The Dragon Master Part I: Rew...

By Snapmite1998

Hiccup is banished from Berk for befriending a dragon, a Vikings mortal enemy, rejected for the last time, Hi... More

Chapter 1: Banished
Chapter 2: New path
Chapter 3: Growing in numbers
Chapter 4: A new home
Chapter 5: Raids
Chapter 6: Let the hunt begin
Chapter 7: Lay low
Chapter 8: Reflect
Chapter 9: Monsters
Chapter 10: Preparations
Chapter 11: Mom?
Chapter 12: A deadly alliance
Chapter 13: Hope
Chapter 14: Regret
Chapter 15: Glory to Rome
Chapter 16: Promise
Chapter 17: Three years later
Chapter 18: Treachorous plot
Chapter 19: Returning home
Chapter 20: Blast from the past
Chapter 21: Thoughts
Chapter 23: S.P.Q.R
Chapter 24: Plans in motion
Chapter 25: Family drama
Chapter 26: Dragon training
Chapter 27: I love you
Chapter 28: Trouble on Meathead Island
Chapter 29: Making up and eliminate conspirators
Chapter 30: Jealousy
Chapter 31: Trouble on Bog Burglar Island part I
Chapter 32: Trouble on Bog Burglar Island part II
Chapter 33: Marriage
Chapter 34: Scoping out the situation
Chapter 35: Red Death
Chapter 36: Celebrations and captured
Chapter 37: Prisoners
Chapter 38: Thick tension
Chapter 39: Betrayed
Chapter 40: Darker forces

Chapter 22: Forgiveness

12.7K 152 104
By Snapmite1998

(Normal pov)

As the sun rose on the horizon, Berkian ships sliced through the icy waters to temporarily live among Hiccups dragon society. There were many who refused leaving Berk, leaving behind their home, but it was either retreat or annihilation.

Hiccup stood at the docks as he spotted the Berkian fleet nearing port, Mala who noticed his fathers hardened face grabbed his hand. "Hiccup. Are you truly ready for this?" Hiccup sighed and turned toward her. "As ready as I'll ever be." He said with a firm tone.

Mala looked toward the fleet of ships, her lips curled up. "Your father hates dragons with every fiber of his being." Hiccup nodded, he knew Stoick's hate for dragons shot through the roof after the supposed "death" of his mother. Mala turned toward Hiccup. "Though you were specific on the rules, they will cause us great hardship, and you know it." Hiccup shut his eyes, she spoke truth. But if the Berkians touch one scale on the dragon with a sword or any other tool of destruction, Hiccup would be out for blood.

Finally as the Berkian ships docked, Stoick exited first and stared down his former son and Mala. "Hiccup." The Hooligan chief acknowledged, Hiccup simply grunted and noticed his father like figure Gobber along with Astrid, Fishlegs, Ruff and Tuff and his former bullies exit and stand beside their chief. Hiccup had a hard and firm face, he knew it was going to be a very long day.

"Come."

Hiccup and Mala walked side by side as they led the Hooligans to their side of the island. Astrid jogged up to Hiccup and nudged him, he turned to see his old childhood crush, he couldn't  deny that she was stunning, her curves were temptingly luring; that and her drop dead beauty, truly a Valkyrie in the flesh. If he were still fifteen, he'd literally be drooling at her feet, and doing everything he could to impress her.

He'd love to take her on a flight.

Though he'd still be open to the possibility of them being friends again, as they were a lifetime ago as children.

"This quite an impressive village you've created Hiccup." Astrid's words pulled the Hiccup out of his thoughts to look at the beautiful Hofferson. "Thanks." He said, Astrid gave him a smile that made his heart beat a little faster.

Once Hiccup and Mala led the Berkians to their side of the island, they were surprised to see huts, barns, stables and sheds all built for them to use right away, Hiccup turned around and got right in Stoick's face. "Don't get too comfortable here father." He spat the word father like it was a joke. "You and your people are simply guests, no more no less. You're here because I allow it, and if you or anyone of you break one of my rules..." Hiccup shrugged and pointed out toward the horizon. "...I'll ship you all to Helheim's Gate."

