Dear Diary (A Hunter Hayes Fa...

By Jcarinoxoxo

When Laurel loses her diary at the airport, the one and only Hunter Hayes finds it. His mission becomes to ge... More

Chapter 1. Take Off
Chapter 2. Airport Sprints
Chapter 3. A New Mission
Chapter 4. I Don't Need Niall's Eyes Staring Into My Soul
Chapter 5. We Have a Problem
Chapter 6. Getting ready for a Dinner Disaster
Chapter 7. Divergent Songs
Chapter 8 Filming
Chapter 9. After the Show
Chapter 10. New Friends
Chapter. 11 Watching Videos
Chapter 12. The First Message
Author's Note
Chapter 13. Winky Faces;)
PLEASE COMMENT:)
Chapter 14. Conversations
Chapter 15. Issues
Chapter 16. Nosy Mothers
Chapter 17. Finally
Chapter 18. News
Chapter 19. Plans
Chapter 20. Essays
Chapter 21. WNI Day 1
Chapter 22. Surprises
Chapter 23. Pre- CHE
Chapter 24. CHE Part 1
Chapter 25. CHE Part 2
Things That Need To Be Said/Contest!
Ch. 26 Discoveries
Chapter 27. Explanations
Chapter 28. The Truth Part 1
Chapter 29. The Truth Part 2
Chapter 30. Meeting The Parents
Chapter 31. The First Date
Chapter 32. Invitations
Chapter 33. Dinner and Filming
Chapter 34. Every Late Night Call
Chapter 36. Surprise!
Chapter 37. Tattoo
Chapter 38. The Boyfriend Tag
Chapter 39. Going Back
Chapter 40. Finding Out
Author's Note:)
Chapter 41. To The Rescue
Chapter 42. Someone's Got a Crush
Chapter 43. Hunter Being a Genius
Chapter 44. Graduation
Chapter 45. Arriving In LA
Chapter 46. Before He Cheats & Tyler
Chapter 47. Quitting?
Chapter 48. Beachin'
Chapter 49. Follow Your Arrow
Chapter 50. Dreams
Chapter 51. Fear
Chapter 52. Performing
Chapter 53. Goodbyes
Chapter 54. Road Trip
Chapter 55. A New Relationship
Chapter 56. 1-10
Chapter 57. Confidence
Chapter 58. The Doctor
Chapter 59: The End
The Epilogue

Chapter 35. Arrivals

571 23 8
By Jcarinoxoxo

Chapter 34.

Laurel's POV

"Ok," I said as I was on the phone with Hunter. "I call you back later. I have to go to class."

"Can't wait to see you tomorrow," He replied. The next day was my birthday and in true Hayes fashion he was flying here at 2 in the morning right after a show.

"Me too. Just don't kill yourself. Sleep on the plane,".

"I will." He agreed.

"Oh yeah and my parents aren't letting you stay in a hotel. You're staying in my basement." I said. Usually parents would hate having their daughter's boyfriend that is 4 years older than her stay at their house, but my parents are so excited that I even have a boyfriend that they want him to stay with us. I know, it's weird.

I walked up the steps to the school and saw Katherine waiting for me in her usual spot. She waved and I waved back. As I neared closer to her she started to say something but I pointed to the phone in my hands and mouthed "Hunter" and she quickly got the message.

"Uhh..." He said. "Ok. Great!"

"I'm picking you up from the airport too" I reminded him.

"No, don't," He protested. "You need to sleep."

"I'll be fine. I'll sleep after."

"No you won't. You'll want to talk to me all night."

"Don't get your hopes up, Hayes. I gotta go. Katherine's basically dragging me to class." Katherine and I walked into the school and turned the corner to go to our lockers.

"See you tonight. Err... Tomorrow. I don't know. But see you soon," He said. "Tell Katherine I said hi."

"Will do. By Hunt."

"Bye Laur,".

I hung up the phone and put it into my bag. When I looked up Katherine said: "You two have the cutest conversations."

"Um... Thank?"

"Come on. They're adorable. And he's staying in your house?" She asked me.

"Yup. My parent's orders."

"That's weird." She stated.

"Tell me about it."

"I wonder what he has planned for your birthday."

"Who knows? He's crazy."

I opened up my locker and grabbed my World History III book. Then, me and Katherine went to her locker so she could grab her Geometry II textbook.

