I'm a what?

By CShaw86

I sat daydreaming about my family with my beautiful mother, strong father and handsome big brother. The perfe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 - The End

Chapter 7

366 9 0
By CShaw86

Clarissa POV

‘Tonight is the night… Oh god! I can still change my mind, I mean I do want to be with him. It’s just, God!’ I stalked around my room unable to calm myself. I had decided that I would sleep with Kale. I needed to clear my head so I threw on a pair of shorts and tee-shirt, left my hair braided down my back and left my room.

I walked along the corridor and through the double doors leading to the garden. I turned to face the sun, enjoying the sensation of heat on my skin. I set off on a slow jog around the lake, taking time to notice the gardens inhabitants. A robin hopped along the path a sign that winter is nearly here. The Swans on the lake looked almost regal, I watched as one spread its wings, flapped and ran for take off. It was all so magical.

I turned into the surrounding trees and picked up my pace. I enjoyed the burn of my muscles, but it was telling me I was pushing myself maybe a bit too far. I bent at the knees and stopped to catch my breath. I stretched back up and looked around.

‘Huh, must have run farther than I thought.’ I turned to jog back to the house, back to my night with Kale. A smile lit my face when I thought of him. My earlier worries vanished. I started to jog slowly back the direction I came, only after a few minutes I realised that this was not the way I came. In fact, as I turned in circles, eyes wide with worry I realised I had no idea where I was.

The sky was darker and the trees bare of leaves, the area looked almost barren. I began to worry, how had I gotten here? I tried to transport myself back to the house. I thought of the lake and closed my eyes, when I opened them again I sighed. “What is going on? Where the heck am I?” I had not moved. I was still in the same place.

A rustling to my left caused me to turn. I saw a figure walking out the trees. I was shocked, almost numb. It took every once of will power I had to not scream. My knees started to buckle as I tried to turn to run, my foot caught in an upended root. I sprawled out on my front, as I pushed on my arms to get up I felt a foot on my back applying pressure. “Hello Clarissa” I was roughly pushed over onto my back with the tip of his boot. “I must say, since your change you are even more delectable my dear”

I tried to summon the elements, anything to get me out of this situation. I found nothing was happening he must have seen the confusion on my face as he laughed at me. “Not so powerful now are you” As he said this he pulled me up by the top of tee-shirt. “If only you had not rejected me, this would have been much easier” At this point I was forced to look into the eyes of Kalis. I could not help it, I blacked out.

When I awoke, I was in a small bed in a room I did not know. I ran to the window and looked out. I could not see much as the window would not open. ‘Humph! Of course! I just stopped being a prisoner and once again I am locked up’ I did not want Kalis to know I was up yet so I crept to the door and tested the handle. Luck was truly on my side as it was not locked. I slipped out the door and found myself standing in a lounge room, a very bare lounge room. One chair by the window and a loveseat next to the open fireplace, nothing I could use to help me.

I walked silently along the end of the room, I could hear Kalis talking with someone through a partly opened door. “Yes I know you wanted me to bring her straight to you. I am sorry that I have not completed this yet. Gregor will be looking for the girl so I wanted to wait a few days before we began the journey.” ‘Weird’ I thought to myself ‘Who is he talking to?’ I could hear no response to his statement.

I slipped into another room and noted an array of weapons lay on the bed; my mind began to wander wondering why Kalis might need all these. I stopped myself short when I noticed he was no longer talking. I dashed to the bed and picked up a dagger. I stood flush against the wall waiting for my moment. “Where is SHE!?” Kalis shouted, I heard maybe 3 or 4 sets of feet running “You will search every inch of the surrounding property and bring her back to me! Go!” His voice bellowed.

“Clarissa… you will come to me now! You cannot hide, you cannot escape! Your gifts are useless here. You will not leave!” I heard him walking closer to the door of the room. I held my breath as if I was trying to make myself disappear. That definitely was NOT going to happen. I saw Kalis walk in and go to the bed with his back to me I picked that moment to attack.

As I stepped forward and was about to direct a kick to the back of his knees he turned and snarled at me. His hand shot up and smacked me down onto the bed. He advanced and crawled on top of me pining me down with his weight.

“Let’s see you deny me now!” All I could think was it is not meant to be like this, my first time is meant to be with Kale. A tear slid down my face, I gave up. My gifts where useless and I was not in position to fight him. Kalis did not like this; he started to shake me to get me to react and smacked a back hander across my face.

