His [COMPLETED]

By Dreamerse

Cali's life turned upside down when her new next door neighbour Kyle Knight came crashing in to her life. He... More

His
(1) Sex God in a leather jacket.
(2) My Knight In Shining Armour.
(3) Thrown about like a gossip magazine.
(4) I'm not an asshole.
(5) Don't lie to me.
(6) Smile for me.
(7) Look, it's me.
(8) You're turning me into a monster.
(9) You have a lot to learn about me.
(10) It could run a little smoother.
(11) It's the painkillers speaking.
(12) That's why I like you.
(13) Don't get used to it.
(15) Clichè Movie.
(16) I don't regret it.
(17) Spit it out, Knight.
(18) You make me crazy.
(19) Am I yours?
(20) Goodnight kiss.
(21) You're mine.
(22) My love.
(23) Tell me again.
(24) Crazy for you.
(25) Only for you.
(26) Love a little longer.
(27) I'll come running.
(28) Right here.
(29) I am home.
(30) We're a team.
(31) To protect you.
(32) A picture of weakness.
(33) To make it.
(34) Finally.
(35) Back to that are we love?
(36) there's my girl.
(37) Don't look so shocked.
(38) clean version of fun.
(39) He will.
(40) You'll never be without me.
(41) I do.
(42) Not yet.
(43) Goodnight.
Book suggestions:
(44) Losing Self control
(45) You were mine
(46) You're just in my shirt
(47) Carrying you
(48) Crazy mad
(49) Happiness
(50) It's Ours
(51) Turn it off, babe
(52) The Test
(53) Negative
(54) In Bed
(55) Benefit of the doubt.
(56) Deal
(57) Maybe Fifteen
(58) Walk Straight
(59) Motto
(60) cold
(61) Join
(62) What to do
(63) Inside of us
(64) On My Way
(65) Fighting
(66) Neon Sign
(67) Turn the Lights On
(68) Breaking Waters
(69) Daddy's Touch
Epilogue
MUST READ.
SPIN OFF
Preview (PLEASE READ)

(14) The sun is setting.

969K 28.8K 9.3K
By Dreamerse

Jailbird out now on my profile !!

Chapter 14- The sun is setting.

       "I understand you," I said while I smiled reassuringly. He smiled while he took a look into my eyes. Those perfect blue orbs, they always captivated me, they shouldn't do, and I kick myself for letting them.

"Come on then," he kissed my cheek quickly before opening the door.

His home was exactly like mine. I peaked over to my house, suddenly feeling nervous. I just hoped she wasn't there, even though Kyle had told me my mother was in a cell at the moment I still felt anxious.

My eyes suddenly spotted a silver car on my drive, I realised it was my father's.

My father and I had gotten along well, I loved him and I knew he loved me, just like a father should. Yet he was hardly ever home, his work constantly needed him and took him away. I did miss him, I always had done, he was the only sane figure I had in my family.

My heart picked up, I wanted to see my dad. I needed him.

Without another thought I ran over to my house, without saying a word to Kyle.

"Cali?" He shouted. I heard him pounding up behind me but I didn't bother stopping. I wanted my dad.

I opened the door, and even when I cringed at the sight of my own house, I knew I would do anything to see my dad.

I found my father sitting on the sofa with his head in his hands. His dark brown hair on display.

"Dad?" I got his attention. His face snapped up to mine, his eyes showed relief, but still they were dull with emptiness and panic.

"Oh my God," he breathed as he got up and pulled me into a hug. I began to sob into his shirt. I couldn't help it.

"I'm sorry dad," I sniffed.

"Don't be so silly, I'm sorry for not being here, I should have been here," he whispered, his voice a croaky mess. I could feel his facial hair on the top of my head, but I welcomed it.

"I miss you," I let out as the tears began to flow. I heard my father sniff too.

"I miss you, I'm so so sorry," he apologized, I couldn't bare it. He suddenly let go of me, he held me out to see if I was hurt, I was, but not anymore.

