The Mutual Attraction (#3)

By Trish_97

"I can't do this ! This is wrong !" she exclaimed loudly, trying to prove her point. "Miracle... More

The Mutual Attraction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue

Chapter 6

61.8K 1.5K 102
By Trish_97

                  To say Miracle was furious, was like comparing an elephant and a small red ant. Miracle had a major headache from all the drama that took place. And hence, here she was sitting at the back of the car with Hazel, who was constantly trying to make her feel better. But, that was ticking her off even more. 

                        "Caley, look at the bright side. You are getting married to one of the most wanted bachelors in this field of multi-billion business. And he cares about, he will keep you happy. That's what matters the most right?" Hazel stated softly and carefully.

           She had never been so scared of Miracle in her entire lifetime as she was now. Sure, there were times when her and Mikey had managed to set her off the edge. But never had she reacted the way she was now. It was scarey enough to set a Giant monster running off the hills. Miracle's legs were continiously shaking, a sign that she was felling beyond restless, which usually meant she wanted to beat the shit out of someone. Even in their High-school days, Miracle had shown these signs. And this happened only if anyone had tried bullying her or Mikey for being friends with a Multi-billionaire Heiress. According the those highschool kids, they were not fit or rich enough to be Miracle's friends. But that's a story for another time. Coming out of her thoughts, Hazel realized that Miracle had still not replied. Hazel glanced at Michael through the rear view mirror. For a mili-second their eyes met and Hazel had gotten the message loud and clear.

                       Calm down this little tiger before she enters her house, or else the next thing you know her apartment is burning along with Kayden inside it. With that thought, Hazel cautiously placed her hand on Miracle's, which probably was an error. Miracle's roaring voice had sent Hazel flying to the very corner of the seat, clutching her hands near her chest, just in case her heart decided to break her ribcage and come out.

                    "SO WHAT? SO WHAT IF HE WILL KEEP ME HAPPY? AND WHY DO YOU EVEN THINK HE WILL? THE ASSHOLE DIDN'T EVEN APOLOGIZE FOR LAST TIME NEITHER DID HE HAVE THE CURTSY TO COME TO ME AND ASK FOR MARRIAGE! PROPERLY, LIKE ANY OTHER HUMAN BEING ON THIS PLANET. THAT BARBARIAN NEEDS TO KNOW THAT HE IS IN THE WRONG ERA. AND IF HE WANTS TO SURVIVE HERE, HE NEEDS TO KNOW THE RULES. TODAY! TODAY HE ESCAPED, HOW LONG WILL HE THOUGH? HE FINALLY HAS TO FACE ME! AND I WILL MAKE SURE THAT HE IS AWARE OF MY THOUGHTS LOUD AND CLEAR. Okay, you can start driving now, Michael." Miracle added calmly at the end of her frustrated rant. Hazel didn't even realize that Michael had stopped driving, while Miracle of screaming her lungs out. After taking a few deep breaths, Miracle had come forward and enveloped Hazel into a tight hug.

                   "I am sorry for scaring you, Hazey. And Mikey I apologize for making you stop the car." Miracle said, sincerity shinning like stars in her green eyes. Both of them just smiled as Michael flicked Miracle's forehead affectionately and started driving. Both of them were aware, Miracle's calm, for now, nature was like the calm before the storm. A raging storm that was going to be Kayden's doom. He sure knew how to mess with the wrong person.

                         Miracle's next day started with her barging into Kayden's office to catch hold of him. Which she was quite successful in, all thanks to Dante. It had been two hours since she had entered Kayden's office, there was absolutely no sign of Kayden. As far as she knew, Kayden never ran late. He was the most punctual person when it came to work. Half of his revolved around work, although not like her dad, who was so into it, that he even spent some nights in the office. But that lost time was made on Sundays, when they out for family picnics along with the Kings. Those were the most joyful memories of her life. Now that she thought about it, Kayden was much better when he was younger. As the age was catching up to him, instead of maturing, he was behaving more like a snotty, bratty, teenager. She didn't like this Kayden one bit. 

