Silence is a deadly thing. (N...

By MizukoWaterchild

(HIGHEST RATING: #1 in Naruto) "Sairen are known for being incredibly aggressive and protective when the ti... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Epilogue
Authors note!! (Please read)
Sequel!!!

Chapter 30

6.3K 267 113
By MizukoWaterchild

  "Anyone can deal with victory, but only the mighty can deal with defeat." -Adolf Hitler.

(I By no means but this quote up here because I like Hitler, or because I support him. I hate this man with a burning passion, and if someone has the nerve to say I support him by putting this up here, I will actually lose it. :) just keep that in mind.), Anyways, I hope you enjoy that Chapter!

________________________________________________________________________________

                   "Now that we've weeded out most of the hopeless cases, and with fifteen minutes to go. It's time for the final question."

Finally, I swear to Jashin that I was going to kill someone from boredom, or the sheer annoyance from everyone's crying and screaming. Although, I'm pleased that a fair chunk of the sound Ninja managed to make it this far into the exam....just means I have more to beat the shit out of.

Smiling to myself, I try to calm the sadistic feeling and emotions that were currently running rampant through my body. I swear I'm not normally like this, But I guess the presence of so many unfamiliar ninja have made me like this.

The smile still on my face I listen to what Ibiki has to say.

"Before I give out the final question, there are some more rules that you need to be aware of.-"

The door to the room bursts open, and in walks some kid with cat ears. Turning my head ever so slightly to get a better look, I narrow my eyes as I feel a large of Chakra coming from the proctor beside him. The Chakra was swirling around like a wild storm, and it just didn't seem to want to stay put....although there one thing that proves to me that, this thing. Really isn't a Chunin.

Cat boy had very thin, very delicate Chakra strings that he had attached to the thing. I turn my eyes away and ignore Ibiki talking to the kid.

So we have a puppet master in the exams, huh? Impressive.

To be able to wield Puppets requires high levels of Chakra control, which makes him highly dangerous. Such refined Chakra control isn't very common among those in the Genin rank. Maybe a few exceptions here and there, but really its just general control. Add the fact that he can wield the puppet pretty much perfectly, means that there would be two opponents instead of one if I ever faced him off. He-

"What's the catch!? Say we decide we don't want to do it, what happens then?!"

I lift my head sharply and look at the front of the class. I had just missed what some of the rules are, god dammit Shizukana! FOCUS!

" If you choose not to take the tenth question, regardless of your answers to the other nine, you'll get a zero. In other words, you fail and that of course means that your teammates fail as well."

Looking at Obi and Shizunai, I see them act as if nothing was going on. The fact that they're acting indifferently is a good sign. I don't need them chickening out on me, because there's likely a catch to what he just said. Right now, it just seems too easy.

"If you decide to take the question, but answer it incorrectly, you will not only fail. But you will be banned from taking the Chunin exams, ever again."

A horrible sense of panic fills me, and I try to regain the ability to breath properly. HE CAN'T BE SERIOUS!

A chair screech's back, and Kiba stands to his feet. A scowl planted on his face, showing that he was all but happy.

"That's bull man! That's ridiculous, what kind of bogus rule is that!? There's lots of people who've taken this test before!" Akamaru barks in agreement, backing up his owner as best he could.

The scene was cute, but they were causing a commotion, and I kinda want this part of the exam to just be over with.

"Kiba, please just sit down." My voice was calm and cool, and the moment my voice rang out through the room, all grumbles and yells from Kiba instantly stop.

He turns and looks at me with wide eyes. "But Kana-chan, he-"

I shake my head at him and lean back in my seat, arms crossed and relaxed. "I know, He's acting like a bastard, but if we want to get through this damn thing. We need to see how it plays out, and we can't do that if you AND everyone else is causing a huge commotion."

A few snickers erupt as people take in what I said about Ibiki, although the snickers were mainly from the other Chunin, while the Genin stare at me in shock.

Kiba looks at me with an unreadable expression before sitting back down in his seat.

"Well now that that's solved, we can begin with the final question, but before I do. Is there anyone that wants to leave? If so raise your hands and your number will be recorded, after that you're free to go."

At first it was just plain silence, but that was short lived.(like everything else)

People begin to raise their hands, and apologies began to ring out through the room as they all left. I shake my head at them all, why are they giving up so easy? Even if they had to stay a Genin all their life, they could have become stronger and become successful. These titles are merely that, just titles.

Well, sorta.

"Don't underestimate me! I don't quit and I don't run! You can act tough all you want, but you guys aren't gonna scare me off! No way! I don't care if I get stuck as a Genin for the rest of my life! I'll still be Hokage someday!" Naruto's voice reach's my ears, causing a small smile to grace my lips. I lean forward and rest my elbows on the table, my head resting in my palms.

"That's my Naruto." My whisper was barely audible, but from the corner of my eyes, I see the red head turn and look at me.       Ignoring him, I look towards the front, to see that Ibiki was staring right at me again. Cocking my head to the side in faint amusement, I flash a wide smirk.

I feel my eyes widen in delight as he gives me a smirk and a deadly aura begins to come off him.