"Maybe he wrote you a song!!" Katherine said excitedly. Sometimes I think gets more excited about my love life than I do. Hunter is amazing and I'm so excited that I get to see him again, but this morning she literally called me at 5:30 to remind me. 5:30.

"I wouldn't count on that." I laughed. Hunter wouldn't write me a song. I'm uninspiring.

We continued walking until we got to the Math wing and then Katherine went to her class.

"Your video yesterday was hilarious!" Someone called at me across the hall.

"Thank you!" I shouted back.

I love that people like my videos. It makes me feel good to know this little hobby is actually getting me somewhere.

"Have you met Bethany Mota?" Someone came up to me and asked.

"No I haven't. I hear she's really nice though!" But sometimes it feels like I'm being used to give them connections to other youtubers.

I walk into my History classroom and sit at my desk. The next 90 minutes were about Ancient Greece (I excel in Ancient anything) and Greek Mythology. I knew it all already. Blame 5th grade, my friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That day in school went by terribly slowly. Every period dragged on. I knew that once I got out of here i was one quick power nap away from seeing Hunter. My Hunter. It's crazy that in a month he's gone from being Hunter Hayes to my Hunter. The world is weird. Incredible, but weird.

Once I got home I went upstairs and threw my bad in my desk. Then I went downstairs to the basement to clean it before Hunter go here. I turned the pullout couch into a bed and quickly made it and threw a blanket over the top. Then picked up all of the random items on the floor and put them into their usual places.

I went back upstairs after that and discovered that my dad had come home.

"What time is Hunter getting in?" He asked me as he went through the mail leaning on the granite countertop.

"Not until 3 am," I answered. Yes, it was late but he had a show that night.

"Go straight up to bed when you get home. You two can catch up in the morning." He said. "And you realize he's not coming up to your room at night, right?"

"Dad..." I said annoyed and I rilled my eyes. "Why are you even letting him stay here if you don't trust him?".

"I trust him. He's a nice guy, but he's also a 22 year old man."

"You and I both know he isn't like that," I said.

"Just saying... He's still a man who's 4 years older than you. 5 until tomorrow."

"You and mom are 6 years apart!" I stated.

"Yeah, but we didn't meet until I was 29 and she was 23. We were both adults. We had our own lives already."

"Hunter has an insane music career an I'm an accomplished youtuber."

"And you're 17,".

"So!"

"Laurel, he's a good guy. I like him. I think you'll be together for a very long time. Now go take a nap before dinner. You're gonna need it."

I did what he said and walked up to my room. When I got there I flopped dramatically on my bed and pulled out my phone to text Hunter:

Taking a quick nap so I don't fall asleep at the wheel tonight. Good luck at the show! Don't fall.

Then, I put my phone down and snuggled into my covers. Just as I was getting comfortable Hunter texted my back and the beep drifted me back into consciousness.

Sweet dreams. And I hope I don't fall. That would be embarrassing. I will see you soon. (And I'm assuming you still want to go to sleep so you don't need to reply to this)

He is seriously the sweetest human being on the planet. He understand me and I don't know why.

After that I quickly went to sleep and had the best dream ever about a candy land with a giant chocolate bunny terrorizing it and I had to defeat it to save the people of the land (gummy bears).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hunter's POV

"Are you going to the airport right after this?" Sam asked me. We got off of the bus and were heading into the arena where we would play tonight.

"Yep. My flight's at 2."

"Woah Hunter. Don't kill yourself."

"I'll be fine." I said an the rest of the guys and I walked into the dressing room.

"Hunter," Betsy, my manager, said, "Your flight for tonight got delayed and is now not taking off until 3am."

"Now I have to text Laurel. I'll take a cab, she's not picking me up." I picked up the phone and quickly texted her:

My flight has been delayed until 3. Don't bother picking me up so late. I'll take a cab.

Within the minute she replied:

I'm picking you up. I'll be there at 4 now.

I texted back:

Fine. But sleep now

I knew I could never convince her. She's stubborn.

