Her Arrogance ,His Humbleness

Av Humylash

she comes from a wealthy family, He has nothing, she never had to worry about where her next meal will com... Mer

chapter 1
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Not An Update
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
EPILOGUE

Chapter Twenty Eight

2.7K 399 7
Av Humylash

Hamdala this  one is specially for you ,for your readership and encouragement, for being that friend right from junior secondary school and for letting me know that you love this book .Thank you!

🌹
Few days later we came back home with loads of gifts for everyone , Aminah and Muhammad were amazed as to how Nigeria looks like ,I don't know whether it reached up to their expectations or they were disappointed and I didn't bother to pry .
There was food , laughter and love all over , we ate and drank and made merry before finally deciding it's  time to head home but before then we have to break the good news to the family .
" Ammy ,Hajia and Abby we have good news for you " Taseer announced and before he could go further the elders understood that it's the news they've been waiting for ever since I miscarried and from my discomfort they just have to guess it right .
" Mashaa Allah , Alhamdulillah am so happy to hear this , congratulations my children ,take very good care of yourself manal" Abby said looking so happy I wished I can engrave the memory of his happy looking face till forever .Hajia whispered something into Aminah's ears and she squealed happily, crushing me with a hug, Ammy looked super happy and after some banters being made we left them ,taking Muhammad with us cuz he's going to spend the night with Ameer his personal person .
" Congratulations manal I can't wait to be an uncle , you and muntas are my siblings right?" He beamed at me and I laughed ,giving him a sweet smile I replied back saying " of course yes, you're my one and only bro whom I love so much and can't wait for my child to come into this world and see the wonderful people he/she have got "
" Our child ma'am " Taseer corrected with a smug smile and I pouted ,turning my attention to the street.
At the Ameer's we had to stay longer than intended because the guys decided to play games and the devil best friend wanted to make my life a living hell coz I didn't tell her am pregnant. I pity the child she's bringing into the world tho.
" how could you do me like that Manalie ? We tell each other everything even when we poo how on earth did you manage to hide it from me ? Surprise my foot " she shrilled loudly .
" Ahhh spare me madame , it was meant to be a surprise. Had I known that this is how you're going to react , I would've given the Dr the phone to inform you ,evil witch " I whined plopping down on her bed with a tired sigh .
" you are so inconsiderate , am tired didn't even get to see my house but the first thing you can think of doing is letting off your stupid P hormones on me "
" Am so sorry manalie , you broke my heart that's why , what would you like to have ?"
" Nothing" I pouted and turned away from her.  She did all she could till she let me be .I drifted into a heavy slumber not knowing that it is already late till I feel  Taseer lifting me off the comfortable bed , I fluttered my eyes open to see a wide eyes slacked jawed Simran and Ameer .
"Shh don't mind them sweetheart, go back to sleep I got you " Taseer whispered and I smiled and got back to sleep .I woke up for fajr to find myself on my bed not knowing how I got there ,then it dawned on me what happened ,I smiled to myself pecking the sweet hubby sleeping beside me before going into the washroom.
" rise and shine sleepy Prince " I cooed into Taseer's ears and he moaned turning to the other side .
" Am gonna wake you one last time and if you didn't wake up I'll sprinkle chilled water on you " I threatened and knowing me too well Taseer knows that I will definitely do it .
" What kind of a wife are you ?" He grumbled heading to the washroom my laughter trailing behind him.He came out and lead us in salah .
"Good morning Noory , how was your night ? Ya gajia ? " I greeted Taseer putting my head on his shoulder.
" Morning Hayatee my night was fine Alhamdulillah yours ?" He said giving me a kiss on forehead .
" Same as yours , what would you like to have for breakfast?
" knowing him to be a workaholic ,I was certain that he's going to work today but he surprised me by saying " No work till next week babe , you have me all to yourself now go back to sleep I have some mails to send I will join you in bed shortly " I smiled at him and went to bed ,the covered me with a duvet up to my torso ." sleep tight wifey "