Stoick's face twisted in anger at being disrespected, but like it or not, he was right. This was for the greater of Berks people.

Mala spotted a Terrible Terror fly at them with a letter attached to its leg, the queen extended her arm for the dragon as it landed gracefully on her arm.

"Hiccup. Terror mail."

"Alright, I'll get the riders ready, we'll leave as soon as we can." Mala nodded and cupped her hands around her mouth and gave her dragon call, within minutes, Shadow nuzzled into her riders embrace and the queen climbed on her dragon and shot up in the sky.

"What's going on?" Stoick asked, Hiccup merely said. "None of your immediate concern." Hiccup showed his former people their new homes and left, but not before sharing a warm smile with Astrid.

(Hours later)

Hours later, Hiccup and his clan were eating in their Hall, the doors opened they noticed a certain Stormcutter dragon enter, Hiccup knew who it was. "Hey Mom!" Valka dismounted Cloudjumper and pulled her son in a warm embrace. When mother and son pulled apart Hiccup extended his arm out. "Join us, we're just now digging in." Valka smiled and removed her heavy coat and placed it in a satchel on Cloudjumpers saddle.

"So mom, does this visit mean you'll live here now?" Valka smiled and took another bite out of the smoked salmon, after she finished swallowing she nodded. "Yes son, I'll live here with you." She said as she rustled Hiccup's auburn locks and he laughed and gently swatted her hand. "Mom!" Valka chuckled lightly and Hiccup smiled.

The doors opened again and Astrid, Fishlegs and the twins walked along side her, and Hiccup became suspicious. The guards eyed their every move, the Night Furies growled at them and the citizens gave them scowls. "Hiccup." Astrid bowed her head, as did the others.

"What is it?" Hiccup asked in firm tone, Astrid walked up to him until they were arms length of each other. "We've come to thank for letting us stay here." Fishlegs and the twins step. "Yeah, thanks H! And also we came to apologize." Hiccup raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms across his chest and asked. "Apologize?"

Tuffnut nodded and Ruffnut stepped up. "We were complete assholes when we beat you up along Snotlout and his other lackeys." Hiccup inhales sharply, remembering the pain they inflicted on him, he felt a hand on his shoulder, he turned to see Mala smile warmly at him, Hiccup smiled back at her and then turned back toward the Berkians.

"We realize how badly we treated you, and I know you'd probably want nothing more then to command your army of Night Furies and warriors to kill us, but Ruff and I would feel bad if we didn't apologize to in person." Tuffnut said genuinely. Hiccup looked down for about thirty seconds before looking back at the four Berkians and replied. "I forgive you."

The twins looked like Hiccup had grown two heads. Did they hear him right? "Yes. I said I forgive you two mutton heads." Hiccup smirked at the two Thorston twins who breathed a sigh of relief and butted heads. Hiccup turned toward Fishlegs and Astrid. "Though you two had reasons for ignoring me." Hiccup stepped toward Fishlegs, and his stare along made the man squirm uncomfortably.

"Fishlegs. You were so concerned about yourself and scared that Snotlout and his shits would hurt you too." Fishlegs looked down in shame, he liked Hiccup, he respected his intellect and his inventions, but he was right; he was too scared to stand up toward the former Hooligan prince.

Hiccup then turned toward Astrid. "And you." He walked right in her face. "You were my best friend. When we were kids, we made a promise to each other. Do you remember?" Astrid looked away and then she gasped, realization hitting her hard. "That we'd look out for each other no matter what, and that we'd be friends until the end of our days." She whispered out.

Hiccup nodded and said. "You left me to fend off the wolves alone Astrid." Astrid's lips began trembling, tears swimming in her eyes and she rubbed her arm nervously. "You broke your promise Astrid. You cast me aside to partake in a pointless war. And you... you broke my heart!" Hiccup's own voice choked out, tears freely streaming down his eyes. "I-I loved you Astrid. I loved you with every fiber of my being..."

