Frost on the Green (The Green...

By CatMint5

After getting shot during a burglary some months ago, Alissa Clover Green is on her way to full recovery. She... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Last A/N to Frost on the Green - What's to come?

Chapter 19

5K 167 56
By CatMint5

A/N: I’m dedicating this chapter to madys__ for being such an awesome fan and voting on all my stories. Thank you so much for your support my biggest Brazilian fan

*****

Skyler’s POV

This hospital was nothing like what I was used to.

Whenever Beth or I got sick or had to get our shots, we’d make an appointment. Our driver would then take us to see our general practitioner. We’d have no problem parking as it was a private hospital. Once we entered the creamy-colored hallways, we’d be greeted by a pretty, smiling nurse in a pristine white uniform who went out of her way to satisfy our needs; you know the type – every boy’s naughty nurse fantasy embodied. She’d take us to a spacious waiting room with comfortable designer sofas and couches. There would be a table – a modern combination of glass and wood, with a stack of the newest magazines; fashion, sports, politics… You name it, it will be there. She’d ask us if there was anything we’d like to drink while we waited (yes, that was a part of her job) and then she’d bring it to us for free. Once we finally got to see our doctor – cheerful but professional, we’d be brought into his large, well-lit office and he’d use the latest technology to diagnose us. And he’d always give us lollypops or candy on our way out, even though my sister and I were no longer teenagers.

This hospital in Aberville on the other hand…

Chaos.

Busy nurses in ugly pink uniforms flew past me, shouting at each other and at the patients; sullen doctors barely looked at a chart or the person in front of them before grumping to them to come into their offices; as for the offices themselves… I had not seen the inside of them but judging by the once white now grey walls and the yellowish plastic chairs in the cramped space they labeled a waiting room, I’d say I never want to step foot into one of those offices; no modern technology here that was for sure! No lollypops or candy, not even magazines and I was ready to bet my head that if there was Wi-Fi, the connection would be lousy and it would be password secured.

Not like in the hospital back at home.

I missed the quiet waiting room with its comfortable sofas; I missed the lollypops; I missed the free drinks and Wi-Fi; I missed the hot nurse!

I looked at the nearest woman who held that position here; if I ever had dreams about her, they’d be nightmares.

What was taking them so long anyway?

Keegan’s nose wasn’t broken, was it?

He took a strong punch from a guy who was build like an armored brick house (who’d put armor on a brick house?), but I was still pretty sure it wasn’t broken.

I shook my head.

It was my fault we were here. If it wasn’t for me, my roommate wouldn’t have gotten struck in the first place.

It was Thursday – Keegan’s day off even though it was his first week of work. We’d gotten home after classes, ate and were done with our homework in no time; that had been a first for us so we’d decided to go out and enjoy the lovely afternoon weather. Unfortunately, while we were walking the streets, we’d ran into a… let’s call the guy an acquaintance, shall we?

A burly, gorilla-sized acquaintance who at our last meeting saw me making out with his girl, commented in details how he’d rip my head off then use it as a football and chased me around Aberville with his two equally athletic and armored brick house-built friends.

“Please don’t let him recognize me, please don’t let him recognize me,” I’d kept chanting next to a confused Keegan.

“You!” Was what burly guy had shouted, pointing at me before springing in our direction. “You little weasel! You ran away last time and I bet you thought you were in the clear, didn’t you?” His face had gotten close enough to mine for me to notice one of his teeth was missing. “Well, you ain’t, weasel; I haven’t forgotten your stupid face and I haven’t forgiven you for what you’ve done.”

“Back off!”

A blink of the eye later, armored brick house dude had roughly been pushed away from me and Keegan had stepped between us, shielding me with his body.

“Who are you? His boyfriend?” The dude had sneered.

“If I was gay, would I make out with your girl?” I’d asked in turn.

“You had to remind him of that, Skyler?” My best friend had turned his head sideways so I could see his reprimanding look.

“Okay, maybe not one of my best ideas,” I’d muttered, making the new guy jape again:

“You think? You know what else was not one of your best ideas, fool?” He’d gotten closer and attempted to maneuver around Keegan, but my roommate didn’t let him; no matter how the other boy moved, my bestie still stood between us.

