Hard To Forget.™

By MBCrazy1

The last we heard of Destiny, she was left crying behind her school building and pregnant, while Trey was goi... More

Chapter 1 - Regrets.
Chapter 2 - Ex, Meet Current. Current, Meet Ex.
Chapter 3 - A Pretty Heated Discussion.
Chapter 4 - Moments Like These.
Chapter 5 - Gone Missing.
Chapter 6 - You know each other?
Chapter 7 - Secrets Unfold.
Chapter 8 - Struggles.
Chapter 9 - WYMM?
Chapter 10 - Phase One of OGDBIBDA.
Chapter 11 - Apologizing.
Chapter 12 - The Reason Why.
Chapter 13 - Breaking The News To Daddy Dearest.
Chapter 14 - Fate Doesn't Want It.
Chapter 15 - SURPRISE!
Chapter 17 - Two In One.
Chapter 18 - The Wedding.
Chapter 19 - Blast From The Past.
Chapter 20 - Another Chance?
Chapter 21 - The Dream.
Chapter 22 - Inmate C9844
Chapter 23 - A New Kind of Livid.
Chapter 24 - Prison Visit.
Chapter 25 - Welcome to the world.
Epilogue.
So ....

Chapter 16 - Just Dance.

44.4K 895 211
By MBCrazy1

THANK YOU ALL FOR 1,000 FANS! IT'S UNBELIEVABLE I WANT TO CRY! THANKS FOR SUPPORTING MY STORIES! :D

So school's out and I'm officially a junior! WHOOOOO! Second, sorry for the late update. I was really trying to please the fans that read OPPOSITES ATTRACT because they don't get updates as frequently so yeah. 

Anyways, ENJOY THE CHAPTER!!! :D

 __________________________________________________________________

Chapter 16 - Just Dance.

Destiny.

As I stared up at Tequan, a new wave of fear overtakes me. I have never seen him this way. He's not even him self. His eyes look pitch black while his muscles are tense, causing veins to pop out.

It's like a whole new Tequan. 

From the impact of the slap, I can feel my eye throbbing, no doubt leaving a bruise in the process. My eyes start to water but I'm trying hard to push them back. I can't cry in front of him, that only shows that he's won.

But I'm sure he can smell my fear.

Tequan says nothing. He shakes his head and walks into the bathroom attached to our bedroom. That's when I finally decide to let the tears run down my face and the sob from my lips.

I try to get up, but my legs are shaking to bad and I collapse every try. I decide to just crawl. That should help.

I get on my hands and knees and begin crawling to the bed. Everytime my hands touch the ground, my face throbs all the more. 

As soon as I get on the bed, my body wraps in a fetal position. I don't even bother pulling the covers up. It doesn't matter. The sobs get louder and I don't care.

My fiance just hit me.

Tequan has never showed signs of being abusive. He's always happy and protective but he knows his limits. 

Maybe I deserved it. If I wasn't acting like such a hoe, he wouldn't have went to drink himself to oblivion. Maybe if I went after him, we could have talked while he was sober and all of this could have been resolved.

Maybe.

Or maybe it was a drunken mistake.

Part of me believes that this would have happened eventually. Even though he hasn't shown the signs, he has been a little bit more on edge ever since he found out Trey was my ex and my babies dad.

Maybe it just drove him to the edge. That, and I threw the cheating in his face, though I have no proof that he has been cheating.

I just thank God that Ne'Vaeh or Trent weren't here to witness that or all the yelling. The last thing I would want them to do is to see their mother getting hit. I don't want Trey thinking that it's okay or Ne'Vaeh to think that she has to be the victim.

 My heavy sobbing was cut off when the bathroom door opened. My whole body stiffened and I closed my eyes tightly, trying to appear to be sleeping. I didn't want to risk the chance of him getting even more upset.

I expected Tequan to just get his pillow and go to the spare room or go to the couch, but instead he crawled into the bed right next to me.

This had my body on edge, shaking almost.

From behind my eyelids, I could tell that he had turned off all the lights and he kept shuffling trying to get himself comfortable. Soon, he stopped and his breath evened out. He was asleep.

My sobs started up again, but this time silent as my body shook.

I didn't want to sleep next to him. How do I know he might not wake up in the middle of the night and he's still drunk, wanting round two with my face? Or worse, he realizes what I did and try to kill me.