🌸

Life goes on and I'm now in my second trimester, my joy knew no bounds , simran is too heavy to come to work so she was given a maternity leave , the office is boring without her ,Taseer has been very supportive throughout the morning sickness, the puking and incessant retch the fever and mood swings. Sometimes he will drop me off at Ammy's after work and will come to pick me late at night when he's going home .
Jiddah gave birth to a bouncing baby girl ,she's so cute mashaa Allah and we went for the naming ceremony, she was so happy that we made it , we had lots of fun with her and her husband is also nice .
" Assalamu alaikum " A messenger brought me out of my reverie.
" Wa alaikassalam Malam malle come in" I ushered the old man inside .
" Madam these are for you, someone drop them off" he passed me a huge bouquet of fresh looking natural white lilies .
" Thank you ,here take this " I said giving him a five hundred naira note , he smiled widely , thanking Me and showering me with prayers. There's a note attached to the bouquet.
*it's been a year since you told me how much you love flowers, I almost get to jealous of the poor plants,love you so much wifey take Care of my babies for me *  it was a simple note but it made me giddy all day like a teen drunk with love . I picked My phone from the table and dialled Taseer.
" hey babe , like what you see " he asked cheerily
" Nah, I love them so much hun, thanks so much jazakallah khair, I am missing you here ,but don't worry you owe me a hug and maybe something more " I said smiling ear to ear .
" Alhamdulillah, thought you will not like them, now my heart is at ease love, loads of love talk to you later " with that he cuts the call and I sat there admiring and sniffing the flowers. Rubbing my tummy I whispered to no one " you're gonna have the best daddy " .
After work we went shopping , and I bought lots   chocolates and new perfume set for Taseer. I made his favorite meal at home and made the atmosphere romantic.
" let's go out and star gaze habiby " I suggested and Taseer beamed at me , he hardly gets time for all these and I know he will love to do just that today .
He held me in his arms and laid me on the already spread out lush carpet .
" What will you like to name our child ?" I asked the question that has been at the back of my mind for months.
" Muhammad " he answered .
" Thought as much "
" What about you ?"
" Muhammad if he is a boy and Ilham if she's a girl, but I love Abdulmajid most ,maybe when we have another child but for now Muhammad in shaa Allah "
We lay there for minutes not saying anything , gazing at the stars ,appreciating the beauty of nature ,craving Allah's Rahmah and just glad that somewhere somehow we found each other .
" I pray that you'll have a safe delivery in shaa Allah.  " He finally spoke.
"  I can't imagine the pain you'll go through and I wish with the whole of my heart that I can take away the pain for you , but I can't and the thought kills me Hayatee, we should go through it together huh ?" He sounded scared and I shushed him .
" You've been supportive ever since and I'm happy and grateful for that, there's nothing you can do hun ,just pray that Allah makes it easy for me,besides you've been there with me during all the sicknesses and you're  still here, do you know that some men abandon their wives when they get pregnant? Not buying them the things they crave , boycotting them and telling them it's not there burden to bear ? I'm thankful that Allah gave me you and I pray that Allah guide all those heartless men aright , we will deliver this baby together , bring it up with so much love and discipline in shaa Allah and pray that it becomes a source of happiness and pride to us "