I’d made a mental note to thank him with another homemade meal but without any soda caps this time.

“Making out with my girl; that was not your best idea,” the guy spat out before lurching at me again. This time he’d taken Kee by surprised, passed by him, hands at the level of my throat, when at the last moment he was pulled back with my friend grabbing him from behind.

And that had been it – the burly dude had swiftly twirled, punching my roommate in the face.

“Shit!” Keegan had moved away, his hands over his nose, a streak of blood sipping through his fingers. “Damn it, this hurts! Motherf…”

A string of fused cusses had followed, interrupted by a distant, yet loud “Hey, you three there!” We’d turned around to see a man in a distinct police uniform run our way.

“What’s going on here?” He’d asked, his suspicious gaze darting between an injured Keegan, a panicked me and the burly guy whose hands were still fisted. Our appearances must’ve tipped his off because he eventually sat his harsh gaze on Miley’s boyfriend.

Or ex-boyfriend; whichever it was at the time.

“Well?” The officer had urged, crossing his arms over his chest. “Anybody gonna tell me what happened here?”

“My friend fell,” I’d blurted out. I was not sure why I’d covered for the brute; maybe I felt guilty for making out with his girl and wanted to settle things between us. Or maybe I’d felt that involving the police would make things too… Official?

“My friend fell,” I’d repeated more confidently but the officer still rolled his eye.

“On his nose?” He’d inquired unbelievingly.

“Yes, my friend here just fell and my other friend decided to see if he was okay.”

“Are you sure you’re going with that?” I’d nodded so the cop turned to Keegan: “And you? Are you going with that? Because if one of them, or both of them attacked you, you should press charges.”

Kee’s gaze held mine and I silently begged him to agree with me.

“I’m not pressing charges,” he growled through his teeth. “I fell.”

The officer shook his head in disappointment.

“I’ll be keeping an eye on you, boy,” he’d warned the burly dude before jogging back to a nearby patrol car. We watched as he got in and drove passed us, his eyes narrowing in a glare as they met those of Miley’s boyfriend.

“You could’ve snitched on me,” the then calmer and somewhat abashed brute had murmured.

“Look,” I’d started. “The way I see it, this whole thing is a misunderstanding…”

“Does this look like a misunderstanding to you, Sky?” Kee had cut me off. He’d been angry. I wasn’t sure if that emotion had been aimed at the dude who’d smacked him or at me because I’d stuck up for that guy. Whichever had been the case, I’d rather have dealt with it later; now I had to talk to the other boy.

“I didn’t even know Miley had a boyfriend, okay?”

To our surprise the boyfriend had smirked.

“Her name is not Miley,” he’d announced then.

“What? She lied to me about that too?”

The guy had sighed and leaned on the nearby brick wall.

“She’s a really good actress; she picks a different name each time,” he’d replied.

“You mean she’s done this before?” Kee bewildered.

“Yeah,” the dude had nodded. “She pulls something like this off each time she thinks I pay too much attention to my training – I’m a jock – and too little to her. She never does anything with those boys, just flirts. Except when she’s really mad at me; then she thinks of an excuse to lure me to the place of her ‘date’ and when she sees me coming, she kisses the guy.”

“So that’s how you knew where we were,” I concluded aloud. “And that’s why she insisted that we sit by the window - so she could see you approach before you enter.”

“Pretty much.”

“But why are you with such a girl?” Kee had seemed even more confused than I was.

“Well…” The guy ruffled his hair. He looked even more sheepish than before. “She’s my first and only. You know how it is – you just can’t get over your first.”

My roommate had stared at him dumbly while I’d furrowed my eyebrows.

“You two don’t remember your first all that well, do you?” The jock had asked flatly.

“No,” we’d both replied but I’d added:

“But I’m sure she was hot; I’ve got good taste.”

Armored brick house dude had shook his head and sighed again.

“Sorry about your nose, man,” he’d apologized to my friend and then waited for the other boy to reply.

“I’m not saying ‘that’s okay; you’re forgiven’ no matter how long you stare at me,” Kee had finally answered. “The thing hurts like Hell.”