                    He is still not turning up. This is freakishly boring, sitting like this in his office.

               May be if we wait for a little bit longer, he will come. Just have some patience, will you?

                     What if he knows that I am here? Is that why he is not showing up? Ugh! I sound like a clingy girlfriend. If he doesn't show up in next two seconds, I am out of here.

          ONE!

      Wait!

              "What are you doing here baby?" came out a sexy drawl, just as Miracle was about to get up from her seat and take a leave. It was the infamous I-get-whatever-I-want, Mr.Kayden King of course, looking like a hybrid of devil and angel in his finely tailored suit and tie. A man wearing a suit and looking deliciously handsome to a woman can easily be compared to the similar feeling of nostalgia that men face when see a woman lacy, skimpy lingerie. And that is exactly what Kayden was right now for Miracle.

             Don't forget the reason why you are here Miracle. At remembering her purpose Miracle cleared her throat and gulped some saliva in, so that the dryness would go away. Yet, no avail. In the end her voice came out like a croaking frog when she said,"We need to talk about some serious shit.", putting on her best no-nonsense demeanour.

                    Without uttering anything, Kayden just motioned her to take a seat in front of him, while he sat down on his chair on the other side of the table. He seemed quite relaxed compared to Miracle, whose nerves were creating a havoc in her body under his intense gaze. Kayden had put on a sickly sweet smile on his face, as if taunting her and provoking her. This little staring match of theirs had lasted for at least ten minutes, until Miracle finally gave into her temper and got up from her chair, sending it flying a few inches back and banging her hands on the table.

                "What is wrong with you Kayden? Have you lost your mind? Do you mind telling me, why in the world were we announced as a couple yesterday?" her words dripped acid as she asked Kayden.

              "Our parents think we are perfect for each other. And may be they are right. Now sit down, so we can talk properly in a civilized way, although there is nothing to be discussed. You are famous author and I am sure half of staff knows who you are. I just took over, we don't want to give them a wrong impression, do we? So tell me, how have you been these days?" Kayden replied still maintaining that annoying smile of his. Annoying Miracle furthermore by declining to discuss the matter with her.

                   "Why don't you understand Kayden? How can this marriage even happen? There is no base to our relationship. This is not done Kayden, I-" Kayden cut her off by waving his hand dismissively.

                "If this is what you want to talk about, then you can go home Miracle. There is nothing more to discuss." His ignorance was amusing to some level. But more than that it was infuriating. And there was just so much more that Miracle could handle. She had reached her limits of tolerance with him. He wasn't even thinking about what she was saying, or what she wanted to say.

                            "I can't do this! This is wrong!" she exclaimed loudly, trying to prove her point.

              "Miracle, I really don't have time for this. I am sure whatever was decided was decided for good. Now quit whining like a baby and get to work. I don't want our professional lives to be clashing with our personal lives. The rest of the discussion on this topic can be completed at home." He said in an overly calm tone that sent chills down her spine.

                                "Kayden ! How can you even agree to this marriage? You don't even love me and you have a girlfriend already, for heaven's sake!" Miracle continued ignoring Kayden's demand. This wasn't right! And she was going to prove it. She was going to make Kayden understand that there is no reason to put their lives on hold just because their parents thought they were perfect for each other. She didn't even feel anything for him other than a feeling of pure friendship.

                             Okay well, that's a big lie.

                     No, seriously! I don't feel anything for him. I've gotten over it.

                          Yeah, yeah. Whatever floats your boat.

                        Kayden's giant figure looming over her brought her out of her thoughts.

                   "My girlfriend can be discarded, Miracle. And once again, this discussion is over. Don't ignore my words, baby. I don't like to be ignored."

                    His cool minty breath fanning her face and the fact that he had to literally squat down to whisper to her made her stomach do a weird flip.