" You know , sometimes I use to think that all these is an illusion, you, Abby ,Ammy ,the Smith's and the company , never in my wildest dreams have I ever thought that I will get married to a rare gem like you , someone who has a simple outlook on life , someone who will support me and love me ,Abby has been a father and a confidante , then Ammy who treats me like her child , the Smith's came and changed my life , Ameer and simran are always there , Al amin also, you make me the happiest by being mine , I thought I will never be as happy as I was the day I married you, then you make me happier everyday , the sight of you always makes butterflies erupt in my tummy , your smile the sound of your laughter your beauty and manners complete me , a day without you is like a year without rain , the thought of loosing you brings tears to my eyes. Then come the best gift you can ever give me , a child, my child ,our child ,I don't even know how to describe how happy I felt that day but it was a blissful feeling, am always worried about you, how you're coping and what not , I know I've become very busy chasing my dreams but you never complained for once ,you're always there to massage my aching body , to feed me with delish delicacies   supporting me and letting me know that you Care, you have my back and you'll be there every step of the way, you try to hide your pain so that I will not worry about you , you are the best and Alhamdulillah for you wifey .I'm glad I met ,fall in love and married that arrogant girl " he said the last part with a wink. He saw the tears trailing down my cheeks and he enveloped me in a hug " Shh don't cry habibty I've got you. I didn't mean to make you cry sorry babe " he tried to make the tears stop but I can't control them , what have I just done to deserve muntaseer Muhammad in my life ?he's too good to be real , so perfect to be human yah Allah grant him with a home in jannah .
" Now that I remembered, I got my hug but not the something more " he jutted out his lips which made me laugh .
" Yawwa that's my girl, just wanna listen to the best sound in the whole wide world " we talked till past midnight before going into the house and instead of retiring for the night , I had an urgent craving for chocolate cake .
" Bestest best " I batted my lashes for some effect .
" What do you want mi lady ?" He cocked a brow .
" Chocolate cake habiby " I pouted dragging him to the kitchen .
" Yah Allah ! What have I gotten myself into ,okay sit there I will whip up something real fast "
" Lemme help you "
" No you must be tired just sit there and watch "
" The perks of having a husband that can cook yippy " I said with excitement and he shot me a playful glare .
" I have forgotten how to make cake again, come and do it after all you're the one who's craving it at this ungodly hour "
" Where is the husband that loves me to bits ?" I asked
" Right here in front of you janaaana but I'm not gonna let you cajole me ehe "
" Okay then, goodnight " I stormed out of the kitchen fuming with anger .
" 30 minutes later, while I was folding the praying mat.  Taseer came in with a mouth watering taste bud bombing looking chocolate cake and I forgot why I was angry at the first place  " awwwn the light in my life, the fuel to my stomach and the air to my nose shankiu .I bobiyu three much " I said giving him a sloppy kiss while he smiled at me ,I fed him a large share till he excused himself to go to the washroom ,he came out and prayed kiyamul lail before joining me in bed.
" We are so going to be late for work tomorrow " He said .
" That's not a pee zawjee , you're the boss and am the boss's daughter let's have a day off tomorrow or go in late "
" As you wish your highness , but as the boss I have a duty to uphold " He smirked .
" Kill joy , must you burst my bubble ?" I complained .
" it's part of love baby , chill out" I made the sleeping azkhar blew it on us and we drifted into sleep .