It is SO on.

For a mere second, I let my Chakra flare dangerously, and almost every Chunin's head snaps towards me. I give a little wave with one of my hands, and at this, my sound sensitive ears pick up a chuckle from Ibiki. Masking my Chakra again, I wave at Ibiki to carry on. Considering that no one else was volunteering to leave.

"Well then, I admire your determination. For those of you remaining, there's only one thing left to do......and that's for me to tell you that you've all pass the first exam."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"WHAT!?!"

"Hold on! What just happened!? What do you mean we just passed?! Where's the tenth question!?"

I sigh and try to keep my aggravation levels down to something that could be handled. That damn Ibiki...him and his fucking mind games, I guess that it comes with the job of being in T&I, but still! I noticed in the beginning but I momentarily forgot until now, meaning the tenth question mind game really caught me off guard.

Sakura continued to yell, scream and whine, causing me grit my teeth and finally yell back at her. At least I know she isn't good at picking out fucking mind games, or mind puzzles.

" Do you not understand!? This whole god damn exam was a Mind game, there was no tenth question to begin with! So can you please shut up and just listen!? Your yelling is getting annoying!"

My voice was low and hints of a snarl were present. Sakura instantly shuts up and looks towards the front, not even sparing a single glance at me.

I sit down just as Ibiki begins to talk again. "The girl-" He nods towards me, "Is right. There was never a tenth question to begin with, not a written one at least. Actually, your decision to stay was the answer to the tenth question."

"Wait a second! so the other nine questions were just a waste of time!?"

Why is it, that it's always Sakura, or the blond chick who are constantly yelling out questions.....are they not able to grasp what is going on? I absolutely hate calling people idiots, stupid or any other name like that, because the feeling you get when called that is horrible.....but these people truly are slow.

"Oh no, not at all, quite the opposite. The first nine questions had an important overriding purpose. To test your ability to surreptitiously gather strategic intelligence under the most adverse circumstances."

The girl lets out a sign and nods her head as if in agreement. "Oh, well that clears up everything."

Ibiki shakes his head and stuffs his hands into his coat, and faces every one of us with a stern look.

"Let me explain. You see, my objective was to test you not only as a team, but also as individuals, and how well you function as a part of that team. That's why the test was scored on a team basis. So that you'd know that everything you did, or failed to do, would directly effect your teammates. I wanted to see how you'd handle the pressure.

"The first nine questions on the test were difficult, in fact, as you may have realized. Too difficult for any Genin to be expected to solve. I imagine that most of you quickly came to the conclusion, that you'd have to cheat in order to even have a chance at passing this exam. The fact is, the test was designed to encourage cheating, it almost demanded it. Of course it would have done you little good if you didn't have someone to cheat from. So I disguised two Chunin who already knew the answers and had them sit in with you.

" Those who were caught at it, failed. Better not to cheat then to cheat clumsily. Information, it can be the most valuable weapon in battle. How well you gather intelligence can determine whether a missions a failure or success. They'll be times where you'll have to risk your life to get it."

Ibiki take off the bandanna that covers bis head, and I can't help but let out a small gasp. Decorating his head were burn marks, puncture wounds, cuts that are now just simple scars, and prominent veins that ran all along his head. He went through hell and back, yet he is still strong enough to be a Shinobi. Whatever happened to him certainly didn't break his will to fight and protect, and for that....he has most certainly earned my respect.

Sighing, he begins to tie the bandanna back while continuing to talk.

" Of course you must consider the source of your information. Intelligence gathered from the enemy is not necessarily accurate. Always bear this in mind, Wrong information could be worse than no information at all. It can lead to the death of comrades or the death of the village. That's why I put you in the position where you had to gather information, cheat in order to survive. That's why those that weren't good enough at it, were weeded out, leaving the rest of you."

I let his words sink in.

We all take being a ninja too lightly, even I have, and even though he's telling us all of this. We will all remain ignorant fools until we are put into a situation where reality hits us like a painful Jutsu. There is no way that anyone can truly prepare any of us for the dangers, heartbreaks and stress of being a ninja, and as the years go by. It's only going to go worse the more we all climb in the ranks. Titles are mere titles, yes. But that only applies to those who are incredibly strong but stuck in a low rank. In reality, if you're a Jounin and Above, then you are extremely strong. Or at least that what usually happens if you get that title. Meaning that missions are almost always dangerous. Our team only had a taste of what those dangers are like, but even then, we still are not fully prepared.....

Still- I look around the room, a sad look now taking over my features. All these familiar faces could disappear and appear in a coffin....They could be dead in seconds, and I won't be able to stop them..because I won't be there. I sigh and continue to ponder on the matter, but two stupid statements make me snap my head up and glare at Sakura and the blonde haired girl. Do they still not understand the concept of the freaking exam?!

Ibiki goes to speak, but i beat him to it. My voice anything but happy.

"Are you this insanely dense!?-"

I shake my head and give a hand sign, before quickly reappearing beside Ibibi. I point at him, and ignore the dark look he was sending me.