Our conversation that followed went a little like this:

Laurel: You're worried about me not sleeping? You're the one who's playing a 3 hour show and then getting on a plane.
Me: I signed up for this. You don't have to.
Laurel: I sleep now. But when we get home I'm forcing you to sleep until at least 9.
Me: Perfect. See you soon.
Laurel: Go out there and knock their socks off
Me: I'll try.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Laurel's POV

After dinner I went upstairs and watched some trash TV because that's what you watch when you need to stay up until 4 am. It just makes sense.

Then I filmed a very, very weird video because staying up late makes me loopy. Basically I talked about my weird dreams.

Then I spent an hour editing it (that's how much I rambled) and uploaded it.

Then I watched some more TV and around 3:30 I got up and put my shoes (slippers) on. My mom was asleep, by my dad was in his chair in the family room because he refused to sleep until we got home. He was currently sleeping though because he falls asleep within minutes of sitting in that chair.

I grabbed my car keys and went out to the car.

I got in the car and plugged in my phone. I put on my work out playlist because I knew that it would keep me awake.

One Direction's "Happily" was currently the song forcing me awake. I made myself sing so I would stay focused.

"I DON'T CARE WHAT PEOPLE SAY WHEN WE'RE TOGETHER!" I sang at the top of my lungs.

Once that song ended Hunter's "A Thing About You" came on and that took me back. It took ne back to our first (and so far only) date when he sang it to me.

"LOOKING THROUGH THE GLASS TGAT I'M SEEING THROUGH. I WOULDN'T CHANGE A THING ABOUT A THING ABOUT YOU!"

The cars that passed by me glittered in my headlights and the black of night consumed almost everything besides what laid in the stream of light emanating from the car.

I pulled up to where Hunter said he would be and sure enough, right after I did he called me.

"We just landed," He said. "I'll be out in like 10 minutes."

He hung up before I could reply.

After another couple of jam sessions he emerged from the doors o the airport and I immediately unbuckled myself and and walked over to him (it was more like a light jog).

He saw me and it was like in those movies where the guy gets hime and they see each other at the airport and start running to each other and they drop their bags and hug in the middle of the street. It was like that except was more awkward and way less cheesy.

He walked up to me and wrapped me in a hug on the sidewalk (not in the middle of the street). I pulled back and said:

"I missed you." But in my mind I was saying, "Try not to cry, try not to cry".

"I missed you too," And he reburies me in his arms. He warmth surrounded me and I never wanted to leave:

Then he gave me a quick peck on the lips and said: "Come on let's go. We both need sleep,".

We walked to the car hand in hand and he was wheeling his suitcase behind him.

He went to the passenger side and I opened the door on the drivers side and yawned. Quite loudly actually.

"Laurel, let me drive. I slept on the plane," Hunter said.

"No, I'm good." I yawned again.

"Laurel," He pleaded.

"Fine, fine, ok. " I sId and I walked around to the other side of the car. I handed him the keys and got into the car.

He started it and my phone's music turned back on. It was One Direction's What Makes You Beautiful.

"Really. One Direction," He said. "No Garth Brooks or One Republic?"

"Don't hate on my workout playlist," I said almost asleep. "You're on it too."

"Well then I'm honored."

Then we started the 15 minute drive back home. I shut my eyes and when he thought I was sleeping I heard him singing What Makes You Beautiful.

Then I actually did fall asleep and drifted into a dreamless rest of pure bliss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I thought this chapter was pretty cute:) Anyways, so on my instagram (@heyhunna) I started this project thing basically so we can get noticed an fund a Hayniac meetup. The account for the project is @hayniacmeetupproject and if you guys could give it a follow and post on all social media sites with #hayniacmeetupproject it would mean so much. Out ultimate goal is to get Ellen to notice us so that a huge Hayniac meetup can happen. Thank you so much!

Did y'all like this chapter?

Hearts and Rockets,

Julia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

382 29 15
Jessica A girl, top runner of her class in high school, finally decided to end things with her pathetic, alcoholic smelling boyfriend, Carl. But the...
24.7K 532 24
[completed] »amanda got a deal with hunter and they started falling at each other , until hunter misunderstood what happened. | sexgodbirlem 2017
85.8K 1.7K 43
What happens when you fall deeply and madly in love with your best friend? What happens when he loves you back? What happens when everyone and everyt...
2.4K 150 34
When Cassidy's grandparents adopt her, her life changes. She's torn away from her best friends, Hunter Hayes and Julie Asbury, her blossoming music c...