WolfChild: Illusions of Silve...

By Wolflover12

**Book three, please start with the first book** One year later..... The leader of the Darks: dead. Werewol... More

WolfChild: Illusions of Silver [book 3]
Chapter 2: Another Guardian
Chapter 4: Awaken
Chapter 5: Isn't Adding Up....
Chapter 6: "Oh, well just call me Rain."
Chapter 7: Vampire Blood?
Chapter 8: The Wolf
Chapter 9: They Finally Meet
Chapter 10: Confusion
Chapter Eleven: Found?
Chapter 12: Falling into place
Chapter 13: "I'm alive"

Chapter 3: Something's up

107 5 0
By Wolflover12

Here's another chapter, sorry or the super late update, but I decided to take a break from studying for the final exams and wrote a quick chapter, this is in Derek's point of view, hope you like. You'll get to learn a little more about him and a few other things.

Enjoy,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Derek's POV

No Alpha mode....

No Alpha mode...

No Alpha mode.....

Dammit, I got to stop thinking. I have to relax, I still don't have any control of it and I'm not going to any time soon. I've already freaked out enough today.  

So far today I Alpha shifted twice which is good. Now my muscles hurt like heck and I can just barely walk. The old man told me that I'm halfway through it, but I feel like it just began. The worst part about it is shifting into my wolf, honestly it feels awful but not as painful when I was forced into shifting by the leader of the Darks. Now that, I felt like I was going to die. I could hear my bones breaking and I couldn't control it. My inner wolf was whimpering in pain. I have never heard that before.

Also what happen today, this morning Jake came running back to the pack house where the old man was teaching me some Alpha stuff, he had Nicole in his arms and she was knocked out again. The old man had him lay her on the couch as he went to get someone, and the pack doctor was out so he called Sally...You know Nicole's mom, my adopted mother. She came in a hurry, it scared me when I saw her in wolf mode while I was looking out the living room window, she came running from the woods. I have never seen her in wolf mode at all, and I know I've lived with her for over a year.

But honestly adults don't see the need to shift as much as the younger kids. We have a lot more energy then adult werewolves and usually an adult werewolf over forty can go two years without shifting. But if your an Alpha werewolf that's different, they have to shift a lot more often, so an Alpha werewolf can go two months without shifting if they're over forty. But over that time and their inner wolf will get restless and start begging to be let go for a few hours.

Back to Nicole and Jake, after about an hour Nicole woke up and Jake after a few minutes started asking her questions, It's hard trying to calm down a soon to be Alpha who is trying to protect his pack. Ok so it just so happens that Nicole has been running out to the waterfall for the past three weeks. How did I not notice that? Thing was she couldn't sleep in her room because she could smell Drake's sent, and never could fall asleep. I've been in her room a few times and I can't smell not a hint of Drake's sent, and his room is down the hall from hers, so it's kinda hard to explain that reason.

Second thing was that she was encounter by an unknown werewolf who was passing on territory, a rogue. Nicole said that his name was Mark Speed....Where have I heard that name before? Honestly it sounds awfully familiar. Then again it could be a fake name, most rogues do that. Thought this wasn't any normal rogue werewolf, Nicole says that he's one of Silverest's Guardians. Ok did not expect that. I was thinking that the other two guardians would be high leveled werewolves. Like maybe a son of an Alpha, or an werewolf from an old pack, like the Hickory Pack that Peter's from or the Blackcloud pack.

The Blackcloud pack, they are not big but they are an old pack that my old pack use to touch territories with. Never cared about them honestly, they were a just newly developed pack and they called themselves the Blackcloud pack. I don't remember anything but that, when I turned five, my father started teaching me about being the Alpha of the pack. First was learning a little bit about the surrounding packs, their Alpha's and a bit of their history but we never finished before we were invaded by Darks. That was the last time I ever saw my pack. I was shoved into a bag, after they killed my mate, and brought to the Dark's one of many hideouts.

Just even thinking about my mate Lily hurts me, but not ask much anymore since we were so young when it happened. I can just barely remember her small hazel eyes, and dark blonde hair. I tired saving her, but I was small and the Darks were huge. They kept me down while they shoved a knife into her. I felt my heart break then. Years afterwards I didn't even know why they killed her, then I figured it out. They wanted me to be cold and heartless, a werewolf killer who shouldn't have to be so focused on finding their mate.