"He put us in a situation where we couldn't win. It was a lose-lose situation, where we couldn't win no matter what decision we picked. It's the type of stuff Chunin and higher rank ninja have to go through every day. There's going to be missions that will seem almost suicidal, but you must complete the mission regardless of whether or not you think it's safe. You must only think of the goal, you mustn't crack under the pressure, you have to pull through no matter what. Unfortunately you can't always pick the safest route, so you must make tough decisions. This also applies to those who would rather just save themselves. Everyone that was eliminated would have put their team in grave danger if they were on a real mission, which isn't acceptable. Those who would rather save their own necks and leave their comrades, or those that can't act responsible when your teammates are still there. Don't deserve to be Chunin. Yes, the mission if everything, but if you have the chance to save as many comrades as you can, TAKE THAT CHANCE!

"He weeded out the cowards and the weak-willed ninja. The ones who would've put the other members on the squad in great danger if on a mission. lessons are learned through experience, and to make you all learn, make US learn. He put us in a very difficult situation that would teach us without actually putting our lives in danger."

There was silence, before slow claps begin. Shocked, I smooth out my scowl and turn to where i hear the clapping. The clapping was coming from the lady who had talked to me at the beginning.

Slowly, the other Chunin begin to clap until the whole room echoed with the sounds. I feel a hand on my shoulder, and the unexpected contact makes me jump just the bit.

"Good job, kid." I look up towards Ibiki, and give him a small nod, my face still set in that stern expression.

Soon even some of the Genin were clapping, but not all of them were happy or amused with what I said.

Some Genin push's himself up to his feet, and slams his hands onto the table, creating a loud Bang. The room instantly goes silent, and the kid snarls at me, and points a finger at me.

"What give you the right to talk to us like that! Huh?! You talk as if you've been through the same stuff that the Chunin's have, but you probably haven't! So what give's you the right to tell any of us that we aren't fit to be Chunin!? Who gave you permission to talk and give us advice when your just a lowly Genin with no hope of passing this damn test!"

My pupils narrow into slits and a growl vibrated through my throat. Four more growls soon follow, as well as the scrapping of many chair on the floor. Soon, My clan, My team, and many of my friends were standing by my side. They all flanked my sides, even some of the Chunin came to stand beside me.

"What gives YOU the right to say what I have or have't been through? Let me ask you this, have you been through a life threatening situation? Whether that be as an individual or as a team?"

My voice was low and menacing, my fangs growing slightly long as they threaten to pierce my lips.

The kid looked shell-shocked and absolutely defenseless, and he looks back and forth for some support, but everyone is just shaking their heads in disappointment. "well no-"

"Exactly!" I take a step forward, and clench my fist. "I'll have you know, that iv'e been in HUNDREDS of situations where life was threatened, and my team? WE'VE BEEN IN SEVERAL! WHERE DO YOU THINK SCAR'S COME FROM, HUH?!, WHY DO YOU THINK ME AND MY TEAM PASSED THIS TEST WITH FLYING COLOURS!?-" I lower my voice and look at him through hooded eyes.

"Iv'e seen and done things that would make a normal person quiver in their shoes. I know what it's like to be a ninja, you brat. Iv'e seen death, loss, and ultimate sacrifice. Why don't you stop being an ignorant fool and open your damn eyes. I wouldn't say any of that unless I know what I'm talking about."

I make sure to not let any information of my past slip, but I make it perfectly clear that I'm not to be messed with, and if they think they can judge me then they are severely wrong. The hand was back on my shoulder, and Ibiki was giving me a stern look, but a certain look in his eyes told me that he was curious and somewhat happy about my small outburst.

I've been having lots of those lately, haven't I?

Shaking my head, I move up back a step so that i'm in line with the rest of my friends who came a supported me.

The idiots in this room would be a fool to pick on anyone from this group. We're dangerous and severely protective, come after one? And you have to face us all. Even Naruto had his eyes narrowed and jaw clenched, heck, Kiba was growling so loud that you'd be afraid to touch him. Sasuke had his Sharingan activated, Shikamaru was glowering, Rin, Takeshi, Mamoru were all snarling, and for some reason....Hinata was standing there with her Byakugan activated.

I shake my head, and go to talk to them all (Including the Chunin), but the smashing of glass interrupts me.

What the hell is it now?!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the boring chapter! It was mainly just a filler that lead up to the main parts. I'm 100% sure that after the next two or three chapter, you guys are NOT going to be happy with what happens. No, not happy at all..

-Mizuko

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 6.2K 41
"Don't make this any harder than it has to be, Sakura." I swallowed hard, my body shaking. I can't believe this is actually happening. Who knew that...
505K 14.4K 107
(Complete) Sasuke comes back to Konoha after a journey seeking atonement and redemption. Finally becoming the man his brother wished he will be, he d...
263K 10K 109
"The Namikaze clan huh?", Itachi took a step closer, his eyes calm, but fixated. I took a step further back as I kept reminding myself that this is n...
4K 89 19
As an Uchiha your whole existence has practically been a curse, you're parents died shortly after you're birth, leaving you in the hands of the Third...