Barrier | Percy Jackson (DISC...

By Janalecksa

It hurts you know, betrayal. The pain slowly eating your heart, the words stabbing you, the negative thoughts... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1 | Great, another war to fight
Chapter 2 | I Think I Broke My Nose
Chapter 3 | Confused? Run.
Chapter 4 | In The End
Chapter 5 | Just Lost Hold
Chapter 6 | Walking Away from Everything
Chapter 7 | Hardest Part of Ending is Starting Again
Chapter 8 | Is this just a test?
Chapter 9 | The First Borns' Point of View
Chapter 10 | The Badly Ended Meeting
Chapter 11 | I Meet The Big Fat Felixian
Chapter 12 | The Sound of My Thoughts...Oh! And Battlecries too.
Chapter 13 | What To Do...
Chapter 14 | Ghosts and Ghosts to be
Chapter 15 | More Ghosts and Plans Unknown.
Chapter 16 | How I Got My Abilities Back
Chapter 17 | We Don't Know What To Do
Chapter 18 | Who's Doing Any Better? Definately Not Percy.
Chapter 19 | Forgiving? We'll See About That
Chapter 20 | Bianca's Wise Advice.
Chapter 21 | Yep, I didn't see the stars.
Chapter 22 | Choices...damn you Ananke.
Chapter 23 | Dam Chaos!
Chapter 24 | Styx Happened.
Chapter 25 | Percy's Perseverance And Their Exclaims
Chapter 26 | Trust Is Glass
Author's Note
Chapter 27 | Ten years Is Not Equal To New Life
Chapter 28 | Indecisive Mentality
Chapter 30 | Impulsive Loyalty
Chapter 31 | Show me the truth
Chapter 32 | Temporary Courage
Chapter 33 | Here They Come
Chapter 34 | The Situation
Chapter 35 | Could It Get Any Worse? Oh No, Wait! Don't Jinx It!
Chapter 36 | The Start Of A Quest
Chapter 37 | The Great Unknown

Chapter 29 | Welcome Home

6.5K 162 61
By Janalecksa

The loud honking of the car behind Annabeth's car brought her back to reality. She looked at her side mirror and waved  sorry to the one behind because probably minutes had passed and there was enough room in front of her for ten more cars. Red in embarrasment, She sped off immediately.

Unfortunately she went too fast that she almost hit the car in front of her when she turned to the stoplight. She stopped suddenly and that caused her to move forward a little bit due to inertia. She lowered herself down to hide from the angry glares of the others outside seen by the slightly tinted windows.

When the spotlight turned green she can't wait to get out of the main road. Good thing that's what she got once she made a quick turn to the left.

She sighed to herself after that.

Unsurprisingly, she had been out of focus for the past three days since Reyna and her father went to visit her. When Annabeth finally lost her cool to her father, she has thought so deeply about going back. She spent countless of hours staring at her work, wondering what was her plan.

She didn't come to work for a while too. Sophie kept emailing her that many people were looking for her but she blocked her. She was a mess. She was so confused. Children of Athena hated to be confused. She hated it. Mal-

She closed her eyes at the thought. She wanted to take the pain away even for just a few moments.

Just today she remembered what Piper had said on their mission 11 years ago when they met Ares' sons, Fear and Panic. Piper had been the one to get them out of them. It had been feelings and gut instincts against logical explanations. That was the lesson she learned that day.

Annabeth knew she felt she had to go. Against her better judgement. She knew she had to come back.

If she her mental state was a thread it would be like this; when Percy left, she was tangled thread hindering the maker to move on with the work, she was so tangled that it already formed a knot. The other end was camp. And the other end that had to continue was at the other side. So what did she do? She cuts it. She cuts it to build a new one. Only she didn't, she just ended the ties and didn't start a new one. Taht made it wrong.

But she knew that now. She knew what she had to do.

With the memory with Piper and this realization, Annabeth took up the courage to stand up, took her keys and hit the road.

Now, she was on his way to Half-Blood Hill and it was a big understatement to say that she was nervous. She was shaking. It had been years since she left. She felt that same paranoia she always feel when she thinks how their encounter would happen. Will they shout? Say hurtful words? Despise her? She had no idea.