“Fight me, come on. Your mother always fought...” As he said this something within me changed. ‘My mother? He has hurt my mother!’ Rage started to build up and I began to fight back at him. He laughed manically “That’s better”

I was bucking under him, he laughed as he tried to undress himself while keeping control of me. I felt round to my back and gripped the dagger I had taken earlier. I watched as he undid his belt and pulled his tunic over his head. As he did this I lunged forward and aimed the dagger for his heart.

********************

I ran blindly once I exited the house. I had no idea where I was going or how I was going to get anywhere. The night sky loomed over me as I ran through the woods. Tears streaked my face, branches scratched and my face and fallen twigs scratched at my legs. I had not heard the other men from the house for a while now. I leant against a tree, providing me much needed support. I looked up at the sky and saw the moon shinning down.

“Oh Kale” I whispered. “I need you” I closed my eyes allowing the sobs to take me over.

I felt the air around me shimmer, the air more chilled. I opened my eyes and gasped I was back in the garden. ‘Kale, I need you’ I sent out weakly to him.

I slumped to the ground as I looked and saw Kale running at full speed toward me.

Kale POV

‘Kale I need you’ I heard Clarissa in my head and ran for the gardens. Bragg caught up with me as I exited the house. I looked to my right and there, stood only a short distance away was Clarissa. I ran to her, seeing her fall to the ground holding her arms out to me.

“Clarissa, who did this? Where have you been?” I caught her in my arms. “Kalis” She whispered.

I growled “I am going to kill him, the bastard!”

I lifted her into my arms and carried her indoors.

“She’s back?” Questioned my father “Let me see, is she hurt?”

I shook my head and carried her along the corridor to her room, closing the door on everyone. I just needed to be with her, I didn’t want to share her with anyone. I put her down on the bed and walked through to her bathroom to run her a bath.

I looked over my shoulder as I poured bubble bath into the water, Clarissa was stood leaning against the door looking at me. I took the time to take in her appearance, her shorts had been snagged and tee-shirt was torn. Bruises had started to come through on her face and arms.

“I am so sorry” I could not look at her, guilt ran through me. I should have been with her, not letting her wander around by herself. I felt her arms around me trying to give me comfort. She moved to the sink and washed the blood from her hands. She looked so beautiful, even with her hair all messy from her fight. She looked into the mirror catching my eye and smiled at me.

Then she was in front of me, kissing me while removing her clothes. “Come in the bath with me?” She looked at me with her sparkling blue eyes. “Of course” I replied, while stripping off. I stepped in first and Clarissa sat with her back pressed to my chest.

“I killed him. Kalis. H-he had me pinned down but I had a dagger and I-I stabbed him in the chest. I cannot believe I have killed someone” She hung her head and shrugged her shoulders “At least he cannot hurt me anymore”

I hissed through my teeth. I did not want to think about him hurting her. I was slightly disappointed that he was dead as I would have relished in being the one to end his existence. I brought my arms around her and pulled her closer to me. My body reacted to the feel of her skin. I felt her body relax onto mine. She began talking and told me what happened, how she had gone for a run, lost track of where she was and then realised she wasn’t where she should have been. She was vague when talking about their fight, Clarissa was definitely holding back.

She told me of how Kalis approached her and she fainted, waking up in the room not knowing where she was. “The thing that scared me was that I couldn’t use my abilities.”

“That would have been Kalis, he was able to block abilities. Once you killed him you where able to come home.” By this time we both were both laying in bed, Clarissa hugged up to me, gripping my chest like she never wanted to let go. It was not yet night time but I could think of nothing I would rather do than curl up with her.

Clarissa’s breathing evened out and she slept looking like an angel. “You have stolen my heart… I love you” I whispered to her, hoping she was deep enough in sleep that she could not hear me but at the same time I hoped that she could hear me. I rested my head on the top of Clarissa’s and drifted into a contented sleep.

A while later I awoke to feel Clarissa running her hands along my chest, ‘Wow, she just does something to me’ I felt myself become aroused and shifted slightly. I did not need to scare her. “Hello my love, sleep well?”

“Mmmm yes. I definitely needed that” She stretched her limbs and wrapped her arms around my neck. I leant forward and kissed her, enjoy the feel and taste of her lips on mine. I teased her lip and her mouth opened deepening the kiss. ‘Oh she is divine!’ I had to pull away before I lost control. Clarissa whimpered slightly, this boosted my ego, she did not want to end the kiss.