"I'm okay," I said as I smiled reassuringly. He nodded and let out a deep breath.

"Christ, I was so worried," he let out.

"It's okay, dad, Tammy protected me," I said honestly. "And Kyle saved me,"

"Kyle?" He said as if the name was foreign on his tongue. I nodded.

"Kyle, rememeber Kyle?" I asked. His eyes twinkled with recognition.

"Oh of course I remember that punk," he replied playfully. I laughed. I turned around to find him, but he was gone, he had given my father and I some privacy. "Do I have to get my gun out on him?" He winked.

"No," I laughed. "Not yet," I joked.

"I heard that," I heard a muffled voice project. He was outside.

"Come in here, Kyle," I rolled my eyes as soon as his sheepish body made it's way to the threshold. He came in and shook my father's hand.

"I'm Kyle," suddenly, my dad took him into his arms.

"Thank you for saving my little girl," he thanked as he hugged him.

"I'd do anything for her," I could hear the smile in his voice. My heart fluttered, but was he just saying that because he was in the arms of my father?

"I knew Cali and Linda had never gotten along, I just thought it was because they were both strong willed, I never knew she was insane, she could have killed my daughter," he explained as he tried to fight his tears again. He let go of Kyle and Kyle took a step back.

"But she didn't," Kyle replied.

"All because of you, I can't thank you enough," Kyle smiled reassuringly. "How can I ever repay you?"

"You've already repaid me," Kyle said as he took a look over at me. He didn't say anything else. My heart started beating and my body tingled under his gaze.

Suddenly, my father's phone started ringing.

"I'm so sorry, I have to answer this, you both go and do something productive if you want, don't stay here because of me," he said as he took his phone out of his pocket. Kyle nodded and I mouthed a thankyou to him. He smiled before beginning to talk.

"What do you want to do?" I asked as I looked to him. His eyes twinkled with excitement, he was planning something.

"I know," was his only reply as he took hold of my hand and took me over to his garage.

As soon as he opened the squeaky metal, my eyes landed on his motorbike and his 3 other cars.

"How have you got so many cars?" I asked with wonder.

"Well, those two are my father's and that one is my mother's, I paid for that motorbike, best thing I ever did," he smiled. And of course he had his own car behind us. He was an only child so he didn't need to share.

He suddenly led me over to the shiny black pick up truck.

"Hop in," he said as he opened the door. I got in and soon he followed.

"Everything we need is here," he smiled.

We reversed back into the traffic, he was lucky I liked travelling, otherwise I would have moaned about being in the car again.

It was a beautiful day, sunny but not too hot. Perfect weather, I just hope Kyle took me to a place where I could make the most of it.

Seeing my father today had instantly put a smile on my face, it's not as if Kyle hadn't.

It was weird how in such a small amount of time I had gotten to like him. I did hate him, I thought I did, but maybe all of my assumptions were wrong. Maybe I was just too blinded, maybe it was because of Dustin.

I had thought Kyle was a player who cheated on his girlfriends, but he had been adamant not to judge him so quickly, because that's what I had done since I met him.

It wasn't fair, I didn't have the right to judge him. Of course, he aggravated me, he could be dick, but I could truly see who he really was, even when he puts up a mask to stop it.

Of course, I know he has secrets, we all do. I could see he's haunted by them, something in his past must have shaken him up something awful, but that was ok, I could live with that.

Kyle has been there for me, I hadn't known him long, yet I knew he was reliable, and that's what I've craved for so long, a reliable friend, someone I can turn to.

Matt was just that, but he didn't know about my family, I was too ashamed to tell him.

"Penny for your thoughts?" He asked, I jumped as I was brought back down to Earth. I shook my head.

"No penny, I wasn't thinking about anything," I lied. He smiled, he obviously knew I was lying.

"I don't like lying, but I'll let you off just this once," he stated. I rolled my eyes.