She moved forward to the streering wheel and screamed to the wind sheild. She felt panic build up inside her. She wanted to turn back. But the thought that she could have a shot, she didn't want it to go to waste. She held the steering wheel harder and took in a breath of encouragement.

Soon enough, she saw the familiar road of the Farm Road. Her eyes widened at the sight of the road she used to roam everytime summer was over. She promised to herself that she would give Grover a pat on the back to see that he was doing a good job. But the thought saddened her. She left her best friend, who needed her help by that time too. How could she do that?

When she saw she was getting farther enough, she placed the car just a little sideways to the right. She went out and locked it; keeping the keys to her side pocket. She walked a little before she felt the familiar strong presence. She looked up and saw that he was at the bottom of the hill. A wave of nostalgia shivered through her body. She remembered how she had cursed Hera on this hill, the day Hera had started hating her. She smiled sadly, Percy had been there. Now, he isn't.

She sighed, But he was coming back right?

She started walking upward slowly. Her hands were visibly shaking, her stomach turned cold, and her insides felt like they got tossed around. She held a deep breath and walked faster. Before reaching the top, she saw the Athena Parthenos in all it's glory. A burst of power emitted from it, as if welcoming her. She saw Thalia's Pine Tree with the Golden Fleece on that same branch. She walked towards her mother's statue and then she felt a rumble on the ground only to see a dragon on it's feet, staring at her, sniffing.

"Peleus."Annabeth breathed. "Oh, gods. Look how you've grown."she whispered.

The dragon snorted in response before getting down and sleeping again. The fleece glowed brighter and she could swear that the statue winked at her.

Annabeth laughed, rather hysterically. She felt relieved. She felt so free, finally.

With a smile she walked forward and passed the barrier. She had her eyes closed for a few minutes to regain her breathing and to prepare herself. She slowly opened her eyes when she felt she was ready. Immediately she saw the strawberry fields to the left, the luscious red fruits being picked by campers there. A few looked at her direction and stared but she didn't mind. The climbing wall was found to the right, she smiled bitterly. The Big House, the cabins, the cave of the oracle, the canoe lake. So many.  Her eyes watered and she let out a sob. She smiled genuinely through her tears as she scanned the place she lived on for years. Bittersweet memories grazed her mind making a lone tear slip from her grey eyes.

She was at Camp Half-Blood.

She was home.

***

After a few minutes scanning the area she started walking her way down. She tied her hair up a ponytail as she walked too.

She looked to the fields and saw teenagers, probably ten to sixteen years old in range. They were picking out straberries and placed them on weaved baskets, no wonder done by her half-siblings. One of the kids was willing the vines to put the strawberries by themselves to the basket until someone called him unfair. Boxes with a logo named Delphi Strawberry Business. These were obviously boxes to be delivered on stores down-town. And these kids should be the new Demeter kids and possibly some of Dionysus, although his time gere on camp shouldn't be up by now.

She looked ahead to go to the first place she wantdd to see again when a voice calling out to her startled her, "Annabeth?!"

She froze on her tracks and looked back only to see Pollux, the remaining son of Dionysus when his twin Castor died. He was holding one of the weaved baskets half filled with strawberries. His eyes were wide in shock. The basket shook because his hands shook. He was probably at the same age as him, or even younger. Annabeth smiled at the thought that he made it into adulthood even after all they've been through.

"Pollux."Annabeth greeted.

He stared at her for a few more seconds before clearing his throat, "Y-you're back!"

"Yeah, hence why I'm standing in front of you."

"But...but Reyna said..."

Annabeth shrugged, "Well, I changed my mind."she said casually. As if she hadn't been shaking in nervousness and fright just a little while ago.

"This is great!" Pollux exclaimed. "Come on! I'll show you to Chiron and the others. The older campers are having a meeting with him now."he said moving towards her. when he reached her side, a girl maybe at the age of five called up to him.

"Pollux, pollux!"she called.

He turned, "Drianna, what's up?"