At that very moment, Miracle realized, that there might be a teeny tiny bit of a MUTUAL ATTRACTION between them.

                  Well screw that stupid attraction!

              "Fine, be like that! But then, you would have to agree to whatever I say. I will agree to not discuss it further, only if you agree to sign this." she said, slamming a piece of paper on his desk. Kayden carefully took the paper in his hands and assessing it properly.

              "RULES KAYDEN KING HAS TO FOLLOW IF HE WANTS TO MARRY MIRACLE MARS." Kayden's face twisted in an expression of disbelief. He gave Miracle a questioning look, to which she just smirked and asked him to read further. Kayden gave her wary look and began reading.

          "RULE NO.1: Kayden will let Miracle Mars talk and meet whoever she wants and will learn to trust               her and her choices.

          RULE NO.2: Kayden will spend two days a week completely with Miracle.

          RULE NO.3: Kayden will learn how to cook.

          RULE NO.4: Kayden and Miracle will take turns in making breakfast and dinner, as there will be no             maids or nannies assigned.

          RULE NO.5: Miracle will need a proper proposal from Kayden, as her expectations of a dream                   proposal were flushed down the toilet.

          RULE NO.6: After marriage Kayden will move into Miracle's apartment.

          RULE NO.7: Kayden will not have any complaints or regrets in the future. The moment he does, the           marriage will be put to an end.

          RULE NO.8: Kayden will always take the lunchbox that Miracle makes for him. In case she fails, he           has the permission to eat only office cafeteria food.

          RULE NO.9: All the above rules should be followed thorough sincerity.

          RULE NO.10: If Kayden King does not agree to these rules, he should probably quit dreaming about           marrying Miracle Mars and end this engagement." he finished.

          "Miracle, do you even realize how childish this is? A contract? Seriously! And why no maids? Why do I have to cook? You know, I can't cook for the life of me." Kayden asked, confusion clear in voice. He had no idea why she was doing this.

             "There will be no maids, so that you can learn to be independent and-"

             "I am independent." Kayden cut her off in between. Miracle just gave him a fleeting look and continued, ignoring his protest.

                      "-and it is for you to learn basic survival alone, if at all you have to be alone somewhere. Whereas the cooking part, I can teach you to make day-to-day stuff. And other than that, a man who knows how to cook marks a heavy impression on me. I know this sounds childish, Kayden. I made these rules, after all. But then again, its one way or another. Now you get to decide. Do you want to sign these and marry me or you want to disagree. And before you ask, yes, you will be given a chance to improvise in these rules. And hopefully, if you do sign, we will finally learn to love each other in the near future. So now the question is, will you sign it or not?"

                           Should I sign it or not?

************************************************************************************

A/N: HELLO THERE PEEPS!! HERE IS ANOTHER CHAPTER...

NOW IF YOU THOUGHT MIRACLE WAS WITTY BEFORE, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF HER NOW?

I THINK SHE IS SUPER EVIL. SHE IS OUT TO TAKE REVENGE AND KAYDEN IS TRAPPED.

HOPEFULLY WE'LL COME TO KNOW ABOUT KAYDEN'S DECISION IN THE NEXT CHAPTER. UNTIL THEN DARLINGS..

ENJOY READING!! 

LOVE TRISH ♡☆♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 946 15
◇𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄◇ ~𝐀 𝐉𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲♤▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎♡𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧~ Have you ever thought, whe...
17.8K 822 14
"Dancing can be likened to lovemaking. You happen to set the pace, you happen to enjoy it very much" - Nonso ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ It wasn't just...
6.6M 238K 61
#3 on Featured list! "I need you to be my wife." he said lifting her chin up, forcing her to look at him. "But, we don't love each other." protes...
651K 21.7K 61
[Highest Rank; #3 in Humor 3/27/17] --- I was unable to keep myself from blushing. "I'm not his girlfriend." "Yet." Ryder and Benjamin sai...