard.

"Don't touch my son again Useless!" Spitelout got in Hiccup face, he scoffed, turned around and then back fisted his former uncle, the man fell down hard next to his son. "Jorgensons. You people make me sick." Hiccup snarled and then spat in Spitelout's face.

"Hiccup! You're my son! Stop this!" Stoick barked, Hiccup turned around gave Stoick a cold glare. "I am not your fucking SON!!!" Everyone winced at his tone. "A father loves, supports, teaches and encourages their son. All you did was push me away, shunned me and rejected me." Stoick looks away in guilt.

He was right. He wasn't a good father, he didn't give Hiccup a proper chance to prove himself worthy of being heir to the throne.

"Hiccup." He turned to see his mother walk up to him and place a hand on his shoulder. Stoick's eyes nearly popped right out of his sockets, his long lost wife was alive?!! Stoick walked closer, but Valka raised her staff and pointed it at the Berkian Chief.

"V-Valka? You're alive?!" Valka nodded and gave Stoick a gaze that would even intimidate him. "How dare you Stoick. How dare you abandon our son to fifteen years of suffering?" Stoick opened his mouth but no words came out. He was speechless, his wife was alive after all this time.

"Was Berk more important than your own blood?!!" Valka shouted, pressing her staff into Stoick's neck. "Your blood lust for dragons has created a rift between our son!" She gestures to Hiccup who had a stone cold expression on his face. "If all you care about is killing dragons, then you're nothing but a sword that'll kill thousands of beautiful and kind creatures, my husband would've given them a chance if I wasn't taken." Valka removed her staff and walked away.

"Valka!" Stoick ran after her, but was blocked by Black Guards, they had their spears pointed at his chest. "Get out of my way you fools!! I need to speak with my wife!!" Hiccup pushed him back toward his people and shook his head. "See Stoick? You should've made peace with the dragons, then they wouldn't raid you. If you don't, you'll lose not only me for good but mother." Hiccup ordered his guards to stand down and they all walked away.

Astrid and her group of Berkians followed Hiccup, and angry shouts of disapproval, confusion and hate were shot at them.

Stoick shut them up however, he couldn't believe the turn of events, Valka was alive and living in Hiccup's dragon society?! How is she still alive?! He had more questions than answers, but soon enough, he'd get his answers and do everything in his power to restore his family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 41 11
Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the III, a failure. He can't even throw an axe, so how does he train dragons? After being misunderstood, Hiccup finally run...
227K 4.5K 34
Banished from Berk for befriending a Night Fury, Hiccup and Toothless leaves Berk and they are never to return. They find civilisation on another vi...
161K 4K 41
Hiccup runs away from Berk with Toothless (after the fight with the Nadder in the ring). Astrid never stopped him and the romantic flight never happe...
297K 7.3K 34
Hiccup, a boy living in the village Berk. Being a weakling yet the son of the chief. Y/n, a girl flying on her Night Fury. Loving to be free. Flying...