Astrids vision was clouded with tears and her lip trembling uncontrollably. "...but then you ratted me and Toothless out to my father. And I... I've never felt so betrayed in my life, you tore my heart out of my chest." Hiccup choked out, Astrid too let her tears flow freely and she covered her mouth and shook her head. Everyone in the room was dead quite as Hiccup was pouring out his heart to the woman loved.

(Hiccup's pov)

"You're right." I looked at Astrid as tears poured out of her eyes, her voice breaking apart. "I was too afraid to stand up for you because I was worried on how they would start...t-treating me...and as a result this is where you've turned up...and it probably was the best you left Berk...because it allowed you to find yourself...unlike the rest of us...who are still suffering because of the raids...still caught in the loophole, while you...you escaped a long time ago..." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I never heard Astrid talk like this, and with tears coming down her face at an alarming rate...she couldn't be faking this whole thing... she truly was sorry.

"I could have done something to help you all those years ago...and prevented so much death..." she said and that was the hitting point. She fell down on both knees and began crying, not like in the house, but this crying...she blamed herself for everything that had happened. She feels that she could have done something and as a result she is paying for not going through that thought. She realizes her mistake and has admitted it... it's time for me to forgive her.

"I could have done something to help you all those years ago...and prevented so much death..." She said and that was the hitting point. She fell down on both knees and began crying, but this crying...she blamed herself for everything that had happened. She feels that she could have done something and as a result she is paying for not going through that thought. She realizes her mistake and has admitted it...I guess it is time for me to forgive her.

I walked to her. She didn't look up as she had her face buried in her hands...but she needed someone...someone who understands her. I knelt down on one knee and wrapped my arms around her. She immediately cramped into my chest area and cried more. This Astrid was definitely not the one I knew three years ago...this Astrid was the one I was waiting for.

I had one arm wrapped around her and I put one hand on the back of her head and held her tightly to my chest and I could feel her tears staining my shirt and I felt her quick breathing. "I'm sorry Hiccup... I'm sorry." She said while clasping my black tunic with both her hands, and I just held her tighter, bringing her in closer. I did that because the way she was acting...it was how I was on the inside all those years ago...sad that I couldn't be what the village wanted me to be...sad that I would never be what my father wanted me to be.

Just like when I didn't kill Toothless, I saw myself...weak, helpless and scared I was...she was the exact same way now. She realized the mistake she made...and now wanted to be forgiven...something I never got the chance when Berk didn't accept me...but by choosing the action they did, I would be just like them.

"I forgive you." I said as I kissed her forehead and rubbed her back. She was starting to calm down, I could tell as she started taking deeper breaths and her crying had stopped. I cupped her chin and looked her in the eyes, they were red and tired from all the crying, but she managed a small smile.

"Thank you... thank you Hiccup." She said as she hugged me and I hugged her back. I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned to see Mala, she knelt down next us and gave Astrid a cloth to clean up, she gladly accepted and cleaned her face from the tear stains and saliva that slipped out of her mouth.

After cleaning herself off, I pulled her up and looked at the others. "Are you guys hungry? We're having smoked salmon and potato slices." The group of Berkians nodded. "I guess we could eat. If you're fine with that...?" Fishlegs began, I smiled and nodded. "Yes. I'm fine with that Fishlegs, please join us." I extended my arm out for them, they smiled and made their way up to the table.

The four Berkians ate well and were shocked to learn my mom was alive and well all this time.

But none the less, I've forgiven them for hurting and abandoning me.

Now?

I have to see if Stoick and the rest of his people are looking for a second chance or if they're truly against dragons.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.8K 3.2K 21
It's been a month since Dragons and Vikings were brought together, now the only thing left to do is train them. Its close to winter in Berk, putting...
1.3K 41 11
Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the III, a failure. He can't even throw an axe, so how does he train dragons? After being misunderstood, Hiccup finally run...
4.2K 83 16
It's been three years since Stoick's passing and Drago's defeat. Life for the Berkians has been nothing but good thanks to the Dragon Riders and Chie...
24.5K 1.1K 17
OneArtsyGamer03 here, lovelies... Republishing of "How to Fight for Your Dragon" :) ... Ah, Berk. The seasons are mostly cold, the people are a bit...