Decisions Made(A prince of pe...

Da ritammaya

The story picks up where the movie ends. Dastan believes that if she can fall in love with him in the time sw... Altro

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
THE END

Chapter 11

819 32 6
Da ritammaya

The day finally came as she reached the palace. In meeting the royal caravan, she was dressed once more in her royal robes, head dress, veil and jewelry. She moved in to be presented to the king along a long line of royalty. The room was already filled with music, food and dignitaries who had already come in. when she was announced, Tamina walked in towards King Sharaman. She noted the difference in the reception she received from the room and especially from the King. Her beauty is a known around the kingdoms but it was a rare occasion if anyone saw princess Tamina with their own eyes. Another difference was in the face of King Sharaman's face. The official demeanor changed to one of kindness and love as he extended his hands to her. Tamina did her best not to look around for Dastan but her eyes could only find Princes Tus and Garsiv.

The king took her hands to his, "I have prayed that you would be able come daughter. I hope you are well and in good health. Word came that you were not seen for a month?"

"All is well with me, your highness. I was in meditation those weeks and rumors have their way of going around. I thank the Gods for your good health King Sharaman and your blessing in the joy of your son Prince Garsiv in his marriage," Tamina smiled as the words left her. She exchanged pleasantries with the two princes and struggled to find words to ask of Dastan. Tus noticing this spoke, "Our brother Prince Dastan is on his royal duties and is to arrive late into the night to be present for the ceremony."

Tamina's heart sank at the words but she fashioned her face emotionless and replied as any guests would. It seems that she had to wait more hours to see her prince.

"May I please send word to request for an audience once he arrives Prince Tus. I...I wish to meet him to." Tamina struggled with the words as Tus supported to complete her sentence. "Yes of course Princess. I will inform him that you had requested an audience. "

In the other corner of the palace, men were unloading their armour and goods from Dastan's caravan. He had reached the palace at that time when the page approached him. Dastan's travel left heavy trace of sweat and dust over him. He inquired if the banquet had started and who were in attendance. He knew in his heart although not voiced that his father will invite Tamina. It had been a little over three months since the incident and the last time he laid his eyes on her face.

"Is Princess of Alamut in attendance?" he asked as he removed his armour . It was confirmed as she has and the page went to add that her beauty over shone all princesses who were present.

He wanted to see her but at the words of her presence took him back to his anger at her, his pride overtaking his heart. He looked at his hands remembering how it felt to hold her. He longed for it still but he knew he was in too much of a rage to see her.

"Send word to Prince Tus from me to extend to the king my apologies for my absence and gratitude for his understanding. My travel has made me exceedingly tired and I am not proper for receiving guests."

Dastan stood in silence for a while. At this very minute, Tamina was only a few rooms away from him. This gave his heart a sudden chill the closeness to her. In his mind, he ran the scenario of meeting her over and over again. He would great her as any royalty would and be as he was. However, when it came around to it, he just could not face her. For him, she should have given her the benefit of the doubt that day, ask him the reasoning for such rumors or just take his side. He did not think it possible for someone who claimed to be as close turn so fast with few words from a spy. It was all just an act he convinced himself.

Tamina went through the function in a complete mask of grace hiding the disappointment of not seeing Dastan. Perhaps he would arrive late or when he hears of her presence, rush to meet her. Prince Tus in receiving Dastan's apology for his absence sent message to him to receive the Princess. She smiled as that was all she could do in public. This was possibly the longest dinner Tamina has ever attended and she longed for solace of her room. The king has insisted she be housed in the main palace unlike the other guests who were provided another palace adjoining. She was accompanied by one of Tus' wife who was desperately trying to raise Tamina's spirits but ended up only speaking without a pause.

Dastan too walked on the corridors of the palace with Bis who was narrating some topic which hardly touched Dastan's mind that was filled with Tamina. It is then he heard her voice answer to another persistent question by his sister-in-law. In a second, Dastan pulled Bis to a connecting corridor and lent against the wall. He stood quiet for them to pass and he dare not raise his eyes to see her.

Bis stared at Dustan, "seriously Prince Dastan, that was not right!"

He looked down with sadness and then looked at Bis, "I cannot meet her yet. In her pride she just...I do not wish to speak of it and of her!"

Bis put a hand on his shoulder, "Dastan, do not do this. If there is no feeling between you two, end it respectfully to each other. Hiding in spaces to avoid her will not solve the pain."

The words were ringing in Dastan's heart as he stood in the shadow of her balcony room. The moonlight strangely illuminated the room in blue. It was so quiet with only the wind as a melody. He looked at her sleeping form, her face turned away from him, sleeping as prim and proper as she always does. He thought of the days where they were together, how she would come to the edge of the bed and speaks to him as he lay on the floor on his makeshift bed. He remembers her face, her skin, her smile, and her tiny tiny feet. All of a sudden, it becomes too much and he turns his head away and leaves the balcony. In seconds, Tamina wakes up gasping and upright. She looks at the balcony, with the feeling of someone's presence that she cannot be let go of. She looked around the room so foreign to her. It was decorated with grand motifs and a ceiling painted in rich red, purple and bronze so far from the alabaster and gold of her city.