I always seem to be hoping that she is somehow alive but then I think of the night when they forced me to watch them put the silver knife into her, her coughing up blood before falling over not moving no more, the knife sticking out of her. How can anyone do that to a five year old girl? Darks of course can, they are so heartless and cruel when it came to werewolves. But that just them, creatures created by the Moon to destroy the people who got the wondrous gift from the Sun.

That's why werewolves fear the Moon, but mostly on a full moon do we fear him. He somehow found a way so that we shift into our wolves uncontrollably and got crazy making so much noise. It said that he's his strongest on a full moon and can control us for that night because the Moon and Sun are connected in a small way, so he is able to control us for a small time, but we learned how to be stronger and learn how to control ourselves so that we don't shift on a full moon. Nicole is still having problems with shifting on a full moon, she still shift but she doesn't talk and just sits around in till morning, then she'll shift back. That was how far she was before Drake past away, now she stopped there. I'm thinking it was because Drake had been mainly the only one helping her with the shifting, now that he's gone she doesn't want to learn anymore.

Once Jake was done questioning her she lift quickly and headed into the woods, the old man ordered a search team to be put out to find this Mark Speed kid, Jake led one of the two groups. I was going to go but I ended up falling to the floor going through another shifting.

"Stop! NO!" My eyes opened as I sat up alert. Nicole was screaming again....But she hasn't screamed in her sleep for a long while now, why is it starting again?

Oh, of course she meet that Mark Speed person, that maybe could be why. I quickly got out for my bed and went over to Nicole's room before she woke up Sally and Brent. They have been working all day and I don't think they want to be getting up at three in the morning. I opened her door and looked in she was tossing and turning on her bed, yelling and whimpering. I closed the door behind me and went up to her.

"No, Drake!" She yelled and I stop in my tracks. She started whimpering and turned onto her side her back facing me, I leaned over and gently laid my hand on her shoulder. Her skin felt hot under my touch, hotter then it's suppose to be.

"Nicole, Nicole." I whispered shaking her a bit. It didn't work, she was still sleeping. The old man better not have her on those sleeping pills again, they won't work just like the last time. I climbed into her bed and shook her again. "Nicole, shh, it's just a dream." I whispered, after a minute she slowly turned around looking up at me.

"Derek?" She mumbled and I nodded smiling lightly.

"Your screaming again, everything ok?" I asked and she blinked before she started crying.

"I-I saw Drake." She cried and I rubbed her arm trying to keep her calm. "H-he was laying on a table and this man cut his chest open and took out his heart. I was screaming but the man seem to not hear me. He cut out Drake's heart, and then took something else out that was covered in blood." She said and my eyes widened and I looked down at her. Something isn't right about that dream...why would she dream of that?

"What did that man look like?" I asked softly and she kept crying then moved closer to me burying her head into my chest. I didn't mind, I was still thinking about what she just said. Was it a dream? Or was it a vision?

"Young, with white hair." Nicole managed to say and I looked at her. She wiped her eyes before taking a few deep breaths and closing her eyes. I wrapped my arms around her rubbing her back trying to get her to go to sleep. I need to see that dream for myself, something doesn't seem right about it. Why would a fourteen year old girl have a dream as graphic as that?

A man cutting open Drake's chest then taking out his heart, and another thing-the bullet? The bullet from when he got shot. No it couldn't be. It haves to be her head playing tricks on her again. Maybe trying to get Nicole to think that Drake is gone and never coming back, but Nicole has a weird history when it came to her dreams. It was always the same one, sometimes it would be a bit different.

She haves visions but those are of things that other people have seen, that couldn't of possibly be a vision she need to be near someone and touch them to get visions from them. Important things about them.

The other thing about that is that she said a young man white hair. Now what young man haves white hair?

Ok when she falls asleep, I'm going to see that dream. Maybe I can figure out if it was a dream or a vision.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment.Vote.Fan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.4K 718 47
not you're average mafia brothers and sister story.. This is the story of Natasha Clark, an assassin, mafia boss, and most of all the long lost siste...
148K 7.2K 49
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
11.1K 469 30
„You are the reason why I'm here today." _-_-_-_-_ After the truth about the relationship between Max Verstappen and Kelly Piquet came out, his world...
606K 18K 37
[BoyxBoy] Kai Carter has been through hell and back. His parents are abusive, homophobic and don't support him financially so he has to work part ti...