“Time to eat” I brought her hand to my mouth and kissed the top of it before climbing out of bed in my boxers.

“But I am not hungry…” She looked at me with such passion and lust that I nearly took her right there and then but after what she had been through I did not want to rush her.

“Well I am Princess” As if on cue stomach grumbled loudly causing us both to laugh. “Shall I bring something up from the kitchen? Would you prefer this?”

She looked at me, eyes shinning and looking to damn edible and nodded to me. I dressed as quickly as I could and nearly ran down the stairs to the kitchen. Chef looked at me like I had lost my mind… In a way I had as my mind was all about Clarissa. I rambled off a list of foods for him to prepare whilst I spoke with my Father.

“Certainly my lord. I shall let you know when it is ready to collect”

I walked into the library to find my father sat by the fire with a scotch in hand. When I entered he turned to look at me “She is ok? He didn’t hurt her did he? I am putting together a team to locate and kill Kalis. He will be severely punished for his actions. She is of Royal blood for goodness sake!”

My jaw dropped ‘What!!’ I screamed in my head “Royal blood?” I gulped “Her mother?”

“Yes Kale, her mother was, well is I guess I should say, second in line to the Fay throne. This is one of the reasons she is so important. I thought Chalise would tell her, I know that she has ‘visited’ her…”

“No father, I do not think she knows this. We should tell her. I cannot keep anymore secrets from her.” I looked to him and he nodded in agreement “Also, the team to locate Kalis is not require.”

“You will not go against him Kale. I will not have your life risked! He is a very old and power Original!” He looked at me shocked.

“No Father you misunderstood… He is already dead” I looked him straight in the eye, saw the confusion in his features “Wha... how?”

“Clarissa killed him. I am unsure of the exact details, I think she is scared to talk about it but I will try to get more from her”

Chef knocked on the door to inform me the food had been prepared. I said goodnight to my father and took the food from chef and headed back upstairs to girl I was hopelessly in love with.

Suddenly my visions of Clarissa, she looked scared. I couldn’t walk any more, I just stood and watched it play out.

Clarissa POV

After Kale left I felt deflated, he didn’t want me. I mean I know that I was inexperienced at just about everything to do with the opposite sex but I did not think that I undesirable. I sat there for a while trying to think if I had done something or not done something but I truly did not know.

I laid back down and pulled the covers up to my shoulders, thinking I would have some more rest before we ate. I felt myself slipping into sleep; I decided to not fight it and closed my eyes.

‘It was dark, very dark… I heard a chuckle behind me, it sounded evil. I turned around found myself underneath Kale, earlier events repeating themselves.

“Let’s see you deny me now!”

His hand clawing, shaking my body. The sharp slap he landed on my face.

“Fight me, come on. Your mother always fought...”

I was screaming and thrashing. He undid his belt and pulled his tunic over his head. As he did this I lunged forward and aimed the dagger for his heart.’

I woke up fighting the scream that was threatening to erupt from my throat. Kale ran through the door, dropping the food onto the vanity and pulled me to him.

“I saw everything princess… I do not know what to say. I am so sorry I did not protect you.” I was still shaking slightly but had calmed down the moment I was in his arms. I felt so safe and secure I did not want to let go. Ever.

I was shocked that my dream had passed through to Kale. There is still much I do not know. I pulled back to look at Kale, he looked like he was in pain, his eyebrows close together and eyes part close. “Don’t blame yourself. This is why I did not want to tell you. I knew you would blame yourself.” I leant across and kissed him lightly on the lips.

“Now then, what did you bring for food?” I smiled up to him, feeling my heart swell with love for him… ‘Whoa, love? What?’

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7M 267K 64
"Come here" he said motioning for me to step closer. I knew that I had to obey his every word. It was just that my body decided not to move. "I will...
158 0 13
PROLOGUE A small boy lies curled up in his bed, trying to hide himself. The screams and shouts of his parents echoed throughout the empty, cold hous...
243K 13K 26
I look around to see if anyone was watching. It was dark also. I stood there sucking the last bit of my cig and blew the smoke out. The smoke began f...
4.5K 140 32
**WARNING: This book does have some dark themes to it that revolve around abuse, rape etc. So please do not read if these themes are triggers for you...