🌼

Taseer went on another business trip but it's just for a day and he's returning back today , I just got off the phone with Jiddah and Simran, Simran complaining about her heavy bump and Jiddah telling us about the joys of motherhood .I heard the door bell rang knowing that it's not Taseer I  wore my hijab to see who's at the door ,to my surprise it was Modibbo and a young man supporting him .
" Jabbama lale , welcome bismillah come inside " I said happily recalling the sweet memories we've made the last time we visited him, we took him to my favorite place which is the steam and he was so happy telling us how love was in those days .
I greeted them and went inside to bring some refreshments .
" Noi lawol modibbo ?" I asked after their journey and he said it was fine , I was curious as to what warrants the sudden unexpected visit but I kept mum not wanting to be rude after all it is his grandson's house who am I to ask why he visited ?
We talked for a while and I  showed them the guest room ,going back to the kitchen to finish making lunch . I served everything in warmers and knocked on their door to let them know that lunch is ready , modibbo was fast asleep so the young man whose name is Danladi collected the warmers from me declining to eat on the table .I was in my room drying my self with a towel when I sniffed his scent before he came in . I whirled around with a huge smile .
" Welcome back home Noory " I said opening my arms which he gladly went into .
" I've missed you "
" I've missed you more , hope an dawo lafiya and an samu nasara " I inquired and he nodded in the affirmative . I helped him reduce his clothes , checked the heater and lead him to the bathroom .After helping him into a Tee and three quarter trouser, I told him about modibbo's visit .
" No wonder I saw some foreign shoes by the door ,wanted to ask but the sight of you made me forget everything, come  here lemme say hi to the little one " I went closer and he put his ears to my protruded tummy .
"Hey champ ?missed daddy?don't worry daddy is back bunny " he cooed and I laughed at him .
" Grow up yaaar ,you're too big to do this Muntas " I teased.
" When did you become Muhammad ?thought he's the only one calling me that ? Ohh that reminds me ,Aminah ,Hajia,Ammy and Muhammad are going for hajj this year in shaa Allah , we will go next year in shaa Allah " I know that he paid for  them and my heart swell with love for my husband .
"Jazakallah bi jannah Noory. Allah ya baka masu yi maka , what about modibbo ?" I asked .
" Modibbo is too old dear, he can't stand on his own and I heard that he had been there once so it will suffice am making arrangements for his health care the stubborn tsoho won't come to stay here in the city.  I wonder what brought him here without informing me " we walked out and I served us lunch , Taseer was watching Channels TV when modibbo came out of the guest room .
" Ahh muntaseer ka dawo ne ?" He asked and they exchanged pleasantries .
" What happened modibbo ? You came all the way instead of asking me to come meet you, hope it's nothing serious " Taseer said scratching the back of his head maybe out of respect idk .
" Nothing serious my child , I have found a wife for you that's why I came personally to inform you , you're well established now and can take Care of more than one wife besides the pride of a man is measured by the number of wives he take "I was sitting right opposite you old man in case you've gone blind , what the jahannam !!! How can he come into my house ,the home I've built with my husband and talk rubbish, second wife my foot, I had the urge to vomit but I held on , not wanting to leave without hearing the answer Taseer will give him .The Dan albarka the true son of his maa and paa ,my hero n Knight  looked at the old man as if he had grown horns , smiled a sad smile and said " haba modibbo, mata kuma ?I have no plans on taking another wife , one wife is enough for me and she's right here I don't wanna cause a rift between us neither cause a ruckus in my household.  I respect you and your opinions but am sorry  I can't , apologise to the lady 's family on my behalf and I pray whoever the girl is will find a very good man and get married to " hahahah I wanted to stuck my tongue out at the old man whom I now don't like at all and at the same time fist bump my hubby but I kept calm ,looking indifferent as I'm I wasn't there not knowing what's going on .
" Your father never say no to me and the time he said no to me was because of you and your mother ,I admit that I was wrong but I'm not wrong now it is the right thing to do "
" Modibbo Allah commands us to take more than one wife if we have the means to and can be just among them ,But modibbo I can't take another wife not because I don't have the means but because I can never do justice , I fear Allah and the torments of hell fire and I'm not polygamous in nature please understand me " Taseer calmly stated with a glint of pain in his eyes .They kept arguing till it becomes annoying and I left them not wanting my heart to burst .I heard Taseer calling me from the living room ,I answered loosely tied my scarf and went in .
" Modibbo is leaving " he announced .
" Okay , won't you stay the night here? " I politely asked but what was going on my mind is a different story .
" What's your business, what am I going to do in this god forsaken house ?" He said haughtily and I hung my head low .
" Sorry , journey mercies ,Allah ya tsare hanya , a gaida mutan gda " I said while under my breath I muttered umma tagaida ashsha .
" I heard you " Taseer said as soon as modibbo and his escort closed the door behind them .He didn't even see them off .
" Why didn't you see them off Taseer? " I tried to hide the taunt from my voice .
" I can't , I'm afraid he might threaten me into bidding to his whims ,that man is so urghh , any way go and cover up we are going to tell Hajia " he is angry and an angry Taseer ain't no fun .Hajia said she's not surprised that modibbo brought about such absurdity . we laughed it off and had fun with Amina who is now wearing natives as if she's half Nigerian born abroad and now back home .

🌹

I spent three days typing this chapter, maybe its because the book is coming to an end and I'm too attached to it to let it go or cuz am super lazy .I don't like this chappie oo but abeg help me vote and comment .
Two more chapters + epilogue then bye bye to Her arrogance His humbleness....the tears are already forming in my poor eyes .
Zee Babayo and Muhammad Kagara are the only sweet souls that answered my questions so thanks to them and love em much .

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

15.9K 709 47
A rich, kind boy whom everyone think of a middle class boy ... A rich spoiled girl whom everyone is scared of... What will happen when they meet.. ...
559 8 22
hi!😃 I'm rathipiya and this is my first story ,fortunately its going to be a love story . I hope you people like this. Do share ,vote and comment yo...
849K 63.1K 38
"He is a mystery. A mystery every guy wants to become And a mystery every girl wants to claim" _ How Bumping into Mr. Billionaire, changed her life...
60.6K 12.6K 71
PROLOGUE Love isn't always tender. One who truly hate herself, cannot love, cannot place her trust in another. The other who don't feel anything at a...