I don't know what time it was, but it was late when I was finally able to stop sobbing, and fell asleep.

* * * *

When I woke up the next morning, my face felt worse than before and Tequan was nowhere in sight. 

But there was a note on his pillow.

Picking it up, I read it.

    -Destiny,

I am so sorry for last night. Words can't describe how horrible I feel for putting my hands on you. Please forgive me.

     Your Love,

        Tequan.<3

I reread the note over and over to see if maybe this was a joke. Did he seriously write me a note and say sorry? He couldn't do it to my face?

Pitiful.

Shaking my head, I got out of bed and went into the bathroom. Turning on the light, I turned to look in the mirror and gasped at what I saw. 

There was a cut just below my eye with loads of swelling surrounding it. I lifted my hand to gently touch it, only to wince when my finger only slightly touched it.

It was extremely painful.

It was also purple and black. Around the cut was black, but the rest seemed to be purple. The cut must be infected.

Reaching into my cabinet, I took out peroxide and some cottow swabs and began to clean.

There's no way I can put make up on the right now. It would only irritate the cut more so I will have to put make up around it. 

If my brother and dad saw this. There would be a murder, surely. Not to mention my coworkers will be questioning me so I need to find a good excuse as to why my face looks like a baseball.

Giving myself one last look in the mirror, I shake my head and turn on the shower water, wanting to take a nice, relaxing bath.

* * * *

"Hello?" I called into the seemingly empty house. "Is anyone here?"

As if on cue, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I walked to the bottom of them and saw Trey descending.

He was wearing a pair of grey sweats that hung low on his waist. His muscles were on display because of the beater he has on, almost causing me to drool.

He looks ten times better with his hair cut.

As he noticed me, his smile widened, but as he got closer, the corners of his mouth began to point downwards. I knew it was because he was looking at my swollen face and it made me feel self-concious. I know it looks bad, but makeup can only do so much when something is so bad.

He made it to the last stair and stared at me, causing me to shuffle nervously on my feet. His stare was too intense. "What the hell is that on your face?" He asked. I looked at him confused. Was he talking about my cut or the makeup? Noticing the confusion, Trey clarified, "Where the hell did that cut come from?"

I open my mouth to talk, but it closed again. I did this a few times, effectively looking like a fish. What could I say? "I-Uhm...After I got home last night I was in a rush to talk to Tequan about what happened and I tripped over one of Vaeh's toys and his the edge of the table." The lie rolled off my tongue so smooth, I was thoroughly impressed with myself.

Patt on the back.

Trey though, didn't look convinced. Luckily though, he decided to question me no more. "That sucks. Must have been a pretty nasty fall." He looked at me expectantly, almost like I was going to just blurt out the truth just like that.

No way.

"It was. I think it got infected. I had to clean it this morning and it stung like a bitch."

He didn't respond, just resumed staring at me, or through me. Deciding to change the subject, I asked, "Were you about to go jogging?"

He shook his head. "I got a call not to long ago and they said the studio is finished. I was about to go check it out." He explained. "Want to go check it out?" He asked with a wicked grin, that I could not say no to.

* * * *

I was in complete awe of the studio.

It was huge, firstly, it looked much bigger than our old high school. It was located in Downtown L.A so there was a good chance business would be good. That, and there really is no competition because there's only one other dance studio in L.A. and that's about forty-five minutes from here.

The studio - as I found out by looking at the huge sign - was called "Just Dance". Mirrors surrounded the whole studio. They were long and skinny in width. Every person will probably get their own mirror.

The floors were wooden, but it was so smooth and it felt alot like glass. You could tell it was newly polished. It was just amazing.

Trey also told me that there were locker rooms so kids won't have to put their things to the side. He said that they get their own lockers when they sign up.

On one side of the studio, there was a gap in the wall where the stereo was located. Trey said it was satellite radio and you could plug anything that took head phones in it and it would play. It also plays CD's and even tape's - even if no one uses those anymore.

There were also bars for stretching. They were like the ballerina bars and they were lined up to the sides, away from the dance floor.

I could tell this studio is going to be a hit. I'm definitely signing my kids up.

"This is amazing, Trey!"