The drive was just a few minutes longer before we were suddenly driving up a mountain full of grass. I was curious to where we were going, but I didn't dare say a word, I knew Kyle wouldn't tell me.

The car reversed into a spot, yet we were only facing the entrance of a forest.

Kyle got out before I could ask him where we were or where we were going, so I got out too. I was just about to open my mouth, but the sight before me stopped everything.

We were reversed so the back of the pick up truck was facing the view. It was the sunset, but it wasn't just an ordinary sunset, there was an ocean beneath, creating red, orange and blue colours to reflect from the sky. Everything looked pure, and clean and amazing. I could have died here.

"Wow," I breathed. "Kyle..." I trailed off, swallowing suddenly. Kyle took a look at me.

"Beautiful isn't it?" I nodded my head, still aware his eyes were on me.

"Such a gorgeous view," I breathed.

"It sure is,"

"How did you find this place?" I asked while I turned to look at him.

"I like adventures," he shrugged as if it was no big deal, but to me it was. I loved views like this, it was as if it was a new escape, a place to go, a place to think. It looked like an un-ordinary world, but to me it was the closest to reality.

I suddenly realised the tailgate was full of blankets, which made me jump in excitement.

"What's this?" I pointed towards it. Kyle smiled.

"Just a place where we can relax," he shrugged again. It was his way of saying it didn't mean a thing, It wasn't much hassle.

"Why?" I asked stupidly. Kyle laughed.

"You always have a question to ask, can't you just take it in your stride without having to over think everything?" He asked humourlessly, I looked towards him flatly.

"Shut up," I let out. He chuckled in reply. He sat down on top of the blankets, comfortable already. I went and did that too, settling down and looking to the sky.

"I'm sorry," Kyle suddenly said. I turned to look at him, he had a look of pure guilt edged onto his face, my heart was beating, I could smell his aftershave and it clouded my mind, but I was still confused.

"Sorry?" I asked. "For what?"

"When we met, I was a proper pathetic excuse for a boy," my features softened at his angered words.

"Don't say that," I whispered.

"I was," he breathed. "I was a dick to you, and I realise that after all the times you've told me so," I took hold of his hand out of instinct, it had surely become a thing.

"Don't you dare say that, I get it, I do,"

"How?"

"Because you're haunted by something, it's your mask, I get it," I shrugged. He looked to me.

"I don't know how you figure it out, but it sure suprises me," he replied. "I'm not sure I like it," he said dryly.

"I'm sorry for that," I answered sheepishly. He smiled anyway and I was glad. "Stop feeling sorry for yourself," I slapped his chest lightly, and I was glad for the mood lightening.

"Go away," he said childishly but his eyes lit up with humour. I poked my tongue out at him as I laid down onto my back.

The sky had become darker, but not too dark. The wind had become abit more stronger, but not enough to become cold. It was still as perfect as ever.

"The sun is setting," I stated as I watched it move, slowly falling away.

"Never, Cali. Between us the sun is never going down,"

--------------------------------

You guys are the most amazing people in the world. You really really are, I would honestly hug and kiss you all if I could. If you need me I'll be here for each and everyone of you, you keep me happy. I promise I'll make this book great for you! I love you guys I seriously seriously do for everything!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I like it, I do:) please vote and comment, you guys are amazing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.2K 4.1K 33
Paige Knight has had a crush on her neighbour since she could remember, stealing peaks at him through the window hoping that one day he would notice...
2.3M 54.7K 55
This was one of the first stories I wrote, read at your own risk :') "Oh don't act so innocent. I know you did this" I snap at him. "Yea so? You got...
889 12 18
Dion Huxley, wealthy businessman and CEO of 2 successful companies had gotten the greatest revelation of his life, and it had been right under his no...
181K 6.2K 41
Summary It must sound very cliché but this is my story, the story of a nerd ( aka me, Emma) and how my life turned upside down In A mere couple of m...