She did not sleep well after and as early morning dawned on the wedding day, Tamina paced around in her room unable to quill the pain and impossibility of her situation. It is then a message was brought in. Prince Dastan kindly requests an audience with the Princess in her parlor in the morning. It was possibly the longest hour Tamina waited. She sat, she paced, she checked the gift brought for Dastan, and she adjusted her dress. After what seems an eternity, she heard great pleasantries exchanged as of great friends meeting rather than royal and subject; Asoka and the Prince. There was a soft knock on the door and her heart paced.

"Enter!"

Only Dastan entered, not looking at her but turned and closed the door behind him. He turned, hands behind his back, eyes cast down reluctant to look at her.

"Hello Princess," he looked at her and his breath left him. It would be closer to three months since she saw him and heard his voice. It sounded so comforting like warm honey. Tamina eased her veil and rested on her shoulders. She looked at him with those eyes frames in black and gold. "Hello Prince Dastan," she stood up from the cushioned divan and reached out with her hands not knowing why. To save face, she used her hand to direct to a seat. "Please have a seat," she managed to form words taking her place on the divan.

Dastan at this time was deeply grazing into her eyes, his brows knotting in pain of seeing her. "No," he stuttered, "n..no Princess, thank you. However, I have many duties today for the wedding." he looked down again trying to cover the blatant lie he just spoke. "I cannot stay long."

Tamina once again stood up, "Yes, yes of course Prince Dastan."

Room fell quiet while their minds were raging as waves. Tamina longed to tell him what she knew, who they were in the past and Dastan, he simply wanted to hold her.

"I was informed that you are now looking to the King's interest to the north, Prince Dastan?"

"Yes, Princess," one more lie uttered.

"Alamut has recovered well and enjoying a great harvest. It seems we have been blessed by the Gods," Tamina said trying to get round to the conversation of their past.

"That is wonderful Princess. I wish you and your people joy and prosperity always. If...if I may take my... my leave."

"Yes...um...I wish to present to you this gift," she stretched her hand to a great wooden box next to her on the table, "please, it would be a great honor for us for you to accept this."

Dastan lifted the crafted lid off the box and moved the velvet to reveal a beautiful chest plate of Alamutian craftsmanship. Dastan placed his fingertips on the plate feeling its cold finish. It had a solid breastplate but the torso made in blades so well that it looks solid.

"Tamina... Princess this is beautiful, the craftsmanship. .." Dastan looked at her and saw her trace him with his eyes.

"I am glad that you like it. It is made for you alone, one of its kinds as the owner itself. The breast plate is hard but the torso is bladed so that you can run around and do all your fancy moves," she smiled.

"I am very fond of climbing."

"Yes, yes I know," Tamina squeezed her right hand with the other.

Dastan picked up the armour which was surprisingly light and turned it over and there he saw it, the sign of the intercepting buds right where his heart was.

"That symbol is to remind you that the people of Alamut will always have you in their hearts and prayers," her eyes started to water. She did not have the heart to say that it is her royal symbol. That it is in her heart and her lips that Dastan was present, "it would protect your heart from harm in battle."

"It seems that the people of Alamut spend their time only thinking of me," Dastan forced a smile.

"Oh yes, they think of you all the time, always and every day. During prayers, meals, walking around in the garden," Tamina started to list all the times she have him in his thoughts in guise of her people. Dastan understood this too.

"Do they think about me at night," he asked eyes averted to the box as he placed the armour back.

"Especially at night, Prince Dastan. Nights are unbearable," a tear fell and as swiftly she wiped it off. Dastan placed the lid on the box. As much as he wanted to hold her close and be back where they were or more, the pain and sins of past were too much. Hers that scarred him and his secrets may break her. Dastan arrived back again to the pride and anger he possessed.

"No armour could protect one's heart from harm Princess."

This was the first time Dastan properly looked into Tamina's eyes, too intense that the princess turned away and began to speak.

"I hope to see you in it tomorrow at the royal presentation to the people," Tamina said referring to the traditional march the royals would engage in, riding in parade along the streets.

"I am sorry princess but I leave for my duties early tomorrow morning. I will not be here. We will have to seek another time for me to adorn this armour."

Tamina simply looked at him not having words to reply. "Princess I need to be away now for...for the wedding preparations. Thank you for your gift. It is greatly generous. I will see you at the ceremony Princess. We hope you will enjoy your stay in Nasaf. I know you feel that the desert and Persians see, shriveled and angry," he bowed quoting her from the past not knowing that she also knows of the knowledge. The words hit Tamina hard.

As Dastan gripped the door handle, Tamina found her voice, "wait. Prince Dastan you left this scarf at Alamut. I wanted to return it."

He did not turn at first but only looked back not even looking at the scarf. "You can just throw or give it away your Highness. I did not leave anything of value to me in Alamut."

Tamina knew the words were less about the scarf and more about them and it led her to whisper, "Forgive me."

He turned back to the door, "no need to apologise princess, you did not keep me for long."

It was not for that her forgiveness was sort but both pretended otherwise.

g\%

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

6K 339 42
Georgia has always held a fascination for the Middle East. With little money and nothing to keep her home, she seizes the chance to teach English in...
14.7K 1.1K 30
continuess of heartless love ..... what happen when love became his passion and obssesion ... did he will come back to fulfill his promise or his sto...
185 10 2
A man and his friends set off to leave the "safety" of their homeland with the goal of finding a missing fragment of themselves-perhaps even having s...
5.9K 320 16
❤MAGICAL LOVE STORY❤ ⛦82 for general fiction _ feb 2018 22nd for general fiction-june 2018 To love is nothing, to be loved is something, bu...