He smiled. "Thanks. It took alot of loans - from your dad mostly - but we'll be able to pay it back in no time."

"Don't even worry about paying back. Once he see's this, he'll know his money was worth it. His two favorite guys are living their dream." I teased.

"Haha." He laughed dryly, rolling his eyes.

I laughed and suddenly all my worries were washed away. This boy always knows how to make my mood better even though he puts me in the worst mood most the time.

Suddenly, music began playing in the background. 

Startled, I quickly spun on my heel to see Trey waving the stereo remote in his hands. Rihanna's 'Birthday Cake' blared through the speakers and my body froze up.

I hadn't dance since the dance competition three years ago. Dancing was something I always loved, but with Trey leaving and the twins being born, I just never had the time.

And truthfully, dancing again scared me a little. I'm sure I'm rusty.

I felt a presence behind me and I already knew it was Trey. 

"Just dance," he whispered in my ear, causing butterflies to dance in my stomach. "Let go, and just dance, Destiny. You still have it."

So I let the music take over my body. I would have thought that after child birth, I wouldn't be as flexible as I used to be, but I was wrong. My body could still bend and sway the way it could when I was seventeen. Maybe even better.

It felt amazing to be dancing again.

I hadn't realized just how much I missed it until I got the opportunity to do it again. And I owe it all to Trey for getting me back in it.

When the music winded down, going quiet completely, I realized a couple of things:

One; dancing will always be a part of me. It's how I express myself. My mood can effect my dancing because it's a part of me and it always will be.

And Two; I should have stretched before dancing. My arms and my legs are aching like hell. I can literally feel my muscles throbbing.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Trey's loud clapping as he approached me. "And she still has it ladies and gentlemen!" He announced to no one.

I laughed, but blushed nonetheless. "Stop it!"

He grinned. "I'm serious, Dee!" He exclaimed. "I think your body moves more fluently than it did three years ago. You seemed more...." He paused, searching for the right word. "graceful." He finished.

I nodded. "I didn't realize how much I missed it."

"You should do it more often. You're definitely one of the best I've seen. The girls at Julliard thought they were the stuff when really they looked like they were walking on eggs."

"What?"

He shook his head, still smiling. "Nothing. I don't know what just came out of my mouth. Ignore me."

"Done."

We both laughed and for the remainder of the time at the studio we danced and talked. Mostly talked.

It seems like Trey and I never run out of things to say so there's never an awkward moment of silence between us. 

When we arrived back at my dad's house, it was pushing nine at night. I was sure the kids would be in bed so I decided to let Vaeh stay again tonight. Plus, I don't want her to wake up to screaming just incase something happens tonight. I want things to cool down before she comes back anyways.

Trey and I sat in his car, not moving at all. I didn't want to go in the house just in case someone was up and asked about my eye. I really didn't want to explain it again.

"Thanks for taking me to the studio, Trey. I had an amazing time."

He shrugged and glanced at me. "It was no biggy. We should take the kids next time." For some reason, his voice sounded almost accusing, but I let it slide, thinking it might just be me since I'm dead tired after today.

"They'll love it!"

He nodded and seemed to get lost in thought. I whipped up my phone and called a cab. I refused to call Tequan after what he did. He didn't even have the guts to apologize in person and that hurts. I understand he was upset but he can't even man up to his mistakes.

My cab came twenty minutes later. After giving Trey a hug and a kiss on the cheek, I got into the cab and we drove off.

All that's left is to go home and face Tequan. He's been blowing my phone up all day and I kind of feel bad for ignoring him but I just needed some space.

I just hope he's not drunk.

 __________________________________________________________________

So I hope this is long enough! I tried to make it extra long but I was getting my hair done all day and I was half asleep writing this. It's like past midnight and I had to wake up at 6 this morning.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT! 

Thanks again for 1k fans <3 You guys are the best!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.7K 2.6K 62
"Why are you acting so weird?" "Well, you're kind of naked." I say matter-of-factly. "Nothing you haven't seen before." Sky says casually. I feel a...
70.7K 1.8K 33
Ronnie feels as if she doesn't have a family. Ever since she was a child, she's been tossed from foster home to foster home. In every one of them, he...
189 59 46
*First in the Fire Whiskey series* 'What if I was making the wrong choice again, picking the bad guy over the steady and reliable one? Because as I...