“Can I at least drive you to a hospital or something?” The then nice brute had offered and here we were now with me sitting on a smeary plastic chair, waiting at the Aberville hospital for my roommate and savior to get out of the doctor’s office.

I looked at the time on my phone.

God, they’ve been in there forever…

Just as I thought that, the door nearest to me opened with a screech loud enough to hear over the shouting nurses and crying babies and toddlers in the waiting room. I jumped on my feet as Kee got out, followed by a tired doctor.

“How is he?” I asked the man in the white coat.

“Your friend will be fine,” he explained wearily. “His nose isn’t broken but he’s in pain so I gave him some pills. They might make him sleepy so don’t let him drive.”

“We don’t have a car…” I started to explain but the man had already turned his back to me, shouting ‘Next!’

“Where’s that son of a…” Kee began.

“Miley or whatever her name was called him so he went to pick her up,” I explained briefly, dialing a number. “Hello? Yeah, we need a cab…”

*****

Might make him sleepy?

Might?

I’d had to ask the cab driver to help me bring Keegan to our apartment; the boy had fallen asleep not five minutes after getting in the car. I’d manage to pull him into a semi-awake state but he was still to woozy to walk on his own and had to be carried to the second floor.

“Come on, Kee, try to stay awake a bit longer,” I groaned as I dragged his groggy ass into the bedroom and almost dropped him twice. “Okay, now try to climb into your bed… I guess that would have to do,” I added as my friend fell on his sheets.

He was still wearing his shoes.

He couldn’t sleep like that.
I took them off for him.

Then the socks.

Then his t-shirt.

Then…

I gulped.

I had to take off his pants.

Awkward.

Okay, Skyler, you can do it! I prepped in my head. Just unbutton his jeans then slip them off. It’s not like you haven’t seen him in his boxers before; you two share a bedroom after all. And you are both guys.

“Which is why this is so awkward,” I muttered aloud as my hands touched his belt then froze.

What the Hell was wrong with me?

This guy was my best friend, he’d just gotten punched trying to protect me and I couldn’t even bring myself to take of his jeans because he was too drugged to do so himself?

A moment later the belt was on the floor and my fingers were working on the jeans buttons.

“That wasn’t so hard,” I concluded once the denim fabric lay beside the belt.

I tucked him in and patted his head.

Something was missing…

I grinned and took a large reddish brown bear from its place in the corner and put it next to the boy. He encircled it with his arm and immediately snored off.

“That’s better,” I giggled. “Dream only of cute girls, my friend.”

Kee smiled in his sleep and my own lips curled up at the sight of him. I undressed and turned off the lights before climbing into my own bed, a smile still on my face.

Keegan looked absolutely adorable holding on to Mr. Snuggles!

Now to catch some z’s myself…

“Nah, it must be done.”

I jumped off my bed, switched the lights back on and grabbed my phone then aimed the camera at my peacefully sleeping roommate and his teddy bear.

“This is so going to facebook!”

IMPORTANT A/N: More of a question really. This is the second Skyler/Keegan chapter in a row. Do you enjoy those?

If you do, would you like to see more of them?

Or would you rather I concentrated only on Alice and Cade?

How much of the rest of the gang do you want to see?

Thank you in advance, everyone! Your comments on the matter will help me decide what to put in Frost on the Green, especially when it comes to the filler chapters.

PS (done with the important stuff): Do you think Kee will rip off Sky’s head when he finds out about the photo? ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Rekindling By wee_me

Teen Fiction

72.4K 3.6K 19
+++THIS IS A SEQUEL - To be able to follow the storyline, please read „Unravelling" and „Dissolving" first!+++ Lily and her brothers are stuggling to...
56.6K 2.5K 34
This story is the sequel to 'Her Saving Grace'. In order to understand fully and not be confused, please read 'Her Saving Grace' first. ****** Kayla...
77.7K 1.6K 32
Two seniors that only have one thing in common, going to the same school. They hate each other because of their friend groups and past. As the two se...
3.8K 362 66
(completed) #eroticromance #teenromance ⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ This story contains sexuality, violence, strong language and other mature themes. ...