She smiled showing her missing front tooth. "Miranda and Katie are looking for you. Said something about raining grapes?"

Pollux stared at her a bit in confusion before a face of realization dawned on his face. "Fine, I'll be there." He shot me an apologetic look, "Sorry Annabeth. I can't go with you now."

"Oh, it's fine. I'm already going there anyway."Annabeth said. "Hard being the only Dionysus kid?"

Pollux nodded. "You have no idea. I gotta go, duty calls."

Annabeth smiled, "Duty calls."

When he left she walked a little more to the Volleyball Court. Just a little ways outside the Big House. A lot has changed at camp. There were new cabins. She saw the amphitheater still not used because it's morning. She closes her eyes again to block out painful memories of him. She stood there with the wretched boy, Damien. She stood there and hurt Percy. She bit her lip to stop from screaming. The helpless feeling was overwhelming her again. She held in a breath and forced herself to calm down. Luckily everyone else was to busy to notice her.

Annabeth wiped a few tears the made it's way to her cheek. This was what she didn't want to feel when she went back here. These feeling and memories she couldn't control. But when she looked over to the young half-bloods, she can't stand not helping them on the upcoming war. As much as she wanted to escape going through a new war, she thought back on the times she was desperate for help. She couldn't let these kids go through that too.

Suddenly, she heard laughter and yelling from the Big House making her look over to their direction. When she looked over, she immediately saw Chiron. Not on his wheelchair and standing on his hooves. Beside him was Leo and Piper. They moved away from the doorway and Clarisse went out, along with Jason and the Stolls. Many other familiar faces emerged from the Big House after that.

They were older, more mature looking. They had watery eyes but they were smiling slightly. Although they also looked worried. Piper was wearing a ring. Calypso was wearing one too. Annabeth thought about the times she lost on. The times she could be happy for her friends and celebrate with them. Instead, she drowned herself with work.

Annabeth's eyes unknowingly heated up at the sight of her colleagues from camp. She covered her mouth to surpress the sob but it was too late. The others looked over to her direction and they all had similar faces.

Shock and Disbelief were etched on their faces. "Is that..."Travis started.

"...Chase?"Connor ended.

This turned all of them to turn. Chiron smiled knowingly at ber making Annabeth placwe another hand on her mouth to stop the sobs.

"No shit."Clarisse said.

A few minutes of silence before Piper shouted. "Annabeth?!"Piper exclaimed.

Piper dashed forward to see her clearly. Annabeth removed her hands and wiped her face. She gave a watery smile to her.

"So, when's the wedding?"she asked almost too casually.

Piper stared at her, "There's still no date."she answered, confused.

The two women stared at each other before Piper rushed forward and hugged her friend she hasn't seen for years. "You're here! You're really here."

Annabeth now sobbed harder as she embraced her friend. She buried her face to her shoulder. "I'm sorry. Sorry for taking too long."

They released from each other and smiled.
"It's to be late, just come back to us."she said.

Annabeth nodded.

The others made they way to them too. They borbaded her with questions. They hugged her too and more tears were shed. But Annabeth couldn't deny she was happy.

Genuinely happy for years.

"Miss Chase."Chiron called.

Annabeth turned to the father figure she had as a child. "Chiron."

Chiron smiled his warm smile, "Welcome home."

A/N: OH GODS, HI! THANK YOU FOR THE 100K READS. THAT IS SO WONDERFUL. GET READY FOR PERCY IN THE NEXT CHAPTER. BYE FOR NOW!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

664K 8.3K 24
Percy Jackson has been betrayed. After his new half brother frames him for everything at camp, he was shunned by the other campers, even Chiron. His...
1.2M 23.5K 35
A/N: I do not own anything except for the things I made, all belongs to Rick Riordan. I know, I know. It's not the most original story. But...You kn...
26.6K 299 26
In "Betrayed," Percy Jackson finds himself betrayed by those he once trusted. Seeking an escape from the pain, he implores the gods for a release, on...
833K 15.1K 41
Percy's life is great, until one of his best friends betrays him.He decides to leave camp with his true friends and meets Chaos. What happens when th...